Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4958259 times)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Hope you all are doing good!

I'm not retired yet, but man I sure wish I was...between working my regular job, my outdoors activities and keeping this site running, I have very little time to post cept for the weekends.

Just wanna say, that I'm glad you boys are here! It takes me awhile to get caught up on all the posts (so, forgive me if I miss one) and, it's fun.

This morning , me and jr sat out in the goose blind...could hear them, but couldn't see them because of the fog....so, we  :bs: 'ed and got caught up. Afterwards, the daughter and son in-law dropped off the grand baby and their dog so they could go to the fair. So, I'm getting some quality time with them  :happy1:

Anyway...dog farts? That was funny!  :rotflmao:

:azn:

[attachment deleted by admin]

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all. got rain this morning with some thunder thrown in for good measure.  a darn good day yesterday and looking forward to another good day today!!!  friends made it up here yesterday they brought up some home made enchiladas!!  good eats!!!  have a good day all!! 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin guys, 60* with rain here. Went out :fishing:~ 5:30, rain came about 6:30, it's really comin down right now(little after 8). The action was pretty slow again today & that's OK as it's still my favorite way to start the day. :happy1: Did manage 1, kept it too, got 2 in the box & if'n I'm gonna clean them I might as well do 1 more. Have a good un.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning all.  Had some more rain last night but no big amounts.  Just enough to make it wet.  Didn't mow yesterday so will have to get it done today.  I did maintenance on the WD yesterday.  Changed oil, greased, filled tires, cleaned carb, etc.  Took all afternoon.  Felt good to get it all done.  Now I am ready for bales.  Gonna take the pontoon for a ride down to the bridge and check on the progress today.  May have to grill a T-bone tonight.  The leaves are turning here.  Lots of yellows on the boxelders, ash, maples. 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
The wedder morjits predicted heavy rains, flood watch, etc., for the entire day today. Not a drop all day and this is what it looks like out... :rolleyes: But I'll take it.

Offline Coffee118

• Master Outdoorsman
It was 92 and sunny with low humidity here today so it was a good day to wash and put a coat of wax on the Chevy, I'll probably put on a coat of clear coat on Thursday before the trip to help it make it easier to get the bugs off when I get home. Other that that just ready to have a taco salad for diner. I've already checked out so I decided to close the shop tomorrow to relax. Like dad said money isn't everything, you can't take it with you and what's left the government takes anyways. Y'all have a great and safe Labor Day.

« Last Edit: September 09/02/18, 06:04:56 PM by Coffee118 »
if you kick me when I'm down you better pray I don't get up.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Good to hear from ya, Coffee! Wanna slide down and wax Mr. Sparkles, too?  :rotflmao:
Fawgy, 69* and 98% hume. Can  see the moon high up in the sky thru it, though. Morjits are yakking heavy rains and T-storms again. Think they just rewound the 8-track and played it over. No plans for today, might wash some clothes, might not. Gonna leave things open. Have a good Labor Day, all.    :smiley:

Why did this make me think of Barry?  :scratch:  :rotflmao:

http://blondie.com/todays_strip/
« Last Edit: September 09/03/18, 06:43:07 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline Coffee118

• Master Outdoorsman
Good morning and happy Labor Day. I forgot to turn off my alarms so I was up at 3:00 this morning on my day off so I put the second coat of wax on my car this morning under the spot light, jump in Mr. sparkle's Reb and bring it here I'm in the waxing mode, you should be here before it gets dark if not we can do it under the lights. Not much on the to do list but pay bills and relax. Y'all have a fun and safe day.
if you kick me when I'm down you better pray I don't get up.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, have a good labor too!!!  good comic Rebs!! another good day yesterday!!  the sleep machine and I seem to be getting along a little better too!!  only plans today are some cleaning and then get the Harley out!!  have a good day all!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Happy Labor Day!  The wife gets to stay home today.   :happy1:  Mowed the lawn yesterday.  Man it needed it.  Gonna mow down the milkweeds that I leave up for the butterflies.  I think they are done with them now.  May even get around to cutting some firewood today.  Gonna do some spare ribs on the smoker also.  That's an excuse to take it easy.  Gotta keep an eye on the ribs honey...    :rotflmao: :rotflmao:  Had a nice pontoon ride yesterday too.  Gonna be 78 here today so may have to go for another boat ride.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin boys, we had 52* with 95% RH ~ 5:30, lots of fog too. Not much for action :fish2: again today, almost had some action we didn't want. Found a pontoon fishing near the entrance to our bay on the edge of the densest fog out there without a light on. :bonk: To make matters worse here us & another boat were headed for it at close to WOT.  :doah: :mad1: Idiots! The world is full of 'em. Already got a couple neighbors whose docks our on the shore,1's from east of Chicago & I can understand but the other is from Brainerd. :confused: That's all I got today, hope ya enjoy your holiday.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
hope everyone has  a great LABOR DAY!!!!!!!!!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Did you just get up Glenn?  Good job on the Boilermaker thing. 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
He must be having his Sunbeam Bread to make him smart and give him pep! Yup, lasso it outta the house, and run off with it....right back inside.  :crazy:

« Last Edit: September 09/03/18, 09:37:08 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Did you just get up Glenn?  Good job on the Boilermaker thing.
nope!!! was up by 7;30 am. but yesterday my day started at 3;30 am, drove home from cabin, unloaded, threw the wifey in the car and headed to the state fair. got home putzed a bit then needed to go ni-nite. my body said your done!!!!!! :doah:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Man Glenn, that is overachieving isn't it.  3 AM!  Not many things that I would get up for at 3 AM.   :sleazy: 

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Betting glenn and Smurfette needed to get back to their love shack!  :laugh:

Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I got behind the silver bullet this afternoon and cut the lawn amoungst other things.

Momma wanted to go to the state fair so, you know the saying iffin momma ain't happy  :confused: :doah:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
awe geez...………...I need to get a life. thinking of reb and his red rocket!!!!!!!! :crazy: :crazy: :confused: :scratch: I gotta take a picture of my lawn mower to post a picture...….. :crazy: :crazy: :pouty: :pouty:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Well ya coulda come along with me picking up hot chicks in da Studebaker! Normally da one's I get are 50 - 60 years older dan dis model!  :cool:

Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Except in the "Love shack", the car they drive is a Chrysler, "big as a boat" if I recall, and my lyrics recall is pretty danged good!  :dancinred: So, what'd ya haveta pay Ms Paisley pants to perch on the 'Stude? With an ankle bracelet yet...ya know what that means, dontcha....! Iffen I'd been along, they'da been swarming us! Ya gave her some of yer gourmet grilled chicky, didn't ya? Huh? Huh?  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :evil:
« Last Edit: September 09/03/18, 07:31:13 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
awe geez...………...I need to get a life. thinking of reb and his red rocket!!!!!!!! :crazy: :crazy: :confused: :scratch: I gotta take a picture of my lawn mower to post a picture...….. :crazy: :crazy: :pouty: :pouty:

Excellent! Are ya gonna put a stripe down it? I can do that for ya, ya know!   :happy1: :rotflmao:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Well ya coulda come along with me picking up hot chicks in da Studebaker! Normally da one's I get are 50 - 60 years older dan dis model!  :cool:

sweet!!!!    :happy1: :happy1:

nice ride too!!  which ever!!!! :rotflmao:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning all. Have a good day.   :coffee:  Gotta go beat my head now.  :mad1:

Flash Flood Watch
Flood Watch
National Weather Service La Crosse WI
400 AM CDT Tue Sep 4 2018

...Heavy Rain Today And Tonight...Elevated Flooding Risk...

.Heavy rain is likely later today through tonight as another round
of showers and thunderstorms move through the area. The bulk of
the heavy rain is expected to fall from southeast Minnesota into
northwest Wisconsin. Amounts from 3 to 6 inches are anticipated,
with locally higher possible. Localized flooding should be
planned for with the potential for more widespread flooding to
develop. Rapid rises on rivers and creeks and other drainage areas
will also occur, leading to an additional flooding threat.
This is a dangerous situation. Be prepared to move to higher ground.

« Last Edit: September 09/04/18, 06:59:21 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. Been off grid for a few days chasing the bears around. No cell service at the hunting shack and i kind of like it that way. Sometimes it is just nice to disconnect. Had a smaller bear coming in when i was on stand, but i kept waiting for the bigger one to come in. The bigger one keeps staying nocturnal though. Will have to see what happens this Friday.  It was chilly yesterday morning in Skime. When I wiped the dew off the seats of the four wheelers in the morning it was ice. Way to early for that. Well, just another day in bearadise. Have a good one Boys
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all!!  hope had a good weekend!!  light rain to start today with a chance of rain all day!!! went for a nice long bike ride yesterday and that was fun..  have a good day all!!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents, woke up to 62* & a steady rain, looks like it may have let up now. Not much on the calendar for today, have a good day.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Cooperman. that is funny as heck. :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :puke:

Thay are pretty quiet.

sent ya PM...

I replied to your PM Mike.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning all.  Just getting ready to go out and get something done before the rain hits here.  Rebs CCO showed you getting very wet today.  Unreal.  Had a great weekend.  See ya all later.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
« Last Edit: September 09/04/18, 12:35:46 PM by mike89 »