Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4959348 times)

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Looks like I will be moving snow again tonight. I think I am going to put the blower on the skidsteer this time.

What size skidsteer & blower do you have JB? Someday when I grow up, would like to consider that. Tractor w/a cab & blower was a step up here but not as maneuverable in some of the tight spots as I'd like. I use my little Mustang 330 in those spots now but if I continue this round bale stuff, getting a skidsteer large enough to handle them would be nice rather than hooking and unhooking stuff all the time on the tractor. Interested to hear your thoughts. 
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Looks like I will be moving snow again tonight. I think I am going to put the blower on the skidsteer this time.

Someday when I grow up, 
:tut: :tut: :tut: :tut: :tut: NO reb...............i'm not saying it. that wouldnt be nice!!!!!!!!!!! :tut: :tut: :doah: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
 :taz: :banghead: :angry: That sheep doo-doo comes in the liquid variety sometimes too ya know... :rotflmao:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I see 94 westbound at Rogers is closed due to a semi accident..  and 511 is showing roads are sure nasty...  snow is slowing down here but wind is crankuing now...
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:taz: :banghead: :angry: That sheep doo-doo comes in the liquid variety sometimes too ya know... :rotflmao:
:happy1: chocolate syrup for my ice cream?? :mooning:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
I can help ya out with some choco-chunk for that ice cream!  :evil:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman

What size skidsteer & blower do you have JB? Someday when I grow up, would like to consider that. Tractor w/a cab & blower was a step up here but not as maneuverable in some of the tight spots as I'd like. I use my little Mustang 330 in those spots now but if I continue this round bale stuff, getting a skidsteer large enough to handle them would be nice rather than hooking and unhooking stuff all the time on the tractor. Interested to hear your thoughts.

My skidsteer 2004 ASV RC60(60 hp) and the blower is a Loegerring 72". I think it is 72" otherwise it is a 67". I bought is used back in 2013. It only had 480 hours on it and was stored inside. The guy I bought it from had the attachments and wanted to sell it all at once not piece by piece. He had the blower, bucket, forks and a 60" brush mower for it.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Great find jb, I could use that at the cabin for sure, but for now I'll stick to the little Toro snow chucker here at the house just curious though, why do some of you guys clear your roofs of snow? Ice dams? Ever since my soffits were cut open I haven't had an icicle since. I've had to on the big snow falls keep an eye on the chitter vent but that's about it.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Yup, don't want any icedams. Haven't had any....Took me three hours to blow out and do the steps today, and rake roof. About 5" snow and blowing like heck here. I rake 3-4' back from edge. I added bigger soffit grills years ago, think I've got 12 of 'em....and put in about 24 soffit styro chutes inside after I blew in about 32" of chopped fiberglass. (The chopped white stuff) I also did the continuous ridge vent too. Lotsa airflow in my attic. :laugh:  If ya get a real rapid thaw and then freeze, you can still get ice dams, if you have a lot of snow up there. My hip roof collects and holds every friggin' snowflake out there. Hip roofs will break up wind flow and create areas of "stall", thats why it holds the snow. It gets pretty deep up there at times. Neighbors across street have open gable roofs, and the snow doesn't collect nearly as much on those. Ones behind me have hip roofs, too, and snow gets deep up there. I don't like hip roofs, but that's what on my house, so.......it is what it is.  :undecided:
« Last Edit: February 02/07/19, 05:40:31 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
He'll probably be  :fishing: outta his boat before they get him his new license. :crazy:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman

This from the guy who grumbled about getting his patties slapped for his A1C?  :rotflmao:

Nite chores done, in da house having some tincture in my cocoa. A 2 hour workout. So far not as brutal as advertised altho the wind has increased, 20 mph, gusting to 24. In Mankato it's 32 gusting to 40. 0 here and -2 in Mkto.

Sounds like a sweet unit JB. Nice to have all those attachments as well. On tracks I presume? Neighbors have a Cat skidsteer on tracks they like. 

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Yup, don't want any icedams. Haven't had any....Took me three hours to blow out and do the steps today, and rake roof. About 5" snow and blowing like heck here. I rake 3-4' back from edge. I added bigger soffit grills years ago, think I've got 12 of 'em....and put in about 24 soffit styro chutes inside after I blew in about 32" of chopped fiberglass. (The chopped white stuff) I also did the continuous ridge vent too. Lotsa airflow in my attic. :laugh:  If ya get a real rapid thaw and then freeze, you can still get ice dams, if you have a lot of snow up there. My hip roof collects and holds every friggin' snowflake out there. Hip roofs will break up wind flow and create areas of "stall", thats why it holds the snow. It gets pretty deep up there at times. Neighbors across street have open gable roofs, and the snow doesn't collect nearly as much on those. Ones behind me have hip roofs, too, and snow gets deep up there. I don't like hip roofs, but that's what on my house, so.......it is what it is.  :undecided:
If you think you have plenty of air flow, no raking of snow needed. My soffits were cut out all tge way around, plenty of under flow, not just some larger vents. No ridge vents either,  no dams, no raking.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I just like bustin'  my nuts. Helpin' me lose weight.
« Last Edit: February 02/07/19, 06:56:49 PM by Rebel SS »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

My skidsteer 2004 ASV RC60(60 hp) and the blower is a Loegerring 72". I think it is 72" otherwise it is a 67". I bought is used back in 2013. It only had 480 hours on it and was stored inside. The guy I bought it from had the attachments and wanted to sell it all at once not piece by piece. He had the blower, bucket, forks and a 60" brush mower for it.
that ASV facility in Grand rapids is the one we organized  :happy1:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

This from the guy who grumbled about getting his patties slapped for his A1C?  :rotflmao:

Nite chores done, in da house having some tincture in my cocoa. A 2 hour workout. So far not as brutal as advertised altho the wind has increased, 20 mph, gusting to 24. In Mankato it's 32 gusting to 40. 0 here and -2 in Mkto.

Sounds like a sweet unit JB. Nice to have all those attachments as well. On tracks I presume? Neighbors have a Cat skidsteer on tracks they like.
ain't giving up my ice cream. No F#$&+(&_ way in hello! We go through about a Paul every 10 days. It last longer if my wife would keep her grubby mitts outta it.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Great find jb, I could use that at the cabin for sure, but for now I'll stick to the little Toro snow chucker here at the house just curious though, why do some of you guys clear your roofs of snow? Ice dams? Ever since my soffits were cut open I haven't had an icicle since. I've had to on the big snow falls keep an eye on the chitter vent but that's about it.
I pull it off with a snow take. To me it's a weight issue.

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
I just like bustin'  my nuts. Helpin' me lose weight.

NL can help with that.  You don't need a roof rake.

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
  When was your house built??? Mine 59 and not a snow storm yet brought it down..

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Same here! Got some drifts at the peak where it's blowin off the lake where it must be a 2' drift. Already did it once, a few weeks ago, looks like we need to do it again though as the sewer vent on the back side of the cabin is startin to disappear again. New here in 2013 Boober.

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
In Rochester, code looks to be 50 lbs per square foot.   Water is 63 pounds per cubic foot so it would take the equivilent of about 10 inches of water.  That would be a lot of snow....   Typically an inch per foot? 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Lots of areas can still infiltrate with heat from unsealed joist rafters, electric boxes, corner joists, etc., that they didn't seal back then. Depends on what ya have inside, roof type,  and what ya have for humidity, ceiling boxes, etc etc. A heavy snow cover doesn't help either. I just follow what my roof contractor/builder told me...rake the edges. Doesn't take much with light fluff and an aluminum roof rake to pull 3' off. Takes me about 45 mns. My buddy has a house built in the late 40's and has never even had an icicle. Neighbor next door has them all around the house. Have a pretty new house a few houses away that has big ice dams a foot deep some winters....I'm not real big on these "super-insulated airtight" houses. :rolleyes:.....
By the way, general rule of thumb on a sheathed asphalt shingled roof is an avg of 15 lbs per sq. (ft) Add the weight of a wet, heavy, snow....that's a lot of weight. That's about all I know.  :smiley:
« Last Edit: February 02/07/19, 07:40:06 PM by Rebel SS »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  When was your house built??? Mine 59 and not a snow storm yet brought it down..
Just to be clear,vo have a split foyer. Only maybe twice I've cleaned snow off the house roof. In pulling it off the garage roof which is lower. And with a north wind it drops over the house onto the garage. There's gotta be a 4 ft drift up there.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
We can only reach the back side of the cabin along with the front & back of garage. Contractor decided to put in a extra vent for the air handler here after we decided to spray foam the attic too.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I want one of those nice sloped steel roofs.......*SLIDE*FOOSH*  :smiley:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Our guy wouldn't do 1 here, too slippery. Starting to be lots of 'em around the lake though.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I want one of those nice sloped steel roofs.......*SLIDE*FOOSH*  :smiley:
yea you get educated pretty fast.  :rotflmao: pulling the snow off the cabin roof the first time, I dang near got stuck in the avalanche. :bonk: darn good thing I'm quick on my feet. :happy1: :happy1:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Ya I bet. Must be all that ice cream yer wife keeps you from eating... :rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya I bet. Must be all that ice cream yer wife keeps you from eating... :rotflmao:
:happy1: :happy1: