Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4959656 times)

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I am sending out prizes today and was just going out the door and then I wondered.  Does Bobber still live in Burnsville or is he the one that moved to Brainerd?

it wasn't Bobber that moved to Brainerd, and darn I can't think of his name now either!!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Thanks Mike.  I can send his prize then.  Just ready to walk out the door and Buddy is all excited to go. 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
I am sending out prizes today and was just going out the door and then I wondered.  Does Bobber still live in Burnsville or is he the one that moved to Brainerd?
boober lives in Burnsville...……

gophergunner moved to brainerd area!!!!!!!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Furnace laid down on me last night. Going to take a closer look at it once the parts stores open. I thinks the thermostat died. Did get down to the creek just South of my place and there were some northerns in it. Not many, not very big either. About a 24" was the biggest. Can anyone tell why the little guys, 6" to 8"ers, want to jump up out of the water and on the bank? I don't have a clue as why. Have a great day everyone. :happy1:

Maybe they're self-distancing?   ;)   Or scared of the big ol' meenies. Actually, never heard of that...ya sure they aren't those invasive carp?

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
   Definity small nords. One was laying in the grass as I was walking by and when I heard it I thought it was a frog until i seen it flop back into the water. Something to think about. Have a great Easter everyone, on my way to fleet to grab a thermostat and then home. I'm sure the dog is not liking the 60 degree weather in the house.  :happy1:
mm

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
good luck Mark!!!!  I do have an electric heater if ya need to borrow it... 

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Good luck Mark!!!
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Did some readin' up on the jumpin' fish, 'cuz I've never heard of that. Pulled this from a big article on northerns in a Fishing Pro magazine.... :shocked:

Hope ya get that furnace fixed, too.

Northern pike are an aggressive and agile predatory fish. Physically, they are more than capable of great explosive actions to include jumping out of the water.

They can also be highly cannibalistic. Big northern pike commonly try to feed on juvenile and smaller pike. Furthermore, pike can be extremely territorial and will attack pike of similar or smaller size if they enter their turf.

That aggression can be one cause for smaller pike to jump from the water. A small pike has a better shot of escaping the jaws of another if it leaves the water and lands away from the pike’s mouth

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Thanks guys, if this don't work the friendly neighborhood furnace fix-it guy is going to get a call.  :happy1:
mm

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Thanks reb, that makes sense. :happy1:
mm

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Well, now we both do!  :smiley:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
good stuff Reb!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Howlin' winds and snowin' like nuts here...wind warning out for today and tonite.  :angry:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Are you gonna do this with yer fox, Barry?   :rotflmao:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Cool!  Nice fox.

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Just watched another episode of Tiger King.     Everyone is bat s*** crazy.   Glad they are thousands of miles away...

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

:doofus:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
We are done with Ozark so plan on starting that Lion thing this weekend. 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning all. 29*, clear and frosty. Nice bright moon in the west this am. Today's rake the yard and such day, buddy and his lawn service are coming over at 9:00. Supposed to hit 50*, so that'll work well. Get that first shot of over-seeding down for next weeks rain/snow to work in. :rolleyes: Gonna get that deck furniture out too; maybe that'll help. Time for a hearty bfast of bacon, eggs, and waffles with maple surple. Have a good Friday (O, I guess it really is) guys.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 19 here this morning heading for the mid 40s today. Should be a good day for fishing. Hope the fish cooperate. Sun is coming up, so time to get motivated. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 24 here going for the mid 40's...  not much going on over all today...  was going to fire up the smoker but decided to wait till tomorrow for that..  the ice on the lake has to be 50% gone and I think the big lake is really open from what I hear...  have a good day all!!!

Offline Coffee118

• Master Outdoorsman
Good morning guys, crazy week here. Begging of the week I was in shorts and cutting grass, the middle of the week we had a tornado and now this morning it’s snowing. Anywho I found a box of Raisin Bran with bananas at the store and it was pretty darn good. Well y’all have a good day and be safe
if you kick me when I'm down you better pray I don't get up.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
'Nanner Bran?!  :scratch:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents, we have 27* now & could hit 50*. Turned on the TV just in time this mornin to catch the end of the local stations fcast & they were talkin about anywhere from 1-11" of snow on Sunday. :crazy: :doah: I checked TWC's yday & they had ~ 1" for us & today they're up to 1-3", guess we'll find out. Did make it to the credit union yday & that was my only mission for the day. Not sure :scratch: what's up for today, gonna be a decent day so I'll probably have to get out for a bit. Nothin more here, hopin you have an extra good Good Friday.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Saying 3-5 here. :thumbs:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Saying 3-5 here. :thumbs:

You musta talked to Dotch.... :angry2:   :moon: :rotflmao:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Nice sunny day here.  Looks like the Forks broke loose cuz the river has lots of ice chunks flowing downriver the last few days.  I'm thinking the spring fishing wouldn't have amounted to much anyways this year.  I don't think anyone missed much.  Once the Forks break loose the water is all muddy anyways.  The weather wasn't that great neither.  I will go down and check the shoreline out in a while.  Probably pull the fish house up too since the ground is frozen.  It is on the shore line now.  Getting itchy to get the boat in the water.  Gonna be cold for a few days though.  Having a cup of high test cawfee today.   :sleazy:  Pretty darn good.  SO youse guys are all getting snow?  I just looked and doesn't look like much here.  Gunner is getting the most down in Iowa???  That ain't right.  Well have a great day and stay safe!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Morning fellers. Gunner getting the snow is better then me!! :smoking: :mooning: :happy1: :rotflmao: well puter is into da puter doctor.hopeto get it back Monday. Udder den day just chillin!🥴
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: Last map I seen showed the heavier amounts off mainly to our west, some slidin north too. :confused:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning fellers. Gunner getting the snow is better then me!! :smoking: :mooning: :happy1: :rotflmao: well puter is into da puter doctor.hopeto get it back Monday. Udder den day just chillin!🥴

:scratch: So what you gonna break & have to take in to get fixed today? :rolleyes: :nerd: :nerd:
« Last Edit: April 04/10/20, 08:31:29 AM by Gunner55 »