Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4903085 times)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 60 here going for 79..  and it feels great outside!!!  and it looks like a good week too!!  might have to look at cutting the grass too..  been looking at buying a used car for a backup, having only one car or truck is fine but some times it's nice to have both... but what a pain!!  oh well..  have a good day all!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Yesterday morning I had to go get my phone out of the boat.  It was so humid I was almost sweating so we turned the air on the get ahead of it.  An hour later I went out and it was beautiful and the humidity was gone.  Weird.  We opened up the windows and turned the air off.  Got a lot done yesterday and we saw the doe with twins walk thru the yard this morning.   :happy1: :happy1:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
morning fellers..........man this going to work thing is beginning to suck!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: catching up on things.and a quiet week ahead..............so far!!!!!!!!!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 62 at choretime heading for a high in the low 80's. At the ranch, we added another .17" of rain after the gauge was dumped yesterday a.m. Brings the storm total up to 3.66" there while 4.12" was recorded in Bugtussle. Nice to have the humidity leave us after a sultry weekend. Still have some bales to toss if anyone's interested. The last load was baled a little tough but in retrospect glad it's baled. On tap for this week: Tracking the elusive soybean aphid. COVID ain't got nothin' on this pest. They bear live young and the population at this point is all female. They in turn bear 6-8 live young every few days. Under minimal pressure from beneficial insects and disease, their numbers can double every 2-3 days. If I could ever find the stupid SOB who brought this pest into the US about 20 years ago, let's just say it wouldn't be pretty. Can only dream about what summers used to be like before then.  :angry:   
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Are they the ones that look like a lady bug and bite like a son of a gun?  I will help you take care of the guy when you find him.  SO this morning there is a willow brush branch on the driveway.  When Buddy and I took our walk to the mailbox I grabbed it to see if I could break it off.  Up flew 10 - 12 Ruffed Grouse.  Looked like some small ones so must have been Mom and a big batch of kids.  Cool as heck. 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Are they the ones that look like a lady bug and bite like a son of a gun?  I will help you take care of the guy when you find him.  SO this morning there is a willow brush branch on the driveway.  When Buddy and I took our walk to the mailbox I grabbed it to see if I could break it off.  Up flew 10 - 12 Ruffed Grouse.  Looked like some small ones so must have been Mom and a big batch of kids.  Cool as heck.
think what you are referring to are those dang asian beetles!!!!!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya that's it.  Lot's of them here at times.  Haven't seen one in awhile.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
you will start seeing them this fall when its starts getting colder and the farmers are starting to harvest there crops. they'll be looking for a warm place to winter.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
'zactly glenn. The multi-colored Asian lady beetles apparently were here or were stowaways on a ship in the Gulf back in the 80's sometime. They had originally been released to control several species of orchard dwelling aphids in the earlier 20th century without success. No solid evidence the population survived. Enter the soybean aphid being accidentally introduced in the late 1990's - 2000 and the lady beetles start coming out of the woodwork, literally. In addition to soybean aphids they also seem fond of bird-cherry oat aphids and English grain aphids in the corn fields until it dies down or freezes. Then the lady-beetles come looking for a warm place to overwinter in glenn's house!

https://extension.umn.edu/nuisance-insects/multicolored-asian-lady-beetles 

https://www.vegedge.umn.edu/pest-profiles/beneficials/mc-asian-lady-beetle 

http://entnemdept.ufl.edu/creatures/beneficial/multicolored_asian_lady_beetle.htm 
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
well I finally found and bought a new to me used car..   2013 Impala with 90,000 on it..  seems like a darn nice car and well maintained too..   metal flake red in color.. 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
well I finally found and bought a new to me used car..   2013 Impala with 90,000 on it..  seems like a darn nice car and well maintained too..   metal flake red in color..
:happy1: :happy1: what the truck to hard to go make out and necking in. :scratch: :doah: :evil: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
:happy1: :happy1: what the truck to hard to go make out and necking in. :scratch: :doah: :evil: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

nope and that's what the house is for!!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
We have a 2011 Impala with about 60,000 on it.  Never had a problem with it.  Love the car.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
We have a 2011 Impala with about 60,000 on it.  Never had a problem with it.  Love the car.

I always drove Monte Carlo's, but as we know they don't make them any more so that is why I went for the Impala..  my first Impala was a 1963 rag top!!!  that was a fun car!!!! 

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Afternoon peoples, back in Austin since ~ noon. Left the lake just before 6  so considerin we made 4-5 stops we made good time. It's a little stuffy & steamy here as there's been no one around since we went north. Kicked the AC up a bit when we got here so it shouldn't take too long. :cool: Looks like a 2-3 day stay this time to me unless somethin changes. That's all from just north of the border, at least for now.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Yes it is me this early in the morning.  I can finally get my boat down to Rays Marine in Bemidji to get my trolling control and an oil change done today.  SO I have to be there at 8:30.  So a bowl of Raisin Bran Crunch with almond milk and I am on my way.  I have to kill 2 or 3 hours whilst there so may just bring my kindle and find a nice place to kick back and do some reading.  Not in the mood to go to stores and we really don't need anything.  I have never said that before I don't think.  LOL  Since you can get Whoppers any time I may have to get me one of them.  So see ya later alligators.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 59 here this morning heading for a high of 72. I can dig it. Have a safe trip to Bemidji Barry. Not much else happening here. Just another day in paradise. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin all, it's 63* here & on it's way to 83*. We've got a couple things on the list for today & 1 of mine is to mow so Sis won't have to. There's an old dehumidifier that needs a change of address today too as the old 1 was kaput when we got here. No big surprise as the old 1 hasn't been actin right for some time. It sounds like there's movement upstairs so I better roll, hopin your Tuesday's a good 1. :happy1: :cool:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 64 going for 80 today.. got most of the mowing done last night so that is good..  got a few things to do today so I'll just plug along with those and see how far I get with them!!  have a good day all!!! 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers.......got a little shot of rain during the nite. not much but it was something. workied in the garden last nite, kinda surprised mr how dry it was so it got a drink.

gotta roll!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
just heard from my good friends daughter and son in law that his wife passed away last night..  she was barely over 60 but had been fighting full blown Alzheimer's for about 10 years now...  she was down to about 70 pounds...  may Judy rest in peace.... 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
just heard from my good friends daughter and son in law that his wife passed away last night..  she was barely over 60 but had been fighting full blown Alzheimer's for about 10 years now...  she was down to about 70 pounds...  may Judy rest in peace....
sorry to hear mike...........that Alzheimers sucks as bad as cancer!!!!!!!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
yea it's not good at all...  thanks...

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 66 at choretime heading for a high in the low 80's. Slight chance of evening showers & I see it's becoming overcast so perhaps. In the meantime car club folks are talking about a cruise around Clear Lake IA on Sunday. Supposed to be a nice day so sounds like a plan. Would sure beat baling hay! That Alzheimer's is some nasty stuff and painful to watch. Took our former high school band director a couple days ago. Think he was ~ 71. Always enjoyed the guy altho I'm sure we made his life a living hell sometimes with some of the stunts we pulled. Imagine that.  :angel: Very sorry to hear that Mike. 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
so, today i found out that the week od Aug 17th i may be spending some time in Watertown S.D.. i did an oogle search......and seen that there is a Terry Redlin art studio/gallery there!!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1: :dancinred: :dancinred:

now i got about as much interest in art galleries as dotch has of sobering up!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: but that one i'm gonna go see!!!!!!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
 :banghead: :banghead: :taz:  :doah:

Confucius say those who no like cottage cheese can use more culture... :coffee:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:banghead: :banghead: :taz:  :doah:

Confucius say those who no like cottage cheese can use more culture... :coffee:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :nerd: :nerd: :nerd: :nerd:

ya know i love ya man!!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
My folks visited Redlin's place and liked it.

I love looking at original oils.  Originals are so much more vibrant than prints.

Another great stop - if you are ever in Jackson, WY - is the National Wildlife Art Museum.  Breathtaking and a great diversion from the tourist shops downtown.

https://www.wildlifeart.org/

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
so, today i found out that the week od Aug 17th i may be spending some time in Watertown S.D.. i did an oogle search......and seen that there is a Terry Redlin art studio/gallery there!!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1: :dancinred: :dancinred:

now i got about as much interest in art galleries as dotch has of sobering up!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: but that one i'm gonna go see!!!!!!!

been there and it's neat!!!!  bring your check book!!!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Sorry to hear about your friend's wife Mike.
Hey look your bobber is up!