Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4952450 times)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, looks like rain up to the north west part of the state this morning...  got all the grass mowed yesterday ans even a good part of the trimming done too..  the road trip to the Bongards cheese outlet store in Perham was fun and we bought 3 different kinds of curds, the one I'm eating on now is bacon/chive and it's very good!!  come on it bacon!!!  had lunch in Deer Creek at a local watering hole, good food and fair prices...  have a good day all!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 65 here heading 87 today. Yuck!. Yep, there is a storm rolling just south of us. Looks pretty cool. Plan to run to the hunting shack after work today to get a portable ladder stand and put up on one of the bear baits. We didn't have time to get it last Saturday. Otherwise just another day in paradise. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Like JB said it is gonna be a hot one today.  I will start the AC later this morning.  I wondered how the Bongards trip went Mike.  I used to hit the Deer Creek watering hole years ago.  They had good pizza there.  I think I will harvest a couple of small dead elms this morning for the pile.  Pretty windy here already. I better enjoy it whilst I can. 

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Glenn in the morning;

https://www.gocomics.com/harley/2020/08/19
:confused: :tut: hey!!🥴  :rotflmao:

Morning fellers. Road trip to the Duluth shop this morning for the last time. Introducing my replacement to the membership and management. I reckon a stop at the Sammy's pizza place is in order. It Grandma's saloon or grill???
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
part of Grandma's is closed I think because of the covid.. read that last week or so...  good luck!!!  and don't forget the coffee!!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
part of Grandma's is closed I think because of the covid.. read that last week or so...  good luck!!!  and don't forget the coffee!!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:
well ain't you just a bundle of good news this morning. :tut: :pouty: :rotflmao:

There's 2 grandma's in Duluth, 1 in canal park. And another up on Miller hill by the big shopping mall.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
the one in the park closed part of it's place is what I read... 

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
They had an employee test positive end of July and closed for cleaning.  Canal Park opened back up August 7.

Online fishwidow

• Master Outdoorsman

There's 2 grandma's in Duluth, 1 in canal park. And another up on Miller hill by the big shopping mall.
[/quote]
There’s a Sammys on the west end, too. It’s on Central. Don’t know if they’re open or closed. Pizza Luce downtown has good stuff, too.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
That's the one I go to fishwidow. :happy1: it's like a mile from the shop I represent.

Mmmm pizza good. :sleazy: now back to da job. :pouty:
« Last Edit: August 08/19/20, 12:04:36 PM by glenn57 »

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Thought you were on furlough dis week?

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey, Ya, what's up with that? 

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Company man?  Donating time?  Smooth transition?  :scratch:  No.

You just want an excuse to go up there for some Sammy's pizza!   :happy1:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Thought you were on furlough dis week?
Yea tell my boss that!! :confused: :confused: :angry2: I don't schedule stuff when I know I'm furloughed. I didn't know the schedule when I did this. Another factor, the guy taking over this shop isn't furloughed this week and he was over at the Frazier shipyard today. And he needed to meet the membership there as well as management.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Company man?  Donating time?  Smooth transition?  :scratch:  No.

You just want an excuse to go up there for some Sammy's pizza!   :happy1:
:sleazy: :evil: Yea maybe!! :smoking: wasn't my dime!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I've thought about causing a ruckus over this but I have alterier motives. :evil: :evil: :sleazy: :smoking: I wanna good deal on buying the car I'm driving for my wife. And I want my laptop and cellphone. Technically it's union hall property. :nerd: :nerd: :nerd:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, rather gray looking morning but no rain in the forcast..  63 going form 83 they say..  going into Alex this morning and re-supply..  got a few things done yesterday and maybe a few more today with any luck...  have a good day all!! 

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 66 here going for 84. Boy was it hot yesterday. I swear I picked the hottest day to go take down a heavy ladder stand and move it to a bear site. I was drench from sweating. But I got er done. That bait had been hit already too and I didn't have any more with me to refill. There wasn't a scrap left. Oh well, I think they must be right there in da area as fast as it hit it. So hopefully I can get home early enough on Sunday to fill them back up. Otherwise just another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents, we left the lake ~ 4:30 yday & pulled in to Austin by 10:30. It's 60* here presently & gonna hit 83* later. We're got a big day planned as we have sold the house & have 2 weeks to get things in order. There's a couple things we need to tend to down in Ia in the next day or 2 as well. Probably head down there tomorrow but won't be able to stay as there's too much to do here. That's all I've got for now, better roll anway, have a good 1.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
congrats on getting the house sold!!   :happy1:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Yes good news on the sale Gunner.  Did Rebs buy it so he can get out of Cawchester?  LOL  We had a shot of rain this morning but not any amount.  Yesterday it clouded up and rained pretty hard for a few minutes.  Was a surprise.  It got humid after that so I turned on the AC.  Not sure what is my top priority today.  I will think about it.  LOL   Have a good one.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers..........meeting nite so gotta head to ramsey this afternoon. reckon i'll find out our furlough schedule today to for sept!!!!! as long as i get the week before labor day!!!!!!!  :smoking: :smoking: again alterior motives!!! :rolleyes: other then that got a fewthings to accomplish before that.

congrats gunner on the house being sold.  :happy1: :happy1:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Congrats on selling the house Gunner!! :happy1:

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Morning guys.  I was a bit concerned about our new road after the 4-5 inches of rain last Wednesday - Friday.  I went there to clear trails on Saturday afternoon through Sunday.  Good news is it held up pretty darn good.  A few soft spots and a couple area washed out a bit but all in all it passed a pretty significant rain test.  We hit the trails hard on Sunday.  It's bee a long time since we walked the trails and cut all the brush and branches that hang over the trails.  Lots of tired arms and feet by Sunday evening.  We got about half done.  My friends son and I setup three bear baits and fixed the nearby stands.  Two of these are in new locations so not sure if the bears will find them.  My friend returned on Monday or Tuesday to put bait a the sites. I went yesterday to check, clear branches and place cameras at the sites.  No activity yet.  Ran into another nest of ground bees yesterday.  Yes, another as I walked into one on Sunday as well.  This time I unknowingly parked the wheeler on top of them.  I got stung a few times as I left the site but didn't know where they came from.  Well, it was a bitch when I returned and got stung trying to back the trailer into the woods to get turned around.  Now I had to unhook turn around back up and reconnect the trailer while getting stung by ground bees.  Good thing I'm not allergic but they still hurt like hell.  I can still feel some of them today.  :angry2:
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Those ground bees can be a real pain. No pun intended.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 61 here this morning heading for 83. I am tired of the heat. Heading out of work at noon. Going camping down by Longville this weekend.  Otherwise just another day in paradise. Have a good one boys.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 64 here going for 84..  the humidity is slowly going up and and no wind last night too..  yesterday was the 100th anniversary for the American Legion and so I went there last night for HH, it was fun and they had a meat raffle too..  I won the first one so I have a couple t-bones and some bacon to eat!!! not bad for two bucks!!  stay cool and have a good day all!! 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers. mike what time should i be there for those T-Bones!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

rough nite last nite! :confused: :doah: had to much coffee at the meeting last nite. :banghead: had a caffine buzz all nite. might need to do a dotch and take a nap later. :pouty: i'll fight that later today with a  :campfire: and  :toast:

yepper gonna be a hot sticky one..........sounds like the next few days and according to the weather terrorists a chance of storms later.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin guys, it's 64* here south of the border & gonna hit 85*, they're sayin. Changed our minds yday 'bout noon after we talked to Sis & decided it was a good time to get our business done down here.It'll be another short stay though as we plan on going back to Austin again today. No cable when got home :pouty: so we have a Mediacom tech comin this mornin. A couple other small projects on the list too. Glenn :tut: no T bones for you :rolleyes:......................................................some bacon, maybe!!  ;) :laugh: :laugh: Gotta go bfast is ready, hopin your Friday's a good 1
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon