Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4952368 times)

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
 Had three deer outside of the bedroom window this morning munching on crab apples. Nice doe and two fawns. Going to head to fleet this morning to get my "get ready for Winter" supplies. Then get that camper done and start looking for a place to park it. Have a great day everyone.  :happy1: :happy1:

I thought the same thing gunner. :confused:
mm

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! Overnite low of 30 at the ranch, 28 at both the Waseca & Owatonna airports & 30 in Albert's Leaf. 32 at choretime heading for a high in the upper 40's. We can officially call the growing season over with. Probably not going to dry much today and rain most likely again tomorrow. Cool on Sunday then next week sounds good again for soybean harvest. Good thing too. Starting to hear whining about the beans not drying out. That's one reason I left last year's rainfall calendar up. When I hear whining, I point out that we hadn't even thought about beans last year at this time. I also remind them a lot of beans didn't get harvested until Nov. Short memories.
« Last Edit: October 10/02/20, 09:33:40 AM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
thankfully today is friday!!!!   oh yea!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
markn, nice pictures.  It's a great time of year to out in the woods.  Bees had their way with me three times this fall.  Not looking forward to the forth. :angry2:
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
 :crazy: :pouty: sheez iffin you guys where nice to me..........i dont wanna see if ya didnt like me!!!! :pouty: :pouty: :pouty: :surrender: :rotflmao:

morning fellers.....so, is today saturday or sunday  :scratch: :scratch: :scratch: :coffee:

got back from the northland yesterday about 12;30 ish. man was i tuckered out last nite. :pouty:

just gonna catchup on things around home today. cutting the lawn is job #1.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Most day we have the local doe and her two fawns show up at least once to eat the windfall apples.   Yesterday one fawn was acting really goofy, like it had gotten into some shrooms or something.    Running in big circles around the yard as fast as it could go.    Then it would stop for a time and off it would go.   Did that for quite a while.   Meantime, the doe and the other fawn were calmly munching on honeygolds....

Never saw anything like that before.   

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Must have got a bad/good apple.   :sleazy:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey fellas, tommorow is horseradish making day. Ya'all are welcome to come and help.

A free 2 jars to all that come. Beer too!!!👍👍👍

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
  Camper is winterized. Pretty easy too. This one has a three way valve on the water heater to bypass it and one on the water pump with a suction hose attached already. Took about 15 minutes and I was done. Suppose to have some rain showers off and on today. See if I get any of the trees on the South side cut down and then we are cleaning two miles of county ditch this afternoon. Might get wet. Have a great day everyone. :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  Camper is winterized. Pretty easy too. This one has a three way valve on the water heater to bypass it and one on the water pump with a suction hose attached already. Took about 15 minutes and I was done. Suppose to have some rain showers off and on today. See if I get any of the trees on the South side cut down and then we are cleaning two miles of county ditch this afternoon. Might get wet. Have a great day everyone. :happy1: :happy1:
that's how our 5th wheel was set up to.  :happy1: didn't take long to winterize.

Morning fellers, yesterday I slept in till almost 9 am, this morning up at 5:45. :doofus:

As Mikey would say.... Oh well. :rotflmao:  the one and only major project today is to make horseradish. I also see in the forecast a couple days of fishing next week before I puyt da boat away ni-nite for the winter

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, lite rain this morning, good for you Markn!!  and Glenn get busy!!  really have fun making the horse radish..  speaking of horse's I had a charlie horse in my right calf about 3 am and oh my did that wake me up!!!  as Glenn says oh well!! going to make porcupine meatballs today and smoke them!!  have a good day all!! 

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 41 at choretime heading for a high in the low 50's. Drizzly and damp. No combining likely today so heading to Mom's house for more adventures in cleaning out crap. Probbly a few games of cribbage, some suds, grilled lamb chops, fresh garden veggies & horseradish cheese curds to follow! Stay warm everone! Sunny days are ahead!  :happy1: 
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, lite rain this morning, good for you Markn!!  and Glenn get busy!!  really have fun making the horse radish..  speaking of horse's I had a charlie horse in my right calf about 3 am and oh my did that wake me up!!!  as Glenn says oh well!! going to make porcupine meatballs today and smoke them!!  have a good day all!!

Funny Mike.  Lots of horse stuff going on.  LOL  I love porcupine meatballs.  Haven't had them for 40 years or so.

Online Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin peoples 2 mile stroll in and pooches have finally settled down. Porcupine meatballs huh, I'll hafta look them up.  Its good tge harvesting has slowed down a bit, maybe the roosters will have a chance with opener next weekend,  im pretty sure the orange army will be out in full. Gonna finish yanking everything out of tge garden today, take the fencing down and trellises and perhaps chop more leaves... See ya!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
That valve system really made it easier for me too.  I started putting our camper inside at the fairgrounds last year.  Feels good to not have to worry about it all winter.  Looks like we are going to the Falls shopping today.  SO that means a gourmet Hardees meal.  I'm thinking a Big Beef and Cheese.  Gonna warm up next week so am going to tell the wife to keep my schedule cleared so I can spend lots of time fishing.  We will see how that pans out.  Well you all have a great day.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 31 here this morning heading for mid 40s today. I was a busy boy yesterday. I rented a dump trailer from the hardware store in Warroad. I voted out the black dirt where we park the camper and trailers and put that behind the garage where we still need to finish the yard. Then I hualed gravel all afternoon. Just need to finish leveling it out today. Now the ground won't be soft when we pull the camper out in the spring. Other projects on the list for today are to go put out the ground blind for the youth hunt in a couple weeks. Going to take the grandson out for that. Otherwise just another day in paradise. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, yup sounds like a a project Jb! 27 here this morning and it might get to 50..  well not a whole lot going on today so I'll just run with the day..  I did get a few things done yesterday including firing up the smoker..  now it's left overs for a few days..   :happy1: :happy1:  i like that idea!!!  have a good day all!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Lots of frost here this morning.  Leaves still falling.  I got me a new EGO leaf blower since I have an EGO weed whip so I can use the same battery.  Love them both.  They are out of the gutter extension so waiting for it to come back in stock.  Hearing youse guys talk about how well they work last year made me want that too.  I am tired of dragging the ladder out.  Gonna watch some football today and not sure what else.  Will be a great day today.  GO VIKES!!!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin boys, we had 30* ~ sunrise, might make 50* later. That's our 1st frost here so I'm sure the next windy day it'll be raining leaves. Not sure what today holds so I'll just wing it. Did go for a boat ride yday, messed with the leaves some too. Hopin your Sunday's a good 1.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
yup I'll be getting my leaf blower/gutter cleaner out one of these days too..  sure glad to no more ladders...

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Did you get a Universal fits all brands type or the same brand as your blower?  Wondering how good the Universal fit ones work?

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
 Got ditch cleaned. My F-150 was heaped full. We even found a car hood from a Nissan and about five or six bundles of shingles. Going to take easy today, watch Nap-Car at Telledegea this afternoon and maybe haul some black dirt and fill in a spot on the back side of the house where I think water may come into the basement. Have a great day everyone.  :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
tried a universal, took it back...  I have a toro and it's all inclusive..  so it works well.. 

Online Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin peoples,  pooches are miffed we skipped the stroll earlier.  On tge second round of peppers in tge dehydrator,  dang that takes a while. The oldest is coming over for beers and wings for the game , then we'll have burglars later on. Probably do some planning for next Saturday's rowster opener.  See ya fellas!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning fellers, frosty here to. The back she'd is steaming where the sun hits it.

Finished making horseradish last nite at midnight. Nipco heater felt good in the garage. 112 baby food jars later.  Beer was good. But man then late nights don't cut it no more. :pouty:

Well mess clean up day

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
That is one heck of a lot of horseradish Glenn. 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
That is one heck of a lot of horseradish Glenn.
I know, about double what I usually make. This batch was from my mom's house. Dig it all out. I'm eliminating that patch. I got 2 other patches. I share this with a friend.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
thanks buddy!!!  :happy1: :happy1:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Got ditch cleaned. My F-150 was heaped full. We even found a car hood from a Nissan and about five or six bundles of shingles. Going to take easy today, watch Nap-Car at Telledegea this afternoon and maybe haul some black dirt and fill in a spot on the back side of the house where I think water may come into the basement. Have a great day everyone.  :happy1: :happy1:
you will never top my buddy that had a dismembered body in black garbage bags in his ditch.