Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4901141 times)

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 45 here heading for 54 today. We got .51" of rain last night. We needed it. Sounds like a good party Glenn. Feels good to know that family is thinking of ya.  Got the camper all winterized and washed up yesterday afternoon. We will move it into it's winter resting spot and cover it sometime in the next week. Sad to have to put it away. Next will be to pull the boat and track system out. Which getting the boat off of the dolly is going to be a battle with a s low as the lake is right now. Need the wind to stop blowing for that to happen too. I was wondering about you netting the minnows to Barry. Wasn't sure if you need the special license if it is just for personal use. Well, just another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Yup even for personal use must have permit if on the Rainy.  We got about  half an inch here too.  Still some leaves left but not many now. I may take a ride with Buddy to do some recycling today but other than that will probably just do some inside things. Also need to think of what to do for supper.  Well have a good day!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, got about 1.5 inches of rain..  filled the bird bath for me!!  it was a bright and loud storm too..  got a few things done yesterday and hope to do the same today..  need to mow the grass one more time too..  have a good day all!!   :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin guys, 47*, wet, windy to start & we might get near 60* later. Think  :scratch: we broke that yday by a couple. Looks to be clearing off to the west so may be able to get outside later on. Got a little prep work as we'll be pullin the plug here in the next week. :sad: The main dock section & the lift will be left for the barge service again this season. No more now, hopin your Monday's a good 1.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
morning fellers........not sure how much it rained last night  :scratch: as i took the gauge away a few weeks ago. it helped drop a bunch of leaves so when it dries up i'll be grinding them up with the lawnmower.

making soup now, then pack to head north probably tomorrow morning.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Talk about falling leaves. Yesterday morning the wind gusts were up to 25 MPH.  Every time a gust came through it looked like a snow storm in the woods. I don't know how so many leaves could still fall while the ground was already a full carpet of leaves.  Fun to watch and yes, falling leaves do make a sound in the woods when you are there.  Not sure what happens when no one is there to witness it. 
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 49 at choretime heading for a high in the low 60's. .56" of rainfall overnite at the ranch & .74" in Bugtussle. Still some color here yet but as you say deadeye, the wind raises hob with it too quickly. Columbus Day so no mail or banking other than walk up or drive thru here. Recovering from another adventure in cleaning up a building site at Mom's place. Got it cleared out around a disk & a gravity box I want to retrieve. Also got the bumper on an organ donor Studebaker dislodged from the car. An ash tree grew between the bumper & the grill so extracting the bumper from the tree trunk could prove interesting. At least having it detached will make matters easier to deal with. Car's on blocks so there's clearance. Should allow us to take the skidsteer or bidirectional w/heavy duty pallet fork extensions in under the car, pick it up and plop it on a trailer along with all the raccoon crap & wasp nests.  :cool:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
now that sounds like an adventure I'd like to see Dotch!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Columbus Day???   No wonder I didn't get any mail.  Nice walk to the box anyways. 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
now that sounds like an adventure I'd like to see Dotch!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: i'd think anything Dotch does is an adventure.......and i'll leave it at that!!!!!! :smoking: :sleazy: :evil: :evil: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Yes, removing an old car from the forest could well be an adventure. 

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman

By the time we get to it, I'm guessin' the weather will have pretty well neutralized the paper wasps but I'll save ya some raccoon crap if'n ya like... :rotflmao:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I will pass on the wasps and bees.  Had enough of them for one year. :angry2:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
yer funny Dotch!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
That is one reason for waiting to get it out of there deadeye. The wasps in those old beaters during the summer are just plain nasty. This one happens to be a '59 Lark VI I bought when I was in high school as an organ donor for the '60 I'm working at restoring. Hoping a slowdown/retirement will allow me to focus on that. The trim is in mint condition on the organ donor as is the glass. The paint colors they used back in those days are hilarious. The organ donor is about the color of Crest toothpaste. The one in the garage is about the color of those powder blue uniforms the Twinkies used to wear back in the 70's.  :confused:   

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Is this new orange color scheme in honor of Halloween, or permanent?   

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 43 here this AM heading for 52 today. Think we will be pulling our tomatoes tonight I think. Going to get to cold to nurse them along now. Talking snow on Saturday. Going to pick up the grandson tomorrow to hunt the youth season. And now last night the granddaughter finished her firearm safety. She is not sure yet if she is going to come up. That's it for now. Just another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 47 this morning going for 58 and some wind..  got about an 80 mile bike ride in yesterday and that was enjoyable..  I'm thinking that is about a thing of the past..  have fun with the grandson Jb!!  and grand daughter too if she comes up!!  got a few things to do today but nothing pressing..  have a good day all!!

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Is this new orange color scheme in honor of Halloween, or permanent?

Curious myself,like the black better,easier on my old tired eyes.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers..........all packed ready to head north.  :happy1: :happy1: :happy1: see yea in about a week!!!!!!! :mooning: :mooning: :mooning:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Ah, more peace and quiet. glenn's retirement is sure working out well for us... :rotflmao:

Mornin'g gang! 50 at choretime, breezy & heading for a high in the low 60's. Had an additional .03" of precip at the ranch after the gauge was dumped yesterday a.m. Speaking of precip, slight chance of snow showers Saturday nite thru Monday. That oughta get people fired up.   

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Dotch.
Never heard these words from a farmer at least never heard of a farmer following them.  " Hoping a slowdown/retirement will allow me to focus on that."   :rotflmao:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Nice sunny day here.  We got 1/4" of rain early this morning.  Tomorrow is the day to get the camper in storage.  Will be nice to not have to worry about that all winter.  Think I will just work in the house most of the day.  Will take a walk out to the mailbox with Buddy first. Gotta enjoy it whilst we can.  I was sure rooting on the Chargers last night.  Darn if Saints didn't pull it off.  Well have a good one boys.  The orange is a little light.  I like this font and size of things on the reply page. 
« Last Edit: October 10/13/20, 09:22:36 AM by LPS »

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Plan to spend the day prepping for drain field replacement (locating sprinkler lines etc) and putting gardens to bed for the winter.  I have a lot of cannas, dahlias, irises that need to be dug, boxed and stored inside for the winter. 

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Mike89,was that you who posted about "river bend resort"? never herd of the place so I had to look,looks kinda fancy,good food? also been years since I fished LOW last time was hard water out of "ships wheel" resort,are they still in business?nice young couple from iowa I believe,wasn't sure if they were gonna make it,but nice folks,introduced them to a vexlar,we all had a good laugh like little kids playing with a toy.good times.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Mike89,was that you who posted about "river bend resort"? never herd of the place so I had to look,looks kinda fancy,good food? also been years since I fished LOW last time was hard water out of "ships wheel" resort,are they still in business?nice young couple from iowa I believe,wasn't sure if they were gonna make it,but nice folks,introduced them to a vexlar,we all had a good laugh like little kids playing with a toy.good times.

no that wasn't me, sorry... 

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
That was JB's parents and them went to eat there.  It is not fancy but a real nice place.  River Bend also has a great fish fry with a pile of bacon and you help yourself.  Maybe that is what they did.  Yes the Ship's Wheel is still there.  Doug is the guy there.  Can't remember her name.  Nice place too.  Actually all of the resorts here are nice places.  I never hear a bad word about any of them. 

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Thanx,might need to head up that way this winter.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Let me know when you come and mayhaps we can rendezvous with JB.  I just looked at the forecast cuz a buddy warned me of what is coming.  30's for the highs and 20's for the lows.  I hate to but I may pull the boat and pontoon this weekend and get the dock ready for winter.  Seems early cuz I have fished the river during deer season before.  I will see what the water temp is.  It may change too and be warmer.  LOL

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Ah, more peace and quiet. glenn's retirement is sure working out well for us... :rotflmao:

Mornin'g gang! 50 at choretime, breezy & heading for a high in the low 60's. Had an additional .03" of precip at the ranch after the gauge was dumped yesterday a.m. Speaking of precip, slight chance of snow showers Saturday nite thru Monday. That oughta get people fired up.   
I can still see you. :confused: :tut: :rotflmao: not for long, getting ready to head out of deer river.