Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4902501 times)

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 30 at choretime heading for a high in the upper 40's. You guys keep that s*** up there! Some frozen liquid precip stuck on the windshield along with the frost this a.m. Ice on top of the sheep water tank. That's plenty to remind us of the fun and games ahead. Speaking of fun and games, heading east to do more cleanout at Mom's maƱana. Supposed to be warmer so will likely do some more chainsaw work & leave the indoor stuff for when the weather is colder. More late nite cribbage I fear... :rolleyes: Got some screenings to scoop up and a few more apples to pick today.   
« Last Edit: October 10/16/20, 09:58:39 AM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I can just see what Glenn is saying!!  supposed to get several inches up there this weekend!!!   :rotflmao:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Afternoon all, we went to GR today as we needed a couple things. We got the cedar decking off the rollout dock yday AM but not 'til after we put some kitty litter down as the steps & the cedar were frosty yet when we started. We been leavin that part for the barge guy to put on shore along with the lift. The other 20' of newer, no wheels, dock with composite decking came up the shore much quicker after lunch yday. Boats 'bout dry but still need to pull the batteries before putting it to bed. Seen my first snowflakes yday PM around 4 too, didn't amount to much but lookout tomorrow. Just peeked & our WWA is sayin 3-5". :rolleyes: Never seen over 36* in our travels today & the flag was flapping pretty good before the sun came up, still is too. That's all for now.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline GrandpaTom

• Master Outdoorsman
Well, it's afternoon now, but a pic from outside earlier this morning here in SSP.  It is all gone now thankfully. 

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Afternoon boys. Been out hunting with the grandkids. Grandson has seen a couple but no shots taken yet. Sitting with the granddaughter now. I was rather surprised to see the white groud this morning. Snowed pretty good when we were sitting this morning too. Well here to hoping something appears for her this evening. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
good luck to the grandkids Jb!!!   :happy1: :happy1:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
That is so great you are doing that with the kids JB.  They will remember that forever.  Would be fun if one can shoot a deer but no big deal if they don't.  Have fun and good luck!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, lite rain in the area.. 36 here going for 38, a regular heat wave!!!  got a couple more things done yesterday and going to get the dock and lift out of the lake today..  have a good day all!!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. Sitting out in the blind with granddaughter this morning. She must be warm because she is sleeping really good right now. Lol. The grandson is in the stand again. He is planning to sit all day. I hope he sees something again. The deer seen home first last time. Plan to get the wood boiler fired up after the morning sit. And maybe if the wind stays down pull the boat and track out. Nice and calm right now. The wind has been pretty relentless lately. Otherwise hoping for a deer in paradise. Have a good one boys.

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
  Well it's 32 and snowing at deer camp. Looked at my and number son's deer stands yesterday and found three dumb grouse (and one smart one). Good eats coming up. Good luck hunting JB, hope the kids get a look at one at least. Or a shot and some fresh backstraps!!!!!!! Have a great day everyone.  :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  25 here.  Was 19 at 3:30 this morning.  Yes JB the wind has been almost constant lately.  Glad I got the boats out.  Got the floating dock turned and today will pull the roll in dock up to higher ground.  I got wheels on the shore end last year so that is a lot easier now.  Hook it to a wheeler and pull it up.  Think I may put the plow on the Dodge today too.  Will check the trail cams today or tomorrow.  I dumped the last of a pot of chicken soup by the cam on the hill last week.  Curious to watch the foxes and skunks eat it up.  Haven't see a coyote for a few weeks.  Need to cook something today too but not sure what yet. Stay warm and have a good one!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gang, 32* & spittin a few flakes here 'bout 7. Looks like we may get close to 40 later, snow has picked up too in the last 1/2 hour. I see we're back in the 1-3" predicted range now. :scratch: It 3-5" most of the day yday, then I seen 4-7" late last night just before I went to bed. :confused: The boat is finally dry :happy1: so I'll run the shop vac over it quick, then we still need to pull the batteries. May put it in the big shed later if the weather allows us to. That's it from this neck of the woods, have a great Saturday!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Doesn't look like we are gonna get any precip here now.  That program went south on us.  LOL

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Doesn't look like we are gonna get any precip here now.  That program went south on us.  LOL
:tut: Thanks a lot!! ;) :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh: The ground is white here & it's snowin pretty good
 right now, another 2" possible.  :scratch: They're sayin it'll switch to rain early this afternoon, 'sposed to be done by ~ 4. Other than a few dryer sheets the boat is ready to go night night.
« Last Edit: October 10/17/20, 10:31:11 AM by Gunner55 »

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
yup Glenn will right over!!! 

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :tut: :mooning: He's probably :fishing:    :crazy:                                           ;) :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao:  beside the furnace!!! 

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Got our deck boards for the dock stacked up & covered with a tarp in the front yard, lookin like we might :scratch: have close to our 3" on them already. :doah: Can't see 1/2 way across the bay at the moment :shocked:, big flakes too! :rolleyes:

Offline cookie

• Master Outdoorsman
maybe 1/2 here. do not need anymore at this time.  guess i need to all ready do the no snow, snow dance
Cookie's on Upper Red Lake
e-mail: cookie16@paulbunyan.net

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 23  this morning going for 35 they say..  finally turned the thermostat up to 68, it is getting to cold for 64..   :happy1:   got the dock and lift out of the lake yesterday and got a few other small things done too.. got a few things on the agenda for today...  have a good day all !! 

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents, 24* here & I don't think we'll hit 35*. Boat still needs to go out to the big shed if there's not too much snow. A few clothes could see the wash too, otherwise it's just football for me. Have a good day!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. Chilly and cloudy here this morning. Granddaughter got her first deer last night. Nice fat doe. The grandson is out for the last hurrah. Have to bring them home this afternoon. My project is to process the deer. We got the boat and track out yesterday. Feels good to have that done. The dock we will pull out later. That don't take much time. The wife fired up the wood boiler while we were out hunting yesterday evening. So it is officially heating season for us. Well, just another day in paradise. Have a good one boys.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
congrats to your grand daughter Jb!!!  good pic too!!   :happy1: :happy1:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Great the GD got a deer JB.  Hope the GS gets one today.  28 here and not much wind yet.  Went for a walk earlier and were a few flakes in the air.  Got the dock pulled yesterday and the plow on the plow truck.  Nice to have that done.  Gonna cook some spare ribs and sauerkraut today. Mike did that a few weeks ago and sounded good to me.  Will do it in the oven. Well you all stay warm and root those Vikes on. 

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
The boat just went to the pole shed & the plow just went on the Grizzly as well. The blower & the Grizzly are now in the garage so glenn missed his chance. ;) :laugh: 'Bout ready for some football now.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 27 here heading for 34 today. The grandson never did get his deer. But, he will still have time come firearms season. He is going to hunt with his uncle and other grandpa the first weekend and then he will come back up here for the 3rd weekend. At least we were able to send a cooler full of meat home with them. Got that all done yesterday morning. We left to go meet their mom in Akeley a little after noon. Yesterday. I got home just before 6:30 last night. So, back in the slat mines today. Have a good one boys.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, crisp one this morning..  darn computer didn't want to start up either this morning!!!  got it going now..  got a lot done yesterday,  got some more to do today..  to soon for this cold weather!!  have to shut down the garage fridge real soon..  have a good day all!!   :happy1:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin guys, 28* here & we may hit the mid 30's.  Don't think  :scratch: we got there yday. We had plans of packing up today & going home early tomorrow but the fcast has changed our mind. So we'll wait & see what Wednesday looks like. A couple little things for early this mornin otherwise just going to roll with it. Hopin your Monday is a good 1!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
morning fellers.........i'm baaaack............. :sleazy: :smoking: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

safe travels gunner.............sat when it snowed up north didnt take long to find someone went in the ditch.  right on the corner of 4 and 29.

well got lotz of leaves to deal with today before the snow flies tomorrow!!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Well the game was ugly!!!  Out coached again.  Too much on Zimmers plate.  Cousins sucks us dry of cash.  Well to brighten up my day I am taking a trip to the landfill.  That is fun.  Have a good day all of youse.