Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4903398 times)

Online Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin forum fellas,  just 4 of us here today. Went to brine the turkey last night and here momma picked up a nine pound breast only.  Sooo don't think I'll put it on the smoker,  still brined it but think we'll put it in the oven , oh well. Anywho gobble gobble!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
morning fellers.........and happy thanksgiving to all!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

the wife seems to be doing good. she was pretty busy yesterday and said she isnt real sore. i'm actually impressed and surprised how well she was moving around!!!!! :happy1: :happy1:

our thanksgiving feast went from a total of 11 down to 7 for various reasons, oh well it is what it is. other then dealing with food all day, nuttin else going on. those turkey day NFL games scheduledfor today are ho hum. :doah: the moved the Ravens/Steelers games to sunday. only one worth while watching.

got the thanksgiving day paper and packed with a bunch of garbage ads too. there are a few i'll look at but.......
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin forum fellas,  just 4 of us here today. Went to brine the turkey last night and here momma picked up a nine pound breast only.  Sooo don't think I'll put it on the smoker,  still brined it but think we'll put it in the oven , oh well. Anywho gobble gobble!!
oh my........hope you cut her off for such a dispictitable act!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1: :evil: :sleazy:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
ya can still smoke it Bobber!!!  they still come out good!!!  lay some bacon on it too!! 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
ya can still smoke it Bobber!!!  they still come out good!!!  lay some bacon on it too!!
we got a turkey boob from my wifes kid. thinking of smoking it with a few whole chickens.

pretty sure they got this from the food shelf but i dont get why they dont cook it themselves. either dont know how or to friggin lazy. :pouty: earlier this year i grilled a turkey they gave us. i'm leaning to the lazy part.

Offline JohnWester

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Kabetogama, MN
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
If a gun kills people then I can blame a pen for my misspells?

IBOT# 286 big_fish_guy

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 33 at choretime heading for a high in the low 40's. No sun yet but they promised! Ya boober, I 2nd the motion: Cut 'er off! Dad gum wimmens anywho! Lock & load here. Wife got the pie done a la Martha Stewart last nite & I got the turkey on the grill ~ 1/2 hr. ago. And I'm only on my 1st G&T!  :doah: Oh ya, I had some tincture prior to that I guess.  :scratch: Tossed some apples, corn, gourds, zucchini &  fall decorative squash over the hilside pasture fence so we'll have live entertainment watching the sheep. Oopsie! Time for another round of basting! Hackberry is starting to catch its stride...mmmmm... :happy1:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao: i'm looking to do an alcohol fee thanksgiving.............. for now anyway......the day is still young!!!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: i'm looking to do an alcohol fee thanksgiving.............. for now anyway......the day is still young!!!!

So what kind of "fee" are you charging?  :rotflmao:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plD1MbOGLfQ
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
so he's into drinking then!! 

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Happy Thanksgiving! I paid my alcohol fee when I purchased it.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I have veggies sautéing for the sausage dressing.  Gonna take an hour or so for that and then will do the turkey in a couple of hours. Have a bottle of brandy on the Texans and the Warshington club with my brothers.  That makes the game more fun.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :confused: :pouty: :banghead: :banghead: :taz: :pouty: :rotflmao:

you clowns sure are easily amused!!!!! :doah: :moon: :rotflmao:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
And darn proud of it.  LOL 

Online Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Football game was boring , time for Planes Trains and Automobiles.. classic!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Gawd I'm full!! :pouty: and no alcohol was harmed today. :happy1: ;)

Online Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
i had my sist inlaw and her fam over and my oldest cam home, had ribs and brisket and squash and 3 kinds of pies and in overly full
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 21 here heading for mid 30s I think. About the same as yesterday. No turkey was harmed here yesterday. They got snow down in Grand forks so the kid had to plow snow. Plan is to come up today now. So turkey din din will be tonight. Mixed up a couple batches of sausage yesterday. Need to stuff and start smoking today. The kid has more trimmings to bring, so more will get mixed later today. Well, just another day in paradise. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gang, 28* at the moment & 'sposed to get near 40* again today. May see the sun today but they said that yday too. We're headed to Mason City early today as I have an appt with Shopko Optical @ 10:30. Got a couple more stops as well, hopin your Friday's a good 1.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, yup I was very full yesterday too!!  but it sure was darn good food!!!  and a good time too!!  supposed to see the sun today, that would be nice!!  nothing planned for today, nothing big anyway...  sure hope everyone had a good day yesterday!!!   have a good day all!! 

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Had a good day yesterday.  The turkey was great and so was the dressing.  I have the dressing recipe dialed in now.  Also I won 4 bottles of brandy yesterday.  LOL  Both brothers lost both games.  That makes it all more fun.   :happy1:  Not much going on today.  The neighbors came over before dark and chopped some holes in the river and didn't have a bite.  We usually do good at first ice here.  Wasn't that good of a fall bite so that must be whats up.  Oh well.  Watching two squirrels fighting over control of the feeder.  Have a great day all of you!

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
 Well it's 19 degrees here at camp. Quick stop at the gun club down the road to burn the oil out of the 50s and make sure they're good to go. Both of my boys and one grandson should be up this afternoon too. Have a great day everyone.  :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
sure is nice to blue sky this morning along with the sun!! 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers.........well back to normal here!!!!!!! :happy1: gotta admit the wife is doing really good. they sent her home with a walker, and she only uses it about half the time. by the end of the day though she's a bit sore but not ungodly bad! :happy1:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 24 at choretime heading for a high in the upper 30's. Got the sun they promised yesterday!  :happy1: Stuffed myself yesterday, twice! So did Ruby. Also squeezed in a 2 hr. nap. Pissed Mrs. Cheviot off. Claimed Ruby & I  had a snoring contest, keeping her awake. Coulda fooled me. Sheep were no shows on the delicacies tossed over the fence until almost dark. One old ewe snuck out there & gobbled down as many apples as she could without alerting the others. The birds & 4 squirrels made up for it. Active all day.  :cool:

Almost forgot: Jimmy Hendrix was born on this day in 1942.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGoDaYjdfSg   
« Last Edit: November 11/27/20, 10:14:32 AM by Dotch »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
oh boy!!!!!!! with the high for tomorrow near 50, i see a  :campfire: and  :toast: in the forecast!!!! :happy1: :dancinred: one last hurrah!!!!!!! :happy1:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 30 this morning here and going for the low 40's as glenn says!!  sounds like a very good day coming up for sure!!  sure was nice seeing the sun and blue sky's yesterday too!!   have a good day all!! 

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 24 at choretime heading for a high in the upper 30's. Got the sun they promised yesterday!  :happy1: Stuffed myself yesterday, twice! So did Ruby. Also squeezed in a 2 hr. nap. Pissed Mrs. Cheviot off. Claimed Ruby & I  had a snoring contest, keeping her awake. Coulda fooled me. Sheep were no shows on the delicacies tossed over the fence until almost dark. One old ewe snuck out there & gobbled down as many apples as she could without alerting the others. The birds & 4 squirrels made up for it. Active all day.  :cool:

Almost forgot: Jimmy Hendrix was born on this day in 1942.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGoDaYjdfSg   

I still remember when he died.    We lost a whole string of musicians there in a short time.  Too bad their judgement wasn't as good as their music.   

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 24 here heading for the upper 30s today. The sun is shining this morning. Had our turkey day yesterday. Definitely ate to much. Plan to stuff some sausage and do some smoking today. Got all the rest mixed yesterday. Otherwise just another day in paradise. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!