Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4960321 times)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
have HD make ya a drink maybe??   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:  that'll keep ya wondering!! 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
have HD make ya a drink maybe??   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:  that'll keep ya wondering!!
:banghead: :banghead: training-087 training-087 :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Yup it is a whole new world now Glenn.  You have to pace yourself.  I am still learning and it's been 2 years.  We have Dentist appts too on Wed morning.  I told the wife I have to clear my schedule to make it happen.  LOL  Ya that was an ugly game yesterday.  Thank goodness we won.  I don't even know who the special teams coach is.  Maybe we need a new one of them?  I don't think we have ever been this bad on special teams.  We sure missed Kendricks but maybe it was a good eye opener for the team.  I have to head all of the way to town to pay some bills today and do my recycling.  Will be a great day.  I smoked my rings yesterday but they didn't get up to the 150-155 mark that I strive for.  I froze them and we cook them thoroughly anyways when we eat them so will be just fine.  I will vac pack them today too.   
« Last Edit: December 12/07/20, 09:37:08 AM by LPS »

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 29 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-30's. Had a nice start to the day going yesterday then before lunch it clouded over topping out around 36. Got the cattle panels & squirrel cage fan unloaded, changed the oil on the mowers for next season then ran the Studebaker to town to fill the tank. Also made a trip to see how wide the opening was at the kindly neighbors so I'd know what utensil to put on the skidsteer. 53" wide, bucket is 53" & the forks are ~46". Forks it is. Hopefully can haul that over there and get it done this afternoon. The guy's in his late 70's & had bypass surgery a couple years ago. He shouldn't be out there pitching chit, especially hard packed sheep manure.  :huh:
« Last Edit: December 12/07/20, 09:52:35 AM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers..........nuttin pressing on the schedule at the moment............kinda liking this refried stuff!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

only issue i see with a trip north a week from today, i get more antsy and wanna load up the truck. bt then what do i do the rest of the week. :pouty: :pouty:
:doofus: There fixed it for ya. :sleazy:                                 ;) :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers..........nuttin pressing on the schedule at the moment............kinda liking this refried stuff!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

only issue i see with a trip north a week from today, i get more antsy and wanna load up the truck. bt then what do i do the rest of the week. :pouty: :pouty:
:doofus: There fixed it for ya. :sleazy:                                 ;) :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh:
:tut: :tut: :pouty:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 25 here heading for upper 30s today. Stopped after work and had a 100# and 20# propane tanks filled on the way home. I will get the rest of my 20#s filled later this week. Found out that Cenex in Warroad gives the customer a discount for wearing a mask. Thought that was  :cool:  :happy1:. Finished up the deer skull last night. Now I just need to whiten it. Otherwise just another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 26 here maybe hit 40 today..  radio says a mist is in the air too..  not much going on today..  yea Jb interesting on how we are supposed to do things and yet people have to rewarded to do it..  have a good day all!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents, we have 30* & are headed for ~ 45*. We've got more of the light mist/fog again today. Got the dentist out of the way by 10 yday so that just leaves my physical early tomorrow. Have a few things in mind for today, have to see :scratch: how far I get with 'em. Not much else now, have a good day!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning fellers. Somewhat foggy here. Went out to get the paper but didn't notice any must, had that yesterday. Days still early though. I've been saving war with moles lately. :confused: when it was near 50 I ran a hose an water for 45 minutes and that didn't get rid of them. :angry2: they have a whole and tunnel under my sidewalk.

Yesterday went downtown, they have these smoke bombs that's supposed to kill them. Man do they smoke. Soi we shall see.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Gonna be a nice day.  Get to go to town again today.  Still haven't done the recycling.  I keep forgetting it.  Hey fun project with the moles Glenn.  Keep us posted.  Have the neighbor kid take pics and post them here for us.  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:  Prolly go fishing again tonight.   

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
I did get the hole in the spear house opened up a bit more yesterday and the stove cleaned out. The stove took over two hours to get clean enough to try lighting it. It has been sitting for awhile. Need to frame up the floor today and should be ready to go. Time for more coffee.  :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
markn, Hope you can get out spearing soon.  Being retired you can branch out into lots of activities.  Enjoy.
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 29 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-40's. Fog is burning off & it looks decent outside. Definitely too damn nice to be sitting in the office for a webinar!  :angry: Did manage to get the kindly neighbor's barn cleaning project finished yesterday. Was only able to get about half of it with the skidsteer so shoveled the remainder into the snow bucket on his tractor. Lost track of how many bucketfuls we ended up with. Some of it went on his pumpkin patch so will be interesting to see how that turns out. The lamb born last week is a little terrorist! He has a pen ab out 16' long to rip and tear in. Should try to get a video of him.
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 28 this morning going form 41..  I'm ok with that..  going into Alex this morning to get a few things.. mostly grocery store run..  almost 3 weeks into our shut down, dang are we having fun!!!  have a good day all!!! 

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 30 here to start the day heading for id upper 30s again today. According to our weather station we made 40 yesterday. I do like this that it has been easy on the wood pile. Looking like after today the temps start working their way down. It will start to feel like December soon. Just another day in the slat mines. Have a good one boys.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin guys, we have 30* presently & goin to hit 50* this afternoon. Movin a bit earlier today as I need to be out to the clinic by 8:15. Got a couple things planned for outside later too as it sounds like this nice weather is gonna end by Friday. That's all I've got now, hopin your Wednesday's a good 1.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  I enjoy this nice weather but I have a couple of inches of ice around my fish house now.  Hoping for cold weather to freeze it back up.  Got two more nice ones last night.  A 17 and an 18.  Supper tonight.  We have Dentist appts this morning.  Will cruise through the grocery store in Warroad afterwards.  Kind of have my eye out for a nice big ham.  That is what the wife wants for Christmas dinner and it is one of my favorites too.  Probably do the drive through thing at DQ also.  So no onion sandwiches for breakfast today.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:  Later boys.

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 31 at choretime heading for a high around 50. We'll take it! Got done early enough with the webinar yesterday so could enjoy being outside a while. Aired up 3 old tires off the '59 Stude & 2 out of 3 held air overnite. Found the phantom oil leak on the 656 after I hooked up to the chit spreader. Was dripping from a low pressure hydraulic connection way up under the hood directly above the oil filter. Had no idea it was there. Thought it was engine oil at first. When the hydraulic oil was changed it was replaced with a generic oil, not HyTran which has a distinctive odor to it. Did chores, made supper, then watched the Gopher men's BB & hockey  team both win. What doncha like about that?  :happy1:   

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning fellers. Think I need to make funeral arrangements for my laptop. :angry2:

Got an email from our fruit supplier. So momma's on here way to get grapes, oranges, grapefruit and pineapple. Pineapple is 2 bucks each, grapes are 20 lbs for 25 bucks. Don't remember the rest.

Looks like I'm winning with the moles, no sign of activity. :happy1:

Offline cookie

• Master Outdoorsman
rise and shine guys and gals
Cookie's on Upper Red Lake
e-mail: cookie16@paulbunyan.net

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 32 and snowing here this morning. Roads are in a bit of tuff shape this morning. Temp is supposed to hang steady and slowly drop later today. Last night i took the T&G carsiding I bought for the ceiling for the fish house I built last year and planed it down to half the thickness. Want to cut the weight down before I put it on the ceiling this weekend. Every little bit of weight helps. I get to go grocery shopping after work today unsupervised. Oh joy.  Otherwise just another day in the salt mines. have a good one boys.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 32 here too but no snow..  going for 39 today..  looks like the cool down trend is here too..  not much going on today, mostly little things in the house..  have a good day all!!

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
beauty morning,quite the light show last night,between the meteor shower and northern lights..bet it was really cool to watch out on url last night.

When: The Geminids meteor shower will be visible from Dec. 4 to Dec. 17 in the northern hemisphere and southern hemisphere. How good will it be? NASA meteor expert Bill Cooke told Space.com that the Geminids “will be the best meteor shower of 2020, no question about it.”
Peak: Its peak period will be overnight on Sunday, Dec. 13, into the early morning hours on Monday, Dec. 14, when the moon will be giving off very little light. On Dec. 13, the moon will be in its waxing crescent phase, with only 2% illumination, and on Dec. 14 it will be in its new moon phase, with no illumination — ideal for seeing shooting stars.

How active: This meteor shower usually generates as many as 50 to 100 shooting stars per hour, sometimes as many as 120 per hour, with the highest numbers in the darkest locations. EarthSky and other astronomy websites say this year should be on the higher side, because of the dark moon phase.
Fun facts: While most meteor showers originate from comets, the Geminids are actually small fragments of an asteroid. Another meteor shower that’s linked to an asteroid is the Quadrantids, peaking in early January.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Unfortunately it was cloudy up here in our neck of the woods.

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
well my teast cam back nego!! had a fevor of 101.8 on friday tested on mon. and came back nego. had some bug. seee one can get sick with other stuff than corona.
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
almost hard to think that!!  glad to hear your results!!  :happy1:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Hey that is good to hear Jeff.  Stuff seems to go around this time of year.  The Dentist appt went well yesterday.  Did some shopping too.  Waiting for hams to go on sale.  Must be early yet.  No sales found.  Got 2 more nice ones last night.  Kind of a dark day today.  Need the lights on yet.  Calm too.  Have some shipping to do today so need to run to town again.  Not much else going on and that's ok.  You all have a great day. 

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin all, it's now 35* & we're on our way to 52*, I hear. My annual check up went well, got in on time, no bad news, he even talked me into getting the flu & pneumonia shots. Going to get the 1 for shingles in the next week too. Was up early again & have already done a load of wash, had a little bfast, & discovered as well as fixed a problem with a basement drain. Not much else scheduled so havta see what comes my way, have a good day.
« Last Edit: December 12/10/20, 09:01:17 AM by Gunner55 »

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
well my teast cam back nego!! had a fevor of 101.8 on friday tested on mon. and came back nego. had some bug. seee one can get sick with other stuff than corona.
Glad to hear on the nego Boar. But when my buddy Dave and his son had the ronies just before deer camp. Dave tested nego and his son tested poso. They both had the same thing to. Dave did lose his sense of taste and smell and barely made a hundo on the fever.