Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4957783 times)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
A friend of mine showed up at work with shingles a few years ago.  He was a hurting unit.  Didn't know what the heck it was.  Went to the Dr. cuz it hurt so much and sure enough it was shingles.  I got my shots as soon as they let me.  I told them Terry Bradshaw sent me.  He actually did remind me to get one in his commercial. 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Got that shot 3-4 years ago. Heard horror stories about it. Wanted nuttin to do with it.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
yea i got go get one at the pharmacy! also had the clinic send me poop in the bucket. good for 3 yrs long as they dont detect blòod.
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Hey, the mask up orders could be worse.

***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Well I didn't make it to Osakis yesterday, we pulled all of our hide boxes instead. Going try to get there today plus get our MDHA banquet letters mailed out today.... if I can get near the post office to buy stamps. Busy place. Should keep me busy for awhile. Later.. :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 18 when I woke up and 21 when I left for work. Supposed to be 25 today. The wood stove should be idling today after the beginning of the week. A friend of mine here at work about 6-7 years ago got the shingles on the bottom of his feet. He said it hurt like hell and kinda walked on the sides of his feet. Never missed a day of work. I don't think he was even 40 yet or right at 40 when he got it. Snowing some again this morning. Have a fresh 2-3 inches after yesterday. Light fluffy stuff. Well, just another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, Mark Osakis post office is usually not too busy..  going to Alex this morning to get a few things..  not a whole lot going on other wise today..  be interesting what the Gov. will say today..  I'm sure we all know what it will be..  have a good day all!! 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Shingles...

Yup had em in my 40's as well,lower waist area,thought I had poison oak as the blister spread like wild fire,used duct tape to keep the blister from my nuggies,taped to one side before I went to the ER,very painful,doc said because I had chicken pox as a kid they (shingles) show up later in life,stress triggers em,for years afterwards shingles affected my joints after excercise,mostly my knees after running or roller blading,now I'm just shot from old age but still gimp around and can pull the trigger just fine.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
A couple of winters ago I had like a cluster of blistery or pimple bumps on my waist line. Hurt to wear a belt, but not crazy hurt. They were tender/sore for about 3 days then got itchy. I asked the wife if she thought it was shingles, but she didn't think so. I still wonder myself. Can a person get a mild case of them?

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
just read the 14 year old boy who was killed by the family german Sheppard, the family raised Sheppard's to sell..  and they they bought that male in Poland not so long ago... 

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin all it's 14* now & we may hit 30* later. No reaction like that here, Del, only thing for me was that my arm hurt pretty good but I was told to expect that & to just swing it around some to help stretch the muscles out a bit would help. It did & most of the soreness was gone by the next morning already. :happy1: :cool: Kind of spendy(~$180) but luckily my insurance paid almost 3/4 of it. Looks like I've got most of a load of laundry to start with today, after that we'll see what pops up. Have a good day!!
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning fellers. Sitting in my spear house with my 4 foot pitch fork. :crazy: :pouty: :smoking: :rotflmao: already seen a little feller.

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 18 at choretime, fell back to 16 & is headed to a high in the upper 20's. Sun is trying to peek out so looking like a pretty nice day. Plopped the first two round bales of the season in the ewe lot last nite. Not nearly the amount of spoilage on the outside of the bales as last year so that was a plus. Also guessing that the ewes will still go out and forage around the pasture as long as it's clear. They're not exactly starving. Hopefully the bales will last 3 weeks, otherwise I've got plenty of small squares or I could buy a few round bales from the neighbors if I had to.   
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Been a busy morning here.  That is great!  Have to head to town to do some shipping now.  Will check in later.

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
just read the 14 year old boy who was killed by the family german Sheppard, the family raised Sheppard's to sell..  and they they bought that male in Poland not so long ago...

Very sad. Been around a lot of dogs when calling on farmers the past 40 years and German Shepherds are on my list of breeds to watch. Have been around some Shepherds that are fine and been bitten by one. Luckily it was wintertime and I had my insulated coveralls on along with insulated long underwear. It grabbed my hip and while it didn't break the skin, it still left one helluva bruise. Was a nasty animal and the guy usually kept it chained up. He was there and did nothing to stop it. His reaction was "Gee, it's never done that before." Ya, I bet. Had it been mine it would've been the last time in short order that's for damn sure. The neighbors have a Shepherd and they're proud of the fact it's intimidating. I get that but it won't surprise me when/if it bites someone. It could become an expensive liability in a hurry.   
« Last Edit: December 12/16/20, 03:10:45 PM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I hear ya Dotch and I agree with you....  I did have a pure white one in the 70's after I got out of the service and she was the sweetest and most loving sheppard I have ever seen..  had labs and goldens since... 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
There are 3 dog breeds I will never own, pit bull, shepherd 0r doberman

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Rottweilers too..

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
holy moly!!   LPS I got your package today already!!!  WOW!!  very nice and thank you!!!!   

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 24 here and only getting to 29 they say.. got a few in the house chores today, that will keep me busy for the morning, then I'll see..  have a good day all!!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 23 here this morning heading for 28 today. When I was a young las my Grandma had a shepherd named Sir. When she moved into an apartment my dad and stepmom took him in. I always loved that dog. They had him and 2 St benards at the time all house dogs and they all got along. I have always thought that I would like to have a shepherd again some day because of Sir. Well, just another day in the salt mines boys. Have a good one boys.

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
cold,damp,cloudy in hugo mn,its december in minnesota could be alot worse, hopefukky mid 30's later today,news this morning showed the east coast getting pounded with heavy snow,bet this will shut down the blm B.S

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin boys, 18* & headed for 28*, I guess. :scratch: A few little chores on my list for this morning. 'Bout time for a little bfast, hopin your Thursday's a good 1.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  I have some sausage simmering in the pan for breakfast.  Done with coffee now.  Dark day here too.  Could be worse as its not that cold out.  My battery went dead in my thermometer so that is on the list of things to fix today.  Got 6 fish last night.  Kept 3 for supper tonight.  1 was too big 22" and 2 were too small.  Great time.  I usually listen to Barrerio on KFAN whilst fishing.  Buddy watches me fish.  Couldn't be better.  Plan on going out tonight again.  I left the heat on.   :sleazy:  Not a busy day today but got a few things to do including starting a fire in the garage.  You all have a good one.  Good luck with the knee DK!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning fellers. Waiting for da fishy's. :sleazy: :happy1:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 20 at chore time heading for a high in the low 30's. Kinda gray and dampish, feels colder than the temp would indicate. Had a water tank where the float valve got stuck last nite. Sheep drank a lot of water after eating a lot of hay the nite before so they'd pulled it down a long way. Filled it back at up at choretime last nite & when I looked at it ~ 10 p.m. it was damn near empty again! Could see it had leaked some but not the entire 60 gallons worth. Must've been a leaf petiole or something stuck in the valve so I cleaned the valve & entire tank out then refilled it. Was fine this a.m. again but makes me chilly just thinking about it. Need to fire up with a cup of coffee. 

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 25 here and a chance for lite snow too,,  might make it to 35..  got a few things to do today, and those are the kind that I can just plug along with.. going to do some wild rice hamburgers on the grill later today, looking forward to that!!  have a good day all!!   :happy1:

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
damp and chilly this morning,looks like snow flurries moving in but I'll take the  temp's,could be sub zero this time of year.

Good day to all.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 24 here this morning and heading for around 30 again today. Sounds like we may have a chance at snow sometime today too. I drove the truck back to town after work last night and topped off the fuel and took it over to the car wash and gave it a bath. Looks nice and shiny again. Figured it needed it and the roads were dry. So getter done I did. Thinking I will drag the small fish house out tomorrow and give it a whirl. Neighbor said they were out in 15 fow last Sunday. Wife will be coming home tomorrow. So, I will have to see what kind of trouble I can get into tonight.  :evil: Just another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Good luck out on the ice jb, mornin amigos last day of vacation fir me, felt great sleeping in.  Not much on tap today gotta go price out some hardwood flooring for on room of the cave then the rest will get carpet.  Coffee is all wrapped up now thinking a big fat breakfast skillet of sorts.  See ya!!