Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4957935 times)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 23 here and hoping to get into the low 40's..  quiet and gray looking morning...  going to Alex this morning, got some things to to drop off at some place safe...  and then get a few things for me...have a good day all!!   :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Agreed G.T. cold and damp this morning,crazy precip yesterday evening,not snow or sleet but large white balls like cotton balls coming down exploding on impact,today later more lite snow on the way...this weather is messing up the early crappie bite in my area,neighbors in south dakota claim the walleye bite is hot,most fish caught are spawned out already up shallow.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
We treated ourselves to texas roadhouse prime rib for 31 years of wedded bliss tonight.

so when did the katchup get into the meal!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 25 here and heading for low 40s just like Mike. That prime rib looked yummy. And like Mike asked when did the ketchup hit the plate? LOL. Just another day in the slat mines. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
MORNING FELLERS........ sorry fellers.......no katchup was harmed in that meal!!!!!!! :tut: :tut: :rotflmao: not even on the fries. i've been using less and less katchup at resturants.......most of it never tastes like heinz!!!!!!!

yeppers WE have put up with each other or 31 years  :pouty: :rotflmao: 32 if you count courtship!! :sleazy: :smoking: :happy1: mostly pretty darn good years, a few tough ones but we made it!!!!!!!!

not sure what i cook up today.....looks like later it might be good enough to spend time outdoors!!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Well need to get some stuff ready today for our banquet Saturday. Knocked down three more trees last night, two to go tonight and then clean up and get ready to do the dirt work so we can do the concrete and then the garage. My new 251 Stihl is getting a work out. Awesome saw. More coffee, later.... :happy1: :happy1:

PS Happy (belated) Anniversary glenn.
mm

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents, 28* here & lookin for 41*. Well the 2nd poke went smoother than the 1st. A 9:00 appt & done by 9:04. A little shopping there & back out here by 10:30. Shoulder is a bit sore but nothin to complain about. Gonna head back south tomorrow so we'll be prepping most of the day. A couple outdoor activities lined up for later too. Hopin your Wednesday's a good 1.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents, 28* here & lookin for 41*. Well the 2nd poke went smoother than the 1st. A 9:00 appt & done by 9:04. A little shopping there & back out here by 10:30. Shoulder is a bit sore but nothin to complain about. Gonna head back south tomorrow so we'll be prepping most of the day. A couple outdoor activities lined up for later too. Hopin your Wednesday's a good 1.
HEY MERC......... guess it'll be safe to go back up again!!!!!! :sleazy: :smoking: :mooning: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 24 for a low, 27 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-40's. Looks like the apple blossoms should be OK. Slowly warming up. Be more planters rolling today. Saw 3 deer this morning in the corridor to the CRP while checking my cutworm trap. They looked at me, tossed their heads, flipped their tails up and sauntered off. Probably waiting for me to get out of there so they could come back & finish eating my hazelnut bushes.  :doah:   
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 25 here and heading for low 40s just like Mike. That prime rib looked yummy. And like Mike asked when did the ketchup hit the plate? LOL. Just another day in the slat mines. Have a good one boys.

Tell me it ain't so....ketchup on prime rib? lol. younger days used ketchup almost daily,burgers,hotdogs,baked beans,scambled eggs,hash browns,steak,had to be heinz,today not so much,actually never excpet for a batch of veg/beef stew every fall.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. The sun is shining so should warm up nicely today.  Have some bills to pay in town so good trip for the dogs.  May even do some putzing outside today.  We shall see. 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
while shoveling and hauling that granite sunday i asked my son if his friend could get me a price on 1/2 inch treated plywood. i really need to replace my bed on my snowmobile trailer, bad.

yesterday he hauled 2 more loads of granite. at 4;30 ish i had 3 sheets  of 1/2 inch treated plywood in my garage. :happy1: :happy1: no charge to me.  :happybounce: :party1: kid says thanks for hauling and all the work getting the rock!!!!!!! they never did fessup what it costs!!!! lets just say my sons friend gets a good discount!!!!!

he did say in about 2 months, your not going to be able to find that stuff though!!! :confused:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Was hearing upwards of $70 a sheet in places. Surprised the protestors didn't just take that and leave the stores alone!  :scratch:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I've been reading about the lumber rip off going on.  This may not be the total truth but seems loggers aren't getting anymore for trees.  Truckers aren't getting anymore for hauling.  Lumberyards aren't jacking prices and making a huge profit.  Seems like it is the mills that are hijacking everyone.  One article said they have huge piles outside the mills. 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
When this rona crap first came about,it was my understanding alot of places shut down and the product flow was severely interrupted. When they slowly ramped back up places couldn't get the right stuff at the right time! :scratch:

Then when everyone was at home everyone was into do it yourself projects, compounding shortages, say canning lids. Then maybe some good old man made shortages snd add a little bit of good old American price gouging  :happy1: :scratch:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
HEY MERC......... guess it'll be safe to go back up again!!!!!! :sleazy: :smoking: :mooning: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
  :scratch: Why, you get a call from Inger?  ;) :rotflmao: :rotflmao:                   :sleazy: :nerd: :nerd: :evil:  Shouldn't be for more than 2-2.5 weeks, so still be back up before The Opener.  :tut: :mooning: :pouty:
« Last Edit: April 04/21/21, 12:44:18 PM by Gunner55 »

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
heard there are train loads of lumber in Canada and they are not moving cause of covid...

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Was hearing upwards of $70 a sheet in places. Surprised the protestors didn't just take that and leave the stores alone!  :scratch:
$72 a sheet @ The Save Big Money Store before the 11%, or $64 after. :crazy: https://www.menards.com/main/c-13331.htm
« Last Edit: April 04/21/21, 01:08:57 PM by Gunner55 »

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
All I know is I am glad I built that little fish house before covid lumber prices hit.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  :scratch: Why, you get a call from Inger?  ;) :rotflmao: :rotflmao:                   :sleazy: :nerd: :nerd: :evil:  Shouldn't be for more than 2-2.5 weeks, so still be back up before The Opener.  :tut: :mooning: :pouty:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: yea they keep ASKING for this gunner?????????????? :doah: :evil: :happy1: :happy1:

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
As long as fools keep paying these stupid prices for building materials they will keep jacking them up.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I have been reading also that they do expect there to be a big nose dive in prices as the glut of lumber at mills gets too big for them to store it all. 

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: I believe that until the rest of 'em get CV-19 somewhat under control it's not going to change much.  :tut: We're way ahead of the rest & they're now sayin we will most likely need another booster this fall/winter. :pouty: The builders will still be working & they'll pay whatever the market says it's worth. Very little supply & high demand..................... simple economics. What will they pay? :crazy:
« Last Edit: April 04/21/21, 08:15:19 PM by Gunner55 »

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
brisk ,morning but we have sunshine,off to a rough start dang alarm system at my shop,little touchy these days,sure woke me up,ears are still ringing.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 29 here heading for 60 today. Then back into the 30s for highs tomorrow  :crazy:. That alarm will wake you up better than coffee snow. Just another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning fellers. Off to get my 2nd rona shot this morning. Then have an appointment to finally after about 8 years to finish filling out my living will. Some of those questions are tough to answer!! :confused: :pouty:

Afternoon looks like an outside kinda day. I'd have a fire but the weather terrorist are talking fire danger do it'll wait.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 35 here and hoping to get to 59!!  so I see an outside kind of day too!!  pick up the pine cones and maybe rake some pine needles too..  have a good day all!!   :happy1: :happy1:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 35 here and hoping to get to 59!!  so I see an outside kind of day too!!  pick up the pine cones and maybe rake some pine needles too..  have a good day all!!   :happy1: :happy1:
so Mike, you get that scooter out of storage yet?? :scratch:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
maybe today...  the fellow where it's stored at just got home from Arizona Tuesday..  and he brought home a car!!!   a 1924 Jewitte!!!  and it runs!!!   

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
maybe today...  the fellow where it's stored at just got home from Arizona Tuesday..  and he brought home a car!!!   a 1924 Jewitte!!!  and it runs!!!
:happy1: :happy1: