Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4905343 times)

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 46 here and heading for low 60s today. Just putzed on projects yesterday. One was remolding the basement storage in our 5yh wheel camper. The peice of cheap 1\8" plywood sperating the storage from the pipes was coming loose. So I revised it to gain more space. Turned out good. Probably gained another 6 to 7 sq feet of storage. Something I have been wanting to do for awhile. Not sure what today will bring. But have a good Sunday boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all,  sounds like a win Jb for the camper!!   yes yesterday was kind like that.. I did get a 70 mile ride in..  got the lawn mower running, just turned the key again!!  even mowed what I wanted done!!! that is about how the day went..   we have a slight chance for rain today into tomorrow...  53 now and going for 67, about 20 degrees cooler than yesterday!!!  have a good day all!!!   :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin boys, 51* here early & we may hit 70* later, had 81* yday. I grabbed my panfish gear & went for a boat ride yday afternoon. Nothin but shorts & a t-shirt was needed, don't remember :scratch: doin that on the 1st of May before. No :fish2: but that's OK, did find surface temps north of 50* already though. :shocked: Got some clothes on the line now & it's about time to go get a paper so I better roll. Have a good day!!
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
forgot to mention, hey Glenn I got my cottage cheese with chives Friday!!!! 

and in the mail yesterday was my drivers license, and it only took 16 days from when I renewed it!!!!   :happy1: :happy1:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 63 at choretime heading for a high in the upper-70's. A few sprinkles ~7:30 last nite while I was grilling. There was stuff on the radar but the air was so dry not much of it ever hit the ground (virga). Highs yesterday reached 91 in Albert's Leaf & 88 in Waseca & Owatonna. Finished the lawn mowing yesterday but El Capitan was a battle. Whitey died about 2/3's of the way thru it. Luckily I'd done the steepest part or it could've been disastrous. I got Howard, the orange mower out and the hydro wasn't real cooperative. Took a while but got it done. Planning on going for a short cruise today, maybe to Barney's in Waseca. That should make it rain. Have a good 'un peeps!  :happy1:   
« Last Edit: May 05/02/21, 10:53:45 AM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Just checking in after the camping trip that ended in our own woods.  Yes OUR woods.  The Noma Lake website says OPEN.  So to verify I called them.  I got a message back and it said it is open for dispersed camping.  They were nice and said happy camping!  Well we got there and it was closed.  Both gates closed.  WTF.  I called them and they said when we said dispersed camping we meant that you can park on the road and carry your stuff in and set up your tent. !&%$&#^  WTF again.  Dispersed camping does not mean tents only.  Dispersed camping is done with campers of all kinds regularly.  When I started to explain this we lost reception.  SO we headed back home.  Left Glenn a message on our way home.  I was kind of miffed so didn't even think that we could have gotten together for a quick greet then....  Oh well we will try again.  I talked to one of the locals on our way out and told them what had happened.  He said they used to not even have a gate but then someone burned a picnic table so they put up gates.  ?????  There is picnic tables and a vault toilet.  That is all.  THEY DON'T NEED A GATE!!!   They didn't open it last year due to covid????  Talk about bad management.  Why can't you camp there because of Covid???  It takes a person to come unlock the gate in spring and then lock it in the fall.  Which doesn't even have to happen cuz IT DOESN'T NEED A GATE!!!  Get my drift.  How about on their website putting "Gates closed, open for walk in camping only".  Cuz the gate that doesn't need to even be there is closed....  SO we are laughing at their questionable management decisions and how we got a nice cruise in and drove there and home all in one day and still got to camp for a couple of days.  Trying to decide where to drive next weekend before we camp at our favorite camp site, AT HOME!!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :bonk: :bonk: :bonk: :bonk:
« Last Edit: May 05/02/21, 11:15:46 AM by LPS »

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
If it ain't in a tent it ain't camping!
I'm taking cover!I  :mooning: :mooning:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
No! No! No Barry! Strict government orders. Everyone must be made equally miserable!  :rolleyes:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
No! No! No Barry! Strict government orders. Everyone must be made equally miserable!  :rolleyes:

This is a Federal thing I believe.  SO you may be right.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
If it ain't in a tent it ain't camping!
I'm taking cover!I  :mooning: :mooning:

Be very careful Roony.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
next LPS will be making shipments like Dotch to folks!!!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
 :rotflmao: Yea LPS, Another 14 miles south ya coulda set up camp in the cabin yard. No gates there!!! :rotflmao: :happy1:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya darn it!  Well we got Cooper sleeping in the camper so we introduced him to that.  I should send an email to them to let them know how unnecessary it is to not let us camp there year around. 

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Dang lps, that stinks. Afternoon peoples did some mow lawnin earlier,  the grass is growing but spotty.  The 94 yardman is showing its age but still runs, the hood fell apart so its dangling but with a 100 dollar battery added this year I'll drive it with no hood if I have to, couldn't believe how much they get fer a battery.  Was a great weekend tho the oldest came over yesterday helped me out with a few things and we preceeded to empty a box of beer and hang out all day. Anywho good to see tge Twinks are spanking the ball again. Gotta run, See ya!!

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
That must be some battery.   I put one in the wifes mower and it was like 24 bucks. 

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, sure looks like it could rain but they are saying nope...  48 now and going for the upper 50's..  so cooler again..  got a few thuings done yesterday so all good..  have a good day all!!!   :happy1:

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Ah yes,spring has sprung,robins playing grab arse in the back yard staking out territory,saw my first two woodducks drop in to my creek,hope they stick around,managed to grill some chicken yesterday inbetween rain squalls rolling thru,neighbors mowing lawns,the hum of mowers filled the air all weekend,the fools,seems after the first mow the grass comes alive,next thing ya know you on the every week cycle....no hurry here to get after it,did fire up the weed whacker yesterday,so have that going for me.have a great monday guyz.

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
We got another half inch plus here in Cawchester as some sage used to call it.     New weather station with rain thing on the deck so probably not the best location, given the trees and all.     

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 42 and raining here. Heading to a high of 46 today. Had almost 3\4" of rain when we left for work. Nice slow soaking rain too. You need to start bringing a bolt cutter with you Barry. The gate was open when you got there.  ;) What a bunch of  :bs:! Well did did some brush and tree removal along the north property line. Trying to help the pines there get more sun so they will fill out more. I have been wanting to do that for the last 8-9 years and the wife finally said late last fall that she wanted to clean it out. Surprised me. So we have a bunch of brush to burn now. Well, just another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
well the north wind is picking up this morning.. 

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  You are right JB.  Makes no sense at all.  Why do we pay them?  Still raining here.  Just about a half inch so far.  Looks like it may last till about 10:30.  I can see it getting greener in the small pasture now.  Not sure what I will do today.  Mayhaps work on some Rigs.  Gotta hit the grocery store.  The remodel job is really taking shape now.  Looks great!  They are really missing the Canadians.  I don't know where the people that live across the river shop at now.  Fort Frances I suppose.  That's about 60 miles vs. half mile.  Well you all have a great day.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gang, 50* @ 1st peek & that's awfully close to the high for today too. Barely a sprinkle overnight here. :scratch: It looks like ALL THE HOT AIR has left us for this week. :whistling:  ;)  :rolleyes: :laugh: Got some garage putzin in my sights 'til I see what the weather's gonna do. Hopin your Monday's a good 1.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 55 at choretime heading for a high in the low 60's. What is this rain you speak of? A trace at the ranch & .04" in Bugtussle. Busy talking farmers down off the ledge already this a.m. One, it needs to rain eventually, two there's nothing you can do about it &  three count your lucky stars that we have the soils and soil moisture to go on for a while that we do. I may write a book when I retire about all the silly crap people find to worry about. The title would probably be "Why I Hate Mondays and Cell Phones".  :happy1:

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 42 and raining here. Heading to a high of 46 today. Had almost 3\4" of rain when we left for work. Nice slow soaking rain too. You need to start bringing a bolt cutter with you Barry. The gate was open when you got there.  ;) What a bunch of  :bs:! Well did did some brush and tree removal along the north property line. Trying to help the pines there get more sun so they will fill out more. I have been wanting to do that for the last 8-9 years and the wife finally said late last fall that she wanted to clean it out. Surprised me. So we have a bunch of brush to burn now. Well, just another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.

LOL JB,just like "Pa Kettle" I'll get around to it some day Ma....love it,no hurry at my place either,shete will get done one of these days.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey DOTCH, where you in Albert Leafs Saturday??? :scratch:

Do you know a Lisa Hanson??? According to the email I get from signing the petition to recall Walz, they must of been causing a ruckus down there Saturday.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
for that bar owner

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Nope glenn, I was slaving away like I normally do. I managed to go thru two mowers in one afternoon mowing El Capitan. Lucky to escape with my life! :doah: Sounded like a 100 people or so attended the rally. Won't see anything about it until Wednesday's Albert Leaf's Pravda comes out & I'm betting they'll bury the story in amongst the want ads. Attorney Nathan Hansen was there as well as some other notables. Sounds like they may have bigger fish to fry, like crashing gov. Killjoy's fishing opener.  :cheerleader:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Nope glenn, I was slaving away like I normally do. I managed to go thru two mowers in one afternoon mowing El Capitan. Lucky to escape with my life! :doah: Sounded like a 100 people or so attended the rally. Won't see anything about it until Wednesday's Albert Leaf's Pravda comes out & I'm betting they'll bury the story in amongst the want ads. Attorney Nathan Hansen was there as well as some other notables. Sounds like they may have bigger fish to fry, like crashing gov. Killjoy's fishing opener.  :cheerleader:
:rotflmao: I'll have to keep an eye out for that fishing opener.  :nerd: :nerd: :super smiley:

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 55 at choretime heading for a high in the low 60's. What is this rain you speak of? A trace at the ranch & .04" in Bugtussle. Busy talking farmers down off the ledge already this a.m. One, it needs to rain eventually, two there's nothing you can do about it &  three count your lucky stars that we have the soils and soil moisture to go on for a while that we do. I may write a book when I retire about all the silly crap people find to worry about. The title would probably be "Why I Hate Mondays and Cell Phones".  :happy1:
Can I be in your book? I'm not a farmer but I got the whining and complaining part down pretty good.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I have a very successful longtime customer who's well aware of some the boneheaded questions farmers are capable of and especially who's capable of asking them. He'll call up when everyone's in panic mode and ask, "Had any stupid farmer questions today? I bet you could write a book." I just laugh. Always makes my day go better after that.