Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4902787 times)

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
« Last Edit: May 05/05/21, 12:44:14 PM by roony »

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
 :happy1: :happy1: :happy1: you da man, roony!!!!!!!!!! ;)
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Should be able to destroy habitat and terrorize small woodland creatures with that beast!  :happy1:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Should be able to destroy habitat and terrorize small woodland creatures with that beast!  :happy1:

My goal is to make things less inviting to the songbirds. Just got too dang many of them. I tried decapitating a bunny rabbit but at the last moment he exited the "freeze" mode and hopped safely away.
« Last Edit: May 05/05/21, 02:59:16 PM by roony »

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:huh: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :doah:

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 43 at choretime heading for a high in the upper 50's. Supposed to be some showers tonite, predicting .1" - .25". Anything will be welcome but I'm sure Waseca will get more. They always do!  :bonk: What kind of Stihl whacker unit did you get roony? A gas model or one of them new fangled electrics? Talked to my neighbor who said he'd fix my weedeater & 18" chainsaw after he's done planting. Still looking at getting a smaller saw for lighter work. A couple places sell & service Stihl around here so they'll be the first places I look.
Still liking the Kobalt electric chainsaw I got on sale a couple weeks ago.   

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
It is a gas stihl FS111R. 4 stroke but you mix the gas. Same mix as the chainsaw. With the sawblade she's a wicked looking thing.
Dad had 1 just like it, no 4 stroke though, not sure of the brand but it too was a wicked looking beast. Must've weighed  40#'s,& nobody wanted to get near it. Had to be from the 80's or earlier. Took it to the dump & the old boy workin there stuck it in his truck right away.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline fishwidow

• Master Outdoorsman
Got the Echo version of that,Roony. Works pretty well to clear trails that aren’t too badly over grown. I’ve got a couple of groves of pines and mature hardwoods that get clipped every year. Interchangeable heads for blower and Line trimmer. The line trimmer works well but the blower is sort of cumbersome to use in some areas, like on the roof. You’ll like it.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 40 here and hope to see 60..  not a drop of rain yesterday..  so normal for this year...  yesterday when I came home from Alex I seen Markn really has his place ready for his new shed!!   trees all cleared and looks like the ground work is all done too...  looking good!!!   have a good day all!!   :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 28 here again this morning heading for 53 today. I also have the Echo version of that too. Think I got mine in 99 or 2000. Does a good job for sure. Look at the beaver blades for them. They can really chew thru some trees. Well, just another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  28 here this morning too.  My hummingbird feeders did not freeze.  One does look a little slushy.  We shall see.  Got the steering rod hooked up on the kicker motor I got for the new boat yesterday.  Got a couple more little things to do and then a warsh job.  Will launch next week.  Hate to say it but parts of the lawn could use a mower so that is near the top of the list of things to do too.  I got an EGO battery operated string trimmer and I love it.  I don't think I can put a blade on it but I wish I could.  Have a good one.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers.......had dribbles of rain yesterday afternoon, not enough to get anything wet. this morning the deck was wet but didnt rain much!!! looking like the temps will slowly start improving. looking at maybe putting my tomato plants in the garden mid next week. no below freezing temps at nite as far as i can see!!!!!! :happy1:

got my wheel barrrel almost all done, snowmobile trailer paint job is done. used up 1 full can and 3 started cans od spray paint. need one more to finish up the wheelbarrel. later down the road!!! not sure what is on the list for today at the moment??? :scratch: :scratch:

have a good one boys!!!!!!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin all, 33* to start & lookin for 55* later. I see we're under another Red Flag Warning :pouty: as the RH will be ~ 23% & the winds will be as high as 30. Got a new bumper for the dock & with the boat tied up there until our lift guy comes that is 1st on my list today. Plenty of other little stuff to do too. Have a good day!.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin all, 33* to start & lookin for 55* later. I see we're under another Red Flag Warning :pouty: as the RH will be ~ 23% & the winds will be as high as 30. Got a new bumper for the dock & with the boat tied up there until our lift guy comes that is 1st on my list today. Plenty of other little stuff to do too. Have a good day!.
:scratch: :scratch: :scratch: so......how is it you post all these projects you got going on, but when i stop over your always napping?? :doah: :scratch: :sleazy: :evil: :evil: :nerd: :nerd: :super smiley: :super smiley: :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll:

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
 Woke up at 3:30 to light rain this morning. Wasn't much, enough to green up the yard so more. I did get the yard mowed Monday morning and it needed it. The dirt work is done for the new garage and I can't wait until the builders show up to do the concrete and the building. Mike, feel free to stop by for an inspection, all of the brush is gone now. LOL. Going to try to get some grass seed put down behind the house today, maybe shoot a round or two of trap tonight. Have a great day everyone..... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: :scratch: :scratch: so......how is it you post all these projects you got going on, but when i stop over your always napping?? :doah: :scratch: :sleazy: :evil: :evil: :nerd: :nerd: :super smiley: :super smiley: :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll:
:tut: :mooning: :pouty: Cause I already got 'em done before you get 1/2 way through your pot of coffee.  :doah: :evil:

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
It is a gas stihl FS111R. 4 stroke but you mix the gas. Same mix as the chainsaw. With the sawblade she's a wicked looking thing.
Dad had 1 just like it, no 4 stroke though, not sure of the brand but it too was a wicked looking beast. Must've weighed  40#'s,& nobody wanted to get near it. Had to be from the 80's or earlier. Took it to the dump & the old boy workin there stuck it in his truck right away.
This one is 31.4cc and weighs in at 12.1 lbs. It is pretty easy to handle really. Today I'm going to get out the Stihl MS290 chainsaw and clear out some of the elm trees that blew down over the trails. Our 5 year old grandson is coming to stay overnight, he loves to explore the forest, as he calls it. Tomorrow afternoon we may take him to one of my cousin's woods to explore and look for shrooms. I love this time of year!
First I need to drive over to Dotch's stomping grounds to visit my mom.
Have a good one all!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 38 at choretime heading for a high around 60. .26" or rain at the ranch & .28" in Bugtussle proper between yesterday afternoon & overnite. Was a welcome rain. Every little bit helps. Corn is starting to emerge in some fields. Won't likely be able to row it for a couple days yet. Easter planted corn & soybeans are up but it took a month to emerge. A little tacky in the fields this a.m. so will do some paperwork & run some errands. Probably keep digging up corn & soybeans to assess their progress or lack thereof.  :scratch:

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Just a great day to play in the woods
Jack

A patch of ferns

may flowers

violets

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey Smurfy, isn't this in  your part of the state? 

https://www.sctimes.com/story/news/2021/05/06/st-cloud-police-avoid-area-possible-bank-robbery-progress/4978570001/

Hostage standoff in St Cloud....
yes sir it is. 15 miles to the east.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all. 35 here going for the mid 50's..  nice blue skies this morning..  we got a few rain drops yesterday, not enough to really get anything wet...  so we still need some rain..  got a road trip planned for this morning into the early afternoon..  first off will be breakfast and then the amish green house..  they have a vast array of plants and flowers...  have a good day all!!   :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. TGIF!!!! 38 here this morning heading for 53 today. Going to stay around 50 all weekend then it looks like the 60s starting next week. Just another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys!

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
MORNING GENTS,she's a dandy and brisk,sun feels great @6:30am.sunglasses even,have a great weekend and treat "mom" well,extra hugs as she deserves it.Visiting my mother at fort snelling sunday,she was a great lady miss her dearly.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers........ uppers..looking like a nice day. i see a  :campfire: and  :toast: brewing later today. making a st cloud run later to pick up a few things.......aint leaving st cloud without the rest of my garden plants either.  :surrender:

tomorrow make a trip out to my asparagus patch, check the progress there and throw some fertilizer on them!!!!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Glad to see you here Glenn.  Was hoping you weren't at Wells Fargo trying to make a withdrawal.  Roony those ferns look great.  We like them.  Ours haven't even popped up yet.  And Glenn I never thought about fertilizing asparagus.  Maybe I should sprinkle some 10-10-10 on them?  I did see our rhubarb is just peeking up now.  I decided to mow the high spots yesterday.  Once I started I realized it was all high spots so I mowed it all.  Man does it look nice.  Was dusty as heck too.  I had clouds of dust at times.  Had to hold my breath and keep going.  I am still patting myself on the back for the good job I did.   :happy1:  Will get the camper ready for our weekend of bliss at our campsite.   :happy1:   You all have a great day!  Jack. :rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
yea LPS i fertilize it every spring and fall!!!!!! 10-10-10 is what i use mostly!!!!!!

i mowed my lawn yesterday also, looks good too!!!!

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Seeded in the backyard where we had spread out some of the black dirt from new garage. Rolled part of it with a steel roller to see if that helps get the grass up faster. Seems like soybeans come out of the ground about 48 nano seconds after they have been rolled. We'll see. Headed to Spruce Hill to fix up grandson's gravesite. Five or six shovel fulls of dirt and some grass seed should do it. Hear what you're saying snow. Then I think to Rose City for lunch. Have a great one all........ :happy1: :happy1:
mm