Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4961155 times)

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Yup got it all ready to go.  I taped cardboard on the bathroom door and made the hole for the exhaust hose to go.  Worked great.  Turned in on manually.  SO then I sat down at the table to put the batteries in the remote control.  No control on the table.  Where did it go???  Cooper???   Of course.  He is a thief.  Should have called him Bandit.  I walked all around the yard and couldn't find it.  So did the wife when she came home.  Then later I see it in the yard.  He must have moved it.  I warshed it off and good as new.  LOL  Glenn and Gunner are going to come visit mid-morning tomorrow.  Should be fun.  Looking forward to it now that we have the AC.  As I sat down on the deck and took a break yesterday I see these mean looking bugs flying around.  Quite a few of them.  I took a pic so Dotch or someone can help identify it.  Well you all have a good one.  I will be AWOL for a few days. 

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
have a good weekend  LPS!!!  don't let them fellers take over your camper!!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
have a good weekend  LPS!!!  don't let them fellers take over your camper!!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
  :sleazy: :evil:                          ;) :rotflmao: :rotflmao:   
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin boys, we had 61* when I started movin & I feel sorta lucky :rolleyes: cause they're ONLY talkin 87* for our high. Had some action :fish2: today :happy1: :cool: but the eye was too big & the nord was too small. Nothin etched in stone on my list today so I'll just roll with it & see what comes up. 'Bout it here, hopin your Friday's a good 1!!

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Have fun camping this weekend Barry!!!
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 62 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-80's. Not a lot going on today other than getting ready for the 4th celebration. After chores been mowing in the evenings. Ruby follows the mower and provides photographic evidence that I've been doing something when I send the pics to the wife.

Think I found yer beetle Barry. White-spotted Sawyer beetle. Figured it was a longhorn beetle of some kind but took a while to narrow it down. Never seen one in these parts but after reading about them, can kinda see why.

https://www.insectidentification.org/insect-description.php?identification=White-Spotted-Sawyer-Beetle
« Last Edit: July 07/02/21, 10:14:11 AM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Thanks Dotch.  I hope that doesn't mean my spruce trees are dying. 

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
We just had one of those hitch hike into the house on the wife a couple of days ago. We do see them around here and there.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
No problem Barry. As you said, looks like they're after the already dead or dying trees. Since the beetles can fly, the trees they're after could be anywhere.

Hmmmm...that squeaking noise. It stopped again... :scratch: 
« Last Edit: July 07/02/21, 02:06:51 PM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 63 this morning and going for 91 today..  only 86 yesterday..  I did a get a few things done yesterday around the yard so that is done for a bit..  I smoked some spare ribs yesterday for the picnic lunch before the parade in West Union tomorrow.. GF is making sloppy joe's, so that will be a good meal!!  have a good day all!!!   :happy1:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gang, went for a extra early boat ride this AM & we had 70*, 67* when I came in. It looks like we might not quite make 90* here today. Went up to Talmoon yday for their meat raffle with the neighbor & his wife. They were packed, it was a good time. Might :scratch: have to do that again when they're not quite so busy. Gonna jump in the brother's car in a bit to go up to see glenn & his 4 legged terrorist.  :rolleyes: Plan is to head up & see if LPS got past the gates ;) :laugh: at the campground up by Wirt. That's all I've got now, have a good day!!

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 76 here this morning heading for 90s they are saying. Actually was able to sleep in this morning. Have not done that for a long time. Wifey wants to go to the flea market they have in Roosevelt every year on July 3rd and 4th. Then hope to go out fishing after that. Hopefully it doesn't get to windy. Have a good one boys.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 60 at choretime heading for a high in the upper 80's. Could smell smoke when I first went out the door this a.m. Dunno if that's from Canadian fires or what. Thought maybe it was from some of the neighbor's fireworks that got stuck in their trees last night but the wind is the wrong direction. After chores, got the main garden tilled. Good day to kill weeds mechanically then bake them for a couple days to make sure. Need to run some errands then grill a couple half legs that I cubed up for a get together later this afternoon at Beaver Lake. Marinating in soy, pineapple juice & garlic. Think I'll put them on some small skewers so they can have mini-keboobs.   
« Last Edit: July 07/03/21, 09:55:13 AM by Dotch »

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
just took a ride on the Harley, even too hot for that almost...   

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, Happy 4th of July!!!!  going to be a hot one too!!  73 already going for 94..  yuk...  hoping I find some shade and a little wind when we watch the parade today!!  not much else going on today so have a good day all!!!   :happy1:

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. Happy 4th of July from me too!!! Same forecast as mine here too. Tried fishing for awhile yesterday but the black flies were terrible. Ended just driving around in the boat instead. Some wind would help keep them away. Not sure what the plan for today is. Maybe  :campfire: and  :toast: later while watching fireworks. One neighbor put on a good show last night. Have a good independence day boys.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents, 69* here at 1st peek & somewhere around 90* is 'sposed to be the high. Made it back from Noma campground a bit after noon yday. Had a nice visit with Mr & Mrs LPS, not sure if :scratch: Cooper & Shadow knew what was goin on at 1st but they were actin a bit more like brothers before we left. The low humidity & the wind were lifesavers here yday. Some kids swimmin mid afternoon here but that was 'bout it. Most of the tubers/skiers were either early(noonish) or late( 7-8). Hopin your 4th of July's a good 1.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  What a great weekend so far.  Camped at Noma on Friday night.  Was packed.  That surprised us.  We were lucky to get a spot.  Lots of gennys running with the heat.  After Brothers Gunner and Glenn left we packed up and headed home.  We now realize the best campgrounds we have ever been in is in our own woods.   :happy1:  We cooked Philly cheese steaks over the fire.  Worked pretty good.  It was hotter than heck so we put on life jackets and jumped in the river.  Man was that fun.  The wife doesn't swim much so she really thought it was great.  We will do that more often.  As in today.   :sleazy:  We are in the house now.  Just got done with a shower and having coffee.  We will go back out to the camper later.  SO the visit with the MNO brothers.  Was good to see them.  They both looked great and healthy.  The dogs got along well too.  Like Gunner said after awhile Cooper and Shadow were really bonding.  Wrestling with each other and chewing on each other.  Fun to see.  It was to early in the day for a brew so things stayed under control.  I bet they stopped and their watering hole on the way home.   :rotflmao:  Well Happy 4th to all of youse too.  We usually take the boat downriver to town to watch the fireworks.  Fun time.  Have a good and safe 4th. 

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Oh ya.  That AC unit I bought the other day was  life saver.  It works great in our camper and our 2000 watt Honda genny handles it just great!  We got about 3/8" of rain last night.  Was fun to hear it whilst in the camper last night.  It really came down hard for awhile.  Lots of thunder and lightning too.  Fun...

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Sounds like a good time Barry!   :happy1: I forgot to mention that we got rain last night to. .44" it says. Wish we could get more.

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Quite warm already this morning. Watered my small garden, I think my cukes will actually make it if the terrorists don't hit them again. I'm toiling again today but planning on taking tomorrow off and having the kids and grandkids over.
Happy 4th ya'll!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 72 at choretime heading for a high in the upper 80's. Had a great time at the friends' place on Beaver Lake yesterday. Fun to sit still for a few hours. Lamb was a hit. None of it made the ride home so was glad they enjoyed it. After chores I finished weeding the last 10 pumpkin hills, went back through the squash & cukes then did the string beans. Also replanted one hill of cukes that had damped off. I must've overdone the watering on that one before one of the heavy rains. Plenty of moisture there now so will see what happens. I need to make a run to Owatonna FF then replenish my gin supply at Cashwise. Hafta mow the backyard & work on an article I'm writing about the cropping season thus far. Got a couple rib steaks yesterday to grill tonite. Think I'll marinate them in the same stuff I used on the lamb yesterday.   

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 67 here heading for mid 80s today. It were a hot one yesterday. Sent the wifey off to work this morning. She has to work a half day. Not me, today is our holiday. It will be a good with the flow kinda day today. Have a good one boys.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 70 here and humid with no wind...  going for 92 again, yuk...  well the parade seemed to go over very good!!  I think mostly with the kids with all the candy they scored!!!  thankfully we had some shade and a breeze...  no push to do anything outside for me today...  have a good day all and stay cool!!   :happy1:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Hot out already.  Or at least it feels like it.  No breeze.  I have a new camper on my mind.  A KZ RV  261.  Supposed to be built great.  Amish built.  Our camper is fine but a new one would be fun too.  Just trying to decide if we should or not.  Tough decision.  Will have to see what they give us for ours on a trade in.  Just going to take it easy today.  Been a good weekend for us already. 

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin guys, we had 71* when I got out of the boat & it's lookin like ~ 86* will be the top. We had a nice NW breeze early too. Got a little rain yday early AM, looked to be a bit more than .1" in our gauges. A chance for some more after midnight tonight & with a even better chance for tomorrow. :happy1: :cool: Got my eye on a couple things for early today,  :scratch: might not get too 'em though. ;) Have a good day!!

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Well the survey says she's hot one already this morning,86 degree's at 6am 70%dew point yikes! 95 degrees later.... Me and the boy will be hangin out in the sprinkler all afternoon,guess the area lakes are nasty with chigger's.That's all I know.

« Last Edit: July 07/06/21, 12:16:53 PM by snow1 »

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 73 at choretime heading for a high in the low 90's. Got a light breeze going so at least there is that. Gotta finish the article I started yesterday, get some feed & then start yet another article. Sometime today Mrs. Cheviot comes back, probably to sign the guest book before leaving on another one of her trips. :rolleyes: There's a rental vehicle involved so guess who gets to pick her up from that? Hopefully the guy who's taking the glass out of the '59 Lark doesn't call & tell me to pick that up. Day could deteriorate into a real PITA in a hurry... :bonk: 

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Evening peoples,  it was a great weekend but hot. No shortage of swimming breaks but sure got some projects takin care of.  The dock got lowered around a foot and the boat lift got pushed out about 6 foot, that should make it rain that away.  Surprisingly the crops look good out there with the lack of rain. The kid and I went to go fishin Saturday morning and no juice in the main battery,  chucked a charge at it gotter going but wouldn't hold it, I spose after 5 years it was time to go. Went out dragging raps around Sunday for a spell and good lord for the floating weeds from the pleasure boaters!! managed a northern and a few sheepshead was it.. Anywho have a great week gents!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Sounds like a great time Bob.  We just grilled a steak after a plunge in the river.  Felt great!