Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4960509 times)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
 :sleazy: :sleazy: well howdy fellers, yep I'm baaaack  :rotflmao: :nerd:

Yea I did what I said I'd never do again, drive home on a long 3 day holiday weekend. Fun meter was pegged and to damn hot and humid. Traffic was surprisedly good, no back up in Crosby and I cut threw little falls and took back roads home.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
:sleazy: :sleazy: well howdy fellers, yep I'm baaaack  :rotflmao: :nerd:

Yea I did what I said I'd never do again, drive home on a long 3 day holiday weekend. Fun meter was pegged and to damn hot and humid. Traffic was surprisedly good, no back up in Crosby and I cut threw little falls and took back roads home.
well then why didn't ya say something!!???  could have hooked with ya!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
That noise...there it is again!  :scratch:

Welcome back! :moon:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, rain coming down real softly..  but it's wet...  high of 70 today..  hope it rains all day!!!  not much going on today so I'll figure out the day as it rolls along..   have a good day all!!   :happy1:

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin feller's,nice change in temp this fine mornin,72 degree's out the door,squirrel's were pressing they're luck this morning raiding the feeder's as I walked out the door,I'll tend to them later,I see fresh door trim damage on the pole barn service door from I'm guessing another red squirrel that found my feeder's,it's amazing how they find feeder's,I think the birds q them in...

good day to all,enjoy the cool down and hopefull some much needed precip.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 60 here to start the day and heading for 66 they are saying. I like it after the warm weather that we have had. Washed the truck and da wife's car yesterday afternoon. Nice and shiny they are now for awhile. Thought maybe that might make it rain, but no. Well, just another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin all, we had 65* when I looked the 1st time & it appears that may be the high today. :happy1: Radar looks like it could start rainin here any minute & I'm with mike hopin it lasts all day. Going to town today & figure others may be thinkin :scratch: the same way so we're goin earlier than normal. Hopin your Tuesday's a good 1!!
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Barry, Have you ever shared you tater salad recipe on here. I was looking, but have not found. Are you willing to share it?

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Barry, Have you ever shared you tater salad recipe on here. I was looking, but have not found. Are you willing to share it?

He gave it to me a while back and it's good!!!  I'm sure he will share it here too...   :happy1:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Absolutely JB.  I will post it again.  Just my idea of it.  You can adjust to whatever you like too.  I wanted to talk to you about that gas can conversion for your Honda genny.  I will message you my email so you can send it to me.  I will email you my recipe so you can print it out.  I have a hard time getting a nice recipe print out on here.  Hard to believe it is going to stay in the 60's today.  Some rain would be nice. 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers, was great to see rain falling when i got up!!!!!!!! got me garage projects so let it rain. nice to be home but was a good relaxing week also and spent 3 1/2 days with my son!!!!! nuttin strenous happened up there ..to hot.

got back and our new AC is in and running awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i was pretty concerned with the heat coming home yesterday so i put the shock collar on shadow and he sat in the back, except for a few occasions he was really good, helped he was tuckered out!!!!!!! :happy1: :rotflmao:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 72 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-80's. A light thundershower moving through. Nothing measurable thus far. The main stuff is supposed to show up tonite. Hope it does. We're sitting OK but the crop isn't made yet & it's just one more thing for farmers to cross off their worry list if it rains. They can think of plenty of other reasons to jump of ledges, cliffs and grain bins. Otherwise, kinda goofy week. Took yesterday off & pounded through the article I'd started a couple days ago. Since no one was bothering me & I was in the mood, I wrote the weekly column yesterday too. Too uncomfortable outside to do much anyway. Cooldown on the way. I saw 67 for a forecast high tomorrow. Be on the lookout for nipples!  :hubba:   
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Got home from campground yesterday, cleaned out the camper and noticed a bit of water on the floor. Looks like I may have a small leak that will some attention. Hope this rain keeps up all day. Have a great day everyone, later.... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
just took out some mail that I needed sent off..  checked the rain gauge and we have just over .8 of rain so far... still coming down some!!!   :happy1: :happy1:

hope ya find that leak Mark!!! 

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Only .4” here mike. Leak check tomorrow. :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 63 here this AM heading for a high of 74 I do believe. No rain here at all since Saturday night. Pulled the front right wheel off of the camper last night. It is wearing funny on the outside, so going to get a new one put on. Don't need that blowing going down the road. Otherwise just another day in the slat mines. Have a good one boys.

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin fellers,chilly ,gloomy start,55 degrees,low clouds,nice soaking rain all day off n on really greened things up,looked like dotch got the boomers yesterday hope the crops survived in his area.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 55 here too..  saying 72 for a high today..  I do think I'll be mowing some grass today...  clean things up around the yard!!  have a good day all!!    :happy1:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Gonna be a nice day to get some things done today.  I searched all over yesterday and was able to find the camper we want in Ham Lake.   :happy1: :happy1:  Looking forward to getting it.  May do some mowing today.  Just the long spots.  Gotta clean the camper out too..  You all have a good day.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin boys, 57* at 1st peek here & lookin like upper 60's will be the high. :happy1: GR wasn't that busy yday but DR sure was. :scratch: SRO at Sportsmans ~ 11:30 but it didn't take long to get a table & still wasn't much more than a 1/2 hour total. :Clap: A lot of people on the road when we were comin back out here too. Hardly enough rain in the gauge to see yday but we got another .25" overnight. :cool: I'd was going to mow too but it'll have to wait now. Got a couple other things in mind for early today. Have a good 1!!
« Last Edit: July 07/07/21, 08:06:54 AM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Got .91" here for the day yesterday. I'm thinking they got quite a bit more down Dotch's way. Might do a bit of mowing later after visiting my mother.
Have a good one all!
« Last Edit: July 07/07/21, 09:03:08 AM by roony »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers........man what nice weather!!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1:  i didnt get a chance when i got home to dump the previous rain out of the gauge before it started yesterday morning but there was an inch and a half when i did then when i dumped it last night after it quit was another almost half inch.  :happy1: :happy1:

todays projects include picking dill, weeding the garden and spraying weeds in the lawn. should go visit mom before she heads back to wisc tomorrow!!!

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Looked at the rain gauge and dumped out .7". That might turn the yard green again. Another shot like that would be nice. Going to remove a couple of panels in the camper to see if i can find the leak, after that a 1:50 tee time for a two person scramble this afternoon. Later..... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 60 at choretime heading for a high around 70. 1.55" of rain at the ranch & 1.87" in Bugtussle proper. Another nice, timely rain. Some reports of wind off to the SW but otherwise just your garden variety thundershowers. Neighbors peas were being harvested right thru the rain so the harvesting crew left a snotty mess on the road. Took the Studebaker to the shop to check out the leak. Hope it's an easy fix. Driving it in I forgot what a blast it is to drive. When I dropped it off I accidentally left the keys in it. 3 on the tree w/OD, not too worried that someone would drive off in it.

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Dotch....been a long time since I herd that saying,my 1st chevy pickup had 3 on the tree,6 banger,great old truck but newer back in the mid 60's,bought it off a old timer,folks sold it off when I was drafted and shipped out,maybe they thought I wasn't comming back or wishful thinking?,but had/have my 69 dodge in storage,now rebuilt but miss my old pickup.Thanx for your reports to date,been thinking on a lamb bbq soon,I'll need your advice on prep again other than pineapple juice marinaid,rub and such.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Put a trailer hitch on the Kawi Mule today.  Had to run to town for new bolts.  As I was driving out the driveway the Wheel of Fortune truck and trailer drove by headed east.  Maybe a County Fair in the Falls...  ???  I keep telling the wife I am going to enter her.  We watch it most nights.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Put a trailer hitch on the Kawi Mule today.  Had to run to town for new bolts.  As I was driving out the driveway the Wheel of Fortune truck and trailer drove by headed east.  Maybe a County Fair in the Falls...  ???  I keep telling the wife I am going to enter her.  We watch it most nights.

just be careful what you enter her into!!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
No problem snow. Lemme know what you have to pay for lamb sometime. Price on the hoof is unreal, $2.35 - $2.80/lb. Interesting to know what they get at Fareway or Cub for chops & legs.

Good news on the Stude. Ike put some dye in the engine oil. Leak from the small shaft on the fuel pump was the culprit of all things. Will need to replace the pump. Shop found the right one (one still manufactured by now defunct Carter) from Rock Auto for $24 + freight. Hopefully it's right. If not, the original can be rebuilt for ~$75 w/a kit or can convert it over to an electric for ~$50 and put a cover plate ($20) over the spot where the fuel pump is on the front L side of the engine. Nice to know there are options and not have to go any deeper into it than that.   

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
good mornin all, 50 here this morning..  looks to be like a nice day today too..  got my mowing and trimming done yesterday, looks good too..  I did score a couple racks of baby back ribs yesterday so one of those will be on the smoker tomorrow..  and some pork steaks too..  have a good day all!!!   :happy1:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 50 here this AM heading for 77. Sounds like some good viddles Mike.  :happy1: Mixed up a tank of roundup last night and did some zapping. Mixed it heavy to try and put the hurt on the poison ivy. Not much else from here, just another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.