Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4903749 times)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Mornin' gang! 65 at choretime heading for a high in the low 80's. After breakfast it's time to attack the garden while it's still cool enough to stand it. Did some yesterday but it was later morning. Was wringing wet when I quit. After that mebbe a trip to FF & Cashwise for supplies. That last 1.75 is at a half tank... :doah:
:scratch: :scratch: :scratch: low 80's?????? weather trerrorists say 88 here!!!!!!!!! :pouty: :pouty:

you get all the nice weather!!!!!!! :confused: :doah: :pouty: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.b68 here at Federal Dam heading for 85 it says. Was a play in the lake day yesterday afternoon. Kids will be taking off later this morning. Going to make biscuits and gravy for breakfast then send them off. Linda and I will be here one more day. Give us a little wind down time. Just another beautiful day here. Have a good one boys!
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gang, we had 63* when I went out :fishing: & it sounds like 87* will the top. Just a little perch this morning but got 1 eye last night, too big though. Got some clothes hangin on the line already & it'll be time for a Sunday paper run here pretty soon. Got a couple other things in my sights but I'm not certain they need to be done today. ;) :rolleyes: :laugh: Have a good Sunday!!
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin boys, 63* early here & goin for 86*. Messed around in the lake a bit yday am as the lift got moved a bit closer to the dock & quite a bit deeper. We took the neighbor along with us to the meat raffle last night & I won. :happy1: :cool: We all won a free round too! :toast: No plans, yet, for today so a roll with it kinda day it will be. Have a good day.
your getting to be a regular social butterfly up there aint yea!!!!!!! :evil: :mooning: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

some day i may have to check that meat raffle out!!!!!!! :sleazy: :smoking:

you do know you have to buy the tickets right????    :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
:doofus:                             ;) :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Afternoon peoples,  was a great weekend at the lake. The kid and I tossed around spinner baits and had a ball with the bass, a few 18" but nuttin bigger. A fella down the shoreline does a gathering for all on our road every other year so it happen to be this weekend,  was alotta fun with lots  of beverages being consumed and some firewood taking a hit. I think next time out that way we'll probably take an extra day or two, 2 days go by pretty fast. Dang the summer is flying by..

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Sheez how much vacation you get??🤔 :sleazy: :mooning: :rotflmao:

Yep glad I don't have to jam everything in 2 days no more!!🤭 :happy1: :sleazy:

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning fellers,start of 90 degree week sounds like,already hot this morning 72 degrees out the door this morning,stay cool folks.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all , 63 here and going for 90 here too..  all week..  yuk!!!  I have a few projects going on but nothing to over do things with the heat..  have a good day all!!   :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers........yep this week is going to really such weather wise. any snow in the forecast!!!!!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1: there saying a 30% chance of rain tomorrow but i aint holding my breath..........that means a 70% chance it wont!!!!!! :confused:

got some things i wanna do outside so i'll get it done this morning.

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Got a couple of things to finish putting away from this weekend and then I have to move some hoses and sprinklers so the crew can get the garage up. I see a scissors lift just showed up. Stay cool this week, later... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents, computer says it's 69* so that means we're actually 72 or 73* here. Forgot to look :bonk: when I came off the water. They're sayin 89* for the high, not sure I believe that. Only action today was when somethin grabbed my bait & tried to take my pole with it  :tut:, broke me off above my sinker. I did get a couple eyes last night though, 1 was too little but hooked deep so I threw him on the livewell & he came around so I let 'em go. The other was a keeper, 1st one in a while. :happy1: :cool: Think  :scratch: I'll play in the water some today as the weeds are nasty with the lake being so low. Have a good day!!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 70 here this morning heading for hot. Pack up ang hit the road day today. Need to make some breakfast for the wife and I then start packing up. Check out is by noon here. Hope we are rolling sooner than that. And like said this summer is flying by. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 62 at choretime heading for a high in the low 80's. In search of the wily soybean aphid today. This area isn't exactly a hotbed of early activity but the quicker we can get a handle on them, the better we know if/when there are issues. Got lotsa leftovers from the weekend & my gin supply has been replenished so I'm ready to rock!  :happy1:   
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Had a fun weekend.  Saw family on both side.  All is well.  Good to be back home though.  We just had some rain coming down.  Didn't even make quarter of an inch but felt great!!  The next two days we may get some more. I met the Vergas hairy man this weekend.  Claims to be Leech's cousin.  LOL  He is their version of Sasquatch. 

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
good pic LPS!!!  I see the BWCA is getting some rain now too!!  maybe help with the fires....

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Just go another shot of rain.  Still just a tich under a quarter of an inch.  We will take it though.  We have 40 - 50% chanches on Wed, Thur, it looks.   :happy1:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
You guys always get rain... :pouty:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
the last Minn. Bound they were cooking over a camp fire, in brown paper bags!!!   lunch bag size..  covered the bottom with bacon, held it over the coals til that was done, added an egg and cooked it 5 more minutes..  looked to me like the bacon was stuck to the bottom of the bag...  I'll stick with the frying pan... 

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
the last Minn. Bound they were cooking over a camp fire, in brown paper bags!!!   lunch bag size..  covered the bottom with bacon, held it over the coals til that was done, added an egg and cooked it 5 more minutes..  looked to me like the bacon was stuck to the bottom of the bag...  I'll stick with the frying pan...

I'll bet birch bark basket would work better than a paper bag, but you can't have folks stripping bark off trees just to cook their breakfast over a camp fire.  :bonk:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
JUST IN: TORONTO (AP) - Canada to let fully vaccinated U.S. citizens into Canada starting on Aug. 9.

Hmmm... :scratch:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
JUST IN: TORONTO (AP) - Canada to let fully vaccinated U.S. citizens into Canada starting on Aug. 9.

Hmmm... :scratch:
hey DOTCH, that would be the Rona vaccine, NOT gin!!!🤭🥴 :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Appears legit after cross referencing sources... :coffee:

Got my ltr. of Boodles & bottle of Jack Rudy's packed!  :happy1:
« Last Edit: July 07/19/21, 01:30:07 PM by Dotch »

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Just go another shot of rain.  Still just a tich under a quarter of an inch.  We will take it though.  We have 40 - 50% chanches on Wed, Thur, it looks.   :happy1:
Had a nice shower ~ 10:30  :cool:, only lasted maybe 20 minutes though. Couldn't find much more than .1" in our gauge, sure cooled it down nice though :happy1: as I was out ~ 3:30 & we only had 77* then.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Before I was old enough to know what fun really was I took a summer school Science class in about 5th grade.  One of the things was boiling water in a small cardboard box.  Took too much time and it bombed out.  LOL
« Last Edit: July 07/19/21, 07:34:52 PM by LPS »

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I know the bottom fell out!!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman

Before I was old enough to know what fun really was I took a summer school Science class in about 5th grade.  One of the things was boiling water in a small cardboard box.  Took too much time and it bombed out.  LOL
:scratch: :doah: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: X 2                                       :crazy: :doofus:
« Last Edit: July 07/20/21, 05:37:01 AM by Gunner55 »

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 65 here going for 89 again..  very hazy this morning and it almost smells of smoke..  they said over 800 confirmed fires in Canada.. on the news last night they showed Gooseberry Falls and it had no water going over them..  crazy!!!  got a dentist appointment this morning for a check up and exrays..  have a good day all!!   :happy1:

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin feller's,heavy thick air again out the door,but hey above ground,got that goin on today,looks like t-storms rolling in later,good thing need the precip....good day to all.