Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4902951 times)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Morning boys.  Man the camper just keeps getting better.  Having a great time in it.  May cut down a real leaner boxelder today that may hamper getting the camper out of the woods.  Will hook it up to the plow truck and have the wife give it some guidance.  Hoping to drop it without getting hung up on another leaner.

go get it Paul Bunyan!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: Yea don't be Wiley coyote. :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Man the camper just keeps getting better.  Having a great time in it.  May cut down a real leaner boxelder today that may hamper getting the camper out of the woods.  Will hook it up to the plow truck and have the wife give it some guidance.  Hoping to drop it without getting hung up on another leaner.

go get it Paul Bunyan!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: Yea don't be Wiley coyote. :rotflmao:

dat wouldn't be good!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Got the tree down safely.  All cut up for firewood in the garage next year.  Got most of the brush picked up except for one more trailer load.  Will do that in the morning.  Needed a break.  This morning I see there is ash on everything.  Bigger particles than dust too.  A fire must be closer than I think.  It's a little hazy today but not close to what it was the other day. 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Got the lawn cut. Might of been the 4th time this year. :doah: I wouldn't mind  doing it every week. That would mean it's green with decent rains  :confused:

Well gotta go, I gotz me a honey Doo list I need done before I head nort Tuesday morning.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Afternoon gang! 58 at choretime and we've topped out about 77. Busy day. After chores, cleaned out a water tank while refilling another one then chopped a mess of weeds that were starting to bother me. Was planning on planting some fall garden but the neighbors thought I oughta rake the hay, again, after telling me late last week they didn't want to do it on Sunday. Suspect it would've dried on its own w/o raking by tomorrow but since they're baling it, whatever. Got home, put a sharp set of blades on Whitey & mowed El Capitan. Taking a water break for a few minutes before cranking up the tiller & at very least planting some snap peas.

If we're gonna stay in this sheep business, strongly considering getting my own haying equipment for next year after today. I would've had 2nd crop baled the same time my neighbor Jon did his. Might seem kinda silly for 5 acres worth but getting tired of messing around always doing this crap on someone else's schedule.  Besides, it'd look good on my auction sale!  :happy1:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
West central MN...that's closer to glenn's jurisdiction.  :police:

I was in on one of those rides as a drunk passenger one night in high school. Not nearly that extensive but stupid just the same. Ears were smacking against the windshield and crap was flying all over. Amazing it didn't take a headlight out or wreck a mirror. Guy dropped me off at home afterwards. Next morning while my head was pounding on my way out to do chores, I spied a big wad of green corn debris from under his truck in the driveway. I quickly disposed of it before Dad saw it. Not good being the choirboy I was...:angel: 
« Last Edit: August 08/01/21, 09:40:02 PM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin fellers,nice couple of days away from the heat,daylight is dwindling,already noticeable,neignbors raseberry bushes are turning yellow,football is in the air for the few remaining fans.

good day to all.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 55 when I started today and very nice outside..  enjoying my coffee now..  did get a few things done yesterday and plan to do so today too..  not really getting to worked up about future projects as the weather again looks to be turning hotter again...  have a good day all!!   :happy1:

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 59 here heading for 84 today last I looked. Yep getting hot again. It was nice temp for the weekend. Worked on our cement form more yesterday afternoon. Getting closer to having them ready. Need to bring in some more gravel and finish staking the forms down. Then put in the wire mess. Other than that, just another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Kind of hazy this morning.  Good for you on that concrete project JB.  Looking forward to pics of your patio.  As I grew up my parents always had a big patio or a big deck and we used them all of the time.  The guys are showing up to flush out our new well today.  We still use the old well but use the new one for watering trees.  It caved in partially so they will flush out the crushed rock so we should gain a lot of flow from this.  Keep your fingers crossed for me.  Will keep you posted. 

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Think I'll make a run to deer camp and cut the grass quick today. Tomorrow will have to go to Menards and see if they have any landscape pavers I need to use on the South side of the new garage. Later... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin boys, 59* here last I looked & somewhere around 80* will be the high. Yup, sure was nice temps this weekend so I spent quite a bit of time on the lake. A bunch of others out there too, especially last night. Did get 1 little :fish2: this morning, everybody else was sittin close to the weeds when I came in. Sis & BIL just walked in, they went home for a couple days. Think  :scratch: today is gonna be another roll with it kind of day, hopin your Monday's a good 1.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 57 at choretime heading for a high in the upper 70's. Absolutely gorgeous and no smoke, yet.  Southerly breezes expected for the week so we may be lucky. Although I figure the hay the boys rolled up yesterday should keep better because it's been smoked! Lot's of Monday stuff to do. Wifey is on duty down at the Freeborn Co. Fair. Means extra chit on my plate. She got me a pass to see the Oak Ridge Boys on Wed nite tho. Haven't seen them before so better do it before something happens to them. Lucky I saw ZZ Top when I did. Molly Hatchet was scheduled a few years ago at Freeborn Co. Fair but cancelled. Like to catch them sometime too. Hell raisin' music!  :happy1: 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers........off to a later then normal start!!!!!!!!! finish a few things left on the list, then concentrate on packing........ headed nort in da morning.............been a whole month since the last time.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, well thing will be quiet here for a bit with Glenn headed out..  drive safe bud!!  55 here when I started and rather hazy yet..  almost looked it wanted to rain.. yea right..  not much going on so just wonder with the day!!  get the bike out for sure!!  have a good day all!!   :happy1:

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 62 here this AM and heading for near 90 today. No rain insight here either. Drive safe Glenn! not much else new here. Just another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Dandy mornin to be above ground,65 degrees out the door,good sleeping weather,woke up with druel on my chin as proof,still a slight haze here as the sun is a glowing orange ball this morning.

good day to all

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Need to get the mower unloaded this morning and then a trip to Menards to wander the isles and pick up a few items. Not much else, later... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gang, we had 63* early & are shootin for the mid-80's later. It was so nice yday that I had to take the boat out again last night. :happy1: :cool: We even took the wheelers out for nice ride yday afternoon, quite a few others with the same idea too. Nothin pressing on the list so it's another see what happens kind of day. Have a good 1.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Yup hazy here too.  It does make it look like rain but none in sight.  The well guys haven't shown up yet so maybe today.  Otherwise I will pick up some brush and putz around till it gets hot.  I just saw it may get to 90 here today.  Hope you get a nice breeze up there JB.  Later boys.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 56 & hazy at choretime heading for a high in the upper 70's. Got my weather data ready to send to the state climatology dept. Need to finish a column, one of those where it doesn't seem to want to end. Some serious editing will be in order. Otherwise, gotta pick up the lamb processed last week, remove some sticky traps from a few corn fields and keep monitoring soybean aphids. Tonite I can "play" in the garden. No rest for the wicked.   

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Morning folk. Smoke finally cleared out here yesterday, a sunny and nice 61* out. Finally, fresh, clean air to breathe.  Almost feels like the start of a Fall day.....
Gonna finish cawfee and get started on my stuff for the neighborhood watch meeting tonite. Enjoy your day all.  :smiley:
« Last Edit: August 08/03/21, 09:30:39 AM by Rebel SS »

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Yup hazy here too.  It does make it look like rain but none in sight.  The well guys haven't shown up yet so maybe today.  Otherwise I will pick up some brush and putz around till it gets hot.  I just saw it may get to 90 here today.  Hope you get a nice breeze up there JB.  Later boys.
Yeah, I hope we get a nice breeze too. Gets mighty warm with no AC.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

maybe look into a portable AC?   

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's

maybe look into a portable AC?

X 2. Window AC. Cheap and easy, just like.....er,  never mind.  :whistling:  :evil:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all 61 and hazy yet...  thought that was supposed to better??  oh well..  went for about a 75 mile bike ride yesterday and as I was coming around a curve SW of Randall there was a bear cub right in the middle of the road!!!  when I started to down shift and the pipes barked it took off into the weeds and corn..   it was neat to see!!!  it was about the size of big lab or german shepard...  going to Alex this morning and get a few things...  and see what changes are going on...  have a good day all!!   :happy1:

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin all,stuffy/heavy air  in the metro out the door 65 degrees but high dew point,fell asleep early last night,missed dinner,so up early...had time to make breakfast which is rare in my house,so this morning fried egg sammich layerd with peanut butter and sliced banana,washed down with zero sugar lemonade,all fired up for a great day,

good day to all...

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 69 here this morning and heading for high 80s today. Was 92 when we left work yesterday  :puke:. Mike does the portable AC need to be emptied like a dehumidifier does? I know you exhaust it out the window, but not sure about the moisture it pulls out of the air. A widow unit would be a no go the wife says. We did put a window unit in our garage/Guest house this summer. So if it gets that bad we can always sleep in there. Or the camper is an option too. Around 9 I opened the windows in the house last night. Cooled off nicely for sleeping. That is the main thing. As long as it is comfortable enough to sleep. Otherwise we are mostly outside anyway. Well just another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.