Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4961144 times)

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers..........well that was fun last night. got to listen to a good band play really good music. bet i havent done that in 20 years. must be getting old.  :confused: :doah: :surrender: i wont go so far as to say i'm a new groupie, but i would easily go see them again!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1: got to see people i havent seen in a long time also.................

not sure whats on the agenda today............i kinda feel like a  :campfire: and  :toast: tonight........why not ya only live once!!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1:
Video to follow?  :rolleyes:                                ;) :rotflmao: :rotflmao:                       
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
morning fellers..........well that was fun last night. got to listen to a good band play really good music. bet i havent done that in 20 years. must be getting old.  :confused: :doah: :surrender: i wont go so far as to say i'm a new groupie, but i would easily go see them again!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1: got to see people i havent seen in a long time also.................

not sure whats on the agenda today............i kinda feel like a  :campfire: and  :toast: tonight........why not ya only live once!!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1:
Video to follow?  :rolleyes:                                ;) :rotflmao: :rotflmao:                       
:tut: :tut: :tut: :tut:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin boys, 54* last I looked & we're headed for the upper 70's today, I guess. :scratch: Went out early :fishing: & found 1 13"er that would play, sure was a pretty full moon though. Overheard a couple people on the bay talkin about the Friday's rain yday at the lake association meeting & they both said they had over 4" in their gauges. :crazy: No big plans yet, hopin your Sunday's a good 1.
gunner........any gossip if there going to lighten up on the fire restrictions????? i see there is more rain in the forecast this next week!!!!!!!
:scratch: Probably not until we're out of the red colored area https://droughtmonitor.unl.edu/CurrentMap/StateDroughtMonitor.aspx?MN  Says here ~ 60% chance on Tuesday then around 40% later in the week.
« Last Edit: August 08/22/21, 08:38:40 AM by Gunner55 »

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin forum fellas,  54 here at pooch stroll time, coffee is all wrapped up now I got my eye on some cold left over za. Man was that vikes game a snoozer last night,  the TV got shut off before the half. Lookin like a nice day for doin the mess around in the yard and garden, I see the cukes are almost done, maybe one more jar of pickles yet. Anywho see ya!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  In the house having coffee now.  Ya the Vikes game wasn't exactly rivetting was it?  Well was fun to see purple anyhow.  We picked about 15 cukes yesterday.  Man they come fast when they get going.  Thinking of a nice ribeye on the grill tonight.  Checked our trail cams yesterday.  A big bear was there the day before at the same time that I was mowing in the area.  I will post pics of it.  Looks like rain again here around noon and then again at supper time and may go all night.  We shall see.  Then 97% chance on Tue.  We shall see again.  I try to buy Cold Spring when I get horseradish.  I saw them on How its Made once. 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Morning fellers and fellerettes. 55* and a nice, clear morning here. No plans for the day, feeling really achey and wiped out the last couple days. Gonna just lay low. Freezer is packed to the top, and so is the refrig freezer. Had to get inventive rearranging stuff in it packing in those last lbs of bacon and the Glenn pizza's. And that's whats for bfast...cold pizza. Bfast of champions. Have a good day all.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
It's a good feeling to have the freezer stocked up.   :happy1:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Danged right. With meat supposed to skyrocket even more, I'm set for the winter. When yer on a tight budget, ya gotta make those $$$ count!
Have you seen prices on chicken WINGS?? Family pak at ALDI was $12!!!  :shocked:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Hard to believe how much they cost.  Pork is going to go up too I guess. 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Danged right. With meat supposed to skyrocket even more, I'm set for the winter. When yer on a tight budget, ya gotta make those $$$ count!
Have you seen prices on chicken WINGS?? Family pak at ALDI was $12!!!  :shocked:
there's been a shortage of wings all summer.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
there's been a shortage of wings all summer.

Right you are. I was able to get 2 family paks in March or so before they went bonkers. Had my last batch of those hot wings on the 4th.  :sad:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Hard to believe how much they cost.  Pork is going to go up too I guess.

It's already nuts here on price...per the bacon and pigger chops. Saw chops for $3.99 lb, that's up more than a buck per lb. Piggers steaks were $3.99 lb. I laid in my supply at $1.99 lb. *PHEW*

What I don't get, why is corn so high? I buy all frozen veggies, except for this....but I'm not paying over $2 for a half can of corn! Was $2.35 at HyVee the other day.  :bonk:

https://shop.cub.com/landing?product_id=70198&region_id=4762252684&utm_medium=sem_shopping&utm_source=instacart_google&utm_campaign=ad_demand_shopping_pbi_cubfoods_rp&utm_content=accountid-8757748949_campaignid-10253589492_adgroupid-102622422656_device-c&gclid=CjwKCAjw64eJBhAGEiwABr9o2DznWNWE7MiwhYqcCHNO4ToAGjQque1-Bn1NORXXjQ-jNVlBjWS-uhoC3PYQAvD_BwE
« Last Edit: August 08/22/21, 10:53:14 AM by Rebel SS »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I buy or get all the corn I need for winter till it comes again the next year on the cob and do my own thing. Husk, boil cut off the cob and freeze it. I'm fortunate enough to have a friend that grows it and let's me take as much as I need free of charge.

And I let him have as much asparagus as he wants  :happy1:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 50 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-70's. Looks like we'll get weinered on the rainfall tonite so did some watering after chores. Will do some more tonite after the sun has had a chance to bake the weeds pulled yesterday. Did something I've never done here: Sat outside and had coffee for a few minutes. Of course I couldn't sit still very long. Had to be deadheading the salvia or filling the one remaining small birdfeeder I'd forgotten earlier. Pick some beans after lunch, yank the plants out & plant some greens in their place. Mrs. Cheviot took off to dump some stuff off up at the State Fair for the camper she's sharing with some other folks. The idiots at the MDH decided at the last minute not to allow livestock exhibitors to stay in the dorms. So now, if you don't have a camper, as an exhibitor, you have to find lodging off the fairgrounds. Good luck with that. This gov. and his assortment of clowns needs to go. :angry:
« Last Edit: August 08/22/21, 11:57:49 AM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
« Last Edit: August 08/22/21, 06:50:17 PM by Rebel SS »

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
he could not have been that old was he??? 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
he could not have been that old was he???

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Big, bright Blue moon tonite! AKA Glenn moon or Sturgeon moon.... ;)
« Last Edit: August 08/22/21, 03:07:51 PM by Rebel SS »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Big, bright Blue moon tonite! AKA Glenn moon or Sturgeon moon.... ;)
:pouty: :confused: :rotflmao: hot dang we just had a nice shot of rain. :rocker; :Hunter: :dancinred:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
very little here....   a few seconds 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
A rain during the Blue Moon of August means an abundance of Smurfs come Winter....  ;)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
A rain during the Blue Moon of August means an abundance of Smurfs come Winter....  ;)
:mooning: :mooning: about 1/4 Inch., I'll take it !! :happy1:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 58 here and going for 83...  thought I heard some light rain around 3 this morning but it sure doesn't look like it did..  other than the wind yesterday it sure was a nice day..  got a few errands and things to do today but just an easy day over all..  have a good day all!!    :happy1:

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin fellers,62 out the door but humid,gonna get worse or so it sounds,nice little splash of rain last evening after a beautiful sunday weatherwise,got some yard work done,burnt up some debis,tree branches and such,almost burnt my neighbors privicy fence down,as one burning log rolled over to close and started a blaze,luckly my dog's 5 gal outside in the garage water bucket was filled up,close one....

enjoy your monday!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  60 here going for 70.  That sounds great to me.  We had some thunder during the night and a sprinkle of rain.  On the radio this morning they said the fire north of Graceton is 30% contained and the Norris camp fire is 60% contained.  The rain helped but it strained their roads getting into the fires.  Today will be a much better day to be dressed up and out there.  I have some things to keep me busy today.  Went fishing for awhile yesterday.  Had a bite but nothing in the boat.  Was real windy but felt good to be in the boat.

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. Same forecast as LPS here. Made it home from Deer River around 5 last night. Had a good time down there. They have a nice chunk of property attached to a small private lake. Nice and private there. We did pick up 1-1/4" of rain Friday night. That sure was nice. Ground soaked it right up. Hope we get some more. Just thunder and lightening last night. Not enough rain to even wet the cement. So back to the salt mines today. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gang, we had 60* with some wind early & we'll get close to 80* before the day is over. Had a bit more rain yday evening too & it looks like we had not quite .2" overnight. :happy1: :cool: Went out  :fishing: yday afternoon but it was blowing pretty good & a tough go out on the main lake. Still managed a small eye & a nord that just about met my knife. Got most of 1 small project done already so havta see what's next. :scratch: Better roll, have a good day!!

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
My new rain gauge, which only holds one inch of rain, said we had .05" yesterday. Oh well, it's better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick. Going to try to clean all the crap off the snowmobile trailer today, later.... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
My Dad used to say that all the time!  :azn: 10% chance of rain last nite, according to the wedder morjits, so of course we had thunder and lightning and got about 1/8" rain. Hume is now 95% and dewpoint at 67* down here in the banana belt. Did get to see the smurf moon at 3:00 am thru a break in the clouds. Headed for the mid 80's. Another gag me humid day. Perfect weather to grow all those bananas.   :rolleyes: 
Monday Monday, can't trust that day....have a good one, guys.
« Last Edit: August 08/23/21, 08:50:31 AM by Rebel SS »

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Good Mornin'. It rained really hard in Mankato about 8pm last night. My hopes were dashed when I got home from work and there was nada in the gauge. Have a good one.