Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4958254 times)

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 65 at choretime heading for a high in the upper 80's. A whopping .02" of rain at the ranch overnight with an equally impressive .05" in Bugtussle.  :rolleyes: The good news is the forecast has us down for somewhere in the neighborhood of 3"- 4". Believe it when it happens I guess. Spent most of yesterday catching up in the garden. Can feel it today. Otherwise slowly getting back into the groove after Crop Tour with an emphasis on the slowly part... :coffee:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Did wings on the grill last night,didn't pay attention to the price as Iwas on a mission,grilled wings after a ginger/sesame bath,layer of franks hot sauce....no survivors.

as much as I love  meat,my freezer is packed full of juice popsicles for now until hunting season starts.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
morning fellers........ hit the ground runnin this morning. did a few things around here then did a road trip to Ramsey to see the girls at the union hall. they miss me!!!!!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :happy1: gave them a jar of pickled fish, some jalepeno peppers and pop tabs from all my wifes pop she drinks!!!!! they use them to support the ronald mcdonald house.  then stopped at becks to get some maters!!!!

afternoon is going to be for canning stewed tomatoes and some green pickled maters. :happy1:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Didja swing into Morey's?  :fish2:   ;)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Didja swing into Morey's?  :fish2:   ;)
:tut: :tut: :tut: :mooning: :mooning: :mooning:

no need to i can catch plenty of my own fish!!!!!!!!!!! :happy1:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Glenn,mater's yes went out late yesterday to our local produce farm,wanted BLT's this week,bought one tomato last week from our grocery store,it sucked,no juice,then yesterday dang farmer wanted $5 for two medium mater's....not a chance....ended up raiding my neighbors garden,free is good.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Becks has piles of maters. 30 bucks a bushel. Gal let me get a half bushel. I think she has the hotz fer me!! :sleazy: :happy1:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I picked up two huge and two medium 'maters off a farm truck here for 50 cents each. They were picture perfect.  Four big ears of candy corn for same price. They were all great. May hit him again today.
I sure miss growin' my Early Girls and Better Boys! Perfect slicin' and BLT 'maters, IMO.  :happy1:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Becks has piles of maters. 30 bucks a bushel. Gal let me get a half bushel. I think she has the hotz fer me!! :sleazy: :happy1:

More than likely she just felt sorry for ya.  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:  :nerd:    :surrender:
« Last Edit: August 08/23/21, 01:06:15 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman

Naw glenn,no offense I think,she just feels sorry for ya,raggedy weather beaten old fart (I can call you an old fart as I can idenify being one myself) sunday cloths on (holy) most likely walks with a limp,this works everytime looking for a deal,using a cane is frosting on the cake.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
From a buddy in Arizona...it snowed on the grand mesa this weekend.... :shocked:  He lives in Lazear.
« Last Edit: August 08/23/21, 03:08:39 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

More than likely she just felt sorry for ya.  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:  :nerd:    :surrender:
Meh... You guys are just jealous. Remember.... Fish fear me women love me  :sleazy: :smoking: :happy1: :rotflmao:

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning gents,73/humid already out the door,good news ...above ground today...

bigtime storm nipping at my heels on the way to work,quite the light show.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 60 at our place this AM. Think that has a lot to do with the fact the wind is coming off of the lake. Had 55 in Warroad. Supposed to get to the high 60s today. The wife did the mow lawning last night and I did some spraying with round up and some fine tuning on the mesh in the concrete forms. Going to Pour that Friday if it doesn't rain. Otherwise just another day in the salt mines. Have a goo one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline GrandpaTom

• Master Outdoorsman
Good morning.  We got a 1/2 inch earlier and now pouring again.  A big system up north too, hopefully in will calm down those wild fires.  Stay dry.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all...  66 here and plenty of thunder here the last 3 hours...  not sure how much rain we yet...  I'll check later...  they are saying up to 2 inches maybe..  and the wind changed to the north here too!!  have a good day all!!!    :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers.............damn talk about getting stood up in bed!!!!!!!! :confused: the crack of thunder, lightning and rain hitting you in the face all at the same time at 5;45 am set me up in a hurry!!!!!!!!! ANDA just as i was gonna snuggle up to momma!!!!!! :smoking: :sleazy: :evil:

judging by my 5 gal pails.........i'd guess we are pushing at least 3/4 inch...............i'll take it!!!!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1:

projects today consist of putting my canning goodies away and changing oil on momma's car!!!!!!! i'm sure i'll find other things to keep me out of trouble!!!!! :happy1: :rotflmao:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents, 58* now & been rainin for a little more than an hour now. Mid 70's will be the high, I'm hearin. The neighbor came back up yday so we had to have a little early HH out on the drive. :toast: Went out for a bit late AM yday & could only coax a small perch along with a little nord to bite. Did some checking on a couple of my crappie spots & it looks like they've started to move back shallow. :happy1: Nothin in the works so far, hopin your Tuesday's a good 1.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
just checked the rain gauge, .75 to .80 inches of rain so far!!!!  might have to think about mowing the yard again!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
just checked the rain gauge, .75 to .80 inches of rain so far!!!!  might have to think about mowing the yard again!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
i'd gladly mow my yard weekly!!! that would mean we are getting timely rain!!!!!!!!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :happy1: Got the front & out by the boat shed mowed yday here.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  I see the bear is still here.  There is not much left of that apple tree.  He hit it again.  Looks like a stub sticking up now.  LOL  the other tree is loaded with apples but he hasn't hit that yet.  ??  The dogs wanted out at about 4 this morning and Cooper came back first.  Buddy took another 5 minutes.  Must have been sniffing the bear.  ??  Well I got me some Poison Ivy in a few spots.  Put some Technu on it.  That works pretty good.   No rain here yet but we have a 75% chance.  We shall see.

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Up at 4:00 for the light show, impressive. Just checked and we have .9" so far. I'll take it. Going to mount a new tv bracket and tv in the three season porch today and keep on cleaning out the old garage. Later.... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning all. Pouring and thundering like a big 🐄 right now. 'Sposed to have T-storms and some bad wedder all day. Ok by me, nothing on my list today. Mayhap a smoked ham, cheddar, and green pepper omelet though...... :scratch:
Enjoy the rain. 💧💧💧

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 73 at choretime heading for a high in the low 80's. Raining presently in Bugtussle. Catching a tail that developed on the huge system just to the north. Changed their tune from a 40% chance of rain to a quarter to a half inch in the past half hour. :scratch: Need to finish writing an article then prolly do some more yield checks if it isn't raining. They keep telling us we're gonna drown on Thursday and Friday so better keep at it. We shall see...  :rolleyes: 
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
. They keep telling us we're gonna drown on Thursday and Friday so better keep at it. We shall see...  :rolleyes:
damn, i best find some indoor project for those days, or my wife will pack my truck and tell me to get the he!! up to the cabin!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :doah:

come to think of it............dont threaten me with a good time!!!!!!!!!!!! :sleazy: :sleazy: :rotflmao:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
. They keep telling us we're gonna drown on Thursday and Friday so better keep at it. We shall see...  :rolleyes:
damn, i best find some indoor project for those days, or my wife will pack my truck and tell me to get the he!! up to the cabin!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :doah:

come to think of it............dont threaten me with a good time!!!!!!!!!!!! :sleazy: :sleazy: :rotflmao:

Any chance she reads yer posts?  :scratch: :bonk:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Any chance she reads yer posts?  :scratch: :bonk:

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: nope!!!!!!!!!!

just took a walk-a-bout around the yard...........little over 2 inches of rain, and lotz of dead branchesand leaves laying all over the place!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Well, you wanted something to do...have at it!  :laugh: