Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4905375 times)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Well, things turned out OK at the Doc......cholesterol was 140 (great) blood sugar tad too high, all other bloods/stuff dead center in middle. Chest x-ray fine. BP was 121/ 76 three times.Just haveta see the RA guy to try some new drugs for pain. Out to their NW clinic tomorrow afternoon to get a few pre-cancerous things sizzled off me noggin. Too much sun with no hat. Other than that, good to go. Might haveta have that big steak tonite to celebrate..... :rotflmao:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Darn Mike.  I have always wanted to stop at that BBQ joint in Wadena and we drive right past it often but not at lunch time.  We have the electrical inspector stopping sometime today.  He is supposed to call and let me know what time.  Needs to check the new sewer lift station and well wiring.  I will cut some more firewood and mayhaps hit the river for awhile.  Yesterday we had strong north winds.  Bad for being on the river wind.  I could smell a doused fire all day long.  Must have been the rain dousing the fires north of us.  ??  Glad things are settling down on the fire front.  Thank you firefighters.  Well you all have a good day!

What the hey is a sewer lift station??!!
pumps the black water from the holding tank to the mound system above it...

Actually it is the gray water that gets pumped up to the mound.  The black water stays in tank #1 where it eventually gets pumped out by our guy.  It flows to tank #2 where it is cleaner and no solids.  That is what gets pumped. 

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
dang I knew that and said it wrong anyway!!  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
LPS,
Last fall I had my drain field replaced with a pressure bed that is setup like yours.  The inspector stopped by during the installation.  He ask me if I was the homeowner and after indicating I was he said it's now up to me to make sure they complete it correctly because he wasn't coming back.  I connected it to an outdoor outlet for the winter and wired it properly this spring.
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
You had a rough day mikey. I got feed today so I got some cheese curds I can mail ya!  :happy1:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mronin all!!  that's what we were after Dotch!!  oh well I'll get them sooner or later..  I did score some aloha pizza beef sticks yesterday!!  a good treat!!  got them from Theilen's..  going over to Alex this morning to get a few things and check out the Country store for the cheese curds..  they carry that brand too, but a smaller selection..  it was a little cool yesterday but I did get just under 100 miles of bide riding in.. felt good too!!  have a good day all!!!   :happy1:

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 49 here heading for low 70s today. Did the mow lawning last night. Was pretty much dark by the time I got done. Wife decided to come home last night. She got home sometime around midnight i do believe. I woke up enough to say hi. So much for being unsupervised. I will have to behave myself now. Well, just another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Good Morning! 36 solid degrees right now, in a few months that will seem warm.

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin fellers,happy "HumpDay" dark and chilly out the door this morning,39degrees,heavy dew close to freezing up....ishta.

good day to all.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
The Autumnal Equinox arrives at 1531 Hrs today.
« Last Edit: September 09/22/21, 07:54:06 AM by Rebel SS »

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Gonna be a nice day.  70 I think.  Caught 4 saugers last night.  No walleyes yet.  Not much flow in the river this year.  That makes a difference.  Will have fish for supper tonight.  Sounds great.  Will make my own tartar sauce that I got from a friend.  1 part sweet relish, 1 part dill relish, 1 part mayo or miracle whip.  I will use Avocado Mayo.   :happy1: :happy1:  Should be great!  May toast some bakery bread and have sandwiches.  We shall see what the wife wants.   :sleazy:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin guys, 45* here when I headed for the boat & we're shootin for 70*. Got back here 'bout 1 yday & worked on getting the oil changed in the mowers. Checked the neighbor's fancy rain gauge, he's back in the metro again since Monday pm, & he had .88". So with what we had Sunday night/Monday morning we had 1.36". Went for a boat ride last night after the wind went down too. Nothin pressing here today so I may be forced  :scratch: into going back out :fishing:;) :laugh: :laugh: Hopin your Wednesday's a good 1!!
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 41 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-60's. Nothing pressing on the slate for most of the day. Got a guy coming ~6 to get a buck lamb so need to be around for that. Dealt with him back in June & he was a dick. Didn't show up when he said then tried to jerk us around on price. Called me last nite & acted like I was supposed to drop everything so he could come to get this critter, today, then acted like it was really putting him out to wait until 6 o'clock. Really? Ready for him tho. My inner Clint is pretty easy to channel at times like these. Wouldn't be the first guy I've booted off my yard and probably won't be the last, effin' clown...🤡   
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 41 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-60's. Nothing pressing on the slate for most of the day. Got a guy coming ~6 to get a buck lamb so need to be around for that. Dealt with him back in June & he was a dick. Didn't show up when he said then tried to jerk us around on price. Called me last nite & acted like I was supposed to drop everything so he could come to get this critter, today, then acted like it was really putting him out to wait until 6 o'clock. Really? Ready for him tho. My inner Clint is pretty easy to channel at times like these. Wouldn't be the first guy I've booted off my yard and probably won't be the last, effin' clown...🤡   
Please post a video, I need the entertainment.

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 51 here this AM heading for mid 70s today last I seen. Did a little putzing and shooting my bow last night. Otherwise just another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning,gents,chilly out the door this morning,42 degrees,heavy dew,not much longer  frost.

week is winding down,good day to all.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 45 here this morning and hoping for 70 again today.. got my run to Alex done yesterday and a few other things too..  got a few things to do today..  but no rush!!  have a good day all!!!   :happy1:

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Greetings from deer camp. Drove up yesterday to chase grouse with my brother headed back home in a bit. Got one, put 52 miles on the side by side. Have a great day, late..... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Nice leaf change...how far along are they, percentage  wise?

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I'm seeing more color when I out riding the bike and there is some great color's too..  as for percentage I can't say because so many are not showing vibrant color's..  the lack of rain has really changed it.. The sumac's are really showing some color for some reason...

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
No change down here yet. I love the Fall sumac's. Hillsides full of 'em (goat prairies) down here that are just ablaze with 'em. I made some Sumac tea three years ago out of just turned sumac berries...long process. Wasn't too good, but supposed to cure whatever ails ya according to a buddy of mine who is a Native American.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin all,47* here last I checked & headed towards 71*,I'm hearin. Kept 2 :fish2: today. :happy1: I too was checking the tree colors out last night out on the main lake & they're starting to look pretty  :cool:. We might be getting close to peak here :scratch:, I do know that it won't take too much & most of ours will be on the ground IMO. Got a couple little things in my sights for starters & then :confused:. Have a good day!!
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 40 was the low at choretime heading for a high in the low 70's. Had a nice lunch yesterday with roony and he even bought!  :happy1: Got rid of the sheep guy and the buck lamb after some gymnastics physically on my part. I can't believe he actually owns sheep. Anyone who does should know how to move them around. He was worthless. Had to tell him what to do, where to stand, when to open a gate, etc. Did not have a concept. Must've seen I was getting pissed tho cuz he didn't try to work me over on the price. He was hauling some other animals too. The buck lamb I stuffed in the front of his trailer was nasty mean. I got a feeling the poor little pygmy goat in that compartment got worked over instead. I tended the garden after that, ate a few snap peas then repaired to the house for HH. Wife who is out in MA texted me saying I should just be glad the guy was off the place. Texted her back that another 15 minutes of that crap and he wouldn't have been.   

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Hope they keep the northern border open for you. I think you need some R&R!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Good that you survivied the guy Dotch.  Another nice day here.  Got some more firewood cut yesterday.  A big elm I dropped right on our atv trail.  Got most of it cleaned up yesterday but the big trunk end is still waiting for me to attack it.  Can drive through the area again as it is  so that's good.  Hard as a rock.  Will split up nice.  Lots of heat too.  May hit the grocery store too and do some recycling whilst on the move.  Cooper and Buddy love it.  Therefore I do too!   :sleazy:  You all have a good day. 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Semper Fi boys!!!   :clap: :happy1:

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
 :happy1: :happy1: Morning boys. 58 here this morning heading for 61 today. Slight chance of rain this AM. Plan to head out bow hunting after work today. Yippy. First sit of the season for me. Otherwise just another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 57 and some rain..  not sure how much we will get...  going for 61 today and a bit windy too..  I did get a nice bike ride in yesterday and seen some fall color..  got the one shed ramp took apart and rebuild too..  have a good day all!!  and good luck JB hunting!!!   :happy1: