Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4903531 times)

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin all, 60* for us & goin for 70* here again. Got back here around 2 yday, messed around a bit then turned on the baseball game. It wasn't much of a game for very long so I went out  :fishing:. Did find 1 small eye that was hungry, only 3-4 others out there too. Did have a little rain, 5-10 minutes, just before I went out & again not long after I got out there. More comin tonight they're sayin. Found a leaky fuel line on the sled when I started it last so that's my project today. Hopin your Friday's a good 1.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
May need to head into town, Menards, and grab a board to fix up the seats on a couple of bar stools I have. Got the yard vac running yesterday and sucked up a load of leaves. Think I may dig the brush mower out of the weeds and see how mad I can get at it. It's an electrical nightmare. Here's a couple more pictures of new garage of the inside and one of the landscaping on the South side of building. Pretty happy with the turnout, just hope the grass seed doesn't get washed away with a rain. Have a great day, later.... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
morning fellers.........doesnt look like rain according to the weather terrorists around here till tomorrow. gonna have a fire this afternoon to finish burning up my branches after i gave my big maple a good trimming!!!!!!! of course beer is a requirement with a fire....so there is that!!!!! :happy1: :rotflmao:

since its supposed to rain tomorrow plan with be to cook up the deer camp meals!!!!! venision neck roast and my world famous sketti!!!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Roast AND sketti?? :scratch: Yer gonna be a fat (er) liddle feller aintcha?  ;)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Roast AND sketti?? :scratch: Yer gonna be a fat (er) liddle feller aintcha?  ;)
naw i'll wear that off dragging deer.........to my wheeler........ :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

and that is 2 seperate meals!!!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
OK; here's a question for Gunner: any idea why the local news stations here continually shows whats happening in Iowegia Iowa?! Headlines are more often than not about Mason City (Bart's clubhouse?) and other Iowa towns! I thought we had what little LOCAL NEWS there is to be heard on the local stations....this was the leading story this am I saw over cawfee on TV...WTH?!
I guess for Iowa news, tune in to CAWchester TV..... :bonk:

https://www.kaaltv.com/iowa-news/birdsalls-ice-cream-renovation/6263504/?cat=10151

https://www.kaaltv.com/iowa-news/waste-brush-pile-to-smolder-for-several-days-after-fire/6263726/?cat=10151
« Last Edit: October 10/08/21, 09:48:44 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
markn,
Great job on the shed. Both inside and out. Many people just ignore the outside and years later it still looks like nothing has been done to the area around it.  Let me know how the grass seed does next spring as it's pretty late for fall seeding.
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: Not sure, Reb, but we used to have to watch a MN channel to get any Iowa news as ALL KIMT covers anymore is Rochester. We just got away from Direct TV in the last year or so & finally can get the Waterloo(NBC) channel again. Used to get another CBS 1 too out of Cedar Rapids as well. :pouty:

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Agree with D.E..markn,so far your man cave is looking well organized,sweet setup...

with all the room ya have,maybe setup a "Terry Jordan" trap shooting wall chart to practice dry firing over a trap house,boring as hell but benifical on off season just add some mood music and do 50-100 reps every night,sure helps come spring marathon shoots.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: Not sure, Reb, but we used to have to watch a MN channel to get any Iowa news as ALL KIMT covers anymore is Rochester. We just got away from Direct TV in the last year or so & finally can get the Waterloo(NBC) channel again. Used to get another CBS 1 too out of Cedar Rapids as well. :pouty:

Thanks Gunner. I need to get away From DirecTV too with $89 a month for just basic being a crock of  :bs:.
Same old movies over and over and over every nite.
« Last Edit: October 10/08/21, 10:42:19 AM by Rebel SS »

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 61 & foggy at choretime heading for a high in the mid-70's. .05" of rain in the past 24 hrs. at the ranch & .01" in Bugtussle. More soil sampling on tap for today. Trying to stay ahead of the manure haulers and small armies of tillage operators some of these guys have. Also trying to meet some of the special requests. Starting to feel like I work at Burger King...special orders don't upset us  :rolleyes:

Gunner: I hope you watched Bart's Clubhouse back in the day!  :happy1:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, a hazy morning, and rain in the forecast too...  not much on the agenda today so I'm ok with that..   next week I need to get to the lumber yard and get green treated decking boards..  time to repair a couple ramps to my sheds...    have a good day all!!    :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers......looks like a nice start to the day!!!!!! road tri[ to my friends to deliver him his horseradish, and i'll donate some pickled and smoked fish. he's giving me a sweet deal to store my boat. SEE.....i do have friends the like me!!!!! :mooning: :mooning: :rolleyes:

momma left me unsupervised again today!!!!!!! :pouty: :evil: :rotflmao:

Dotch.........gunner still watches Bart on sesame street!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :nerd: :super smiley: :super smiley: :laughroll: :laughroll:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin peoples 64 when the pooches and I went for a stroll, had to wear a high vis vest so the street racers could see us. Not much on tap today get my tires rotated, replace the kitchen faucet then maybe chop some leaves this afternoon.  Have a great Saturday gents!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 58 at choretime heading for another high in the low 80's. Another gorgeous Augtober day! Gotta soil sample some acres & submit the lab paperwork this a.m. then time for more harvest here at the ranch. Pumpkins & squash are on the slate then we'll see what else we can get into. Scoop up a few screenings over at the kindly neighbor's. Neighbor Jon ran his bin dryer last nite for the first time this season. Dayim I sleep like a rock when he gets that thing cranked up!  😴
« Last Edit: October 10/09/21, 08:43:58 AM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Good mornin boys, 56* here with .6" in the gauges, & the upper 60's looks to be the high for the day. They had a good crowd(40-45 :scratch:) at the meat raffle last night, no winners in our group. Already have some clothes on the line, got a couple more things on my sights but we'll see. Oh yeah Dotch, it was a staple & we often heard that Dad actually went to school with Bart in Eyota where his mom lived. What channel is that on :scratch:, glenn?  :tut::mooning:                 ;) :rotflmao: :rotflmao: 'Bout it for now, have a good day!
« Last Edit: October 10/09/21, 08:40:42 AM by Gunner55 »

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
markn,
Great job on the shed. Both inside and out. Many people just ignore the outside and years later it still looks like nothing has been done to the area around it.  Let me know how the grass seed does next spring as it's pretty late for fall seeding.

Now that you mention it DE I guess I got caught up in the moment and just kept on going Wednesday night. I did cover part of the seeding with black plastic in hopes it's not a complete failure. Oh well, I've done dumber things. Taking my bride out for breakfast this morning so have a great day all, later.. :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  It is a nice wet fall day here.  I like walking through the woods when it is so quiet.  We barely got any rain but it is still real wet.  Supposed to get some later today and tomorrow.  Gonna do some putzing around today and watch the Gophers.  Will have to make this Bloody Mary mix that is all the rave now too!  Looking forward to it.  Will go good with some Sky vodka.   :sleazy:  Just looked and the Gophers are supposed to be on ESPN2 but don't see them on here.  They just lost me as a fan.  That will hurt them.  LOL  Well you all have a great day

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I see they are on Pac-12.  Hope they have fun.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
What Gopher team were you looking for Barry? Gopher football is idle, hockey plays at 5 on Bally sports north & women's VB plays tonite on BTN+.

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Yeah, I thought the game was on, and SWMBO informed me it was next week.   

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 61 at choretime heading for a high in the low 70's. Slopped the cows and milked the pigs so now it's time to head out on the cruise. Interesting to see if there's any color after the breezy conditions yesterday. Big wind coming Wed. sounds like so better look now. Otherwise nothing too earthshattering. Until tomorrow of course, after farmers have had the whole weekend to dream up lord knows what. Gonna enjoy the day in the meantime.  :happy1:

Offline weareacouple

• Outdoorsman
Good Morning All,
It looks like a nice day shaping up
Going to try to get a motorcycle ride in before my husband gets back
Be safe everyone

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gang, 56* for our start, & we may get to 66* later. It looks like we got close to another .6" overnight & it sounds as if we have more comin early this afternoon. Went out after lunch yday & got a little wet before I came in ~ 2. Got 1 20" nord that had some shoulders so it went in the box. Lots of leaves down here the last couple days too but it'll be too wet to mess with them today. We get a little wind & the rest will be droppin fast. That's it from this neck of the woods, hopin your Sunday's a good 1!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, we did get some rain last night!!  they said 1 to 2 inches and my rain gauge had 2.35 inches in it...  well the wedding yesterday was moved inside but it could have been done outside as the rain held off for that..  but all said and done it was a very good day...  now to see what today brings!!!   have a good day all!!   :happy1:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers.......had 1 inch in the gauge this morning!!!!!! getting closer to tuesday.....then back nort!!!!!!!! :happybounce: :happybounce: :party1: :dancinred:

gonna putter around today!!!!!!!!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Just got back in from the camper.  Had a great fire last night and had a good time.  We had rain on and off all night that is fun when sleeping out there.  Ended up with an inch.  Thought it would be more than that.  I thought the Gophers were supposed to play football against Nebraska yesterday.  Must not have looked at the date close enough.  It is going to be Glenn's  Bloody Mary's and baby backs on the smoker today.  With some potato salad too.  Will be a fun Vikes game either way that it could turn out.  The plot thickens.  It used to wreck my whole week when the Vikes lost a game.  Not anymore.  You all have a great Sunday!  Oh ya Glenn, I caught your dogs brother drinking out of the toilet this morning.  Don't where he picked up that disgusting idea???

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
lets see...   water dog drink...  yup it's a lab!!!   

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Just got back in from the camper.  Had a great fire last night and had a good time.  We had rain on and off all night that is fun when sleeping out there.  Ended up with an inch.  Thought it would be more than that.  I thought the Gophers were supposed to play football against Nebraska yesterday.  Must not have looked at the date close enough.  It is going to be Glenn's  Bloody Mary's and baby backs on the smoker today.  With some potato salad too.  Will be a fun Vikes game either way that it could turn out.  The plot thickens.  It used to wreck my whole week when the Vikes lost a game.  Not anymore.  You all have a great Sunday!  Oh ya Glenn, I caught your dogs brother drinking out of the toilet this morning.  Don't where he picked up that disgusting idea???
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: havent caught shadow doing that..but just about everything else under the sun!!!!!!!! :doah: :banghead: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning fellers,last evening and this morning finally feels like fall,49degrees out the door,typical monday morning with folks running late for work playing indy 500 on our freeway's.

good day to all...