Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4953372 times)

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 30 at choretime heading for a high around 60. For all practical purposes the growing season has come to an end. Surprisingly tho, most vegetation appears to have escaped relatively unscathed. After I down some oatmeal, think I'll fill some birdfeeders then start my "glenn day" & putz. Make a run to town for some items so I can get ready for a Canadian expedition. Got my nasal swab quick test (brain tickler) scheduled for Tuesday after checking with Canadian customs to make doubly damn sure it was acceptable. Prolly can soil sample a field nearby if they got it all picked. They were on the long rounds yesterday so unless they broke down it should be off. 
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
The garden plants that weren't covered got hit hard here. I know, I know, I always get the most frost.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Why yes, yes you do. I see they recorded 28 for a low at the Waseca airport, yet only 30 in Owatonna & a balmy 36 at Albert's Leaf. Just made a trip around the yard tending to some odds and ends. A little breeze now so it still feels purty chilly out there. We got spoiled when we were still wearing shorts 2 weeks ago.  :rolleyes: 
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
75* and sunny are the morjit's predics for Monday here, even though it was 38* this am with frost on the rooftops....still bikini wedder down here in the banana belt.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Speaking of frost...I could DEFINATELY get into this!! WHEEEEEE!!!!  :happy1:

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
That would be fun.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, yup that would be fun!!  35 here and going for 65 today..  it was a nice day yesterday over all..  got a few things going on today but the bike will be out later for sure..  and the next couple days too..  have a good day all!!    :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 39 here heading for mid 60s today. Another nice morning to be in a tree stand.  Still waiting for big Hank. Totes are tipping this morning. Some to the NW and some to the SE of me. I think there are to many of them around. Surprised we haven't seen them in the yard yet. I will hunt this morning then go sight in the grandson's new rifle and put up a couple more stands for the youth hunt next weekend. Starts on Thursday. Well, you boys have a good one. Just another day in paradise.

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Dotch, I hope you don't get the lucky draw when crossing the border. Every so many people get drawn to take a Rona test when they cross the border.

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
30 degrees this morning. Shaping up to be a nice day. Peppers survived night before last so I hope they did again, bless the warden for covering them. My incision is still pretty sore so I'm taking it pretty easy.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin guys, 39* now & shootin for 64*, they're sayin. Got some clothes on the line a few minutes ago. Pretty nice out yday early so I jumped in the boat & went out ~50-60 yds where I found some hungry crappies. Some smaller males that came from pretty deep water (25'+) so I kept 'em. Probably see how they're feelin this mornig too. Awfully windy yday afternoon here or I'd of went out lookin for a few walleyes as well. Not much else now, have a good day!!
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Well we got the trenching project done yesterday.   Was so nice that the wife helped.  It went pretty smooth.  I still have more dragging to do to get it all level again but I enjoy doing that.  Looking forward to the Vikes game and then may be get some fishing in afterwards.  Pretty calm here now.  Was 32 this morning and up to 38 now.  Have sausage and eggs cooking now.  Later boys

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 32 for a low heading for a high in the upper 60's. Putzing again so far today. Cleaned up the kitchen & brushed Ruby. Auntie Mar Mar should arrive after lunch so need to clean up the Stude before then. White walls are a fright after running on some wet pavement last weekend... :rolleyes:

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents,chilly one at that,43 degrees out the door....felt good to catch up on sleet last night,long tireless weekend pheasant hunting....mixed bag of big northern greenheads and rooster's.

My pup decided to breast out a mallard whilst sitting in back of the truck,he was crappin feather's for two days...

To make thing's worse sunday rolling back into town I picked up groceries including a dandy 2lb pot roast,two day's of brats n burger's in camp I was ready for a good ole roast beef and veggie supper,my locaL home is only 3 miles from our shopping center,pup in the back seat with groceries,in the time it took me to drive home,my boy found the roast and woolfed it down not making a sound....so he had time out for a few hours,little rascal was passing that roast with feathers all day...ugh.
« Last Edit: October 10/18/21, 08:13:16 AM by snow1 »

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 43 here and going towards 73 today!!  another nice day today!!  got a decent bike  ride in yesterday, 80 miles, and will do it again today..  got a few things done yesterday too, including burning the branches that have fallen off the tree's..  so I had a couple beers too!!  have a good day all!!   :happy1:

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 41 here heading for 70 today they are claiming. Was a nice day yesterday. Hardly no wind. No deer were harmed this weekend. I hunted in the morning yesterday then after some breakfast and chores the wife and I went and put up a couple more ladder stands for the grandkids for the youth hunt this coming weekend. I go and pick them up tomorrow evening. Otherwise back to the salt mines for a 3 day week this week. Have a good one boys.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. Looking forward to the day.  Gonna be a nice one.  I went our yesterday and kept 5 nice fish.  One a perch.  Caught a few of them this fall.  Have only caught 2 perch in 15 years in the river until this year.  Hope they keep coming upriver.  They taste great too.  Have a lot of running around town to do today so the dogs like that.  May get out on the river this afternoon for awhile I hope.  Snow if I put groceries in my truck beside Cooper the groceries would be toast.  LOL  I put them in the back of my truck to be safe.  Buddy would be fine but not Cooper.  Have a good one.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin all, 45*here & lookin like we may get a little north of 70* later. Took the boat out for a couple spins again yday & even found a couple more hungry crappies. Finished puttin the mower deck for the Husqvarna to bed yday too, so now I can putz away at gettin the blower on. Which will wait until it isn't so nice out. 'Bout it here, hopin your Monday's a good 1!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning folk. 43* here headed for 73*. Plan was to start mowing up leaves, but they aren't coming down much...and apple tree is still fully green. Maples aren't dropping much yet. I'm thinking it's gonna be a real late leaf year...as in snow on top of the leaves. Figgered with the drought, they'd drop early this year. No such luck. Woke up with a bad headache, gut ache, and backache.... :censored: so looks like I'll be takin' it easy. Mowin' leaves can wait. Have a good one guys.

Offline GrandpaTom

• Master Outdoorsman
Good morning!!!  Have a great day! I probably won't head to the river this morning, maybe a little later though.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
There's always time for fishin'.  :fishing:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Too warm for deer hunting and besides the bucks weren't chasing yet as of yesterday.  Things should heat up this coming weekend.
Got to finish any leftover yard work before snow hits.  :rotflmao:
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 42 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-70's. Mrs. Cheviot & I went for a ride in the Stude with Auntie Mar Mar & Unkie Gregory yesterday afternoon. Stopped at the orchard again & had caramel apple sundaes. Then went on reconnaissance to see where guys had fields harvested so we can soil sample them. Mar Mar had never been to the booming metropolis of Meriden so we took in the sights there. Got home, extracted ourselves from the car, loaded their vehicle with veggies in exchange for goodies & sent them on their way. Squeezed a nap in before chores then hauled some cats down to Mar Mar's sister after dark. Fun day but wore me out.

Bummer about Thelma Lou. All our favorites are getting old. Clint Eastwood is 91, Raquel Welch & Chuck Norris are both 81 & Adrienne Barbeau is 76. Most of the folks from Gunsmoke & Bonanza are dead.     

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
well HELLO fellers............... :sleazy: :sleazy: :smoking: :evil: i'm back to civilization............. gotta catch up later though!!!! :sleazy: :sleazy:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: So........................ that's why it got nicer than what they said it would today. ;) :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
:scratch: So........................ that's why it got nicer than what they said it would today. ;) :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh:
:mooning: :mooning: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Dandy morning fellers,clear as a bell,53 degrees,anyone catch the full moon rising at 7pm last night,so bright out we played horse shoes w/o yard light on.

Just for Dotch,KQ this morning proclaimed today is national G & T  day....lol.

good day to all.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all all, 47 here going for 69..  managed to get the bike out yesterday, after having to charge the battery..  it's over 5 years old so for a bike that's not to bad..  might get a new battery today..  other than that just a few things to do here today, including cleaning out the pellet smoker..  have a good day all!!   :happy1:

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 51 and only heading to maybe mid 50s today. NW wind pretty strong already on the way into work this morning. I will be done with work at 1:45 today. Going down to Akeley to meet the daughter to get the grandkids. Went and sighted in the grandson's new rifle last night. It is a savage axis 2 in a 270 win. Once I had it dialed in the group could be covered with a quarter. Nice shooting gun. Thinking tomorrow after work I can take him out to shoot it some. Well, just another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.