Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4950449 times)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
yea Gunner always kinda bittersweet when boat meets trailer in the fall!!!!!!! :pouty:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  We are going to do some stocking up on supplies today.  And our boat may also meet the trailer again today or tomorrow.  It is bittersweet!  SO I have caught 2 perch in 16 years here on the river until this year.  This year I have caught about a dozen of them.  No walleyes or saugers yesterday but 5 perch.  I kept 4 nice ones.  I hope they keep coming upriver.  They taste great too.  Had a nice fire last night.  Mayhaps one tonight too but mother nature will determine that.  Well have a nice Saturday.  Good luck JB.

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Good Morning all. Back to heating. I dont know what people are paying for non contracted LP in this area. I paid 1.59 for my winter fills. I also plan on using a lot more firewood in the shop than I have been in recent years. In our home we use the pellet stove a lot in our kitchen/sitting area which beats trying to keep thst whole old farmhouse warm.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Just saw a face cord of firewood is selling for anywhere between $150-$200
down here, due to the LP  hike. Anyone with a lot of dead wood could make a fortune this year.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Any idea what kind of wood it is Reb??

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Good Morning all. Back to heating. I dont know what people are paying for non contracted LP in this area. I paid 1.59 for my winter fills. I also plan on using a lot more firewood in the shop than I have been in recent years. In our home we use the pellet stove a lot in our kitchen/sitting area which beats trying to keep thst whole old farmhouse warm.
are these corn burners still a thing?? Driving up in northern Minnesota there are alot of those wood boilers going.
« Last Edit: October 10/30/21, 09:52:12 AM by glenn57 »

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
I can burn pellets or corn, i prefer the pellets and corn is kind of high right now also. For wood I burn a lot of elm. When they die and the bark falls the pieces 8 inches diameter and less are quite dry already when I attack it with the chainsaw.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Any idea what kind of wood it is Reb??
Ya, mostly mixed...or ya can get oak for $300........ :shocked:

You'd think with the literally thousands of Ash trees the city took down, it would be cheap!

Just for fun, one of my favorite poems...

The Firewood Poem:

By Lady Celia Congreve
Published in the Times: March 2nd 1930

Beechwood fires are bright and clear
If the logs are kept a year.
Chestnut’s only good they say,
If for logs ’tis laid  away.

Make a fire of Elder tree,
Death within your house will be.
But ash new or ash old,
Is fit for a queen with crown of gold

Birch and fir logs burn too fast,
Blaze bright and do not last.
It is by the Irish said,
Hawthorn bakes the sweetest bread.

Elm wood burns like churchyard mould,
E’en the very flames are cold.
But ash green or ash brown,
Is fit for a queen with golden crown

Poplar gives a bitter smoke,
Fills your eyes and makes you choke.
Apple wood will scent your room,
Pear wood smells like flowers in bloom.

Oaken logs, if dry and old,
Keep away the winter’s cold.
But ash wet or ash dry,
A king shall warm his slippers by.

__________ oOo __________

Firewood prices here:

https://rmn.craigslist.org/for/d/plainview-firewood/7395204514.html

https://rmn.craigslist.org/grd/d/rochester-firewood-for-sale/7390254240.html

https://rmn.craigslist.org/for/d/lanesboro-firewood/7394748031.html
« Last Edit: October 10/30/21, 10:39:48 AM by Rebel SS »

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
I'm not real fussy about what I burn. The best firewood I've ever used was locust, it burned dang near like coal. I have a few scattered trees in my windbresk.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 31 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-50's. Absolutely gorgeous day. Made a feed run & unloaded it then brought some of the last of the Canadian excursion stuff in the house. Need to get some groceries then I can get at some other small projects until the Gophers game. Better get at it or I'll have to change this to afternoon gang!  :azn:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
well got the mower/snowblower home and ready for the snow...   :thumbs:

got my spear shack home too and cleaning it up to sell..  had it home less than 2 hours yesterday and somebody seen it and stopped..  sounds like he wants to buy it too!!!  one more thing taken care of!!! 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
You giving up spear chucking??? :confused:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
You giving up spear chucking??? :confused:

just selling the shack, still have all my gear...  and my portable shack... 

this a semi sleeper shack I made into a spear house..  2X4 hole, stereo, fan, lights and heater on a wheel frame.. 
« Last Edit: October 10/30/21, 01:14:12 PM by mike89 »

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 31 this morning and going for 41 today..  didn't fire up the mower yesterday, still have time to do that if I want to later..  not sure what I have going today but I'll find out as the day progress's!  have a good day all!!   :happy1:

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 36 here and going into the mid 40s I think today. Fired up the wood boiler yesterday. The floors are nice and warm this morning. Looking like 30s for highs the first half of the week. Last morning sitting in the bow stand. Hoping to see something. Rain chased me in just before 11:30 yesterday. Well, just another day in paradise. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Got the boat out and will tuck it in today.  Like JB said highs in the 30's and 40% chance of rain till Thursday.  What a switch.  Now it is deer camp in my sights.  Still need to turn the floating dock and pull the roll in up further on shore.  Gonna have perch and eggs for breakfast this morning.  Don't like the Vikes playing at 7 tonight.  That is way too late.  Sure hoping we beat the Cowboys.  Have a good one.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents, 35* here & we may sneak a little above 40* later. Pretty glenn-like  ;) :smiley: yday early here but the wind went down as it started(~9) to go SW & eventually NW where it is now. So while it was down we pulled the boat & got it in the garage by around 10:30. We'll put her to bed Monday or Tuesday probably. I did a little dock prep work too, while my brother was changing the lower unit. No more now, enjoy your day!!
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers....didnt get Gunner like here  :sleazy: till late afternoon and it rained leaves.  i'll be doing that later.

no vikings game today for me.........frickin games these outfits play........ :angry2: :angry2: :censored:

headed nort to get dat turdy pointer thursday!!!!  :happy1: :happy1: not sure how long i'm staying!!!!!!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 32 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-40's. A putz day after overachieving yesterday. May have to pencil a nap into my busy schedule  :cool:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers....didnt get Gunner like here  :sleazy: till late afternoon and it rained leaves.  i'll be doing that later.

no vikings game today for me.........frickin games these outfits play........ :angry2: :angry2: :censored:

headed nort to get dat turdy pointer thursday!!!!  :happy1: :happy1: not sure how long i'm staying!!!!!!!
:pouty: Want some cheese AGAIN today?  :scratch: :doah:                    :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

:pouty: Want some cheese AGAIN today?  :scratch: :doah:                    :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh:
as long as its good cheese.....you betcha!!!!!!! :sleazy: :mooning: :rotflmao: the spring lake store has some really good pepper jack cheese.......iffin your buying!!!!! :nerd: :nerd: :nerd:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: They got any with ghost peppers in it? :sleazy: :evil:                :smiley:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :snow3: here & comin pretty good too!! :crazy:
« Last Edit: October 10/31/21, 11:34:29 AM by Gunner55 »

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Just a short squall!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Just a short squall!!
you where with a short squaw. :scratch: :confused: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :mooning:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Got my floating dock turned parallel to shore and the roll in dock pulled up on shore and boat all done.  So I was reading the DNR CWD info and was telling the wife that there is a deer covid area by where  Glenns cabin is and there is one south of Kelliher.  I showed her the maps.  She looks at me and says "so deer get covid?"    :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:    I was telling her covid instead of CWD. 

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
good one LPS!!   :rotflmao:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
X2!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

hey at least you know she was paying attention.......this time!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1:

yea the CWD thing is in both zones we hunt, 169, thats the cabin zone and 197, the leech lake reservation, where i hunt!!!!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
neat article on the home page!!   :happy1: :happy1:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
X2!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

hey at least you know she was paying attention.......this time!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1:

yea the CWD thing is in both zones we hunt, 169, thats the cabin zone and 197, the leech lake reservation, where the hit :deer: are good at getting away!!!!
There, I fixed it for you!!  :sleazy: :nerd: :nerd: :evil:           :tut: :mooning:          :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh: