Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4958868 times)

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :pouty: :tut: Think I was up there last. :mooning:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin folks,dandy start out the door 45 degrees light warm southeast breeze,I'll take it.

It's national guinness world record day....fyi incase anyone has it goin on.
« Last Edit: November 11/17/21, 06:42:46 AM by snow1 »

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 30 here and that sounds like it might not get any warmer to speak of...  sure is windy this morning too!!  got to take the car for some new stopping power, almost hitting the rivets..  get some supplies while I'm there too.  have a good day all!!   :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 26 and windy as all get out this morning. Talking some snow to mix in with the wind to today. That should make for some fun driving. Got that ball valve changed last night. Not the easiest job, but not as bad as I thought it would be. I see a little water around the one fitting yet this AM. I will try to tighten up the hose clamps on the plastic pipe and see if that helps. An update on the ole eye surgery. It is all healed up and doing good for the most part. It has been irritated off and on the last couple of weeks. Had the last follow up appointment at the eye doc yesterday and he said that there is a stitch on the cornea. He can't remove it. Said I will need to go back to GF to have them remove it. So I will call down there later this AM and find out. Otherwise just another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
good to hear JB!!   :happy1:

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Got deer cut up last night so that job is done for another year....unless we get lucky during muzzleloader. Going to do my hide run this morning instead of Thursday because we may get a truck here today to pick up what we have. Later... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I'm also heading out to collect hides and then off to the farm to salt and stack them. I believe markn's chapter does "green" hides where the buyer picks up the unsalted hides about once a week.  We salt the hides and stack on pallets. The buyer picks them all up sometime early January. The difference is the amount of work and the price per hide.  Obviously salting and stacking is more work than green but you get more $$ for salted hides.
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
morning fellers............looks like a mess your hair up day outside today!!!!!! need some stuff........so a st cloud run is on tap for later!!!!!!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Good for both of you to go through the work on those hides.   :happy1: Windy here and 29 so feels warm.  Got some running around to do today but not much else so far.  The chili I made turned out great.  I could darn near have some for breakfast but I won't.  ???   I can't get the ol Ford in till right after Thanksgiving so will just have to wait.  No big deal.  Will be great to have it done.  You all have a good one and don't try to break any Guinness records unless it is Guinness beer drinking...   :sleazy:

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
LOL LP, I  remember vaguely those beer drinking days....ugh...It was grainbelt ponies ice cold on hot summer day's and into the night parties,no records set back then but alot of fun I think?

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 36 at choretime heading for a high in the low 40's. Was dead calm earlier but see the trees starting to move here in town. Wind is supposed to pick up to 20 mph w/gusts up to 35. Sure blew yesterday. Lotsa gusts over 40 mph at Owatonna. SE wind cleaned all the leaves off the road cut and deposited them in the yard where I can grind them up. Hopefully it doesn't blow them back where they came from first. Mrs. Cheviot arrived home last nite. Maybe I can get her to grind up the leaves. Ya right... :doah: 
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin,fellers,brisk is the word out the door this morning 25 degrees/blustry,spittin snow.,week is winding down fast...

good day to all.

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Headed to Brainerd this morning to drop off our hides. Glad I put new tires on the trailer last month. After that not sure what is going to happen, it's coldish outside. Have a grat day all, laterr........ :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, still windy here..  24 and might see 28..  not sure what I have going today..  have to see...  good travels to ya Mark..  seems like the maple tree has finally let go with the leaves overall..   maybe I can get the gutters cleaned out tomorrow!!  have a good day all!!   :happy1:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. Windy as heck here this morning.  21 here.  That may be a little chilly today.  Will start a fire in the garage today and putz out there for awhile.  Not much else going on and that is ok with me. 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers..........went out to sweep of the dusting of snow on the deck........yep windy as all get out.  :pouty: i trip to moms is in order today, guess she's got some projects for me.

momma bailed on me again today. guess she's going wedding dress shopping with the granddaughter?????? they aint getting married till sometime in 2022  :scratch: :scratch: :scratch: All i wanted to know is if the dress is camo or blaze orange!!!! :happy1: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: 

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin all, 29* on this side of the border & we may hit 34*. We started down the driveway ~ 5:30 yday & got off I 35 in Clear Lake just before noon. The grass is still green down here, we came down 169 to Princeton again & that's where the snow really started to disappear. By the time we hit Lakeville it was all gone. We had some lunch in Mason city, got some cheap gas($3.07), grabbed a few goodies at Aldi's, & back here pretty close to 2. Got a couple errands to run early today so I better roll. Have a good day!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin all, 29* on this side of the border & we may hit 34*. We started down the driveway ~ 5:30 yday & got off I 35 in Clear Lake just before noon. The grass is still green down here, we came down 169 to Princeton again & that's where the snow really started to disappear. By the time we hit Lakeville it was all gone. We had some lunch in Mason city, got some cheap gas($3.07), grabbed a few goodies at Aldi's, & back here pretty close to 2. Got a couple errands to run early today so I better roll. Have a good day!!
:happy1: :happy1: glad you made it back safe.........NOW the northland and INGER can  breathe a sigh of relief!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :mooning:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. About the same weather as LPS here. Was planning to hunt today, but came into work for awhile since I ended up running to Grand forks yesterday afternoon to get that stitch out of my eye. Eye feels moucho gooder today. Almost didn't make it to work either. The ole ticker decided to wanted to whack out again. We were heading for the ER when it finally came back to a normal rate. A week ago Tuesday I had to go to the ER to have them stop and restart my ticker because it would not stop going crazy. Looks like we will be heading down to Rebs neck of the woods sometime down the road. I have a call scheduled with a cardiologist from there next Tuesday. Well, out of here at 11 to go hunt. Have a good one boys.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
:happy1: :happy1: glad you made it back safe.........NOW the northland and INGER can  breathe a sigh of relief!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :mooning:
:mooning: :tut: They said they were making plans to go back to Duluth again before 12/8. They wanted to model some new stuff from Victoria's store for you again, since you liked it SO MUCH :hubba: :wowza: last time. :sleazy: :nerd: :nerd: :evil:                            ;) :rotflmao: :rotflmao:               

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 27 & breezy at choretime heading for a high right around freezing. Occasional snowflakes for laughs.  More wind in store for today, sustained wind clocked at 23 mph gusting at times over 35. Blew some of the leaves back in the road cut but enough hung up in various places around the yard that it's tolerable. Ordering a new sediment bowl assembly for the 656 as the petcock on the original wants to drip when the gas is shut off, onto the starter. If you don't shut the gas off, then it drips out of the carburetor. To solve that issue, IH in their infinite wisdom resorted to an ignition key-controlled fuel shut off solenoid on the carburetor. They were frequently a problem too, either getting stuck shut so the tractor wouldn't start or stuck open like mine so the gas runs out of the carb. Can no longer find the solenoids so there ya have it. No wonder IH went tits up back in the 80's!  :rolleyes:   

Glad to hear about the eye JB. Not so much on the ticker. Our electric fence is always charged so if that would help, feel free to grab it!  ;)
« Last Edit: November 11/18/21, 10:22:26 AM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya good to hear the eye feels better JB.  Darn that ticker thing is scary.  Get that fixed!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
damn JB great on the eyeball, bummer on the ticker????? all the way to rochester??????? they got a pretty damn good heart system in st cloud!!!!!!!! :scratch:

so does this heart thing happen when your wife takes her clo........awe never mind!!!!!!!! :sleazy: :smoking: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Good to hear about the eye, they will get the heart problems under control too.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 25 here and might get to 39 today...  maybe get the gutters cleaned one last time today..  would be nice to have that done..  got that and a few other small things I can do out side today..  not much else going on so have a good day all!!   :happy1:

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin fellers,up early again,pup woke me around 3am with his ball ready to go on a walkie...caught the tail end of the lunar eclipse before the clouds rolled in...22 degrees out the door.

All youse guyz afield be safe...

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 20 here this morning heading for low 30s. South wind is starting to pick up. Out hunting this morning. Shot me a nice big doe at the end of shooting light last night.  :happy1: I am pretty much just hunting for big Hank now. Wife, daughter and grandson can fill the rest of the tags this weekend. Daughter and grandson should be up tonight hopefully. She was getting a sore throat yesterday. Well just another day in paradise. Have a good one boys.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
damn JB great on the eyeball, bummer on the ticker????? all the way to rochester??????? they got a pretty damn good heart system in st cloud!!!!!!!! :scratch:

so does this heart thing happen when your wife takes her clo........awe never mind!!!!!!!! :sleazy: :smoking: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
Well Glenn. I can't say that it hasn't ever happened.  :sleazy:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin boys, 24* now & will end up at 41*, I guess. I got all my runnin done yday early & when I stopped by the dentist they'd had a cancellation, so I went back at 2. Need to go back again in about a month too, as they're going to put a crown in then. Got a couple more places to go today early but not much else on the radar. Hopin your Friday's a good 1.
« Last Edit: November 11/20/21, 08:32:15 AM by Gunner55 »

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Headed to the landfill today to depose of half a pickup load of deer heads, rotten hides and legs that we have picked up in our Hides for Habitat boxes. Figure it should cost us about $75.00 to $100.00 to get rid of them this trip. Then it's off to the carwash again. When I was in Brainerd yesterday I called a gentleman in St. Cloud and ended up going there after we unloaded my trailer to pick up an acetylene torch set, complete for $400.00. Thought that was a decent price. Time to get to it, later.... :happy1: :happy1:
mm