Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4905773 times)

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, sure hope all had a good day yesterday!!!   it was a darn good day overall here!!!  I put up the new Christmas light on the corner of the garage and it looks nice, except the over all look is off balance..  so back to Ace and get one for the other other side!!!   :rotflmao:  19 here and hoping for 34 today!!!  have a good day all!!    :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  I thought I would get up before the wife and make coffee for a change.  16 degrees here.  Man our turkey turned out great.  One of the times we basted it we thought it sure looked done so we checked and it was 180.  Supposed to cook for another hour.  So we took it out and covered it whilst the dressing cooked.  That turned out great too.  Then we had Marie Callenders Dutch Apple Pie with French vanilla ice cream on top.  That was fantastic!!!  Will have that again.  So all in all it was a great success.  I will have one or all of the above for breakfast I'm thinking.  Not much going on today.  Will think of something.

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin forum fellas 22 here and cloudy it looks. Went to ma and pa's yesterday fir a feast, came home in the afternoon and had to watch Planes trains and automobiles,  great flick. Momma ordered a sectional fir the downstairs so think I'm gonna donate our old set to good will today, hop the fence later and grab some more ash from the neighbors to split up tomorrow morning.  Probably fire up the fireplace later for the Wild game, should be a good game against Winnipeg,  have a swell day fellas...See ya!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 12 for an overnite low, rose to 20 at choretime & heading for a high in the mid-30's. Relaxing day yesterday. The full complement of grilled turkey, stuffing, mashed taters, sweet taters, dressing, green bean casserole, cranberries, winter radishes & rolls from Auntie Mar Mar. Too full for pumpkin pie until the evening grazing session. Thankful for the Detroit football game. It was its usual boring, poorly played self. Absolutely no guilt about sleeping thru the last 2 quarters. Dumped the pumpkins in the pasture after that. Sheep haven't found them yet. Easier to hang out in the lot and grind away on the round bales. Need to pick up a prescription, grab a light that come in at Lowe's then get some feed in Hope.
« Last Edit: November 11/26/21, 08:29:43 AM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin guys, 20* for our start & I'm hearin 36* will be the high. We got back here right at 5 yday & we had quite a bit of company on the highway. Actually I was a bit surprised by how many vehicles from down here were heading north yet between Lyle & Austin ~ 4. No real plans yet, have to see what pops up.Hopin your Friday's a good 1.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
morning fellers......think i had to much fun yesterday  :pouty: :doah: leftovers up the wahzoo!!!!!!!!! oh well.........making soup today with the carcass. took out fish to smoke and pickle......... that should keep me outta trouble for a bit!!!!! just about go everyrhing cleaned up and put away!!! :happy1:

kid helped me load my spearhouse yesterday...... :happy1: :happy1:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
well my big maple tree is about to go bye bye...  the crew taking it down just showed up!!!  no more helicopters!!!  I hate to take it down but it has a crack right down the middle of the trunk...  and that scares me..  I don't need it to land on the house... 

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. Getting on here late this morning. Been busy working on sausage this morning. Got the smoker loaded and going. The kid and his wife will be up tonight, so we will have a turkey and fixings tomorrow. Lake is starting to ice up. Ice and open water, the wind is moving it around. Well back to the sausage grind. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
well my big maple tree is about to go bye bye...  the crew taking it down just showed up!!!  no more helicopters!!!  I hate to take it down but it has a crack right down the middle of the trunk...  and that scares me..  I don't need it to land on the house...

Geez mike,I had the same issue last spring,had a giant ash,maybe 100'er along my driveway,huge thick over hanging branch that hung over my neighbor's pole barn,after a big t-storm the weight of that branch caused a massive crack down the center of that monster tree,another storm would either cause that tree to wipe out the neighbors barn or possibly half of my house....asked my ins guy for help,said  "no way" had to wait for the damage to occure,$4k later....
« Last Edit: November 11/26/21, 11:36:07 AM by snow1 »

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman

Geez mike,I had the same issue last spring,had a giant ash,maybe 100'er along my driveway,huge thick over hanging branch that hung over my neighbor's pole barn,after a big t-storm the weight of that branch caused a massive crack down the center of that monster tree,another storm would either cause that tree to wipe out the neighbors barn or possibly half of my house....asked my ins guy for help,said  "no way" had to wait for the damage to occure,$4k later....
4 grand to cut a tree down? Want to buy a bridge?

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Yea that don't surprise me Roony. Besides, snow, he gotz lots of cash  :evil: :rotflmao:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
just over 4 hours and that tree is gone...  just a flat area of dirt left...   I'll seed it before a good snowfall..  sure changes the view!!!  but it will nice for mowing and snow blowing!!!  besides a lot less gutter cleaning!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

it wasn't as rotted as I thought but it was starting to rot at the base area...  so glad it's gone .... 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
You keep the wood or they haul it away for you  :scratch:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
You keep the wood or they haul it away for you  :scratch:

all I have now is a dirt spot in the yard..  if I would have kept the wood I mostly would have had to keep the whole tree and brush.. didn't need that much wood any way.. 

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Atta boy Mike, the gutters woulda been happy if ya done it earlier.. :happy1:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Atta boy Mike, the gutters woulda been happy if ya done it earlier.. :happy1:

me too!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, saying freezing drizzle in the area and it shows some on the radar..  but when I turned on the outside light I didn't see anything yet...  not sure what I have on the menu today..  so I guess it will one of those days I'll know what needs to be done when it gets here..  have a good day all!!   :happy1:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin peoples 27 and cloudy it looks. Gonna go grab the log splitter shortly , take care of the pile ash and maple and get it stacked alongside the garage.  Just maybe I'll get after the Xmas lights this afternoon,  if not there's always tomorrow.  See ya!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  A nice 20 here to start the day.  Need some oats for the horses so will take a run to Cenex for that today.  Gophers play at 3 so will watch that.  Not sure what else is up.  Will have some more turkey leftovers.  Couple more days and that won't be much fun anymore.  My fishing buddy that lives a mile upriver said he is going to check the ice on Sunday so that means he wants me to go with him.  Will be right here at my place that we check.  That also means brings rods and minnows along.  When we check we fish.  lol  Will be Coopers first time on solid ice if the wife lets him come along.  We shall play that one by ear. 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers........boober.........i already took care of my christmas lites!!!!!!!!........they stay in storage.........bah humbug!!!!!! :happy1: :rotflmao: wife bailed  on me again today, went to watch grandkids....i swear the cord is still attached!!!!!!1 :confused: :confused:

she also told me the engaged granddaughter and her fiancee went fishing yesterday........dang kids!!!! :rotflmao:

so LPS, when you go drown ninnows.......you ever chase them big nords with tipups??? or you just a roughfish guy????? :sleazy: :evil: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

speaking of some nords are going to be hitting the pickling and smoking brine this morning!!!!!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin all, 31* here & we'll push 50* again today. Gonna be a strong NW wind by mid-morning so it won't feel like 50*. Forgot the Hawkeyes played yday so that took most of my afternoon, watchin 'em win again. Probably have to see  :scratch: if the Gophers can keep it close with Bucky later today. A couple more things on the radar, if I got time. ;) :rolleyes:  :smiley: 'Bout it here, have a good 1!
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I get a nord here on the river once in a while.  Have even caught them out in the deeper water.  I haven't done the tip up thing in the bays but keep thinking I should try it.  Maybe once my new Polaris Ranger comes I will have to do more of those things.

Online Cooperman

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning all, getting the skid house ready for the lake today. Got it down on the shore now. Will be checking the ice in the bay today. Now that the water is cold, I can keep some slimmers for pickling. Maybe get some crappies?
Have a good day all!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning all, getting the skid house ready for the lake today. Got it down on the shore now. Will be checking the ice in the bay today. Now that the water is cold, I can keep some slimmers for pickling. Maybe get some crappies?
Have a good day all!
coopy, maybe you told us before, but what part of the state you at?????????

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 20 here and dead calm. Lake looks to be all ice covered now. See if the wind leaves it alone now. Kid and his wife showed up last night. Did the Glenn thing yesterday and made homemade turkey soup from the turkey we had last Saturday. It was nummy. Just like Glenn we freeze a bunch of it for later. More sausage making for today. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online Cooperman

• Master Outdoorsman
Have a good day all!

I’m between Walker, and Park rapids

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Have a good day all!

I’m between Walker, and Park rapids
we had some friends that lived in park rapids then moved this way. thinks like life happen and we are all over now. my wifes family had a friend of the family that was/is a doctor and he practiced in park rapids for a while.

i fished a wehn our friends where up there but i'll be darned if i can remember the name of it.

all the fish are now swimming in both pickling and smoking brine!!!!!! :happy1:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Afternoon gang! Had 30 at choretime, ~ 39 now & heading for the mid-40's this afternoon. Decided to tackle one of the light fixtures that conked out on the garage. What a miserable PITA that project turned out to be! The 5 originals came from Menards. Had one go bad a few years ago and was able to grab a new one at FF that was close and all the mounting brackets & hardware were identical. Prolly took me 20 minutes to install. This time? No have the originals at either FF or Menards anymore. Had to order thru Lowe's. Appearance was close but that was about it. Needed to improvise and borrow parts from the original fixture to make it work with the existing back plate. Took the better part of 2 hours w/all the dinking around required. At least the SOB worked when I flipped the switch. Be freezing squash this afternoon, watching the Gophers and the sheep eating their pumpkins.   :cool:

That is a beautiful area Coop! Enjoyed many days fishing in Cox Lake & Long Lost near Zerkel.  :happy1:

« Last Edit: November 11/27/21, 01:24:45 PM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Evening guys, glad to see Michigan and Gophers win....   

Sorry I haven't been around much.   Spent way too many hours at St Mary's.   Wife had some back trouble and got surgery.    Recovery wound up taking a good while longer than hoped for so I've been spending a lot of hours there.    But things are making progress and she should be home in a few days.