Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4961656 times)

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Nitrogen is also a bigger molecule so doesn't seep out as easily as regular air does. 

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Oddly enough,came across this tire pressure valve cap thingy this morning...if it works,good concept.

The Tire Pressure Detection Cap can monitor the tire pressure after installation.✅ Applicable to the car, motorcycle, bicycle, and so on.
🟢Green means normal.
🟡Yellow means the tire is flat.
🔴Red means that the tires are severely flat and you need to stop driving immediately.

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
27 degrees here this morning. Trying to decide if I want to venture to Duluth for some shopping. Really would like a different camera and Best Buy seems like the only option. I'm a touchy feely type of guy so no on-line shopping for me. Also should lay in some food one of these days.

Stay safe.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 32 at choretime, rising temps as we get into the evening hours. Made it to Zumbrota & back. Buck lambs were just as ornery about coming out of the trailer as they were going into it. Took the two guys there 10 minutes to get 13 head onto the deck. Just glad to have them gone. This morning we discovered the ewe we've been watching for several weeks had a set of triplets overnite. Cute little terds, 2 white ewes & a little black bucky. Good mother so far & tons of milk so she might be able to feed them all w/o our assistance. It's amazing how fast they grow once they get going. The one born a week ago looks gigantic already. Get my booster and flu shot this afternoon, right or wrong. Just another hassle to cross off the list IMO... :rolleyes:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Really would like a different camera and Best Buy seems like the only option.

Whatcha looking for?  It seem the point and shoot digital camera market is almost as dried up as film cameras.  With cameras on phones being so good now, there aren't a lot of options for point-and-shoot digital.  There are still plenty of SLR-sized digital cameras, but you have to be committed to the bit to lug one of those around.

Good luck.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Morning fellers, mam it's windy up this way, to hope the fishhouse stays in place overnight. :confused: weather terrorists are all over the place with wed and Thurs weather!! :doofus:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Balmy 37 degrees on the 15th of Dec at 6:15 am, weird.

Looks like a big change is coming  our way after tomorrow. Cold temps again. Only a couple more weeks and this snow could all disappear for all I care. I like a white Christmas.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents....a very soupy/foggy,drizzely morning...but 43 degrees degrees out the door,

Not sure if you guyz up north have this fog,but terrible driving conditions here in central minn...

this wind/rain forcasted should really knock this fresh snow pack down today.

happy "HUMP" day.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys 30 here this morning and yes Snow we have like some fog\freezing fog this morning. Like DB said big change coming for us overnight tonight. Not sure how much snow we are supposed to get yet. 2-3 inches would be nice, but we don't need any more than that. I see Glenn's gal on Sunday Night Football is getting the boot because they didn't like her opinion about caperscopy saying they are slaves. Sad it is.  Well, just another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 38 here and might get to 43..  and the same here..  fog, windy and a chance for snow/rain..  and then drop to 12 over night.. going to make a few stops on my run to Alex this morning, stop at the bank and get my Christmas shopping done..  and a few stops in Alex too...   one stop is Aldi's..  they have bone in prime rib roast for $6.99 this week..  might as well have one here too!!  have a good day all!!   :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Need to finish up the snowblower tune-up today. Fuel lines and put slime in the tires. Got the snowmobile trailer done yesterday. Added ski hold-downs and fixed the aluminum angles on the front. Gave up on the wood-splitter and parked it in the woods until next Spring. Next up dig the spear house out of woods, later.... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Man you are busy Markn.  I will have to research that Colonoscopy thing JB.  Heck of a good price on prime ribs Mike.  I have some errands to run this morning too.  Pay some bills, pick up chain saw oil, some groceries too.  Caught a few saugers last night.  I entered that perch I caught the other day.  May be the only pan fish I catch.  It is 32 here right now.  I had a lot of water around my fish house yesterday.  Hope it freezes up before the snow comes.  Just east of here they are talking 3-6".  We are on the edge of that.  We may even get rain before the snow hits.  Uggh.  Don't need that.  Well stay safe and have a good day.

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Down here i think the warm weather and rain will help the ice in the long run. Get rid of a lot if that insulating snow.

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
Balmy 37 here this morning. Winter comes back tomorrow. Minus for lows. And only teens for high. Good for making ice.
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents, we have 52* here & 67* will be the high. A foggy soup out there too. Sustained wind from 30-40 mph with gusts to 65 predicted from 6 PM-6AM.  The early radar showed the nastiest stuff getting here ~7-8 tonight. There's a chance of some tornadoes in this area too. Got back to town yday a bit before 1 so I did some running. Not sure what's in store for today yet. Have a good day guys.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
that is choice cut too for the prime rib roast.. 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Gee mike,heck of a price for standing rib roast...never set foot in a aldi's but I might now...

swung by cub in WBL last sunday,they usually have some great deals,one great one for dinner or a hot roast beef sammie is/was already cooked prime rib,1lb slices...made the best stroganoff with button mushrooms was $9.99/lb....now 18.99/lb yikes! that was a kick in the nads.No dice for this frugal shopper,back to chicken/mac n cheese.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: We rarely drive by an Aldi's without stopping for something. Brother got 2 % milk at the 1 in Waterloo for $1.69/gal just before Thanksgiving.
« Last Edit: December 12/15/21, 11:59:35 AM by Gunner55 »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
 Morning fellers. Back in the spear shack again. We did get 4 yesterday. Plans have changed. Might be our last day on the ice. Lakes are sloppy as hell. There talking high winds and 2-4 inches of snow, so we will be pulling the houses off tonight.

If we get that snow I won't be liking the lake conditions. Wait and see what morning brings and maybe get things organized and ready to go home Friday morning, oh and drink a few beers.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 44 at choretime heading for a high in the low 60's. Not unprecedented for Dec. here despite what the weather terrorists want you to believe. The uglier parts with wind gusts up to 65 mph will likely be just before or around midnite. Had a typical Albert's Leaf Mayo Clinic day yesterday. Computers befuddling everything. Info they emailed me told me to go to 4th floor. Lady at the front desk said, no, 2nd floor. Showed her my paperwork, she checked, said yer right, go to 4th floor. Got there, checked in, & within minutes they told me to go to 2nd floor. Went there, checked in, got in the exam room & the nurse gave me my flu shot. Before giving me the COVID booster tho she needed to enter a bunch of crap in the confuser. It balked & she battled with it over 20 minutes before giving up, giving me the shot & writing the info in on my card. Now I need to check & see if it got recorded on their portal. What a joke.  :rolleyes: 
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
I went to a pharmacy for the shots, fast and painless.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I'm getting to the point where I could write a book on my COVID adventures and I haven't even had it that I'm aware of. I did the Waseca Co. Public Health clinics for the 1st 2 shots which was easy peasy. Tried scheduling at Walgreen's in Owatonna earlier for the booster but they had no appointments. As smoothly as they handled the COVID test for Canada, that was my 1st choice. Then Mayo sent me a notice before Thanksgiving they had openings for appt's. so I went that direction. I ain't that convinced that the booster will do jackchit to the latest variant anyway so I wasn't going to spend a lot of time hunting for one. Steele Co. sent out text notices Dec. 2 that they were doing drive thru shots there on Wednesdays only shortly after I'd scheduled with Mayo. Rather than confuse everyone, stuck with the original appt. What concerns me is all the talk about how the vaccine is supposedly keeping people out of the hospital. The people I know who've had COVID and are unvaccinated have been untouched by the virus ever since. Doesn't fit the narrative so we don't hear about that.
« Last Edit: December 12/15/21, 10:45:31 AM by Dotch »

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Yikes! looking at the updated weather map just now,I didn't realize the bullseye for heavy snow today into thursday morning was along our canadian border,just east of the angle,you folks best hunker down,still heavy fog here in the metro,no prepcip or wind yet but word is it's coming,mostly strong wind and rain,local news suggested folks take down external home xmas decorations and prepare for power outages later today,sounds like a shete show in the making.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: Not sure it was even 9:00 here yet & they were already announcing school closures. Most are callin it @ 1, some 1:30. Haven't been home long enough to look at it again but I'd be :shocked: if they didn't all close. Already 65* & blowin 20 mph. :crazy:

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
The people I know who've had COVID and are unvaccinated have been untouched by the virus ever since. Doesn't fit the narrative so we don't hear about that.

Yes, the scientific and government lords who rule our lives are unable to or unwilling to answer two very important questions:

1) Why does the medical community insist that natural immunity to the actual virus is inferior to the body's immune response to a vaccine?   :confused:

2) Using PCR we can test people til the cows come home, but lets face it...  after getting Covid, a lot of us are going to carry the virus around for a long time.  How come we don't have a better means of determining when an infected person is contagious or not?   :confused:  Isn't that the question that REALLY matters?   :scratch:

Think about it...  You're kid get strep throat.  This is very contagious.  The doc gives you antibiotics and says your kid can go back to school after a day on the drugs if they are feeling ok.

Now I know Covid ain't strep, but the CDC is doing the same thing.

If vaccinated, they say quarantine 10 or 14 days after your symptoms get better and you are good to go.  No additional testing required.

If NOT vaccinated, you have to quarantine until you have had two negative tests.   :angry:  This could take months.   :doah:

I know someone who was vaccinated and still tested positive 4 weeks after the first infection in a "break-thru" case.  Were they still contageous?   :scratch:

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
I hope they are over-hyping this because they make it sound like it could be serious. The snow here is gone already except for where I piled it.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Ours went bye-bye yday.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
The last I saw Snow is like you said, a little east of us.  It is upper 30's now so there could be rain first and then snow.  Looks like Dutchy may really get it.  My fish house is on 8" of ice so I hope it gets cold fast any time now.  It's so foggy I can't see it now.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
I'm getting to the point where I could write a book on my COVID adventures and I haven't even had it that I'm aware of. I did the Waseca Co. Public Health clinics for the 1st 2 shots which was easy peasy. Tried scheduling at Walgreen's in Owatonna earlier for the booster but they had no appointments. As smoothly as they handled the COVID test for Canada, that was my 1st choice. Then Mayo sent me a notice before Thanksgiving they had openings for appt's. so I went that direction. I ain't that convinced that the booster will do jackchit to the latest variant anyway so I wasn't going to spend a lot of time hunting for one. Steele Co. sent out text notices Dec. 2 that they were doing drive thru shots there on Wednesdays only shortly after I'd scheduled with Mayo. Rather than confuse everyone, stuck with the original appt. What concerns me is all the talk about how the vaccine is supposedly keeping people out of the hospital. The people I know who've had COVID and are unvaccinated have been untouched by the virus ever since. Doesn't fit the narrative so we don't hear about that.
Boy I sure saved alot of monkeying around by not getting any of the shots. And SteveO that is what my SIL has noticed with the people she has treated for covid. The people that have the natural antibodies are not getting reinfected, but people that got the shot are getting it or people that are unvaccinated are getting it.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
I knew people who died that weren't vaccinated and I know two "long haulers" that were not vaccinated. I'll take my chances getting jabbed. I'm not wanting to spend my life fighting for every breath.