Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4960168 times)

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
Morning.....-18 here this morning. High today supposed to be -15. Down to -28 tomorrow morning. Gotta blow out the driveway today. Then hunker down.
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! -10 at choretime heading for a high near -5. Think I'll punt and stay home today. Not sure how it happened but discovered I'm behind on my Bonanza reruns! :scratch: Restocked the birdfeeders yesterday so be curious to see how active they are. One of the squirrels is already after the ear corn. When they open the ears up, it makes it easier for the blue jays and red-bellied woodpeckers to get at it. Once it warms up a tad I may go peel more hay off the bales so the sheep have better access. We had a dusting of snow overnite but nothing to melt out. Wind blew a bunch of snow in from the west so the ground is almost covered in the lawn.
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin guys, it's -8 now & we're headed towards -3 later here south of the border. Got the new Wi-Fi capable thermostat wired on Tuesday, took us ~ 2 hrs, &  it's been working perfectly since. :happy1: :cool: It looked to me like they let school out early here yday. Some a little north of us started late yday as well. As usual I've got some runnin I can do, we'll see later. Have a good day.
« Last Edit: January 01/06/22, 08:50:54 AM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  -15.9 here right now and the news said -32 windchill.  Glenn do you have a heater in the outhouse?  Or do you have a fur lined seat?  Yikes..  We are having java now and we are headed to the Dentist for a regular checkup today.  Maybe stop and have a bite to eat whilst we are over there too.  Not a lot else going on and that is ok.  JB I like to look out at the newly plowed drive too.  Just as satisfying as a newly mowed yard.  I pat myself on the back for it often.  Well don't overdo it and have a good day.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
 :rotflmao: Yea nope to both. I had friends that put a heater in it once. There propane. Never again, ended up with ice all over.

Oh yea got home about 12:15. Hwy 6 from talmoon to deer river was pretty good. Then 6 to outing of all places sucked. After Outing the roads were good.

Go figure, I got a big ole dawg on my lap already. :confused: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Glad you got home safe. Somebody loves you.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Dang alot of schools starting 2 hours late tomorrow morning. :cold: :cold:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
How bout work?? Ya right...

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
How bout work?? Ya right...
I'm starting next week!!! :smoking: :rotflmao:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

so has the wife asked when yer leaving again yet???  askin for a friend!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

so has the wife asked when yer leaving again yet???  askin for a friend!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:
:confused: Yea 2 hours after I got home!! training-087 training-087 :banghead: :banghead: :angry2:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
so what the heck did ya do to get her upset that fast!!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1: :happy1:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
so what the heck did ya do to get her upset that fast!!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1: :happy1:
:scratch: :scratch: she did say she was joking. I think!!😁

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, -29 here and hoping to see 0 today..  dat's cold!!!   :cold:   might have to limit my outside stuff till after lunch today..  but that most likely won't happen..  went and got a few vittles yesterday, by golly $100.00 sure doesn't go as far as it used to..  but no surprise there..  have a safe and warn day all!!   :happy1:

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents.... Enough of this deep freeze -15  5am,now -18! shootin for single digits for our high today,on the upside 30 degrees above forcasred for tomorrow if thats possible.

Drivers yesterday racked up 200 fender benders according to troopers....some folks never learn,today roads seem dry except for bridges,both on top and below,glazed over,so iffin you travel today be mindful/careful.

Any of youse guyz catch dim wit n chief  speak jiberish yesterday regarding the riot last year@ the capitol?...I almost threw my boot at my T.V.  but it's brand new had to catch myself what a lying pos biden is...50 years in politic's accomplished "zero" on the brink of destroying our great country,and then mindless harris,linking january6th 2021 to pearl harbor and 9/11....classless clown,both of them.

« Last Edit: January 01/07/22, 06:56:56 AM by snow1 »

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
 :cold: :cold: Morning boys. -31 I seen this morning. Supposed to get up to -3 today. Then up to 17 tomorrow. Oh were having a heat wave, were having a heat wave. Remember what that tune was from.  :sleazy: I will be dome at 3 this afternoon. Stop and get some diesel fuel on the way out of town. Then cut some firewood and put it in the shed to get us by until Sunday afternoon when we will fill the shed up for the week. Plan to do a little fishing this weekend. She if da wife wants to go. Otherwise just another day in da salt mines. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline GrandpaTom

• Master Outdoorsman
Wow, a balmy -16 only here for me.  And up to 1 later.  Shorts and t-shirt wx.  LOL!!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Appears to be another day of staying in the house. Went to fleet and my favorite store in Osakis yesterday. That was cold enough. Need to slap up two window treatments in the kitchen today and that's about it, later.... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin.....-26 here this morning. Supposed to go up all day, tonight, and tomorrow.
18 above by tomorrow afternoon.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin all, -12* now & headed towards 2* later. Did a little of my running yday & man it was cold. Glad the wind wasn't as bad as it was on Wednesday. Still have 1 more stop to do today. No more now, hope your Friday's a good 1.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  -30.3 here right now.  Looking forward to that warmup tomorrow.  Should run to town to pay some bills and pick up vittles like Mike did today.  May try to hold off till tomorrow.  We shall see.  Otherwise it is survival weather.  The horses will be glad to see me walk out the door.  That means rolled oats for them.  They deserve it surviving outdoors in this weather.  You all be careful and have a good un. 

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
-46 wind chill in International Falls this morning. That swill Glenn drinks with all the water in it would be froze harder than Walz's head.

Pretty quiet at the bird feeders this morning. Seems they know enough to hide out in this weather. Wind from the SE so we have a warm-up coming for a day anyway.

Stay safe.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers.......damn its chilly out!!!!!!! glad i'm home. when i'm at the cabinn i feel i gotta be doing something......but not when its this cold.

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! -16 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-single digits above zero. Bummer yesterday. Had a ewe go down in the a.m. She'd eaten the nite before but was getting close to lambing. Shifted her around at 2 yesterday afternoon to make her more comfortable & she seemed OK considering the circumstances. Did chores shortly after 5 and by then she was already dead. No biggy other than it made a lot of trips outside at 10 p.m. prior to that for nothing! :doah: Need to make a feed run this afternoon then park it until choretime. Looking forward to the upcoming warmup. Livestock in cold weather is overrated.  :huh:     
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Bummer Dotch! :confused: waiting for an autopsy to find out why??

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.

Covid..............Ewe.   ;)

Never a good thing when you lose money, which is what livestock is. I went to my uncles once in the dead of winter to help out when he broke a ankle. Keeping those chains on the silo unloader and barn cleaner working was a never ending job it seemed.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman

Nope, vets in these parts won't even come out for that sort of stuff anymore. Or if they do it'll cost way more than the animal was worth in the first place. Given my years of experience I can probably make a semi-educated guess. Older ewe, came off the pasture in less than stellar condition, had rubbed some of her wool off, likely carrying triplets or worse, possible dead lamb(s) inside, lengthy cold snap, had possible OPP (ovine progressive pneumonia). Viral so no amount of antibiotic would've helped. Now she'll have to reside in the skidsteer bucket until spring. Learned my lesson on that a long time ago. Put the dead in the bucket when it had some snow in it. About the time you need to move snow again, the wool is froze to the bucket so you can't get the critter out! That's what plastic feed sacks are good for.  :happy1:

Ya db, it takes a special kind of stupid to raise livestock. That or a wife who thinks you have nothing better to do. :rolleyes: :doah:

« Last Edit: January 01/07/22, 01:34:42 PM by Dotch »

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
morn8in alol,l 15 this morning, almost 45 degrees warmer than 24 hours ago..  a nice way to start the day..  got a few things to do today and am going to enjoy being outside too!!  have a good day all!! 

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin....same here....+15 this morning.