Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4902151 times)

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
snow1,
Maybe think of the vax in the same context as wearing a seatbelt. Wearing one doesn't prevent you from having an accident nor does it prevent someone from crashing into you however, it certainly can have a big impact on the result of the accident.
Going to move my reply over to the Rona thread.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin guys, we have 8* already & we're headed for 39*, they're sayin. Got some of my runnin done yday but still got 1 to go. More old clothes are goin to the thrift store & they only take donations on certain days. About it here, hopin your Tuesday's a good 1.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 11 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-30's. Had a pretty good breeze goin' altho it's decreased some since early a.m. Chores still suck. I see this a.m. the brood ewes managed to dismantle one of the mineral feeders. They've also been a PITA about eating the one round bale too. When the neighbor baled it he ran out of net wrap on one side so it's a little musty on that side. Of course they want the good stuff so I get in the feeder every morning with the pitchfork and toss some in the the other manger so it feeds more evenly. Takes another 10 - 15 minutes of dicking around after the rest of the chores are done. In the meantime the wife is back inside watching TV. Something wrong with this picture... :scratch:   
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 11 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-30's. Had a pretty good breeze goin' altho it's decreased some since early a.m. Chores still suck. I see this a.m. the brood ewes managed to dismantle one of the mineral feeders. They've also been a PITA about eating the one round bale too. When the neighbor baled it he ran out of net wrap on one side so it's a little musty on that side. Of course they want the good stuff so I get in the feeder every morning with the pitchfork and toss some in the the other manger so it feeds more evenly. Takes another 10 - 15 minutes of dicking around after the rest of the chores are done. In the meantime the wife is back inside watching TV. Something wrong with this picture... :scratch:
Have you considered going on strike?

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
dem sheep would be all over him!!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Have you considered going on strike?
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: yea that'll learn'em!!!!!!!!! :sleazy:

morning fellers.......looks like a few nice days coming.  :happy1: not much on the agenda for today.......mayhaps a trip to menards.......they got a 15% off all you can put in a bag deal going, so who an i to turn that down!!!!! :happy1:

i also need to get around to cleaning my guns soon!!!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Strike under the United Brotherhood of Honeydoers.

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
42 out! I'm loving it!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
???  What does that mean Roony?

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 28 this morning and it might go up a couple degrees..  slight chance of snow later today..  Friday's snow sounds like a few inches for us..  going to Alex this morning to resupply on a few things..  Hit the big M for the `15% off sale..  sure I'll find something I really need!!  have a good day all!!   :happy1:

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin fellers,balmy 30 degrees out the door,slight mist,roads are slightly glazed over so you guyz heading out this morning be mindful.

Happy "hump day"

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 9 above here heading for 15 today. Put the new battery in the track truck and then pulled the clutch off of the snowmobile. New is supposed to be here tomorrow. I cooked the clutch on the over New Years. It is getting to be an expensive winter for me. Hope this is the end of things going wrong for me. Otherwise just another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin all, it's 31* here & shootin for 39* again. I think we were warmer than predicted yday as well, I heard 42*, & you could tell it as they were lined up at the carwashes ~ 4. Too many for me so I'll try :rolleyes: to get to that today. May take a road trip to Mason City too. No more now, enjoy your day.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Man Roony that 42 didn't even register to me as an outside temp.  That is great!  We have 9 now and that is nice too.  Not a lot going on today.  I've been looking at another life ins. policy.  I have one that expires in about 8 years so checked on another one.  For me at 67 a $100,000 20 year policy will cost $204 a month.  Having a hard time justifying it.  Maybe I would be better off just paying that extra on our mortgage.  So paying it for 20 years I would have spent $50,000.  Any opinions from you experts out there?  The wife gets everything if I die so that is a good chunk for her if I die first.  Ponder that.  Later boys.

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
mornin.....22 above here this morning.
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 34 at choretime heading for a high in the mid to upper 30's. They missed the high badly yesterday & if the sun comes out, won't be surprised if we have an encore performance. Topped out at 42 at the ranch, 41 in Owatonna & 43 in Albert's Leaf. Waiting for a zoom meeting to boot up. There it is so better go. Good thing the coffee is done. Help keep me awake.
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 34 at choretime heading for a high in the mid to upper 30's. They missed the high badly yesterday & if the sun comes out, won't be surprised if we have an encore performance. Topped out at 42 at the ranch, 41 in Owatonna & 43 in Albert's Leaf. Waiting for a zoom meeting to boot up. There it is so better go. Good thing the coffee is done. Help keep me awake.
All that bare black dirt sure helps the temps rise and also keeps them from falling as much as they would if we had snow cover.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers......seen 32 when i looked. feeling more gooder today to....so far anyway. musts been then vodka in the OJ yesterday!!!!!   :nerd:

did some weather research as the news last night said we could be getting possibly shoveling/plowing snow thurs-fri. looks like there expecting 3-5 but this johndee forecast is saying possibly 5-10 inches!!!!!!
« Last Edit: January 01/12/22, 09:47:05 AM by glenn57 »

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Yup, looks like this precipitation forecast has a decidedly western bias to it, with increasing amounts of snow indicated as one heads toward Worthington & Pipestone. No doubt roony, the black soil w/o snow cover makes a big difference, something the forecast doesn't always account for. Opposite happens when we have snow cover sometimes, especially when there's a south wind blowing across a snow pack in IA. I'm just happy when I don't have to smash ice out of buckets or haul warm water from the house. Didn't even drain the hose in the barn this a.m.  :happy1:

As of 11:48 it's 39 in Waseca & Owatonna with 41 in Albert's Leaf.

http://www.nohrsc.noaa.gov/snow_model/images/full/National/nsm_depth/202201/nsm_depth_2022011205_National.jpg   
« Last Edit: January 01/12/22, 11:48:12 AM by Dotch »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
well i will be officially gainfully part time employed tomorrow morning at 7 am.

but damn nabit, the friggin paperwork for a part time gig..........sheez!!!!!!!!!! :crazy: :crazy: :doah:

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Bitching Already and ya haven't started yet.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
yea and 7am start!!  say what!!!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Should we start a pool on how long he lasts?

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:pouty: :pouty: :confused: well hell, its been 45 plus years since i actually filled out a job application............dont remember all the stuff they got now!!!!!!

and i'm not bitching, merely expressing my thoughts!!!!!! :doah: :rotflmao:

darn troublemaker Roony!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

7am is a piece of cake!!!!!!!! :happy1:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Should we start a pool on how long he lasts?
i'm in!!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1: whats the wager......prize!!!!! :mooning: :mooning:

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Ok ill say less than 10 years for $100.

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
10:30 AM, Monday morning for a 12 pack of Hamms.

Glenn, if you quit on schedule, I'll split the 12 pack with you.   :rotflmao:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
:pouty: :pouty: :confused: well hell, its been 45 plus years since i actually filled out a job application............dont remember all the stuff they got now!!!!!!

and i'm not bitching, merely expressing my thoughts!!!!!! :doah: :rotflmao:

darn troublemaker Roony!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

7am is a piece of cake!!!!!!!! :happy1:

yea right, the way ya like to sleep in!!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
If you quit before the 10 years I'll split the 100 bucks you give me with you!