Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4903124 times)

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Good morning. -4 in International Falls this morning. Can't see much yet so can't tell if the wind is blowing much. Might take a run to Bemidji this morning to see what new snow plows are selling for. Financially they make little sense for me however it would give me something to do. Drive around and plow some driveways. We will see.

Stay safe.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Online KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
Good Morning....-7 here this morning. Temps going down tonight to -26 tomorrow morning.  :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gang, we have 2* & we might reach 5* later. Sustained winds of 20-25 mph with gusts to 30 & even 40 mph until ~ 8 this morning making WC's of -20 to -25. Even colder tomorrow, -30 WC's, but less wind is the forecast. It took us a little more than an hour to get the new thermostat's sensor mounted in the crawl space, the wire ran, & hooked up to the furnace yday so it wasn't too bad.  Be careful on the roads & stay warm. Lookin like a roll with type day here, hopin your Wednesday's a good 1.
« Last Edit: January 01/19/22, 09:48:51 AM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
About zero here and going to stay there for a high, windy as heck. It was so nice yesterday I decided to touch up the yard. Here is my tractor and loader Barry:

And I thought some of you might like this pic of my Minnesota prison made firewood cart. The warden didn't stick around to be in the picture:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
nice set up roony!!!   :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
nice set up roony!!!   :happy1:
:happy1:yep.......... looks like there's some black walnut in that pile!!!!!!!!!!

morning fellers..........a -3 when i looked here. not much happening that i know of yet....... momma's headed to st cloud today to fill up da cupboards!!!!!!!!

supposed to be dang cold tomorrow.hope on of the vehicles start like at 3;30 am  :doah: :pouty:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: You could always run out & start it before you go to bed to make sure. :sleazy: :nerd: :evil:                                ;) :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Yep. Good eye Glenn! Burning mainly walnut and elm this winter.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Very nice units Roony!  Thanks for the pics.  Nice farmstead you got there too.  It is -7 here today so far.  Gonna get colder as everyone said.  Will be nice to be back in the 20's.  I need to run to the store to stock up today too.  Need to get some supper items.  Glad I got all of the plowing done yesterday.  Have a good one.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Yep. Good eye Glenn! Burning mainly walnut and elm this winter.
i grew up with a black walnut tree at mom and dads. those iowegians that came up and fished them bullheads from the horseshoe chain would stop and take all we had. not sure why yet but maybe my favorite tree, although there messy as all get out!!!!!!

i have one of that ones siblings in my yard now. every spring i got 7-10 of them popping up all over the yard or garden. i used to transplant some of them out at the campground when we had the camper.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
roony always gets the nicest snow moving equipment & wood carts... :pouty:

Mornin' gang! -1 for a low, 0 at choretime heading for a high around 1. No newbies overnite & the wife has the day off. She can bond with Ruby. Good day to hang out inside methinks. Pickup is getting serviced anywho so not much choice for a while. Have a webinar on sulfur in about 10 minutes so hopefully the coffee is done. Better tear into 'er!   
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Love the tractor Roony. We had a 3010 gas on the farm where I grew up. One of the first tractors that my grandpa had bought new.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Was checking to see how far off my thermometer at home was yesterday. It recorded a 42 degree high which I thought was a little high. Albert's Leaf, Waseca & Owatonna all topped out at 39 around 4 o'clock.

Does your tractor have the Synchro Mess or the Power shift tranny roony? Paint & tin sure looks nice. Yer a better man than I am working without a heathouser or cab. Altho I froze my tail off on the skidsteer a while Sat. working in the tight spots to retain my man card... :cool:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Its not a power shift and us non sheep farmers can't afford a cab. Lol. I need to dress warm or I freeze my tush.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Its not a power shift and us non sheep farmers can't afford a cab. Lol. I need to dress warm or I freeze my tush.
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :evil:

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
It is the psycho range which means you are limited in how much shifting you can do on the go.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
About zero here and going to stay there for a high, windy as heck. It was so nice yesterday I decided to touch up the yard. Here is my tractor and loader Barry:

And I thought some of you might like this pic of my Minnesota prison made firewood cart. The warden didn't stick around to be in the picture:

I'll bet there aren't many of those wood carts still around Roony.  You may be able to trade that for a slightly used electric car.

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
I'll keep the cart!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:  I would too.

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
And I thought some of you might like this pic of my Minnesota prison made firewood cart...

I don't reckon they don't allow prisoners to do anything productive these days.  Probably don't trust them with the tools. 

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
I dont know what they make nowadays. They use to make gravity boxes for agriculture and running gear for farm wagons. I'm pretty sure they made baling twine. They quit making license plates in 2014. The prison industries trained people how to work in different trades. Hopefully some learned to make an honest living.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I don't recall the baler twine but in addition to the gravity boxes and running gears, not uncommon to see Minnesota hay rakes and chitspreaders on CL from time to time. After watching some prison movies, hard to believe they ever allowed prisoners near anything that could be fashioned into a weapon.
« Last Edit: January 01/19/22, 02:40:36 PM by Dotch »

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
My little cart is the same color as their gravity boxes. I bought it at an auction.

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
I dont know what they make nowadays. They use to make gravity boxes for agriculture and running gear for farm wagons. I'm pretty sure they made baling twine. They quit making license plates in 2014. The prison industries trained people how to work in different trades. Hopefully some learned to make an honest living.

They became politicians.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

They became politicians.
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

I think Dotch is the mayor of Hooterville not?? :scratch: :evil: :rotflmao:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
 :tut: :tut: :tut:...just remember, the mail may be slower nowadays but it still finds its way there... :evil:

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Hooterville is a special place!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Hooterville is a special place!

2nd that!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1: :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
This is my other firewood cart. I pull this one with my wheeler:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Great trailer with your tandems Roony.  I have to ask.  Do you run a nudist camp and that is firewood for the nude campers?  Is Dotch a member in standing?