Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4961781 times)

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 32 here and hope to see 42 today...  not sure what I have going on today but I have a few things to do...  some even outside again!!!   never did see any of the rain yesterday...  but maybe tomorrow for that..   have a good day all!!    :happy1:

and I'll bet yer right on the bidding war Bobber!!!   
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 32 here and heading for 35 today. Slept in this morning. Felt good. May go out fishing later. Seen a rainbow down towards LPS yesterday evening, so wondering if he got a shower down there. We had 53 here yesterday. Felt good. Well, time to make some java. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin guys, we had 33* early & I'm seein upper 30's, maybe 40* for the top.  :huh: Not sure if we made 50* here yday but I did see 49*. So nice yday we decided we needed to get out, so we went to the meat raffle. A touch slow there too but 1 board, 30 chances, still only made it ~ 3/4 of the way around. We scored again on the next to last board. :cool: Put a new plug & fuel filter in the old Craftsman yday as it was starting kind of hard at the end of last season. Gonna throw the battery in it today so I can bring it up to the garage for some more air in the front tires. We'll see after that.  :scratch: 'Bout it here, have a good day.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  It is dark here this morning.  Feels like rain.  We didn't get any yesterday JB but it did feel damp out.  I would like to see an inch of it to clean things up some.  May go out and pick up some dog poop today.  Another patch showed up as the snow melted.  I can get around more now with the utv as the snow level goes down. Not sure what is up today but whatever the wife says.  LOL  You all have a good one.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 34 and drizzle at choretime, heading for a high in the upper 40's. Supposed to have sunshine this afternoon with wind gusting up to 30 mph again so at least there's that. :rolleyes: .08" of mostly rain at the ranch. Was a little dab of snow sometime in there but not enough to measure. On the slate today: A feed run, a grocery run & one more forenoon of last minute tax info scanning. May have to slip a nap in there as well. Been looking for one most of the week. 😴   
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Jerky is in the freezer to be sliced in an hour and then in the dehydrator. Granddaughter came over yesterday to shoot her 22 to be ready for her firearms training field day. I stopped in Osakis and picked up an extra clip for the 17 and a box of 556 (200 ct) fell on the counter too. Well I can see the burning barrel now might try to get some cardboard, soda cartons and beer boxes to disappear this afternoon. Have a great day all, later...... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Snowing like crazy here.  Big flakes.  Gonna take a drive to Birchdale to see what the river is up to.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
morning fellers..........slept in some too!!!!!!! even made a double batch of lemon puddin!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1: snacks!!!! :rotflmao:

the ground is white here, so a fire this afternoon is a maybe!!!!!!! :doah: :embarrassed: finish up my honeydoo list for outside later!!!!!

a PUBLIC SERVICE  announcement........if anyone is planning on driving hwy 23 from Richmond to  Paynseville this summer your gonna hit a detour. there making it a 4 lane!!!!!!!!!! think i seen also there doing the same from Foley to Milaca!! :scratch:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
snow??  blue skies here!!  well patchy blue any way...   :rotflmao:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Just took that drive to Birchdale looking for open water.  There were boats in the river about 15 miles from my house.  They are launching at Birchdale and coming back this way about 15 miles to fish.  Birchdale is 30 miles from here.  The Frontier landing is still solid ice with some holes in the middle of the river.  I can see the boats upriver from the Frontier landing.  Did not see anyone land a fish.

Online Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Any ice chunks floating amongst the boats lps? Those guys are nuts. Well went to flat farm, had 6 things on the list in the fishin dept to get they had 1, looks like another run to Sheels.

Online Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Thanks for the heads up on 23 Glenn! Aren't they talkin between New London and Paynesville also??

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Oh ya.  They try to get right up against the ice shelf and other chunks float in around them so they have to squeeze past them.  Saw two big guys in a 12' boat.  Unreal, you would not see me in that with the cold water. 

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Any ice chunks floating amongst the boats lps? Those guys are nuts. Well went to flat farm, had 6 things on the list in the fishin dept to get they had 1, looks like another run to Sheels.

FF home of "out of stock"!!!   

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

a PUBLIC SERVICE  announcement........if anyone is planning on driving hwy 23 from Richmond to  Paynseville this summer your gonna hit a detour. there making it a 4 lane!!!!!!!!!! think i seen also there doing the same from Foley to Milaca!! :scratch:
[/quote]

there are over 100 road projects I think I heard...  got some around here too...   oh yea!! 

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Oh ya.  They try to get right up against the ice shelf and other chunks float in around them so they have to squeeze past them.  Saw two big guys in a 12' boat.  Unreal, you would not see me in that with the cold water.

I'm not a good enough fisherman to risk this "first open water" & "first ice bite." I just don't get the fascination of it.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I wait till I can get my floating dock turned out into the river so I can tie up to it.  Plus it is 37 with a strong north wind so not that nice out.  As I get older I like comfort more than I used to. 
« Last Edit: April 04/02/22, 01:23:24 PM by LPS »

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
I hear ya there LPS. I miss fishing in the hard house. Much more comfortable. I finally worked up enough ambition to go out about noon. Not as much wind out here as I thought there would be. Sitting out on Lems reef marking no fish.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Thanks for the heads up on 23 Glenn! Aren't they talkin between New London and Paynesville also??
Yea they are but not sure when. My friend where I have my asparagus is pretty wound up about it. The land between his property and the highway was owned by a private party that none cares for. When this project was in the works he sold it to Dunnicks corp. They have a pit across the road, my friend used to work for Dunnicks. He's PO'ed because there just going to pillage all the gravel out of it for what they need and then all us taxpayers will have to pay to refill it.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
The detour isn't all that bad, I've driven those roads you'll detour a little past Richmond and end up back on the 4 Lane north of paynesville.

I'd consider it a agricultural scenic detour!! :rotflmao:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
  :scratch: It looks like they have a lot of work planned for Hwy 23. http://www.dot.state.mn.us/roadwork/index.html#three Not all of it is this year though, 1 project, Milaca, as late as 2025.
« Last Edit: April 04/03/22, 07:52:03 AM by Gunner55 »

Online Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Thanks Gunner!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Thanks Gunner!!
looks like your gonna have to stay home all summer!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :nerd: :nerd: :sleazy: :evil: :rolleyes:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I imagine it'll slow the mail down even more now... :sleazy:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I imagine it'll slow the mail down even more now... :sleazy:
:pouty: :tut: :tut: :tut: :rotflmao:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, never made it to 40 yesterday, so maybe today...  23 right now..  got a few things going on today and then it's relax time!!   have a good day all!!    :happy1:

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 30 and cloudy here, heading for 39 today. Going to head out fishing for awhile this morning. I went up north to a reef yesterday and it was slow. So I will try right out front here until about noon I think. Well you boys have a good one.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Whenever we are traveling/camping etc and something goes wrong or not quite right we smile it off and call it another adventure.  Well.  Right a HH last night all of a sudden the TV turns off.  ??  Then a light got dim.  WTH.  I called North Star electric and they came out.  Here one of the 3 wires coming in from the pole is bad.  SO that means every other breaker in our box doesn't work.  He got the furnace working and our office outlets work so the frig is on an extension cord so it works.  No stove or microwave but the coffee maker works.  NO water neither.  SO another adventure.  My buddy the electrician is coming over at 10 and we are going to run a wire over ground and into the basement to at least get us up and running until we can dig up the line and hopefully repair the cable.  Unreal.  The hits just keep on coming.   Hope you catch lots of fish JB.  LOL   Have a good one boys. 

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin all, 30* here too & we may make 40*. I did get my project with the old mower done yday. It fired right up once i decided which battery was the right 1. A Sunday paper run comin soon & after that............... :scratch:. WCCO's map shows todays moisture staying south of us, hope they're right. No more now, enjoy your Sunday.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
dang LPS dat suks!!!   hope ya get going OK!!    :happy1: