Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4961222 times)

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Glenn, launch the boat and let the bunks dry completely. Then spray the silicone. Don't forget you sprayed it or you will be picking the boat off the ramp.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Glenn, launch the boat and let the bunks dry completely. Then spray the silicone. Don't forget you sprayed it or you will be picking the boat off the ramp.
that's the plan but I need to find that food grade stuff first!! :confused:

Morning fellers, off to stock shelves this AM. They talked about setting up there little greenhouse after Easter and I volunteered to o help, wonder if that's the plan today with it being 30 and the wind given it! :scratch: :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: April 04/18/22, 06:11:01 AM by glenn57 »
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
Morning.....19 here this morning. going up to about 30 today. Got a couple inches overnight. Ground is white again.
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Good Morning! The landscape is white again here. Hopefully for the last time.

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Well feels like winter again,cold nw wind,spittin snow 25 degrees out the door.

Tax day,suspect we'll see many folks walking funny after uncle sam get's through with them.,me included...Single white male with few deduction's ugh! tried claiming my golden, :tut: from my tax lady.
« Last Edit: April 04/18/22, 06:58:44 AM by snow1 »

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, yup white here and windy again..  27 now and hope to see 34..   after that big Easter dinner yesterday I sure didn't eat much for supper!! but that's ok!!  my friend where the Harley is resting from the winter weather is back home so one of these days I'll have to get it home...  have a good day all!!    :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 25 here and going to 35 today. The ground is whiter here today. We got 5-6" of snow over night. Slow drive into work this morning. They are forecasting more snow Wednesday and Friday. Not sure how much though. This winter is never going to end. Well, just another day back in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
they are only talking rain for us then..  sure hope it stays that way!!   

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Not really a good one neither.  We have a solid 3" on the ground.  Man did we lose ground on this one.   Was mostly brown other than plow piles and then this.  We are headed to the big town of Bemidji today for the wife to see the Dr. for an annual checkup and do some shopping.  The wife said you know why this happened?  Cuz we wanted to go camping the first week of May.  That ain't gonna happen.  So the silicone works that good Dutch?  With my new boat they talked me into a bunk trailer so the first one I have had.  Still getting used to it as I put in and leave my boat in the water so don't load a lot.  Sure doesn't look like boating weather.  Have a good one and don't overdo the shoveling.

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Same here LPS. This is our first bunk trailer. Definitely something to get used to. Look online Glenn for silicone spray, they make spray specifically for bunk trailers(marine grade) . They also make slides for bunk trailers.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I will look for some of that too.  Thanks I have a Poly dock.  My new boat has boat rash from using bumpers.  I can't find whips that connect to my dock but they have these 3' vertical plastic /vinyl things that attach to my dock that the boat will rub on at the rub rails so will look at them today too. 
« Last Edit: April 04/18/22, 07:19:40 AM by LPS »

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin guys, 28* for our start & we may hit 40* later. Stuck around for a couple hours after dinner yday & were back here by about 4. No signs of any precip here yday that I can see. A friends mom passed away last Tuesday before we came home & the wake is this evening, so we'll be going to that. That's it from this side of the border, have a good day.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
I've never heard of food grade silicone but you can try these guys
St Cloud Restaurant Supply Co. 1203 33rd St S, Saint Cloud, MN 56301. (320) 257-8802.

Morning boys.  Not really a good one neither.  We have a solid 3" on the ground.  Man did we lose ground on this one.   Was mostly brown other than plow piles and then this.  We are headed to the big town of Bemidji today for the wife to see the Dr. for an annual checkup and do some shopping.  The wife said you know why this happened?  Cuz we wanted to go camping the first week of May.  That ain't gonna happen.  So the silicone works that good Dutch?  With my new boat they talked me into a bunk trailer so the first one I have had.  Still getting used to it as I put in and leave my boat in the water so don't load a lot.  Sure doesn't look like boating weather.  Have a good one and don't overdo the shoveling.

Yes, silicone on the bunks and if you forget to hook the boat on the trailer it will be on the ramp. Very few people need it. Just practice finding the sweet spot for the depth of the trailer to load and you will be fine.
I will look for some of that too.  Thanks I have a Poly dock.  My new boat has boat rash from using bumpers.  I can't find whips that connect to my dock but they have these 3' vertical plastic /vinyl things that attach to my dock that the boat will rub on at the rub rails so will look at them today too. 

Is there not enough currant to pull the boat downstream away from the dock? I've seen those whip things used on the Ash River Trail. They work but I don't know what you have to go through to hook them up all the time. Maybe you can find a You Tube video?
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 27 at choretime & breezy, heading for a high in the upper terdy's. Wind supposed to gust to 45 mph. SSDD. Some snow on the ground, <1/2", melted out to .03" at the ranch. Still waiting on the stuff in Bugtussle to thaw yet. Drove the Buick today. Still like that car. Rides nice & with the 3800 engine, it does 28 - 30 mpg. Has 192,000 on it so still some life left. Clean it up and stick a little money in it so it remains reliable. On the slate today, need to update an article, proof, edit & spellcheck then submit it. Staying warm inside is also high on the list. 🥶   
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online Cooperman

• Master Outdoorsman
Any store that sells meat grinders should have food grade silicone. I use it on all my meat processing equipment. I bought mine at Cabelas.

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 27 at choretime & breezy, heading for a high in the upper terdy's. Wind supposed to gust to 45 mph. SSDD. Some snow on the ground, <1/2", melted out to .03" at the ranch. Still waiting on the stuff in Bugtussle to thaw yet. Drove the Buick today. Still like that car. Rides nice & with the 3800 engine, it does 28 - 30 mpg. Has 192,000 on it so still some life left. Clean it up and stick a little money in it so it remains reliable. On the slate today, need to update an article, proof, edit & spellcheck then submit it. Staying warm inside is also high on the list. 🥶

Dotch  I'm sure you know that 3800 engine has always been a great engine,buddy has an old buick with that powertrain 275k miles he keeps her in good shape,his daily driver with these gas prices,his truck has been parked for almost 6 months unless pulling a trailer or snowy roads.

Online Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
I periodicaly spray pam in my meat grinders during grinding.
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Pam who?
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: rumor has it she's a bit slippery!!!!!!! :rolleyes: :evil: :rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Any store that sells meat grinders should have food grade silicone. I use it on all my meat processing equipment. I bought mine at Cabelas.
FF  sells grinders but they didnt have any or i didnt look in the right spot!!!!

i'll be checking these ideas out in the near future. Duychy........some of my little secret honey holes dont have that sweet spot!!!! :pouty: :confused:

Online Cooperman

• Master Outdoorsman

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 15 here to start the day and heading for 42. Sounds like snow tomorrow moving in. This never ending winter is getting old. Otherwise just another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 19 and lookin for 42 here also.. rain in the forecast mostly for us..  the sun is even poking around some!!  not a whole lot going on today so just work with what I have already going on, finish them up!!  have a good day all!!    :happy1:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  An exciting one it is.  After the wife gets up and feeds the dogs and lets them out Cooper jumps back in bed with me.  Then Buddy jumps in for some petting too.  Then Cooper gets jealous and then Buddy gets jealous and growls a little.  Well this morning Buddy had enough and starting biting Cooper in the ass but drew no blood.  Cooper teases the heck out of Buddy but he is not a fighter.  Buddy knows how to fight from his previous life.  He felt bad about it and Cooper was just shaking but still bugging Buddy.  ????   What a circus.  They are all buds again.  I see big chunks of ice coming down river so it must have come up a little more.  I need to drop the Ranger off at the dealer cuz they gave me 3 remotes for the winch and none work.  They will check the wiring.  I will get that done whilst it is still froze out and not muddy.  I saw these cute little lamb chops in the store yesterday for $18.95 lb. They are still there.  LOL  They sure looked good.  Well you all have a great day. 

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning Gents,

little brisk out the door @25 degrees,but hey the sun popped out ,feels and looks good out sun even woke up,.at least we have that goin for us winding down april,wind finally settled down as well.

Enjoy it while we have it weather wise,tomorrow back to crappy weather,rain/snow...ugh.

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Need to go to town this morning to drop off a Pondness reloader I sold. At 1:00 our local sportsmen group is releasing trout in a stream North of Alex. Never helped with this, sounds like it could be fun. Have a great day, later..... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
 I saw these cute little lamb chops in the store yesterday for $18.95 lb. They are still there.  LOL  They sure looked good.

yikes!!  can't say much about them, never had them...   don't even know why I haven't..    :scratch:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin all, 25*here & they're sayin 47* will be the top. Made it to the wake but didn't stay very long. Got a couple little things to get me goin & will se were the day takes me after that. Hopin your Tuesday's a good 1.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon