Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4902678 times)

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 68 at choretime heading for a high in the upper 70's. .23" of rain at the ranch & .21" in Bugtussle. Busted my hump to get the fertilizer on the pasture, hay ground & garden yesterday. Just barely got enough rain to dissolve the nitrogen portion of the blend. Forecast was "heavy rain" 1/2" - 3/4". Really?  :rolleyes:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Drove into st cloud. They got way more water then we did in cold spring. Just past 94 there's a lot of water in the ditches
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 68 at choretime heading for a high in the upper 70's. .23" of rain at the ranch & .21" in Bugtussle. Busted my hump to get the fertilizer on the pasture, hay ground & garden yesterday. Just barely got enough rain to dissolve the nitrogen portion of the blend. Forecast was "heavy rain" 1/2" - 3/4". Really?  :rolleyes:
Could be rigged.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
There have been some black helicopters. Oh wait, that was Mayo One. Never mind... :coffee:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Well my good deed is done for today. Should garnish me an 8 gallon pin. That's like 40 bucks worth of gas!! :rotflmao:

The gal that did the blood draw sure was a cutey!! :sleazy: :smoking: and quiet talkative. She was from Wyoming. She showed me pictures on her phone of some millionaires museum of old war vehicles, planes and such. Pretty cool stuff.

Well it's off to the fire and icy cold beer👍

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin forum fellas 56 and a howling nw wind coming off the lake. Well survived another family reunion yesterday,  had 3 grills going plum full of Costco brats , burgers and hot diggity dogs, think there was 70 of us. The pooches are getting impatient fir a stroll,  might hafta send em in and get the ladies up..lol. Anywho...See ya!!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, sounds like a fun  crowd Bobber!!!  let the dogs go!!!   yup the NW wind is about 20mph..  55 here and hope to see 71 today...  goot a few things outside yesterday and went visited some friends too..  a good evening!!  not sure what I have going on today..  I'll find out when I do it..   have a good day all!!   :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gang, 55* here as well & I'm only seein 66* for the high. Very glenn-like ;) here too. :laugh: Got power back shortly after 10 AM yday, so it was out for ~ 4 hours the last time. We'll go get a paper in a bit, after that........... :scratch:. Have a good Sunday.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers........nice morning too!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1: gonna go check the aspargus patch this morning and do some weeding. then putz around the yard.

since my kid is going to the cabin over amateur weekend i decided to go up to, i got a few projects i could use and extra back on!!!!! :happy1: :happy1: i'll leave thursday after i'm done at the store!!

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 54 down here in DL. Supposed to make 70. Got some things accomplished yesterday. See what else needs to be done today. Hope to be heading north by noon or 1. About it from here have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 62 at choretime heading for a high in the low 70's. NW breeze that the windbreak protects us from. After the wife takes off going to put a fresh set of blades on the mower then mow a portion of the yard. The backyard really doesn't need it due to the sparse rainfall. Going to get a trailer load of hay from my Studebaker mechanic then unload & stack it. Sure I'll get all kinds of help with that. The fastest way I know to get someone to disappear is to say "bale hay". Wonder why that is... :scratch:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Afternoon boys.  Were gone overnight at the wife's family deal.  On the way home we got a few Sheriffs Emergency notices.  With the hellatious NW winds the people on the south side of the lake are getting hammered.  They all upgraded rock shorelines at a great expense in 2014.  Now the lake is pushing the water right over the top of that and the road on the back side of the properties is flooding out.  SO their drain fields and wells are compromised.  Not much they can do until the wind goes down. SO glad JB got more rock whilst the going was good.  There is also a warning to not go to anywhere around Bostic Bay.  SO that means Cyrus Resort, Walleye Retreat, Ken Markee, Randalls etc.  They are all flooding out.  Morris Point right on the lake must be getting hammered.  In a day or two when they allow us gawkers I will do check it out.  Not sure how Wigwam is doing but must be close to danger too.  BAD DEAL!!! 

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Keep us posted Barry. A buddy of mine has a trailer on the marina property by Baudette. Thinking he's on high enough ground so he'll be OK. At least it's warm enough so he doesn't have to run his terd heater... :happy1:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Yes the Marina is a little higher ground.  Wigwam it right down by the water level.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
way bad deal!!  hope they all fair well.... 

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 58 here and going towards 80 today..  got some more things cleaned up and put away in the garage and more junk into the garbage can too..  wanted to spray some weed be gone but the wind was nuts yesterday!!  so that means I have lots of pine cones to pick up again..  good fire starters!!!  have a good day all!!    :happy1:

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 51 here and heading for 78 today. Yes, we got all the warnings on our house phone when we got home. Even with the NW west we were getting pounded to. The waves moved some rocks around along the ramp. Back in 2014 we added 40 yards of rock and this yard we raised the shore and put in another 32 yards of rock. Thank goodness we did that. A couple grand spent will save us more money in the end. Lucky for us too we are up a lot higher than Graceton beach places are. There was a lot for sale down there that the wife tried talking me into getting. Glad we didn't now. Bad deal for all those down there. Made it home about 8 last night. 4 day week this week. Well, just another fun filled day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Was hoping you were ok JB.  SO Birch Beach is lower than you isn't it?  They could be in a mess there as close as they all are it would be hard to even get to their beaches with equipment I would think.  Pretty narrow road.  When we did cuvert work there it was hard to even get set up to work.  Pretty cloudy here this morning.  Looking forward to some warm weather but chance of T storms again this afternoon I see.  Need to take a run to the landfill today.  Had an old steel desk with free on it at the end of the drive since Friday and noone took it so it needs to go for a ride.  Will look in the barn for some other stuff I can get rid of too.  Probably need to do some mowing today and I need to get in the boat...   Have a good Monday.

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Looks like the yard needs to get cut again. First thing is to go to town and get the rear wheel fixed on the Kubota. I was cleaning up some brush last week when I looked down saw the fluid running out of the valve stem. Don't why or how so I jammed a stick in the stem and idled back up to the garage. Should fill a couple of gas cans too. Later..... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
UPDATE:  The wife just texted me that someone took the desk from my Free Stuff trailer.  LOLOL   :happy1:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents, it was 49* when I went down to the boat & they're sayin we may make 80* later. I mowed the part I skipped the last round after the Twins game yday & I'm sure there's some more that could stand it today. :scratch: We'll see, still pretty wet. Couple other things on the radar too. No more now, have a good day.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Gas here was $4.89 the other day.  On our way to Pelican Rapids we saw prices as low as $4.59.  Maybe we are soon to see price drops. 

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 59 at choretime heading for a high in the low 80's. Got a lot done yesterday but could've got more accomplished if the neighbors hadn't showed up unannounced. After flipping the deck on the mower, I cleaned out under the deck and changed the blades. Deck is heavy & the effin' jack that came with the mower doesn't fit to so you have to manually lift it. Hafta be careful or the damn thing can come down on your ankle or in my case, pull a muscle in your rib cage when you're trying to catch it on the way down. Oh well, it only hurts when I breathe. Mowed some lawn, got the load of hay home then finished mowing. Did chores, changed into some long pants so I could unload hay & my neighbor with his two girls drops by to work with their 4-H ewe. Swell. So much for unloading hay. Caught the ewe & about that time I discovered the fence was grounded out. Wooden post had rotted off so got that back up & running. Mrs. Cheviot will be back gallivanting around the country again starting tomorrow. & I wonder why I can never get anything done.  :rolleyes:

Gas hung in there around $4.59 locally last week and the unleaded 88 (E-15) at Casey's was down to $4.49.

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
We seen $4.59 in some spot to LPS. Would be nice if it would drop up here. I think Birch Beach is around the height that we are or somewhat close. The south end of Sandy Shores is lower than we are though. I think they are still holding up though. All I know is it is kinda scary times right now for everyone. There are people in Warroad here that have their boats on the docks and can't get under the train bridge to get to the lake or an access to get them out.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Curious to see how this effects ice this winter?

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Gas is still 4.69 in Alex. Half a tank in the pick up and two five galloners was $135.00. Driving through pine river north of Brainerd on Saturday they were $4.39. Thanks again Brandon.
mm

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Gas is still 4.69 in Alex. Half a tank in the pick up and two five galloners was $135.00. Driving through pine river north of Brainerd on Saturday they were $4.39. Thanks again Brandon.

He will work it all out. He will suspend the Federal gas tax which will lead to the roads further going to hell in which case he will pass a highway tax in addition to the gas tax to repair our roads. But don't worry, the general public is to stupid to see the final result, only that he saved to 18 cents a gallon for gas.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Curious to see how this effects ice this winter?
I am wondering that too. Although every winter they are slowly letting water out.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Gas at the Cwop was $4.49 (E-10) this a.m. Good times are just around the corner!  :crazy:

Cost me almost a hundo to fill 3 five gallon cans with non-oxy for lawn mowing yesterday. < 200' of electric wire & I could have the entire yard fenced in. Wouldn't need to mow. I would still be the bad guy tho because of climate change caused by the sheep belches & farts. :rolleyes:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
afternoon fellers.......... gonna be a gunner and mikey kinda day!!!!!!!!!  :rotflmao: maybe even a nap!!!!! then start getting things together for my trip nort!!! :happy1: