Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4901339 times)

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
We just had sprinkles here.  My brother in Luverne had 3-4" and a few miles from him had 6".  They needed it badly so hope it didn't warsh things away. 

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
It was 270 miles round trip today. All went well and got to visit with some people I haven’t seen in awhile. I kept track on the way home. There were two wheat, one oats and one alfalfa field on the way back home that we saw. The rest was corn or beans. Pretty exciting stuff. LOL. Have a good evening, later.... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Morning fellers  :sleazy: :sleazy: damn it's early.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Get to work glenn. Not sure what's going to happen today. Might run all of the toys outside and tear down the POS rack with lumber on it and put up a nicer more better one. At least get the lumber to do it today. Can't rush into things. Have a great day all, later... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Man we hit it hard yesterday.  Knocked down about 6 elm trees.  Cut them all up, split them and burned brush plus a few loads out to the pasture burn pile.  Will burn it later on when it gets bigger.  Also cut up some dead and rotten willow and got rid of it too.  I even had to take some ibuprofen so may be a day of rest.  That is easy to say but hard to do.  lol   Well have a good day.  Sure feels like early fall weather.   :happy1:

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 51 here and heading for 78 today. Finished cleaning bluberries yesterday and did some putzing around. Got a few things done. Also covered the camper to keep the sun off of it. Won't use it again until Labor day weekend is the plan. Lake was nice and calm last night. We could see the top of our big rock again. I would guess the lake is down about a foot now. About the level it was in 2014. Back in the salt mines today. Have a good one boys.
« Last Edit: August 08/08/22, 06:42:32 AM by Jerkbiat »
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
52 degrees in International Falls this morning. Never left the house yesterday, might not leave it today. Not much going on here.

Stay safe.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all. 55 here and plan on 75 today..  got several things done yesterday and off to anther start today..  will have too get the bike out today too..  have a good day all!!    :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 60 at choretime heading for a high in the low to mid-70's. Definitely has that September feel to it. I even put on long pants rather than shorts today, something I haven't done for the past couple months. Nothing real exciting so far today. Brought a boatload of vegetables from the garden in to the office this a.m. for distribution. Turning into a regular farmers market. Glad the Freeborn Co. Fair is over. Maybe the wife will pick up the slack now so I can screw off. Ya right... :coffee:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey Dotch, nice Avitar.   :rotflmao:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
yup 2nd that!!    :happy1: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
afternoon fellers......... that 9 hour shift wasnt to bad after all!!!!!1 i still gott'er!!!!!!!!1 :happy1: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

definitely a dotch nap coming though!!!!!!! :happy1:

yea ole dotch he's gotz a man crush on Walzie me thinks!!!!!!!!!!!!! :evil: :nerd: :sleazy: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: not sure whats on the agenda the rest of the day!!!1

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I figured you and Walzo must be old union buddies, with emphasis on the old... :shocked:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I figured you and Walzo must be old union buddies, with emphasis on the old... :shocked:
i'm not a teacher, nurse or municipality worker.........so we arent friends!!!!!!! :bs: :surrender: :rotflmao:

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
It was $215.00 for the lumber to build the shelf in the garage. Got half of the stuff cleaned off the wall too. Waiting for my bride to get home from work and then we’re going for a boat ride. Might bring a box of crawlers with and see if we can’t find a few sunny fish. Later..
mm

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 67 here and heading for around 80 today again. Getting ready for another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 58 herer and going for 84 today..   that will be nice!!  plenty to do today so that will be good to get done..  have a good day all!!   :happy1:

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Well fishing was a bust yesterday. My new boat I just bought where "everything works", well the trolling motor doesn't turn to the right. Maybe if you hit the pedal just right. So we went for a cruise around the lake and looked at a bunch of very expensive landscaping jobs. Amazon is sending me a new foot control next week. $106.00 delivered to my door. Going to work on the garage today and hopefully get that shelf installed. Need to come up with an idea on how to lift a 4'x12' frame made of 2x6s five feet off the floor. Tractor and some straps should be the ticket. Have a great day all, later... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Looks like rain to the north but not in the forecast.  The grass is long so time to mow today.  Nice morning here at 60.  The grass doesn't look like it's wet from dew so mayhaps I can get going earlier today.  Have a nice little breeze going on too.  Honey nut cheerios on the breakfast menu today.  Man the river is really going down fast or at least steady now.  Good to see.  Man JB, 3:30???  Well have a good Tuesday. 

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin all, 60* for our start & they're sayin  :scratch: 84* will be the high. Got a little boat time in mid- morning yday & jumped on the rider for a bit in the PM. Had a guy show up yday that might do the demo of the big shed as well as the prep work for the slab of the new 1 too. At least the wheels are in motion. :happy1: :cool: I see some tubing & maybe even a little :fishing: being done today. I do have 1 project in motion already too. No more now, have a good day.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers..........gunner post pictures of you in the tube!!!!!!!! :smoking: :evil: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

gonna be a gunner and Mikey kinda day.........putz!!!!!!!

its getting to be a long wait till the end of the month when i head back to the cabin!!!!!! :pouty:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
I will as soon as you post a picture of you catching a BIG fish. :sleazy: :nerd: :evil:               ;) :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh:  Besides, it won't be me on the tube it'll be my sister & niece. :pouty: :tut: :mooning:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Nice to see everyone out and enjoying the great weather.

markn, That's very nice of Amazon to send you a new foot pad. You must have the newer version as to older ones cost a lot more. I had the same problem with a Minn-Kota foot pad. After many repairs I was unable to get the motor to turn left so I mounted a momentary switch in a block of wood to do that function. My son used it that way but wasn't too thrilled about it.

LPS, Man, that much wood cutting might call for more than a few pills. Nice work.

glenn57, you make me tired with all the talk about jobs and working.  :rotflmao:

I got out to the land yesterday to work on some stands. Moved one double ladder to a location I plan to setup a bear bait station and reset a couple others. After years of being attached to a tree, things change and they are no longer level or hitting the ground. All good now. Also shot my .270. A friend loaded some bullets, and I was testing to see which powder worked the best.

***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Looks like rain to the north but not in the forecast.  The grass is long so time to mow today.  Nice morning here at 60.  The grass doesn't look like it's wet from dew so mayhaps I can get going earlier today.  Have a nice little breeze going on too.  Honey nut cheerios on the breakfast menu today.  Man the river is really going down fast or at least steady now.  Good to see. Man JB, 3:30???  Well have a good Tuesday.
Yep. Back to volunteering out in production to make some extra $$. Need to get some boat gas.  ;) I prefer to work in the morning then stay after and work late.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 54 for a low, 56 at choretime heading for a high in the upper 70's. Made the press deadline so now on to bigger and better things. Need to check a few soybean fields after I sign this guest book here. I did actually get a few business related things done but most of it using connections via phone & text messages. Voting & more gardening tonite. Woo-hoo!   

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Dotch, vote early and vote often. Remember, practice makes perfect.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 61 here and heading for 72 today. Little cooler today. Be good grass cutting weather when I get home after work today. Just getting ready for another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  53 here at the moment.  Got the yard mowed yesterday.  Still have a willow that needs to be cut up and thrown in the burn pile.  May work on that today.  Nice day to do it.  Almost done with the blow downs from the storms.  There is a lot more sun shining through those spots now.   That will make the grass grow.  Have a good one boys.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 65 here and going for 81 today..  cloudy too..  I have that appointment in Alex this morning for my feet, that will be interesting..   nice enought morning that I will take the bike, I only need a few things from the grocery store so they will fit in the saddle bags..  have a good day all!!    :happy1: