Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4900642 times)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  I misspoke there JB.  It isn't actually cataracts but he gets these shots in his eyes every couple of months and barely passes his eye tests.  I don't know what you call it.  He did not pass his written driver test neither so then he got Mom in the car.  She hasn't driven in years.  It is like kids sneaking the car out.  LOL  I hope he decides they need to get rid of the car.  We will wait a few days and see what he decides before we go any further.   

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin all, 37 at 1st peek here & that may be your high too. We're on the SE edge of the snow it appears, TWC's site is sayin 1-3" & windy. Rain to start for us, so I hope the temps stay up. :scratch: Kind of looks like our CS buddy might get reaquainted with his shovel & blower today to me. :sleazy: :evil:       ;) :rolleyes: :smiley: Our road trip went well, only place that was pretty nuts over there was WM. Did find gas for $3-$3.02 though, so I filled up. No more now, hopin your Tuesday's a good 1.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
We had just gotten rid of the snow but woke up to a little coating here. Suppose to get up to six inches but more to the west in Mankato. Glad its not a work day for me. Just holding down the fort here, going to bring some firewood into the shop. Have a good day all.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Macular degeneration is what he gets the shots for.  Drs. were absolutely not wanting to get involved in helping to stop Dad from driving.  We talked to them and they were no help at all.  Mom is 86, Dad is 90.  He golfed up until about 5 years ago.  Wonderful people. 

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Macular degeneration is what he gets the shots for.  Drs. were absolutely not wanting to get involved in helping to stop Dad from driving.  We talked to them and they were no help at all.  Mom is 86, Dad is 90.  He golfed up until about 5 years ago.  Wonderful people. 
Mom had the same thing but she never drove. She got steroid shots in the eyes about every 6 months.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
morning fellers...........the grass is white but can still see it!!!!!! doesnt appear we will get much......i'm good with that.  not much on the list today......if i get real bored i guess i could clean my guns!!!!!!!!! i really drag my feet doing it but once i  get going it isnt all that bad. its to get started!!!!!!!!!!!! :confused: :doah:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Looks like good day to start putting some hunting stuff away for the seasons. I need to clean and oil a couple guns and probably won't use deer hunting stuff anymore this year. Sad but satisfying time of the year as far as hunting goes. Now, I just need to get a couple good days to go grouse hunting before we get too much snow.
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Today's agenda includes fixing flat tire on the tandem trailer so we can pick up hide boxes on Thursday. Not dealing with frozen hides next week. I also found a "pony" motor I might go look at for the buzz saw. Not sure if it has enough HP to spin it. Good luck lps with the folks. I lost my dad at age 59 and my mom at 65 so I didn't have to deal with the driving issue. You guys South of us enjoy the snow and crappy roads today and tomorrow ;), I don't think we'll get anything. Watch me eat them words. Gotta go, later.... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
me thinks you are right on this Mark!!!!    :happy1: :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Became a grandad again yesterday afternoon. 9lb 7oz. Everyone is doing fine. We'll get down to see him in mid December.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Became a grandad again yesterday afternoon. 9lb 7oz. Everyone is doing fine. We'll get down to see him in mid December.
congrats Roony. But damn that makes me feel old. :doah:

Sometime this spring I'm going to be a great grandpa!! :confused: :pouty: :doofus:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
congrats roony!!!!    :happy1: :happy1:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Congrats Roony!!
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Congrats roony! Betting you're good at spoling them.  :happy1:

Still mornin' comrades! 29 at choretime with the high around 30 so far then falling throughout the afternoon. Looks like about 2" of snow thus far; everything's white. Will know closer when Poppy goes out to poop. Just hanging out today staying busy keeping up with Mrs. Cheviot. Just got her an ice pack as she was concerned there might be some swelling again. I'm also looking at data for a court case I wish I'd never got involved in. Lawn care company smoked one of my friend's lawn 2 years ago and is being snotty about it. Any reputable business would've jumped at the chance to keep the guy happy. Instead they've stonewalled and been very elusive. They're in for a rude awakening when we pull out the weather data and other pertinent info. This friend is another Nam vet who is in our car club.   
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Congrats roony! Betting you're good at spoling them.  :happy1:

Still mornin' comrades! 29 at choretime with the high around 30 so far then falling throughout the afternoon. Looks like about 2" of snow thus far; everything's white. Will know closer when Poppy goes out to poop. Just hanging out today staying busy keeping up with Mrs. Cheviot. Just got her an ice pack as she was concerned there might be some swelling again. I'm also looking at data for a court case I wish I'd never got involved in. Lawn care company smoked one of my friend's lawn 2 years ago and is being snotty about it. Any reputable business would've jumped at the chance to keep the guy happy. Instead they've stonewalled and been very elusive. They're in for a rude awakening when we pull out the weather data and other pertinent info. This friend is another Nam vet who is in our car club.   
:scratch: maybe you could mail them a few things!!!!!!!! :sleazy: :evil: :rotflmao:

go gett'em bud!!!!!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
dang pushing 5 or 6 inches of snow down by the cities!!!  last I heard was over 135 accidents this morning too..  stay safe.. 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
dang pushing 5 or 6 inches of snow down by the cities!!!  last I heard was over 135 accidents this morning too..  stay safe..
good place for it till we get way more ice up here in god's country!! :sleazy: :happy1: :rotflmao:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
You call that ice fishing!!  Just kidding ya , ya we got all of 8" here, left work late at 2:45 and traffic SUCKED. Lots of people struggling,  must be chitty tires but that stuff was slimy. Got home and seen momma boiled up the turkey carcasses and I thought perfect,  she paired that with some Pillsbury French bread sammiches.  Anywho time to relax...See ya!!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 12 here and heading for a high of 15. Wendy windy windy today. With the inch of fresh snow last night it made for an interesting drive into work. Otherwise just another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin boys, 22* @ 1st peek here & we may :scratch: get all the way up to 24* later. Windy, WNW 20-25, here too. Not much, < 1", snow with plenty of rain early, some sleet ~ noon too. A part of town was without power by 10:30 yday, but we weren't. Nothin planned, so far. Have a good day.
« Last Edit: November 11/30/22, 07:46:49 AM by Gunner55 »

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Congrats on the new addition roony. You got my permission to spoil them. Found a hole in the sidewall of my trailer tire yesterday so I'm headed to where I bought it this morning to see if they can replace it. After that not sure what is going to happen. Lunch and a nap?????? Stay warm, later.... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  12 and windy here too.  We got about 3" of snow last night.  The wife gets up earlier than I do and here she shoveled the deck off.  How cool is that?  I will get us all plowed up today.  May be time to get the feed lot in the pasture plowed out too.  The first time is the worst.  Pretty rough so I take it easy.  After that it's not too bad.  I heard about 8" in the metro area. 

Update on Dad:  He has had a few falls lately and tries to hide it from us but word gets out to us.  He fell the other day and has sore ribs and bloody hands etc.  He is going to the Dr. today.  I think that helped him to decide it is time to get rid of the car.  Thank goodness for that.  One less thing for us to worry about. 
« Last Edit: November 11/30/22, 07:49:02 AM by LPS »

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 12 here and a trace of snow..  and the wind is really blowing again..     internet was out this morning again..  frustrating for sure..   going over to Alex this morning and get a couple things..  sure glad I don't live in the cities in all that snowy mess...   have a good day all... 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers............... also going to make a trip to st cloud!!!!!!! need to change oil in the vehicles soon so...off to FF!!!!!

sounds like Sue wants to come home this weekend!!!!!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Good to hear about you getting the boss back home Glenn.  :happy1:

Glad to hear that your Dad is getting rid of the car Barry.  :happy1: That has to be a relief!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
darn Good news Glenn!!!   yes hoping your Dad does sell the car LPS!!! 

gas was down to $3.19 today... 

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' comrades! 14 at choretime heading for a high in the upper teens. Made it into town to sign the guest book at the office and do some banking, payroll, bill paying, etc. Fun and games. Back at it at home afterwards. Good for you Barry one less thing to be worrying about by removing the temptation. 
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Yup good feeling to get rid of the car.  Feel sorry for Dad falling though.  Gas here the other day was $3.39.  In Fargo they said on the news it is $2.99.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Gas is down $.30 in the last week here & is $3.29 today. It was $2.99 on Monday in Mason City too.

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
How long until the emergency oil reserves are depleted?   Just askin'   :scratch:  :embarrassed: