Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4903728 times)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  It was only supposed to get down to -10 here but we are almost double that with a whopping -19.  Ya Mark, after watching that guy do the ceiling for awhile I would need a nap too.  LOL  It is fun to watch people that are good at their craft get things done.  I don't have much on the list today other than the usual chores.  Not as demanding as Dotch's thankfully.  One day closer to spring.  They guy who bought the land to the east stopped over the other day since he was up here.  He tried to plow out to his little fishhouse and there was deep slush around the shoreline so he is worried.  I said just let it freeze up and then try it later.  OR let the snow all melt and then get it off.  I said I would help him.  Hope that doesn't bite me. 

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin guys, had early busy start to my day. It's -20/-39 WC & we may make it up to double digits on the + side today :shocked:, 12 is sposed to be our high. Still working on gettin rid of this cold but I started feelin a little better late last night. So, I'll stick close to home for 1 more day just to be sure. Have a good 1.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
That sure sounds cold for south of the border!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
morning fellers.........nuttin planned for today!!!!! :happy1: checked the weather forecast for the northland........i see me a trip to the cabin int he very near future!!!!!!!!!!  :happybounce: :happybounce:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
hey Glenn how's Sue doing??? 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
hey Glenn how's Sue doing???
good, she's moving pretty good. BUT not being able to go anywhere on her own she's getting bored and i think its starting to take a toll on her.  she's pretty independent, and i like that, but not being able to pick up and just drive somewhere is really   getting to her. i gave her a couple projects to do that will be time consuming but boring.

she has an appointment on 2-27 to do an aspiration, they'll go in her hip area to draw fluids out, then the let a culture grow,  that takes roughly 10 days, if the infection is gone, then they can put the new hip in.  so.in all reality we are looking at about another 2 months. when that time comes i just hope they can schedule the hip replacement really soon after that!!!!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Afternoon comrades! Saw -14 around midnight, might've been a tad colder at 4 a.m but by choretime it had rocketed up to -7. Should make about 12 this afternoon. Had a long nite in the lambing barn. Ewe decided to start lambing around 7:30. Hung with her until about 10 & when I didn't see any progress, it was Dr. Pol time. Can read about it in this week's Fencelines. Just amazing how tough the lambs are sometimes. Doing more business stuff today in town & will have to get more done the next several days. Need to be cloned to get everything all done. I know kinda where you're coming from glenn. Wife can't drive here either and the conditions are so icy it would be easy to undo what the surgeons did to put her ankle back together. Just hope she gets the message that all this room service and other stuff needs to come to a screeching halt as soon as it's feasible. I can't keep this up forever.
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. -21 here this morning and heading for 9 above. Happy hump day fellers. Just getting ready for another fine day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
good mornin all, -8 here and hope to see the mid teens today...   going to Alex this morning and get a few things...  got most all of the things done yesterday that I wanted too...  need to fill the form for my permit to carry renewal this week too...  picked it up yesterday so just need to get it done..   have a good day all...   
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  It is up to -17 here now so on the rise.  Still forecast -38 for tomorrow night so will be survival weather.  I am glad I can be home to keep an eye on things when it is like that. Keep critters fed and watered etc.  Gonna do some beef spare ribs in the oven this afternoon.  Waiting till next week for smokers and grills.  Well you all be careful out there. 
'

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
A thing on the news now is talking about electric cars and how they don't work very good in this weather.   :confused: :confused: :confused:  The one guy said maybe he shouldn't have bought it.  Trying to use the heater in this weather he loses about 41% of his charge.  DUH!!!   What the heck did you think would happen???

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Headed to gun store today to finalize our list for bingo and drop off a fat check for payment. Need to pick up tabs for both vehicles and read the gas meter too. Hopefully my contractor will finish up the ceiling today and I can get the chains on the shelves back up and the boats back in the garage. Might be a busy day.  Later.... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin all, only -1/-14 WC to start here today & we're 'sposed to creep above 20 later. Big warmup coming Saturday & it's looking like at least the next 10 days will be in the 30s here. My cold is still hanging on but I am gaining on it. Got a little running to do but that will probably be it. Have a good day.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
That sure sounds cold for south of the border!
Yeah, we were the cold spot in the viewing area yday. :rolleyes:

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Good morning. -16 here in International Falls. Clear morning after clouding up a bit late yesterday.

Buddy called yesterday morning, had breakfast at the Moose with him. Caught up on news from the Ash River Trail. After he left I plowed the driveway finally, then down to the library for a couple books. Got a good start on one of those, another John Sanford novel.

Grandson is in a robotics club. They have a competition on Saturday. Thinking of heading down to Princeton for that. Long ways to go for a couple hours but supporting him is probably a good thing to do. I'll see what the weather has in store and decide from there.

Today I'll sit home and read and see what kind of trouble Glenn stirs up here on MNO.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' comrades! 0 at choretime heading for a high in the upper teens. No newbies in the overnight so coupled with the nap I took right before I did lamb check last nite, feeling more rested today. Watching a webinar on dwarf corn & soybean cyst nematodes. Exciting stuff, not. After the webinar not sure what I'm up to. Have to play it by ear & have some more coffee. I'm sure glenn will be on his way up to help you markn. 😉
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao: morning fellers.........gonna get stuff ready for my trip north saturday AM!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1:

dutchy........i never start trouble...it comes to me  :angel: :angel: :shocked:

dotch.........Mikey is just down the road?????/ :rotflmao: :rotflmao: mayhaps for a dozen eggs!!!!!!!! :sleazy: :happy1:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Oh glenn, one thing of note: The wife actually did some dishes last nite! Now I can make one helluva mess... :rotflmao:  :happy1: Hope things are going well for Smurfette!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Oh glenn, one thing of note: The wife actually did some dishes last nite! Now I can make one helluva mess... :rotflmao:  :happy1: Hope things are going well for Smurfette!
thanks dotch.......i gotta bring that up.......she canuse her walker and stand by the sink!!!!!!!!1 :sleazy: :evil: se is doing good, but its dragging  her down big time lately not being able to go out and about doing what she does!!!!!!! :confused: i get it, but she's doing better then i would be in that situation.......i'd of gone nutzo by now!!!!!!!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
About the only way I know what's going on sometimes is to eavesdrop on her phone conversations. She really wants to get out and see the sheep. Maybe if it warms up I can put the Gator inside, thaw it out and haul her down to the barn. It's important too to keep her engaged and not keep doing everything for her. Then compliment her when she steps up to the plate. Sorta like training Poppy!  :rotflmao: Speaking of Poppy, when I was in the lambing barn this morning, she got in the lot. When I came out, she chased one of the sheep away from HER gate! Was cute to see the little squirt take her on and the ewe looking at her in disbelief.  :cool:

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Beautiful Del.  I saw a video on youtube about some of the cliffs are caving in near Blacks Beach. 

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
This is swami’s in Encinitas. Here is why it is called that

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Beautiful Del.  I saw a video on youtube about some of the cliffs are caving in near Blacks Beach.
Cliffs are caving,  that's too bad. Looks fun del, I sure do miss that area.
« Last Edit: February 02/01/23, 05:01:13 PM by Bobberineyes »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :pouty: Del... That cruel and unusual punishment posting that when it's going to be double digit below 0 here a few nights!😣 :tut:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Definitely envious.  Got an extra bedroom Del?  LOL  Just kidding.  Have fun and keep the pics coming.   

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Great pictures del. Wish I was there too.   Ceiling is done except the scuddle hole. He’s coming back on Friday to cut it in. Got the boats, wheeler, tractor and truck back inside. Don’t worry dotch, No union labor help was harmed during the process and it still got done correctly. Tossed in a picture of a ceiling mount furnace we picked up last Saturday that’s going to be installed too. :happy1: :happy1:
« Last Edit: February 02/01/23, 08:34:03 PM by markn »
mm

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Union labor, it of been done yesterday already  :mooning: :happy1:

I see you have a cyclone scaling pail!! :happy1: me too!! Love it

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
I had a Reznor heater like that in my shed for over 20 years. You will love it.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Ceiling looks awesome Mark!!  :happy1:
Morning boys. -13 and windy out of the NW. Burr... High of -9 for today then the bottom drops out tonight. Not looking forward to it. Warms up after tonight. Just getting ready for another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!