Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4900494 times)

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' comrades! 22 at choretime heading for a high in the upper 30's. Had breakfast this a.m. in Mayberry with Auntie Mar Mar & Unkie Gregory. That was fun and we had some good laughs. I scored another blueberry coffee cake. I need to make another trip to Hope for butter this week as we're down to our last lb. & it takes about a half lb. hunk per sitting. Poppy was still recovering from the company yesterday and took a nap in her kennel wile we were gone. Think I'll make a trek to the wetland area to see if the pussy willows are starting to open. Prolly watch some basketball this afternoon after I get back from exploring. Should prune some apple trees too but given the forecast and since by law there's one hour more of daylight :rolleyes: I can prolly get that done over the next couple weeks.   
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Mornin' comrades! 22 at choretime heading for a high in the upper 30's. Had breakfast this a.m. in Mayberry with Auntie Mar Mar & Unkie Gregory. That was fun and we had some good laughs. I scored another blueberry coffee cake. I need to make another trip to Hope for butter this week as we're down to our last lb. & it takes about a half lb. hunk per sitting. Poppy was still recovering from the company yesterday and took a nap in her kennel wile we were gone. Think I'll make a trek to the wetland area to see if the pussy willows are starting to open. Prolly watch some basketball this afternoon after I get back from exploring. Should prune some apple trees too but given the forecast and since by law there's one hour more of daylight :rolleyes: I can prolly get that done over the next couple weeks.   
:happy1: in other words.....your sluffin off again today!!!!!!1 :sleazy: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Mikey said it!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 9 above here and supposed to make 31 today. Then cooling off for a few days. Back to below zero at night again. Old man winter just won't let go. Well, just getting ready for another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Yes the wife dragged me out of bed this early.  Have to be in the big city by 9:15.  I don't know why this is a 2 hour meeting?  I asked the wife if I could ask the nurse to bring me a cappuccino and a scone.  She said don't you dare.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:  She used to be an LPN.  Well with this cold weather I can go get more wood since it won't be as muddy.  At least that is a bright side to spring being 3 more days away.  Well see ya later, I have to gulp my coffee.  I am getting the "eye".   

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, have fun LPS!!  12 here and might see 29 today they say..   and yes cooler here too this week..  have a few things to do today so that will be good stuff to get done..  have a good day all... 

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Yes the wife dragged me out of bed this early.  Have to be in the big city by 9:15.  I don't know why this is a 2 hour meeting?  I asked the wife if I could ask the nurse to bring me a cappuccino and a scone.  She said don't you dare.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:  She used to be an LPN.  Well with this cold weather I can go get more wood since it won't be as muddy.  At least that is a bright side to spring being 3 more days away.  Well see ya later, I have to gulp my coffee.  I am getting the "eye".
What city are you getting your eyes done? Ya 2 hours seems long. I think both of my consults were about an hour. And your favorite, they will dilate your eye\s. Good luck.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin guys, back south of the border since about 10 am yday. Except for the ditches & the fencelines all the snow pretty much disappeared somewhere near the border. Even noticed a few front yards looking a little green here in town. It's 25 now & we may hit 50 today :scratch:, 47 is predicted. We left the lake about 4:30 & walked in the door here ~ 12:30. I've got some errands to run 1st thing today & will go from there. Have a good day.
« Last Edit: March 03/27/23, 07:43:57 AM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' comrades! 21 at choretime heading for a high in the upper 30's. It's struggling to be spring here too even though there are some not so subtle hints. My excursion to the wetland in the Gator yesterday revealed we still have a ways to go yet. A lot more snow than I expected so had to pick my spots or I would've been stuck. A lot of places there was still snow 1' - 2' deep and I couldn't get to all the pussy willows as a result. They weren't ready yet either & will probably be a week the rate we're going. When checking the fence on the same trip, there were places it was still buried under 3' - 4' of snow. After putzing inside I pruned about half of the Haralson tree. With the NW breeze it was none too warm even though the thermometer said it was 37 degrees. Looked at today's forecast. It started out at 21. It'll take until noon to get above freezing. By 8 p.m. it'll be back below freezing. Hard to make much headway when it's only above freezing 8 hours a day.  :sad:
« Last Edit: March 03/27/23, 10:38:17 AM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
Good afternoon all.   Spring is holding off a bit longer.  Sun is shining but it is cold out there today.  Putting in more boat remake time this afternoon.  Coming together.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
JB it was in Bemidji.  It did take 2 hours.  Saw 3 assistants and the Dr.  He said boy your eyes dilate real nice.  No wonder I can't focus for 6 hours afterwards.  First eye will be done on April 19.  A week later they do the second one.  Have to drive back the next day after each procedure for checkups.  The wife has her Dr appt there a week later.  We will be sick of that drive after that.  If it was warm April weather we could keep the dogs in our kennel and stay overnight.  Looks like 50's for the day and about 32 for overnight.  Not sure they can handle that.  I have extremely warm dog houses in each kennel but don't know if they go in them or not.  I guess they should figure it out.  Right???   They have coupons for motel bargains too.  That would save 4 hours of driving.  Hmmm  Mayhaps it WILL be nice by then.  ???  Everyone think positive.  I am trying to talk the wife into it right now.  Wish me luck. 
« Last Edit: March 03/27/23, 04:23:28 PM by LPS »

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
LPS has all the fun drives.....   

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
JB it was in Bemidji.  It did take 2 hours.  Saw 3 assistants and the Dr.  He said boy your eyes dilate real nice.  No wonder I can't focus for 6 hours afterwards.  First eye will be done on April 19.  A week later they do the second one.  Have to drive back the next day after each procedure for checkups.  The wife has her Dr appt there a week later.  We will be sick of that drive after that.  If it was warm April weather we could keep the dogs in the kennel and stay overnight.  They have coupons for that too.  That would save 4 hours of driving.  Hmmm  Mayhaps it WILL be nice by then.  ???  Everyone think positive.
Our dogs always get a room spot, even if its an extra 10 bucks. Hey April doesn't look too bad in these parts as far as not so accu weather goes, we'll see! Looking back the last few years the garden was tilled around April 21st but last year was May 5...

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
By the way,  that's great the appt went well!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
late afternoon fellers........ SHEW....... did my best Dotch impression today!!!!!! :rotflmao: NO... :tut: i didnt nap!!!! :tut: i pretended i was really busy!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

worked till noon......headed to paynesville......switched title and paid new tabs for a 4 wheeler up north, filled a 20 lb propane tank, visited mom, then back to town got softner salt and since i guess i failed miserably at planning tonights super......got broasted chicky from the store!!!!!!

that outta be enough for 1 day!!!!!! :pouty: :doah:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
By the way,  that's great the appt went well!!
yep..........he gets his eyeballs fixed up he'll be able to see that Amazon screen purrrfect!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: dont tell your wife i said that though LPS!!!!! :shocked:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
late afternoon fellers........ SHEW....... did my best Dotch impression today!!!!!! :rotflmao: NO... :tut: i didnt nap!!!! :tut: i pretended i was really busy!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

worked till noon......headed to paynesville......switched title and paid new tabs for a 4 wheeler up north, filled a 20 lb propane tank, visited mom, then back to town got softner salt and since i guess i failed miserably at planning tonights super......got broasted chicky from the store!!!!!!

that outta be enough for 1 day!!!!!! :pouty: :doah:
Not bad for a retired fella,  you'll be sore tomorrow!!  :rotflmao:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Tomorrow  :scratch: :doah: hello I'll be hitting the ipephron tonight yet!  :confused: :doah: :rolleyes:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I love that broasted chicken.  Hard to beat that.  My first eye surgery isn't for about 3 weeks so still in the clear. 

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Glad the appt went well LPS. Hopefully the weather is warmer by then so you can save a trip. Guess I was lucky to go to the eye doc in Warroad. My follow up appointments were right in Warroad. The biggest thing after is doing the eye drops on the schedule. I paid the extra to get the one drop that does is all instead of the separate drops. Good luck!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
They said they do the inject something so you don't have to do the drops.  Antibiotic I think.   :happy1:  Can you see great now JB?  Man my site is fuzzier by the day I think.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Interesting. I had to do the drops both times. Yes I can see great now. It was like night and day difference. I still need to wear glasses though. My right eye is for distance and my left eye is for up close. So I don't need readers. Someday I like it that way and some days I don't. Kinda torn. You will see a big difference too.

Morning boys. -3 here and heading for 21 today. Just getting ready for another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 2 here and saying we could see 26 today..  might go to Sauk Center today the meat locker and then pick up some beer.  got a few other things to do today too..   have a good day all...   

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin all, 22 here & headed for 45. We may see a few flakes after midnight, < 1" though. I didn't quite get all me running done yday :rolleyes:, so I'll start there. A couple more things in mind too. Have a good day.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin fellers.........single digit for a temp at the moment. at least its above 0  :happy1: WC says -2 at the cabin. weather gawds are yappin about some system coming in thurs.fri.  got me an appt to donate blood thurs afternoon. got me some misc projects on my list  to do today!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Was -2 but skyrocketed up to +6 now.  I will go get wood but no hurry.  JB both of my eyes will be for distance.  I will still wear glasses that will be for close up.  I can go without them if I want to bring cheaters with me all of the time.  I figure I will just wear glasses so I always have them.  I am looking forward to getting it done.  He said they just about knock you out but you are still awake when they do it.  We also brought home a family size Papa's Cowboy pizza.  Has everything on it and it was great!  Still some left for today. 

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Stopped at menards and picked up 10 sheets of OSB and 6 rolls of insulation. $400.00. Should keep me busy for awhile. Need to drop off my taxes today and a stop at the store. Craving some ring sausage with sauerkraut and potatoes. Later.... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Stopped at menards and picked up 10 sheets of OSB and 6 rolls of insulation. $400.00. Should keep me busy for awhile. Need to drop off my taxes today and a stop at the store. Craving some ring sausage with sauerkraut and potatoes. Later.... :happy1: :happy1:

dats good eats!! 

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' comrades! 13 at choretime heading for a high in the upper 30's. Can't wait for more of these February thaws! Oh wait, it's damn near April! :doah: At least there's more sunshine on tap for today. Chores done, got my copy written & submitted so now I can focus on mailing stuff to glenn. Have packing tape, will travel. Should head into the office after a spell. Not much going on there either. Most guys aren't doing much yet unless they have monster sized heated shops. Yards are pretty muddy when they thaw out. Need to check in with my accountant to see what he's been up to. Need to get thru the livestock income and expenses in my shoebox so he has that. Luckily the feed store gives me an Excel spreadsheet. All I have to do is sort out the cheese curds and Hope butter! 

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. -1 here and heading for 24 today. Barely made 20 here yesterday. Cut firewood and loaded woodshed last night. Otherwise just getting ready for another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.