Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4903417 times)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
 :angry2: :confused: tuned into the local news to catch a recent up to date weather report and we get the 3 ring cercus in new York. :puke:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Just got 2 extra round bales out for the horses.  There are already 2 in bales rings out there so they should be ok for awhile.  The grocery store was as crowded as I have ever seen it.  Storm prep.  I almost picked up Great Northern beans instead of kidney beans for my chili.  lol  There is now an open water channel at Vidas.  Just a little dark snow/ice at Silver Creek.  Nothing here yet.  Slowest breakup ever.  I wonder what this snow will do.  May push the ice down and open up better.  ????   We shall see. 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey Smurfy, you still drinking that bud light?    Get some of the new cans with that mulvaney on them, they'll go over great with the guys. :crazy: :crazy: :smoking: :sleazy: :mooning:
:rotflmao: Del........i've never in my life drank skud light!!!!!!!! i may have had 1 and thats why!!!!!!!!! :doah: :happy1: ;) 

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
I had the same thought about the river ice too LPS. Will the extra weight push it down and make it go faster. Just watched the weather. They have us in the 15"-26" range.  :doofus: Holy crap. I hope they are wrong. Blowing hard here already and snowing.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
it must be really swinging north from here??    :scratch:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
That was KVLY. Going to watch KVRR and see what that says now.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 18, snowing and blowing here this morning. They are claiming another 6"-10" here yet today. Guess it is a work from home Wednesday for me today. Can't really tell what we got so far. Just lots of drifts in the yard. Heard about 11" in Warroad and 9" in Roseau. See what LPS says about Baudette. Have a good one boys.
« Last Edit: April 04/05/23, 06:31:30 AM by Jerkbiat »

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, got a bit more snow over night, but nothing like they were yapping about..  I'm OK with that..got a few things done yesterday and the plan is to continue on with more today...  have a good day all!!   

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents, 37 to start here & we're going to get all the way up to 39. :scratch: A west wind @ 20 already & even worse this PM. Got a couple things around the house to start & will go from there. 'Bout it here, have a good 1.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers..........we have just a small trace of snow on the ground. looked at the webcams at the cabin area, they didnt get half what they were blabberin about  :scratch: :scratch: its still windy. do a couple things on my list today about it!!!!!

lookin forward to the warmer temps by the weekend but not the mess. i'm no expert but that sudden rise it temps might start causing issues with flooding............

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Cool and damp here in God's country..I wish our friends to the north would quit blowing all their cold air down here.

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
I can barely see the tire tracks in the snow on the driveway here, but I do believe we got a bunch of ice on the roads judging the slow moving vehicles last night. Later.... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' comrades! 34 at choretime with temps slowly dropping as the day wears on. Was still 38 yet at 3 a.m. .06" of rain at the ranch in the past 24 hrs. & .17" in Bugtussle. It shut the satellite down briefly last nite but it didn't rain long enough to amount to much. More tax & Medicare B.S. on tap for today.  Small square bale supply is getting tight so will have to get that worked on as well. Wife is crabby and not helping much so at least I've got that going for me... :rotflmao: Hope you guys up north survived snowmageddon. Be betting we haven't seen the last of Old Man Winter here even though they're yapping about 70's for next week.     
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Things up here in the great white north are under control.  I just did a basic plow job.  Then I took the wife to work.....   :sleazy:    :rotflmao: :rotflmao:  I feel like I am plowing gravel off the driveway so didn't widen it out like usual.  Got the yard here done too and also not like usual.  Will wait for the warm weather to melt it instead of plowing up ruts.  I think we got about 8-10".  More to come.  Windy and real small flakes coming down.  It is real dirty snow.  I can see when I shovel that there are tan veins of snow between the whiter stuff.  ???  Must be ND dirt blowing around.  Have sausages in the pan thawing out.  Sausage and eggs with toast this morning.  Be careful out there.
« Last Edit: April 04/05/23, 09:35:55 AM by LPS »

Offline Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
Good morning all.   Woke up this morning at 0430 to rain...it was actually raining pretty good.  Son said it had been raining for a couple hours.  Now it has turned back to snow.  We got about 4-5" yesterday but it drifted pretty good in some places.  Shoveled the walk and water ran from the snow.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll: :sleazy: i see ole Dutchy is stirrin the pot over yonder!!!!!!! :happy1: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Some call it stirring the pot....others call it the truth.....still others it gives them something to think about.   :coffee:
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
They are saying 55 and rain here on Sunday and 63 on Monday. 

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
They are saying 55 and rain here on Sunday and 63 on Monday.

welcome to Minn!!! 

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I will believe it when I see it.  Lot of snow keeping things cool for awhile.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
I will believe it when I see it.  Lot of snow keeping things cool for awhile.
Ya, that would be surprising

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 25 here heading for 31 today. Seems to be done snowing. Cleaned up the driveway last night. Not windy this morning like I thought it was supposed to be. That's good. Well, just getting ready for another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all , 14 here and might get to 29 today, winds have gone down to about 20 mph or less which is good!!!  bring on the melt!!!   got a few things I want to do today..   have a good day all...   

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Looks like around another 4" last night in International Falls. 14 degrees this morning heading for upper 20's they say. Will go out and plow and clean up the snow again today. I'm told by a feller West of me that winter is over and I will witness spring in a couple of days.....we will see.

Twins are 4-2 and on a 2 game slide. Home opener Friday so we will see what direction things go.

Stay safe.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Snowing to beat he77 here now.  Yes I will have to go out and plow again too.  They are now saying up to 67 on Wed with low 60's on Mon and Tue.  Bring it on.  (not gonna happen)  It is Masters weekend.  Sure doesn't feel like it.  We enjoy it.  Even some of the defectors will be playing.  I read that the Saudi courses are smaller and much easier to play than the US courses so will be interesting to see if they still have it when it comes to the A courses.  Hoping the guys that stayed here win it all.  The snow is barely coming down now.  Sure been quiet here lately. 
« Last Edit: April 04/06/23, 07:15:10 AM by LPS »

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin guys, 24 here south of the border & we're 'sposed to get close to 50. Winds have backed off to ~ 15 but are going back WNW, like late AM yday, by late afternoon. Our 10-day says 60 for the next couple, about 70 for Sunday-Tuesday, & around 80 for Wednesday-Friday. :cool: I'll be checking out what's happening at Augusta as it's my favorite tournament too, LPS. No more now, have a great day.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
Good morning all.   Looks like the snow has left us..well at least for now.  15 cold and windy here.  At some point I suppose I should plow but the rest of the day is a shop day.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' comrades! 23 at choretime heading for a high in the low 40's. Lotsa bright sunshine as we start on what appears to be a spring warmup. Reputedly some upper 70's here by Wed. Trusting the weather forecast is about like trusting a fart. Waiting for it to melt the snow off the electric fence so I can charge it. In the meantime, in order to install another round bale feeder outside the barn, looks like I'll have to extend the temporary enclosure with a couple more hog panels. Won't be able to get more small square bales until the weekend. Had to smash ice out of the water buckets again this a.m. This livestock in the winter crap is overrated.  :angry:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
I did finally get that second corner in the garage insulated and covered. Now I need to get everything put back int's place over there. Then the plow is coming off again and it's a good chance the blower may come off the tractor in the next day or two. Need to play that one by ear and check the 10-day forecast first for that. Have a great day all, later.... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I can hear the gravel being plowed off when I am plowing now since the ground is softer.  I will have to try to leave my plow up some and you know how well that doesn't work.  LOL