Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4901259 times)

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' comrades! 60 at choretime heading for a high in the low 80's. Morning from hell so far. Did chores & decided to move the leftover part of a round bale out of the lambing barn lot into the main barn lot. A lot of work but hate seeing good hay go to waste. By the time I got the feeder in place, got the core out of the bale, pried it off the bale spear & went back to fork the bottom of the bale into the bucket, a couple of no account yearling ewes decided they'd blow through the open gate. They proceeded to tear thru the electric fence and into the group of ewes with lambs. :angry: Since it was Sunday, I blessed them using a lot of religious words. Grave error on their part. They'll be on the next trip outta here to Zumbrota and onto some ethnics dinner plate. I have zero tolerance for that crap.  :mad1:

Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning from hell is exactly it.  I hit a low stump with the mower and now it is vibrating so will have to take the deck off and see if it is a blade or the belt.  So friggin tired of hitting low branches whilst mowing that I almost cut the whole apple tree down.  I trimmed the he77 out of it. The lilac bush is next.  It may or not survive the trim it gets.  It sure smells good but I am the one who fights with it when mowing. No maintenance will happen today though.  I showered and am going to stay fresh all day.   :sleazy: I can guarantee that Hubert will be coming up the driveway earlier today. 

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
lilac here got trimmed last year, not enough..  it will get it again here too!!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Today is the gift that just keeps on giving. Greased & gassed the tiller up. Ran thru the bed by the well and worked up the small garden south of the house. Made 4 or 5 passes on the long rows in the main garden and I notice all the sudden one wheel isn't turning. The tire has come unseated from the rim. Wonderful. Now I have to rewire the end on the air compressor cord because the well guys used a crappy cord on it a few years back and partially fried one of the prongs off it. Tried it the other day. No worky. If that doesn't work, I'll have to take the SOB off and take it to the office. Some days it just doesn't pay to get out of bed.  :angry: 
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
So I sense the boodles getting hit rather early today. :drinking: :tequila; :drinking:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
You got that right, pilgrim.

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
 :fish2: Glad you're feeling better anyways!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I haven't had gin in years.  Used to enjoy it too.  We would have gin gimlets or gin and tonics with lime.  That was back in the bachelor days.  We kept the floors nice and waxed too.  You could spill some whiskey no problem.  If you spilled gin it immediately took the wax right off.  Could see where each drop of gin hit the floor. 

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Say Dotch.  Couldn't you just drill about 8 holes in the rim and in each run a piece of baling wire through it and wire that flat tire right to it?  Just thought I would help. 

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Afternoon peoples 81 here. Felt good coming home a day early,  the garden did pretty well considering no water for almost a week,  the wife's new hydrangeas that got planted a week and a half ago don't look so good, so she's crabby.  Good time to put some ear buds in a cut some grass I say, the friggen helicopters coming off the maples are shovable in the driveway,  the patio and roof are just as bad.  Well momma just pulled in from grocery shopping,  I best disappear....see ya!!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Happy hiding, boober!  :rotflmao: Thanks for the sage advice Barry. With my luck earlier I'd need 9 holes and my drill batteries would croak. :doah: Actually my wiring skills must've been "on" today. The compressor worked after I put the new end on the cord, once anyway, enough so it seated the bead back on the rim. I went back out afterwards and got over half done. I need to move some of last year's bunny fence yet, mow off some of the shepherds purse I burned down with glyphosate then I can finish tilling what was garden last year. I also sprayed a piece of pasture that I should mow. Not going to diddle with tilling it today. That will almost double the garden area & is slated for vine crops. Hopefully there's enough left of me so I can plant some yet tonite. If not, there's always tomorrow.  :coffee:   

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 57 here and going for 81 again...  some haze out there too...  again another great day yesterday!!!  today I have a few things I have to get done, go pick asparagus for 1..  have a good day all... 

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 60 here and going for 80 today. Nice day yesterday. The wife sprayed for dandelions and then a little later she sprayed for skeeters. That must not be working yet. There are a ton of skeeters on the window screens. Usually that Talstar works pretty good. :scratch: Guess we will see in a couple days. The wife went off to work today, so I am just chilling again. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gang, 57 last I looked here & headed for 83. Heading home tomorrow so today there'll be some prep work getting done. Better roll, have a good 1.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' comrades! 62 at choretime heading for a high in the low 80's. Main garden tilled so after I get back from looking at a field or two, planting can commence. Might've overdone it a tad yesterday. The spring cold I thought was gone reminded me it's still there last nite. Feel better this a.m. but I'm gonna shift it a down a gear today. As it is I won't make it to the cemetery as I've done in years past. Too many farmers calling worrying about lord only knows, making what should be a day to get some of our stuff done anything but. 

Thank you veterans!  :ustroops:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
thank you sir!!    :happy1:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Had a great time camping last night.  When we first went to light the fire Buddy the black lab had so many squitos on him they were uncountable.  The wife had these wipes in the camper so rubbed him down with them.  I threw some birch on the fire and it really smoked and the skeets actually disappeared.  Couldn't believe it.  We were just about ready to run for cover.  Our Hobo dinners were darn good too.  Good time had by all.  Will check out that deck on the mower today.  Hoping it is just a bent blade.  It is so dry here that the wife said when she walked up to the house about 7 that her feet were dry.  No dew whatsoever.  The garden looks great.  I will take pics as I can't post the video here.  Time for more coffee.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
AND Happy Memorial Day to the Vets everywhere.  I appreciate everything you have done for us so we can have the great lives that we do have.

Online Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
Good morning All.  Warm and windy on the lake already.  Winnie has been good to us on this trip again this year.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
well got the asparagus picked, seen deer, turkeys and a fox the round trip...  deer looked healthy too!!!   

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Went by yesterday about 9 am.  Saw your wheelers there ready to go.  Was going to honk but didn't want to wake you.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

9:00 we were eating pancakes and sausages. You missed out on it. We did another 60 miles yesterday in the dust. Figured out why I bought this SXS. Paint jobs match. Later……
mm

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Like  We drink some Hamms now and then too.   :happy1:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
One customer likes Hamms. I don't turn it down when he offers me one. We drank it some in college. Of course we drank anything we could get our hands on that was cheap. At $2.10 a 12 pack in returnable bottles, it was almost like they were paying us to drink it. :doah:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
afternoon fellers.........worked the store today. think Dotch sent is cold up this way.......... :scratch:

off to thew big city tomorrow for wifes new hip.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
took the new to me Harley out for a ride after lunch, 90 plus miles!!   a nice bike...  went over to Ripley and it was decorated up very nice with the American flags!!!! 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning fellers. Getting ready to head to the cities. Sue says she's excited, nervous, scared all at once .

All I know is we are coming to a conclusion of a long friggin 8 months.  Not because I had to do most everything around here but for her to be able to do her own things. Be able to drive again.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  It rained during the night but didn't amount to much.  Maybe 1/8".  Things are pretty wet though so it will affect what I do today.  May have to go fishing. Good luck with the new adventure Glenn and Sue. Hope all goes smooth as heck.  It's time.  Coffee is brewing whilst the bride sleeps late.  She has the whole week off.  Retirement practice.  She has a couple of years to go yet.  Fun Twins game last night.  We tuned in the 8th inning.  Tied it up and then won. 

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Hope all goes well for the wife Glenn. And safe travels today.

Morning boys. 61 here and heading for some 80s I think again today. Chance of rain showers too. We got .21" of rain last night. That won't affect what I do today though.  ;) :rotflmao: I can still sit on my arse and go stir crazy. Wife is off to work.  Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, good luck Sue and Glenn!!  got a few things done yesterday and had some fun too..  not sure what all I have going on today, but I'll figure it out as the day rolls along..  got some rain to but not sure how much yet either..  very little the way it looks in the bird bath...  ok no more than 1/8 inch here too...  not enough...   have a good day!!

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Woke up to a light show this morning. Still raining steadily. No gardening today. Checked the gauge and we have .62" so far.
Best wishes Glenn.