Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 5456316 times)

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin guys, 62 & drizzly here. It looks like 69 will be the high. Never made it out :fishing: yday & since we're going to town today too, I probably won't get out today either. We did have a little HH over at the neighbor's on his new cement patio yday though. 'Bout it here, have a good day.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  It is 62 here and like JB said it just started sprinkling.  Mother nature is keeping us wet.  Not a lot planned other than going to cook up some pork steaks that have been in the freezer.  The garden is really growing and have some golf ball sized maters too.  Will be nice when we can start picking them.  Well stay out of trouble today.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
morning fellers..........how are the skeeters and flies up in the north country???they back off a bit or not??

rained a wee bit here this morning, dont think it was much though! its going to be one of them Gunner, Mikey LPS, and JB kinda days!!!!!!! :happy1: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

tomorrow is another trek down to the U for 2 appts. hopefully she can get those drain tubes out!!!!
« Last Edit: June 06/28/23, 08:11:44 AM by glenn57 »
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers..........how are the skeeters and flies up in the north country???they back off a bit or not??

rained a wee bit here this morning, dont think it was much though! its going to be one of them Gunner, Mikey LPS, and JB kinds says!!!!!!! :happy1: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

tomorrow is another trek down to the U for 2 appts. hopefully she can get those drain tubes out!!!!
Oh sure. Now I get included in the list.  :rotflmao: At least for another couple weeks. Than it is back to the salt mines.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

rained a wee bit here this morning, dont think it was much though! its going to be one of them Gunner, Mikey LPS, and JB kinds says!!!!!!! :happy1: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Oh sure. Now I get included in the list.  :rotflmao: At least for another couple weeks. Than it is back to the salt mines.
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :nerd: :nerd: Mikey made me say it!!!!!! :rolleyes: :evil:

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Trailer project got done yesterday. Roy tried to pay me, I told him if he gave me any money he wasn't allowed in the garage again. Ribs were a hit last night. Also got two shotguns cleaned yesterday. Dr. appt at 9:40 this morning where I'll get my azz chewed because my blood sugar is around 300 right now. Well that's why I'm going there today. Need my Rx renewed and refilled. Raining very nicely here now, later.... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Yesterday I took advantage of the nice weather and sprayed all the food plots. Things look pretty good at the land. After returning from the land and taking a short rest, I headed out for some evening bass fishing. I did catch 7 bass but the nords were biting like crazy. Amazingly I did not get bit off a single time.  :azn: 
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' comrades! 63 at choretime heading for a high in the low 80's. .09" of rain overnite at the ranch & .10" in Bugtussle proper. Eventful late afternoon when a customer sent me a blurry pic of some worm on his late planted soybeans in the peat. Leech can appreciate this: Farmers take horrible pictures. Must go  to the same photography school all the sasquatch photographers do. :doah: Anyway, could see whatever it was was really chewing the snot out of the plants in the picture. Took the Gator down to take a look & couldn't believe what I saw. More black cutworm than I've ever seen in a soybean field, enough so that treatment was warranted. I've seen them take an occasional plant over the 42 years I've been doing this stuff but never seen them concentrated enough to wipe out a stand. Banking stuff on the slate today so nothing as exciting as yesterday.     
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
made it to town and back, while at the first grocery store, they had Mrs. Gerry's tater salad.. was marked $6.99, fairly new up here... so I decided to buy it to try..   get to the check out and it was on special, 2 for 10!!!  got it for $5!!! 

Offline Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning All.   65 and a light rain makes for a good day to take care of some garage projects.   Made it out fishing for a bit yesterday so it's fish for dinner tonight.   Have a great day.

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 63 here and heading into the 70s today. Looks like more rain this afternoon. We got 1/4" yesterday. Finally quit around 3 and then I went and fished off of the dock until 8. Caught 1 mid 20ish pike with a quick release at the dock.  Otherwise just a Glenn, Gunner, LPS, and Mike kinda day. 😝 :rotflmao: Have a good one boys.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin all, 59 with a heavy fog here, 79 is supposed to be the high. Everybody & their brother was in GR yday shopping. :crazy: Made it back here by about 2 & the light rain stopped around 3. We picked up something for the neighbor, so he came over to get it & we chatted for bit. I hit the lake after that & caught 1 littler smallmouth. No more now, have a great day.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning fellers, good one JB !! :rotflmao:

Getting ready to take the wife to the big city. Damn it's foggy out. I know it ain't me, didn't have cocktails last night! :happy1:

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Safe travels Glenn!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  We ended up with about 3/8" yesterday.  63 now.  Hoping to cut some wood today.  Not a lot else going on today.  I see a little breeze so that should help dry things out.  Later boys.

Glenn good luck with you and Sue's venture. 
« Last Edit: June 06/29/23, 07:38:20 AM by LPS »

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 65 here and heading to 80ish..   got what I wanted done yesterday and keep going on more today!  hope all goes well Glenn!!  puter is being feisty this morning..  not going to say a thing!!   have a good day!!

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Well my morning Dr visit went well, the numbers she told yesterday afternoon when the blood tests came back weren't good. Back on the meds again. Anywho, after a trip to the drugstore this morning i'm going to try out the new to me mower today and if it mows my back yard without a hitch it's going up for sale at the end of the driveway and Craigslist. Safe travels and good luck today glenn and sue. Later.... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' comrades! 63 at choretime heading for a high in the mid to upper 80's. Smokey again earlier. A hurry up & wait day so far. One guy is supposed to come in & pay his bill this a.m. Didn't specify a time so probably chained to the desk until then. Another guy called me last nite, figuring we should be running up and down his soybean fields, checking every last square inch for weeds. It's something he's really not paying for, about like expecting a mechanic to change all the fluids when your car goes in for a simple oil change. Something wrong with this picture. Trying to work on that. Getting all my financials in a row so I can try out being a pain in someone's backside.     
« Last Edit: June 06/29/23, 09:43:52 AM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Well the 1045 Cub I overhauled the deck on lasted just over three hours at the end of the driveway yesterday. Had a call 30 minutes after it sold too. Should have asked for more $$$. Need to pack the camper today. Going to try to do 2 months at the campground this Summer. Not staying there for two months, just paying for it, come and go as we please without setting up and then taking it down to go home again. More coffee first, at look at Craigslist (another mower fixer-upper?) and then need to get things done, later.... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Yes Mark I just sold my pull behind mower in 3 hours of being on Craigslist.  Should have asked more for that too.  Oh well, got rid of it.  Got some wood cut yesterday so felt good to get that project under way.  Will hit it hard today too.  I got rained on yesterday twice whilst working.  I have a good union.  First drop of rain on me is Gods fault, the second one is my fault.  lol  Have a good one. 

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 66 here and clear skies. Yup got rained on a couple of times here too yesterday. Didn't amount to much. The wife is off today thru next Wednesday. I am hoping the lake stays fairly calm like it is. I want to get the dock moved over into it's normal spot so we can get the boat down the ramp. I am able to get in the boat now. So hopefully some fishing can be done. Well you boys have a good one.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
m ornin all, good for you Mark!!!   60 here and going for 84 today..  had a good day yesterday and today should be too!!!  not sure what all I have going but one thing is spray the house and and other buildings with tempo!!!  have a good day!!! 

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin boys, 62 here & it looks like 79 will be our high again today. We had a shower again about 8:30 last night & there appears to be another .25" in our gauges. Got in a little boat time already, just 1 little rock-o today. May give that another shot later if it doesn't get too breezy. As usual, a couple small things to get me started & then..................... :scratch:. Hopin your Friday's a good 1.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' comrades! 68 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-80's. A little surprise shower rolled thru late afternoon yesterday. .03" at the ranch & .44" in Bugtussle proper. Was .6" reported in Hartland as well. Do payroll, send in the weather data & then see what other trouble we can get into. Need to finish the weeding/thinning on the Indian corn project once it dries out. Also need to make a grocery run. Have some elk burger a customer gave me to put on the grill tonite.  :happy1: 
« Last Edit: June 06/30/23, 11:08:58 AM by Dotch »

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
been a long time since I had elk!!!   good stuff!!!!   

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' comrades! 68 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-80's. A little surprise shower rolled thru late afternoon yesterday. .03" at the ranch & .44" in Bugtussle proper. Was .6" reported in Hartland as well. Do payroll, send in the weather data & then see what other trouble we can get into. Need to finish the weeding/thinning on the Indian corn project once it dries out. Also need to make a grocery run. Have some elf burger a customer gave me to put on the grill tonite.  :happy1:
Elf burger? Santa get mad?  :scratch: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
dand I missed that!!!   good catch JB!!!     :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:  would it be green then???   

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Better than smurf burglars.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao: morning fellers.......got 3 hours in at the store already. i know there will be a  :campfire: and  :toast: tonight. since momma is going up to her sisters by mille lacs, i'm sure a repeat is in order tomorrow also!!!!! good thing momma picked up more beer!!!!! :happy1: got it on sale plus a $15.00 rebate on 3 cases!!!!!!!  :bow: :happy1:

not sure what i'll tackle yet today  :scratch: :scratch: :scratch: