Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 5454459 times)

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Whew! For a minute there I thought you had misspelled  chicken boobs!  :scratch:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Afternoon boys. Got home a little while ago and what a trip.  Windy as heck from NW of course so had to fight that all of the way.  Was from the S on the way down.  Just like most trips.  Doug I am so sorry to hear about the wife passing.  Damn.  Our condolences. 

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Got to thinking, yea I know it's a dangerous thing, I need to pick up a storm door for the house and a new dish for the camper too today along with the wheel for the tractor. Should be enough to do for one day. Later..... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, I know what ya mean Mark!!!  52 this morning and going towards 73 today..  got a few things to do today, but nothing pressing...  I like that..    have a good day all!! 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Sure good to be home.  We have the Grandson with us till Sat.  Man I have a lot of work to do here.  Mayhaps I can get him on the lawn mower.  I let him drive it around but not with the mower engaged so far.   Will see what his Grandmother thinks first.  Yes Mark there is always something that a guy needs.  My new bar and chain is here now so I need to get to work once it dries out.  Got more rain last night but no real amount.  Just made everything wetter.  I need a hired man that works for cheap. 

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gang, 58 early & lookin for 69 later. I finished the last round of mowing yday, so we're good there for a bit. We had a short cloudburst ~ 2:30 here yday & it rained hard but only for 5-10 minutes. It only lasted about 15 minutes but there looks to be close to .2" in the gauge. Too breezy for the boat but I've got a couple other things in mind. 'Bout it here, have a good day.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 58 here in Moose Lake, supposed to make 72 here. Going to have some coffee and breakfast then pack up to head home. Glad we were staying until Monday. Like LPS said it was a windy one yesterday. The wind can really throw the camper around. We are going to stop a little north of Deer River and drop the camper at my brother's land and they go back there next weekend. That will save some camper pulling at least.  About it here have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' comrades! 50 at choretime heading for a high in the low 70's. Beautiful mid-September day. At least so far the smoke is outta here. Nothing too exciting on the agenda for today. Looked at hail damaged corn & beans Saturday. Ouch but luckily the guys who got it the worst had hail insurance. Usually takes a lot of the sting out of it. Today, check some sentinel fields for soybean aphids, look at some corn for tar spot & see what happens. Think we're about done spraying weeds in soybeans or should be soon. Best do some banking and then get at it.     
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Seems like I have been mentioning cutting the two huge trees, one ash and one boxelder forever.  Well my new bar and chain showed up for my Husky 455 Rancher and it is like a laser compared to my old one.  I got a lot of work done today and feel great about it.  It is pouring rain here now.  Got in just in time. 

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
That's great. There is a ton of wood in them 2 trees. 👍
Morning boys. 53 to start the day here and heading for 70 today. Barry gets all the rain. We got rain on the drive home, but we didn't get anything at home. Getting ready for another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
morin all, 55 here and and going to upper 70's today...   got an appt at the VA this morning for a phy...    oh yea!!  as Mark said!!!  got a couple other things to do also today...  have a good day all!!   

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents, 55 last I looked here, 95% RH & headed for 73, they're sayin. Kind of looks like we could've got a sprinkle or 2 overnight too, nothin measurable though. It's shaping up to be another putzin kind of day here. No more now, have a good 1.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  51 here.  It rained some more as we were watching TV last night.  In all it is still under 1/4".  Things are wet this morning.  Better have another cup of java.  The wife is working mornings starting today for the rest of the week so she can supervise the Grandson and I in the afternoons.  She got a kick out of telling the people at the reunion that too.  LOL  She is a good supervisor too.  He is still in bed so quiet time for me and the animals.  I just have about 6' of the trunk on the boxelder tree to cut and split so I will bother the bees today and then leave them alone.  The ash tree I worked on yesterday too.  That gives the wife branches to burn in her fire.  That is getting piled on the south side of the garage with the birch.  I will have a couple years worth of wood by the time I am done.  Then it is fishing and playing time.  You all have a great day.

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Fairly expense day yesterday, but the wheel is back on the tractor, wife has a dish for the camper along with a new 6' table and there's a new storm door on the front of the house. Nothing $380.00 can't cover. Good luck Mike. The Dr. last week asked if wanted the "normal procal" exam or if I'd like to have it checked with some blood test. I did the blood test, no slippery feeling between the butt checks until you get home. ;) Thinks I'll try to wax the boat today, later..... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
yea I did that last year too Mark, along with the home test kit...   also went to a local funeral parlor and start getting things lined up for the my ending!!!  the only cheap about us is us!!!     :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:   off I go!!!   

Offline Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
Good morning All.  Nice cool morning here this morning.  Lake is like glass and calling me out.  All the rain went either north or south of us.  We need some really bad here.   

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey I forgot that today I turn the cool number of 69.  Reminds me of George Carlin's dirty number skit.  Remember what a 71 is?   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Congrats!
You're 9 months older than me.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
 :happybday: Barry!!!!  :party3:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' comrades! 53 at choretime heading for a high in the upper 70's. Looks like another beautiful September day on tap. With the recent cool nighttime temps & given a few more in the forecast, could see some mid-December to Christmastime lambs. The ram was pawing at some of the ewes last nite so wouldn't surprise me. It's happened before. Studebaker's at the shop today getting a new wiper switch installed so drove that into Bugtussle this a.m. Talked to my buddy about the Canadian expedition. He had to bring the boat home so will be fishing off the dock. That's OK. Didn't plan on getting too serious about that anyway. Copy written & submitted. Getting towards one of my favorite times of day: Lunchtime!

Happy Birthday Barry!  :happybday: 
« Last Edit: July 07/18/23, 01:07:11 PM by Dotch »

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
well made it home from the VA!!!   2and 1/2 hours there!!!!  but they were very good about every thing!!!   labs were the only down fall...   first 2 gals each tried twice and failed at drawing blood...  close but no cigar!!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao:    3rd gal was the one that always did it before, one poke and 7 vials full!!!!   dang good folks!!!!   

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
 :happybday: :happybday: :Clap: :toast:   Happy Birthday Barry!!!   and 2 more to catch me!!!!   

Offline Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey I forgot that today I turn the cool number of 69.  Reminds me of George Carlin's dirty number skit.  Remember what a 71 is?   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Happy Birthday!!!

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
Happy Birthday Barry...:happybday: :happybday:

We made it to Chaska today. Leaving in a couple hours to go to the Chanhassen Dinner Theater to see the Jersey Boys. Going with our daughter's family. :whistling: :toast:  :dancinred: :happybounce:
« Last Edit: July 07/18/23, 03:59:10 PM by KEN W »
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Happy b-day Lps!! I couldn't imagine what I'd want on # 69.. :sleazy: . Evening peoples 83 on my way home awhile ago, I couldn't help myself,  with the lack of rain I fertilized the front yard and ran 3 sprinklers,  2 from the well and one city spigot, I do have another option from the well but that'll be emergency use only. Anywho,  enjoy the evening gents....See ya!!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 63 here and a couple of rumbles of thundér and a few rain drops. Got .04" of rian.  Well, I cut the grass for the first time this season. I am hoping the walking is good therapy. My knee was pretty stiff after, but feels alright this morning. Otherwise just getting ready for another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 63 here and going for the mid 80's today..   going back to Alex this morning but this trip is get a few things...   get in and get it done and get out!!  other than that not a whole lot on the plate today...   have a good day all!! 

Offline Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
Good morning all.   We got just a bit of rain over night.  Not much but we will take all we can get.  Once it drys out I have a few loads of dirt to haul and level out for a future garage project at my Son's.  So basically playing with the big toys today.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin guys, 61 here & 73 will be our high. Had some thunder & a little lightning just before 5. It's done, for now, & it looked like ~ .5" in 1 gauge. Brother said our buddy from the north end of the lake stopped by yday ~ 9:30 but I was out for a boat ride, so I missed him. I was playing with the deck on the Husky the other day & I noticed a wire up front that needed some TLC. When I worked on that yday, I found 2 more that could use some help too. That's today's project. No more now, hopin your Wednesday's a good day.

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Morning all, I was off the air since last Thursday evening when a nearby lightning strike took out my router AC adapter, Spectrum modem and tripped the ground fault that powers the sprinkler system. I got a new modem and the router is currently powered by my Vexler battery.  :azn:  I was not home last Thursday because my wife and I went to the land to watch the northern lights show. Which by the way never happened.  :rotflmao:
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***