Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 5453957 times)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Hope you have a great time with your buddies Dotch.  I am thawing sausage to have scrambled eggs.  Glenn I switched to Purina puppy chow for the pup.  He is doing much better now.  Putting on weight and his coat looks better.  He is sure growing.  Has put on almost 7 lbs now.  I knew you switched to that with Shadow when he was a pup.
:happy1: good to hear.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Hope you have a great time with your buddies Dotch.  I am thawing sausage to have scrambled eggs.  Glenn I switched to Purina puppy chow for the pup.  He is doing much better now.  Putting on weight and his coat looks better.  He is sure growing.  Has put on almost 7 lbs now.  I knew you switched to that with Shadow when he was a pup.
:happy1: good to hear.

agreed!!!   :toast:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online fishwidow

• Master Outdoorsman
 when we made the appt they thought it could be allergies. hope its not like my brother's dog. she has food allergies, his food runs $140.00 for a 20 lb bag!!!!!! :doah: :doah:
[/quote]
Nothing on possible food allergies, Glenn?  I’ve been experimenting on some fairly expensive foods with one of my dogs who seems to be scratching more than I think he should. Haven’t hit that price threshold yet.

Offline Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
Good morning All.  Woke up to a good thunderstorm and 55 this morning.  Wish it would just rain like this all day today. It's not supposed to last long and I am sure it will be a sauna by noon.   Just some yard work in the plans today and now probably a bit of garage cleaning this morning.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Pretty cloudy here. 57 now and 81 for the high.  I see we have possible T storms or rain this morning too.  We bring the Grandson to Park Rapids this morning to meet his Dad.  Been a fun week with him.  He is such a good kid.  Almost 12.  We are going to put Jake in the outside kennel for the first time today.  He will be just fine out there and Cooper will be right beside him in his kennel.  I don't want to put them together cuz Jake will want to play non stop and Cooper needs a break from him now and then.  LOL  We tried fishing again yesterday but didn't catch anything.  Tanner is getting the hang of tapping the bottom with his jig now so maybe this fall he can come back when the fishing is better.  Saw lots of bait fish both days we were out there.  It is deeper on the Canada side and it looked like the fish may be in that deep water during the day. Well you all have a great Saturday.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, got plenty done yesterday...   might have to mow a small area of the yard...  getting to be less and less grass to mow...  got a few things I'd like to do today..   have a good day all!! 

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Greetings from Brainerd this am. I dumped out .85” from rain gauge when I got home last night. Didn’t get a drop 18 miles north of there at campground. Oh well. Later…. :happy1 :happy1:
mm

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 65 here little North of Deer River. Supposed to get up around 80. I can hear the thunder rumbling just west of us. It is getting closer. Looks like we will be getting some rain shortly. Our parents are coming up this afternoon and we are going to have a fish fry later today. Hoping for no rain later today. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers........kinda hit the ground running today. lots of things i wanna do. a few dribbles of rain, not enough to  get the deck wet. had to poke Mikes buddy  :evil: :rotflmao: over on FM this morning!!!!! :sleazy:

i'm left unsupervised today........but a  :campfire: and some  :toast: are on the agenda for this afternoon!!!!!!! :happy1:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
not mine!!  he likes you buddy!!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' comrades! 55 in Flanders when I was out to the $hitter ~ 7, heading for a high in the low 70's. Got another .6" of rain yesterday afternoon in a couple thundershowers. Starting the day off with another one. Ate like a savage yesterday so not very hungry yet. In a holding pattern. Having a little tincture to think about it. Heading to the neighbor's tonite so will need to get pretty for them. Pretty low key day so far otherwise. Have a good un fellers! 
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Afternoon peoples, got a project we started down & wanted to get something done on it today while it was still kind of cool. We have 83 now & there's ~ a 30% chance of some rain around 6 tonight. A bit warmer tomorrow but upper 80's to low 90's Monday & Tuesday. Upper 90's by mid week, so we hope to have the project pretty well wrapped before we see 90.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :confused: firefest is going on in town. :confused: gotta turn up my stereo to drown out that crappy country music.  :rotflmao:

If ay good of it, it's a benefit for the fire department. :happy1:

Online deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
My wife and I just completed the online AARP Driver safety course. This is the old 55 Alive course. By state law insurance companies must give you a discount (10% I believe) if you prove you have taken the course. The first time you need to take an 8 hour course and after that you can take a 4 hour course. While taking the course it rained 1.5 inches. Even though we took the course together, I will have to do it a second time because they only print a certificate for the person who signs up for the course.   :pouty:
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Great way to do it.  You cant cheat on time.  lol  They know how to make sure you took the class.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Sorry DE, but no way I take a course online. In my time with the union I don't remember a member in favor of them . Biggest issue was in class interaction and question. That is what we found with the 8 hour course

Online deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
glen57, I see your point. It can be more beneficial for some people to take it in person. I have taken both the 8 hour and 4 hour courses in person and online. My experience has been the online course has much more content and with no interruptions by individuals who just want to tell everyone about their experiences.
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 58 and some haze and fog this morning..   going for the mid 80's again...  got what I wanted done yesterday and even got a bike ride in..   so a good day overall!!!  be the same way today I think!!  have a good day!!   

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin all, same as for mike here, 58 now & headin for 85. We'll go at our project again today early & see how far we can get. :scratch: We hit a good spot to stop yday about 10-10:30 & I wouldn't be real surprised if it doesn't work that way again today. Have a good day.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  62 here going for 79. Real hazy here and it is a 111 rating meaning unhealthy for all people.  Throat irritation will result from too much time outside.  SO that may be a good excuse to lay low.  ???  Brought the boy back so kind of quiet around here.  The pup did just fine in the kennel.  As soon as Cooper started barking when we got home so did Jake.  Kind of funny how he learns from Cooper.  Couldn't stay awake for the Twins finale last night so will read Gunners report next.  Have a good one.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 63 here in Deer River this morning. Hazy and muggy this morning. Rained on us a few times yesterday. We finally set the cooker up under the awning of my brother's camper so we could have the fish fry. So we were all fat and happy after eating. Rain finally stopped between 5 and 6. I tried a new breaker that we got from the grocery store in Warroad. It is called Briggs. It is really good. It is made at Lake of the Woods it says on the bag. Kinda spendy, but really good. Well, we will head home with the camper this afternoon. Have a good one boys.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
That is Tom Briggs that used to own the Wigwam that makes that stuff JB.  He is a salesman for the new Distillery in Baudette so sells his batter too when he is on the road selling booze. We tried it too. 

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin peoples,  took the hounds for a stroll then out fishin fir a spell, 68 here and not a ripple on the lake. Bouncing swim jigs looking fir big slabs but only boated a fat sunny and a decent norten.  Probably throw the dummies for the hounds and give em a lakeside bath before heading home. Bout it ...see ya!!!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers.......got alot done yesterday with the fire and beer!!!!!!!! :happy1: :rotflmao: funny how that happens.yea dream up stuff to do!!!!! :doofus: when my cooler was empty i went in.

got a pretty busy schedule the next few days, starting today.

yesterday our little sheltie took a walk up the street......... :confused: she NEVER leaves the yard. we made the hard choice last night.......we are going to put her down on wednesday. her quality of life sucks and is struggling!!!!!!!! it is going to suck. she's pulled on my heart strings for 16 1/2 years!!!!! :doah: :embarrassed:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
hey sorry to hear that Glenn... 

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
 Best wishes for you all as you go through this process.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
So sorry to hear that Glenn.  She gave you love for a lot of years and you returned it.  Now it sounds like it is time for you to help her.  I feel for you my friend. 

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
That stinks big time Glenn, always tough saying good bye to a loyal fury friend, they all mean so much to us but we owe it to them knowing when it's time to stop the suffering. Probably doesn't help but our past dogs rest between two wood duck boxes overlooking the lake, we all walk over and say hi yet...

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
that's great Bobber!!!  :happy1:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. Sorry to hear about your pup Glenn. That is a tuff decision to make. The down side to having good pets. They become a part of the family.

LPS, that is what I was thinking on who made that breader.
Well, 58 here this morning and heading to80ish today. Otherwise just getting ready for another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.