Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 5453440 times)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
that should made shadow happy!!!    :rotflmao: :happy1: :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
Good afternoon.  Another hot one today. Rained just enough for it to turn into a sauna.  Rest of the afternoon will be inside chores.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. TGIF!!!! 68 here and only supposed to make 71 today. Perfect temp. Little bit breezy off of the lake though. Otherwise getting ready for another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 66 here and going up to the mid 80's today, looks to be humid again too..   yuck..   and not much for winds either..  better than the 90's...  the VA called back yesterday and now they want to do more texts on my legs, just in case they can do something for me..   we will see how that goes...   have a good day all.. 

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  58 here and up to the 70's which isn't bad at all.  Got the mowing done yesterday.  Looks good.  The farmer has my bales done so need to get them home now.  May get that done today.  No big plans other than that.  TGIF. 

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Sitting in camper drinking coffee and no TV. So today's project is to get the dish to work so we can at least watch the news. Spent some time in the pool last night, three beers worth to be exact. Had supper and went to bed. Looking at the weather forecast may be the same today. later..... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
morning fellers.........kinda a Mikey and Gunner day........not sure what or how much i'm gonna get done!!!!!!!! :evil: :sleazy:

oh yea its cold springs big hometown pride days this weekend..............town will be a zoo!!!!!!! hell it was yesterday already with all the garage sales.........driving around like putzes!!!!!!! :doofus:
« Last Edit: July 07/28/23, 07:39:21 AM by glenn57 »
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Won't be moving bales for a week or two.  That is good news.  I will get the camper ready for a rendezvous with the wife this weekend.  A fire is in order too.  Will be great weather for it.   

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I see it's corgi races this weekend at the horse race track, get Miss Poppy ready Dotch!!! 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I see it's corgi races this weekend at the horse race track, get Miss Poppy ready Dotch!!!
:happy1: :happy1: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

we want videos too!!!!!!!!!! :happy1:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' comrades! 70 at choretime heading for a high in the upper 80's. Identical overnight rainfall amounts of .19" at both the ranch and in Bugtussle. N. Mankato got another .87" to go along with the 1.1" they measured Wed. Need to put out some more rootworm beetle traps today altho the corn has been so pokey about tasseling in those fields. Stayed out of the corn yesterday. Found a few aphids in the beans, about where I expected to see them. Crop is marking time but is going to need significant precip soon, especially the corn. Places it was rolled up pretty tight yesterday. Should start training Poppy to race. Last nite she started chasing the water coming out of the hose. We've got pretty good water pressure so it shoots a stream about 15' - 20'. Ruby did that too. Patti our black Lab loved doing that along with being sprayed. 
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 61 and heading towards 77 today..  what a nice day after the front went by, which was more clounds than anything...  daughter and SIL stopped by for a couple hours and visited, which was great to see them!!  even got to send them home with a few things!!  got a lot of apples picked up and still a decent amount to go, then maybe mow in that area again..  have a good day all!!   

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin guys, back at the lake since ~ 8 yday, then Sis & BIL showed up around 11. It was 58 here when I came in from :fishing: & it looks like 72 will be the high. I talked to the neighbor on Thursday & he was back in the metro, he said we'd an inch of rain while we were gone. :happy1: Not sure :scratch: if that included the almost .5" I found in the gauge when we got here or not. Got some mowing to do too but it's too wet now. There's another project down at the lake as well. Sis & BIL headed to DR to meet their youngest daughter for breakfast & then are headed to GR for the Swap Meet & Car Show. 'Bout it here, have a great Saturday.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers...........your right Mike was an awesome evening.........think i'll rinse and repeat tonight...... :campfire: and  :toast:

momma left me unsupervised for the day!!!!!!!! :evil: :sleazy: :rotflmao:

last night sitting by the fire i got to thinking, man its been a really tough 10 months between my mom, my wife and now putting out Sheltie down for me. hoping things start improving, which i'm sure they will.

all i wanna say is i owe you guys alot of THANKS for listening to my issues and helping keep my spirits up whether it be by kind words or razzin me. i wouldnt have it any other way!!!!!! :happy1:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 63 here and a pretty good chop on the lake. Supposed to make mid 70s today. First project of the day for me is to replace the injectors on the Traverse. It is having misfire issues and I think it is the crap injectors that I put in it. So I forked over the money for the AcDelcos. Glad we could be there for you Glenn. You were there for us when our daughter needed help and it was greatly appreciated. Well, time for some unleaded coffee. Have a good one boys.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  It is sunny and 60 here.  Will be in the 70's today.  I got a lot done yesterday early on but felt crappy after that.  Didn't even have a fire.  Mayhaps it is the antibiotics fighting away inside me.  ???  LOL  Glenn it is good to see that you are feeling good.  I tried to like you but the thing didn't respond.  Life can be a tough deal at times but glad we come out of it ok.  No big plans for me yet today and that is ok.  The dogs were really raising hell so the wife put Jake in time out.  LOL  They have so much fun together.  Nice to see.  Well you all have a great day today. 

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' comrades! 64 at choretime heading for a high in the low 80's. Rain was a total miss last nite. Brother in IA down by Grundy Center got .71" in about half an hour. On tap this a.m. is getting some bagged feed in Hope. This afternoon I'll probably get another trailer full of small squares if the guy is around like he said he would be. Got enough to get me through the weekend but would rather get it out of the way now as opposed to getting it tangled up with Freeborn Co. Fair. The wife has been busy getting Floral Hall there ready most of the week so it's been Poppy & I unsupervised here too. No problem glenn. Life hasn't been a bowl of cherries here either but can soldier on thanks in part to the crew here. No one to talk to other than the dog sometimes. :scratch: Hope you feel better Barry. Make sure you eat your vegetables & take your stool softener... :coffee:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Glenn you have had a tough last 10 months but thats all behind you now. I wish you the very best as you go forward.

As far as your issues go, well they have filled 100's of pages of cyber space and filled even more hours for us reading and analyzing  :azn: I think it's us who owe you.  :rotflmao: 
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Evening peoples we made it to Gillette WY bout 5:30, checked in to da hotel and ran Buffalo wild wings otta beer and wings..lol. Ran thru the badlands on the way, no shortage of orange cones to slow one down also. We should be in Yellowstone by early afternoon tomorrow,  it's a good thing we picked up bear spray from what we've been hearing between that park and Grand Teton.  Anywho been a long day, probably crack one more and tip....See ya!!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
That sounds great Bobb.  Have fun.  Take pics of the bear chasing you too.  LOL

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all. 55 this morning and again going for 78 today..   darn nice day yesterday!!!   got a few things done outside yesterday, still have to mow a bit yet...  decided not to do it yesterday..  have a good day all!!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 57 here and heading for mid 70s again today. What a nice day it was yesterday. I put the new injectors in the wife's Traverse and it runs great again. I am hoping that the cheap injectors were just junk since they only lasted about 2 weeks and not something causing them to go bad. Also changed the oil while I was at it. Then we took off after 4 and headed down to the forest. We picked a couple gallons of blue berries. We also mowed our camping spot to. May have even tipped a couple cold ones while there too. Hardly any bugs down there. Only a few skeeters. Made it nice not having 30 to 40 deer flies buzzing us. It will be work on some kind of project day today. Have a good one boys.

Offline tangle tooth

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning all. Looks to be a great day. Got some mulberry trees cleared out yesterday. Son-in-law helped me rebuild part of the kennel. Got a few more things to do on it.
More weeding in the gardens today before the sun gets too intense.
Life is good.
I used to be cute and adorable. Then, I had my first birthday. Been downhill ever since.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin all, 56 here when I went down to the dock & it appears that somewhere around 77 will be our high. Sis, BIL, & niece said that the car show/swap meet in GR was packed yday. Told 'em it was because it was such a nice day. I got my lake project done early & then mowed when it'd dried some. There's more there to do but not sure which area should be next. :scratch: No more now, have a good day.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  I sure was a nice day yesterday.  We built a fire and cleaned up more branches etc and made a big dent in it.  I got out of bed and was getting coffee and talking to the wife and she wasn't even in the house.  She already stoked up the fire so we had round 1 of coffee out there.  Back in for refills now.  I noticed this good sized tree in the woods and here it is buckthorn so it will be turned into fire material before the day is over.  Can identify it pretty good now.  We also noticed this tree right by our fire area with beautiful purple leaves.  It is a Canadian Red Chokecherry.  The berries are real red and are poisonous until you can them.  Then they are safe.  The leaves are green all summer and turn purple as summer progresses.  I used that camera button that someone showed us on Google to identify it.  That is a cool tool.  LOL 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers.........awe the Tanzanian coffee is back!!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1: that is oh so good!!!!!!!! just like a fine beer, think Michelob golden draft lite  :sleazy: :rotflmao: Tanzanian coffee is great!!!!!!

JB...thats awesome about the bugs........glad you mentioned it cause i was wondering about that..........after i'm done at the store i'm headed to the cabin tomorrow!!!!!! :happy1:

got some fine tuning on things around here before i head north so thats the main goal today!!!!!!!! :happy1:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
That sounds great Bobb.  Have fun.  Take pics of the bear chasing you too.  LOL
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: yea i wanna see that........... :mooning: :sleazy:

make sure you get pictures of the streakers in Yellowstone too!!!!!!!  :rotflmao: back in the day when we went to Yellowstone that was the big thing!!!!! :rotflmao:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' comrades! 58 at choretime heading for a high in the upper 70's. Another beautiful day on tap. Cubed up a bunch of cheese for the wife to take to the beer & wine judging competition at the Freeborn Co. Fair. Then the hay fairy unloaded the hay once again. Had some breakfast & coffee, now think I'll kick back with Poppy for a while, clean & refill some birdfeeders, weed some garden & maybe pick some string beans. If I get real ambitious I might mow some lawn. Should probably service the mower first. Oughta be time to squeeze a nap in there someplace. I agree, would like to see pictures of the bear chasing boober. It would build up his stamina for when the Mrs. gets the claws out. Also some while petting the bison calves. Their mothers usually photobomb those.  :coffee:
« Last Edit: July 07/30/23, 10:53:41 AM by Dotch »

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 58 here and heading for 80ish I guess. We got a few small projects done yesterday. Even lot up a fire yesterday evening. It was a nice day. I have the 2 wheels for the camper in the blazer. I will drop them off after work to get the one that blew replaced and might as well do the other too before that one blows. Well, just getting ready for another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.