Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 5450267 times)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  48 here, quite a difference from JB up on the lake. High of 75 here with clouds.  Rain around 7 tonight possible and more tomorrow.  The guys are showing up this morning to put new windows and steel siding on the south side of the barn.  That will be great.  Will show you pics when they are done.  Back in the day they made barns here low so the animals could heat them up easier in the winter I guess.  They also filled the walls up with wood chips for insulation.  Well they got damp and rotted some of the wood.  They put tongue and groove wood siding inside the barn on the walls and the ceiling. The rest of the barn is good but the south side needed attention. Good to hear you are doing well Mike.  Well you all have a good day.   

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Had quick, easy project for late yesterday afternoon. Move the Lowrance 522 from the next to the steering wheel to the bow by the trolling motor. Long story short, someone got a little too aggressive with the side cutters and the transducer cable to the locator got cut. Well that kinda upset me so I sat down on my chair, ordered a new transducer off Amazon had several beers to drown my sorrows. I'm better today. Later..... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I tried repairing one years ago Mark.  Doesn't work.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin all, 54 here & we're headed for 74, I'm hearin. We were just west of Cohasset yday when I learn that someone :whistling: had forgotten their prescriptions at WM. :bonk: So, back we went & we didn't get back out here 'til almost 3. :rolleyes: Not much got accomplished after that. Got a couple things for starters today & will go from there. No more now, hopin your Thursday's a good day.
« Last Edit: August 08/10/23, 07:33:25 AM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' comrades! 63 at choretime heading for a high in the low 80's. .01" of rain both at the ranch & in Bugtussle. Lawn has started to come back to life so will need to get it mowed one of these days. Areas are starting to look a little hairy. Should pick up the ground fall apples & pears first. Sheep will be happy along with all the sweet corn husks & weeds they've been getting. Car club meeting tonite to plan the fall cruise. The geezer brigade is still firmly in command, having difficulty with dates and times so will have to humor them. Had to dodge another Poppy terd again this morning when I got in the pickup. She keeps it up and I'm gonna get a complex.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Had quick, easy project for late yesterday afternoon. Move the Lowrance 522 from the next to the steering wheel to the bow by the trolling motor. Long story short, someone got a little too aggressive with the side cutters and the transducer cable to the locator got cut. Well that kinda upset me so I sat down on my chair, ordered a new transducer off Amazon had several beers to drown my sorrows. I'm better today. Later..... :happy1: :happy1:

yea Mark this got me to thinking of some of the bone head things I have done..  what memories!!!  it's never so bad that it's be worse!!   right??  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: August 08/10/23, 12:47:05 PM by mike89 »
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
No one got hurt anyway.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
morning fellers.......done at the store.......next up cookin me up a batch of my WF salsa!!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :happy1:

got an email this morning another classmate passed away!!!!! :doah:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. TGIF!!!  66 and raining here. We got .44" so far according to the weather station. I think it may be more since it is wind driven and there is a tree blocking it. Rained pretty hard for 2 hours before anything registered in it. We got friends coming up fishing this evening. So we might actually make it out fishing tomorrow. Hopefully the weather is nicer tomorrow. One more day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 63 here and going for about 80 today, not a bad looking morning at all...   got the apples picked up and then did some mowing too..  weeds needed it too!!  the surgery and adjacent area are feeling almost completely healed..   that's good!!  son,DIL and Gd are coming up today so that will be fun and good to see them..   have a good day all!!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  It is rainy and windy here.  We got another 1/2" last night.  They got the barn done and it really looks great.  Even better than we thought it would look.  May do the rest of it next summer.  Spent enough already this year.  Dr appt at 10 this morning for my shots in my back for pain.  Will be nice to get that done.  I got the part I needed to fix the washing machine so will get that done later on too.  Other than that not a lot to do in this weather.  Oh ya I can watch the rest of the Vikes game.  LOL  Have a good one. 

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin boys, 59 here & 69 will be our high. Got most of my stuff done yday including a run to the dump. Could mow a little here too, but pretty wet now, we'll see................ :scratch:. Not a lot else on my list today, so I may go for a boat ride. 'Bout it here, have a great day.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers...........man i slept good last nite...i needed it. made it till the vikes kicked the first field goal then crashed....heard one set of thunder and thats it.  not sure how much rain we got yet.......thats later.

headed down to the IDO GT this afternoon!!!!!! should be interesting!!!!!!! :happy1:

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Just hanging out at campground. No plans for the day. Snack a bit, nap a bit, hit the pool have some beers, have a nice supper look at the fire and bed. Pretty hectic day. Chili dogs and tator tots are the menu tonight. Something different, later...... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  It is rainy and windy here.  We got another 1/2" last night.  They got the barn done and it really looks great.  Even better than we thought it would look.  May do the rest of it next summer.  Spent enough already this year.  Dr appt at 10 this morning for my shots in my back for pain.  Will be nice to get that done.  I got the part I needed to fix the washing machine so will get that done later on too.  Other than that not a lot to do in this weather.  Oh ya I can watch the rest of the Vikes game.  LOL  Have a good one.
Pictures Barry or it never really happened.  ;) :rotflmao:
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Will get them soon when I go to the Dr.   :smiley:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' comrades! 63 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-80's. Rained .54" at the ranch & .60" in Bugtussle overnite. Rolled thru about 2-ish I guess. Heard it growling and rumbling. Knocked the dish out the wife said. Opened one eye, looked at the alarm which I couldn't read & went back to sleep. When I woke up, at least there were no buildings gone, trees down or one stuck thru the side of the house like there was back in 2010. The tree was only about 15' from where I was sleeping. Got the car club meeting handled last nite. Set up our fall cruise & had some other cruises planned. Placated the old guys for the time being & we're getting some new blood. New guy has a '56 Caddy he's been working on. Pretty car but an absolute tank. And he's a good chit so looking forward to him as part of the group & a few more like him. Need to pull 3 sets of rootworm beetle traps today. Should try to get it done this a.m. before it gets warmer. More fun than a person should be allowed to have.  :coffee:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
The barn before and after.  I chose this after pic for some reason.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Dotch having the Dish knocked out is bad enough.  Glad the rest of the farm is ok.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
dressed that side of the barn nicely!!! dog doing his thing, priceless!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
odd shadow doesnt lift his leg to pee.......put i had his family jewels removed shortlyafter we got him???????

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya I had Coopers taken off when he was 5 months.  Sometimes he lifts his leg sometimes he doesn't.  Just stands there and does it. More and more he is doing the kick grass with all 4 feet afterwards. 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya I had Coopers taken off when he was 5 months.  Sometimes he lifts his leg sometimes he doesn't.  Just stands there and does it. More and more he is doing the kick grass with all 4 feet afterwards.
so does shadow.....not all the time but...........

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gang, 59 @ 1st peek here & we'll end up ~ 71. Had a bit more thunder & lightning last night around 8:00. Kind of nasty to start but it didn't last long, so I only found .1" in the gauges today. I did go for a boat ride yday afternoon too, but it was pretty breezy out there. I mowed a little as well. Some more of that today, hopefully. Not sure what else..................yet. :scratch: Have a good day.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  65 here already. Gonna be 71 with occasional rain.  Pretty sunny now but clouds are around too.  Gunner I saw that front on radar and thought you may get more rain than that.  Glad it wasn't ugly.  Well got some putzing to do today but not going to get too carried away.  Now the wife's back is hurting so we are both not up to speed.  Sucks getting older.  Well you all have a great day.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 64 here and blue skies at the moment...  darn good seeing the kids last night...  sat outside til after dark and just talked alot.. and then slept good!!  got a few things to do after they leave today but nothing big!!!  have a good day all!! 

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Sleeping good is a wonderful thing. 

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Not much going on here today. Pretty much wash, rinse and repeat from yesterday. Headed to Hubbard Co. tomorrow to cut grass-weeds and put up a couple of No Tresspassing signs on the end of the driveway. There's a two day auction across the road from us on Monday and Tuesday and I don't need 100 cars parked on the property. Too many lawyers in this world if someone gets hurt and there will be a huge mess of garbage people seem to forget to pick up. If you're a Coke Cola collector this would be a good one for you. This guy had a ton of it. Jokela Auctions if anyone is interested, later.... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' comrades! 60 at choretime heading for a high in the low 80's. Another .04" of rain after most of the action had moved thru the area to either side of us. .10" in Bugtussle. Finished counting all the rootworms beetles last nite on the traps I collected yesterday. The ones from the one continuous corn field were loaded. Guy refuses to plant beans. Corn yields always suck on that field. Thinks there ought to be a magic bullet. There is. Plant beans. Should get the mower fired up today but first need to pick up more ground fall apples & pears, again. Will have coffee & wait for the dew to come off first.
« Last Edit: August 08/12/23, 10:32:06 AM by Dotch »