Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 5447912 times)

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Afternoon peoples 75 here and about perfect! We strolled through the lamb barn fairly early this morning Dotch,  but didn't see you guys, just a handful full of lambs and pit crew as you call em. Boy I tell ya the pit crew kids in the other barns had the looks of I don't wanna be here, kinda funny. Man those horses are HUGE and gorgeous. After some deep fried bout everything and  5 hours of battling people we had and seen enough,  good to go for a few years now. Thinking patio side for the rest of the day....See ya!!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
interesting Dotch....   
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
afternoon fellers....back from the cabin about noon. caught up on things here at home.  attended the first Jessie Lake Watershed meeting as a director!!!! :happy1: not much of a turnout.

this new Prez, is a bit different. think he wants to much at one time. personally id rather see it be a journey not a track meet! :scratch:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Evening boys. Back home from Federal Dam around 3. Got everything unpacked and grabbed a couple beers and sat on the dock for a bit. The Quiet Rout, Great White and Tesla concert was an awesome time last night. Great White was my favorite. We were right up front too. Only 5 rows from the stage.  Pretty crazy when you see how old some of the band members look. Then it makes me feel old. Well, back to reality tomorrow. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
A trip to town is in order for this morning. Need some paint and other trinkets to tune-up the pedestal grinder I bought last week. One of the guards on the side is cracked, does anyone know if I can MIG weld it back together? If not I'll put a buffing wheel on that side. Other than that no big plans for the day, maybe finish out my scores for trap league tonight about it. Have a great day all, later....... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 58 here and heading to the low 80's today..   sounds like fun JB!!!   got everything I wanted done and more yesterday..  just didn't get a bike ride so today for that...   not much else going on today...   have a good day all...   

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  It is 55 here and headed to 76.  Will see high 80's later in the week.  A little foggy here this morning.  My farmer buddy called and today we are going to get bales here for Bucko.  Will be great to get that done.  My energy level still isn't back to normal so it really feels good to get things done.  Hope I am back to normal by the time fishing gets better here on the river.  I am sure it will.  Coffee tastes great this morning.  Have a good one.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. Heading for 72 here today. Back in the salt mines today.  :pouty: I will need to cut the grass when I get home after work today. Going to need to bale it I think. About it here. Have a good one boys.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin guys, 54 early here & we're headed towards 79 later. Went out :fishing: early & got 4 crappies but let 'em all go as I kept some yday. Got busy with trying to get some grass to grow on this side on the new shed after that. It only needs a little water now. :cool:  A couple things in mind for early & I'll go from there. No more now, have a good day.
« Last Edit: August 08/28/23, 11:09:33 AM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Fun catching those crappies Gunner.   :happy1:

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Looks like everyone had a couple nice days in the outdoors. Congratulations dotch on the fair wins. Sorry you have to head back to work JB. LPS, was the hay production down from previous years? we got about half the volume due to extremely dry conditions. I see markn is still working through his retirement job list. My guess is it will be a lifelong retirement project. Nothing better than having a long list of fun things to do when you are retired. Looks like glen57 is putting his past union leadership experience to good use. Mike89, I also have way too many apples. I should have picked half of them before they started growing. Branches are snapping off now.
I spent Saturday and Sunday at the land with my wife. My son his wife and their son came on Saturday. I overseed some of the food plots that didn't germinate due to no rain. I broadcast about 60 pounds of winter rye per acre. On Sunday we crossed the basically dry swamp on 4 wheelers. It was great to have a young buck (grandson is a senior in high school) along to do the climbing up and down while checking and getting stands ready for the season. Back at camp my wife kept the fire going all day and really cleaned up the place. Started up the Argo for the first time since last November. No problems there but if it doesnt rain soon we may not need to use it this year.
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' comrades! 55 at choretime heading for a high in the low 80's. Puttered with stuff, then finally got the call about 4:30 in the afternoon that the sheep were on the way to Faribault. The trailer was already up there so could bobtail it. Loaded the sheep up, had a beer with the kind folks who hauled our 3 head out of the State Fair, then went home & unloaded the sheep. The one yearling ewe is snaky wild & was a real snot about it. She was the same one that smacked herself into the pen at the Fair, cut her nose open & had all the fairgoers who saw it all in a tizzy. Did the chores. Got in the house about dark. Glad that's over with. I'm with boober. A little State Fair goes a long way anymore. Like jb, I gotta get this lawn mowed. In the meantime as Barry said, the coffee tastes great.   
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
We have the tractors in place and trailers hooked up so will do the hauling this afternoon.  DE even though the TV says we are in dry conditions I think it has been just right for our rains.  Haven't heard any farmer friends complain about dry conditions.  I think the hay was real good.  I will verify that after dinner.  I did talk to a friend this morning and he lost 60% of his beans from that hail we had awhile back.  He did have them insured thankfully.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
afternoon fellers......full shift today at the store.  thinkin i"ll hold off on the kraut project till tomorrow!!!  :scratch: tired today!! we have a guy quitting at the store. he come in early mon and thurs to unload trucks. and he comes in sat. been thinking i might add  a few hours but no way i'm going in at 3 and 4 am. undecided on sat yet.

few things i may get done today......if not always tomorrow......right LPS!!!!!!!1 :happy1: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
I hear ya on the 0-300 shift Glenn,  I've been doing it for 12 yrs and no way this Cat will do it after retirement.. bout the only good is getting off early in the day.

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
3 more days of full timing it for this young man. My part time hours will be 7:30 to 3:30 Sun and Mon.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
3 more days of full timing it for this young man. My part time hours will be 7:30 to 3:30 Sun and Mon.
you'll like it!!!!!! you will soon realize how you ever had time to work with all the other things your wife has on her list for you to do!!!!! :scratch: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

already had a chat with the guy that is in charge of the back storage room. i'd stay clear of unloading trucks and just help taking product off the pallets and putting them in the appropriate isles!!!

the saturday thing is still a tough one for me.......unions worked hard for the weekend.........still in my blood......... but they let me come and go as i please so if i got nuttin going......guess it wouldnt hurt........keeps me busy!

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Good for you Roony!! Enjoy your time doing what comes next when you like!  :bow:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Good for you Roony!! Enjoy your time doing what comes next when you like!  :bow:
helping dotch tuesday through saturday????????  :sleazy: :rolleyes: :rotflmao:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

day shift right???   sure hope so for ya!!!    and congrats buddy!!!    :happy1: :happy1:

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman

day shift right???   sure hope so for ya!!!    and congrats buddy!!!    :happy1: :happy1:
Yes, the graveyard shifts are in my past. I hope it all works out for a while anyway.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Congrats Roony!!
Morning boys. 59 here and heading for 68 today it says.  I got the grass wind rowed last night. I will need to take tonight.  Boy was it tall. Otherwise just getting ready for another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, way to go roony!!   JB where ya going to take the grass??    sorry Glenn made me say it!!!   57 here and again heading to the 80's today..  managed to even get a bike ride in yesterday, that was nice...   starting to see more fall colors too...   have a good day all!!   

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin all, 58 here & somewhere near 74 will be our high. Went out early again & got 2 but 1 was pretty small so he went back. The neighbor was out there too, even before me, & he hadn't had any luck, so I gave him the 1 I'd kept. Got all my stuff done plus a little extra yday. :happy1: :cool: Gave part of the new seed a drink when I came in, so givin the rest a drink is where I'll start. The leaves been turning here for 2-3 weeks now, some of the Ash are even coming down when there's enough wind. 'Bout it here, hopin your Tuesday's a good day.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  55 here and headed for a nice 74.  The 80's return tomorrow for a few days.  The air quality number is at 75 now and that isn't good.  I do have to mow at least part of the lawn today.  I may have to haul the grass up to JB since he knows what to do with it.  LOL  Got all of Bucko's bales yesterday.  Good feeling and it is real nice hay.  DE I talked to the guy and the hay did real good this year but that it is dry here.  We must have had good subsoil moisture so things grew well even with it dry.  Makes sense to me.  I will have to put electric wire around them today. Roony nice that you have days off to look forward to.  So you will miss the Vikings games whilst you work??  Record them.  Don't forget your mandatory nap after lunch.  :happy1: :happy1: Glenn will be back to full time at the store by winter.  LOL

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
After a trip to fleet yesterday the yard got cut. After that I started on cleaning up the bench grinder. Going to try to finish that project today, put back together and get it painted. May go out to campground for one last night tonight or tomorrow. That will give us 32 or 33 nights there in two months. Have a great day everyone, later.... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Lol. I will put some of the grass around the base of the smaller trees and the rest will just get composted along the woods. We have room for it LPS.  ;) :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers.........slept in a wee bit today!!!!! :happy1: kraut day today!!!!!!!! :happy1: then we'll see!!!!!!

supposed to get hotter then hell again over the weekend.........that sucks. will probably interfere with my  :campfire: plans!!!!!! :angry2: :pouty:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' comrades! 58 at choretime heading for a high in the low 80's. Nothing too exciting on tap today. Some fertilizer recs to do & should turn in my expenses for Crop Tour. Prolly pick some string beans tonite after chores. Had thought about grilling some stuff too but thinking BLT's will prolly work. Got my copy written so should be good to go. Congrats roony! I'll expect you here at 8 a.m. sharp Tuesday thru Saturday. We got stuff to do!  :drillsergeant:  :rotflmao:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Quote from: Dotch
Congrats roony! I'll expect you here at 8 a.m. sharp Tuesday thru Saturday. We got stuff to do!  :drillsergeant:  :rotflmao:
I hope you mean Gin to drink and cribbage to play. I'll be there but isn't 8am a little early?