Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 5442736 times)

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Looks great Mark.  The like button isn't working at the moment.  I put OSB inside my garage/shop when I did it too. 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
morning fellers......28 when i looked.........hard freeze they say at 28. end of growing season also!!!

JB........just maybe a bit to much hip wiggling when raking!!!!!!! :sleazy: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: thats what they make leaf blowers for!!!!  :happy1: and lawnmowers. other then my black walnut shedding a bunch of leaves and stems, and that tapered of for a bit, my trees have all there leaves intack yet. pretty sure that'll change here soon.

at the cabin we will blow some leaves into the woods but for the most part we've been mulching them up. except for right in front of the cabin door. here at home i have 6 trees in the yard, 1 pine, 1 black walnut, the rest are maple. i save a bunch for the garden under my plants, use some to cover my rubarb and wifes flower bed, the rest gets mulched for the most part.

doing the gunner thing.....laundry. then i'll move down my honey do list......
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
nice looking shed Mark!!!!!!! :happy1: lotz of room the way it looks to buy more stuff from craigslist!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

looks like an OSHA approved lift for that shelf too!!!!!! :happy1: :evil: :rolleyes: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Shed is looking good Mark! Glenn I had to rake because the grass got to long before the wife mowed on Sunday. Otherwise we just do worry to much about leaves. Between mulching and the wind they get pretty much taken care of.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
That is an OSHA approved attachment on the tractor. Got it on Craigslist. Thanks for the comments.:huh: :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
https://kstp.com/kstp-news/local-news/morrison-county-investigating-stone-hill-bar-grill-fire/

well I see another watering hole has gone up in flames...   been there a few times but not the last year or so...   with the issues they were having I'll bet this be investigated real hard...   
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
That is an OSHA approved attachment on the tractor. Got it on Craigslist. Thanks for the comments.:huh: :happy1: :happy1:
i was referring to the pallet setup!!!!!!! :happy1: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

JB.......yea i hear yea. my grass got a bit to long under the black walnut. the leave bower doesnt work all that well on them stems!!!!!so i rake it up. good thing its not a big area !!!!!! :happy1:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
https://kstp.com/kstp-news/local-news/morrison-county-investigating-stone-hill-bar-grill-fire/

well I see another watering hole has gone up in flames...   been there a few times but not the last year or so...   with the issues they were having I'll bet this be investigated real hard...
seen that on the news last night.............so it could end up being one of those Press bar things like in st cloud a few years ago????????

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
There has been a few bars and resorts burning up lately.  Many reasons could play into it. 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
There has been a few bars and resorts burning up lately.  Many reasons could play into it.
the Press bar one was Arson, the coowner is sitting in the clink!!!!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' comrades! 27 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-50's. Toasted things pretty good this time altho looks like the house and trees still kept stuff from getting whacked south of the house. More soil sampling on tap today. Probably get more dog help like I did yesterday. Neighbor Jon told me once but can't remember the cross in the dog pictured below. He's a cool looking dog, super friendly and followed me all over the field. Sampling today around a place where the dogs know me too. Reminds me, I need to replenish my milk bone supply. Ran out. If Annie, the old collie at my neighbor's pasture is outside, she comes over to see if I have treats daily.   

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: October 10/10/23, 10:05:57 AM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

seen that on the news last night.............so it could end up being one of those Press bar things like in st cloud a few years ago????????

I'm wondering!!! 

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Nice looking dog.  Looks part Heeler.  Maybe with some Border Collie?

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Might be. He told me what it was & the dog's  name a year ago. I can't remember either one. If he's got blue heeler in him, he certainly didn't get the aggressive part.
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 35 here and might see 55 today..   going to Alex this morning, one quick stop at the VA clinic and then back to my regular run..  don't need much, just the basic's..  have a good day all!! 

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 46 here and heading for 51 today. Working from home today. Wikstrom is coming to bore in fiber optics from the garage to the house today. Hopefully they don't hit any power or sewer lines. Since they have to go underneath them. If all goes well we should have faster internet by the end of the day. I went and scouted some other state land west of her for deer sign. Kind of mixed in with some ag land. I was expecting to see some more deer sign than I did. I did find a couple of nice trails though. Not sure if I will get time to throw up a ladder stand this year. I guess time will tell. Working in the home mines today. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin all, 43 here & we'll top out at 52. Got some more OSB up yday, mowed a small area, & even worked on the driveway deadfall project a bit as well. I don't need much but we're headed to town today too. No more now, have a great day.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers.........seen 34 when i looked. weather terrorists are talking a 3 day rain event around here starting thursday evening......doesnt sound like alot where i'll be  :sleazy: :sleazy: supposed to be windy too. flapping about how its supposed to put a dent in the drought around here.

goal #1 today is to load as much into the truck as i can for a fast escape tomorrow when i get done at the store!!!!!!  :happy1: :happy1:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  It is 43 here and should get up to 54.  50's is the highs from now on it seems.  Was really dark this morning with the thick cloud cover.  That kept us warmer too.  I noticed I am missing a shingle on the garage.  Hope I have some spare shingles in the garage.  Always something.  So the Twins play at 6 today since Gunner updated me on that.  That will be the highlight of the day.  Hopefully.  LOL   The wife had me look at the hallway where there was a toilet paper trail from the bathroom.  LOL  Well you have a good day.
« Last Edit: October 10/11/23, 07:41:19 AM by LPS »

Offline Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
Good morning All.   42 and a light mist this morning.  Sure hope that rain they are talking gets up here.  We could use about 3 days of a good rain.  Since it is wet out already I think its a good day to build a set of steps for the boat trailer. I swear those fenders are getting further away all the time. 

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Going to make a quick drive from deer camp over to Grand Rapids for a meeting and then hopefully get the boat in the lake this afternoon when I get back. Later.... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' comrades! 28 at choretime heading for a high in the low 60's. Might be the warmest day we'll see for a while. Hope so. Some are banking on it & applying anhydrous ammonia already. Average soil temp at SROC in Waseca (4" depth) for the past 24 hrs. was 53.5. Still too warm. Average soil temps usually get below 50 at the SROC the last week in October. When you're spending $80 - $100 per acre for fall applied nitrogen, it would be nice to feel confident that most of it is still there when the corn crop needs it next spring, rather than gassing off into the atmosphere or on its way to the Gulf of Mexico. But that's just me. Some more soil sampling on tap for today, provided that the neighbor got the corn picked. Sounds like weather moving in so be nice to get it done.   

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Afternoon peoples 61 and sunny,  feels DYNOMITE outside as JJ used to say. Was up on da roof and swabbed out the chimney,  all I gotta do is the fire shelf down below and we're ready for some rip roarers when the temp dips. The pooch is all wound up, I made the mistake of grabbing the shotgun otta the safe, he thinks we're chasing birds right now!! Lol. Anywho looks like I need to wet another line if I want to leap frog DK to chase DE for the fishin title, I gots my work cut out it looks...See ya!!! Oh and I'm sure Glenn will remind us again he's headin up close to Inger...lol.
« Last Edit: October 10/11/23, 04:54:47 PM by Bobberineyes »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Afternoon peoples 61 and sunny,  feels DYNOMITE outside as JJ used to say. Was up on da roof and swabbed out the chimney,  all I gotta do is the fire shelf down below and we're ready for some rip roarers when the temp dips. The pooch is all wound up, I made the mistake of grabbing the shotgun otta the safe, he thinks we're chasing birds right now!! Lol. Anywho looks like I need to wet another line if I want to leap frog DK to chase DE for the fishin title, I gots my work cut out it looks...See ya!!! Oh and I'm sure Glenn will remind us again he's headin up close to Inger...lol.
:sleazy: :rotflmao: mayhaps!!! You had your chance!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey boober  :sleazy: :evil: :happy1: I'm about ready to go. :happy1: :rotflmao:

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: October 10/11/23, 06:25:41 PM by glenn57 »

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
50 pound bag of dog food!!!  dang that dog can eat!!!   or does he share???     :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
50 pound bag of dog food!!!  dang that dog can eat!!!   or does he share???     :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: naw that bag is full of stuff from a dresser to burn, that i dont wanna burn in my firepit!!!!!!

yea thats the size i by for the big doofus!!!!!!! :rotflmao:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
You sure? Hopefully that's a pool cue supporting that tote instead of your gun.. :scratch:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
You sure packed a lot of stuff to convince the wife you're going to the cabin and not to Inger... :whistling:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman