Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 5442430 times)

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gang, 42 for our start & 53 will be the high, they're sayin. It sounds like all the rain is s'posed to stay just south of us yet. Got quite a bit done yday so today just might be 1 of those glenn type days. ;) :smiley: No more now, have a good day.
« Last Edit: October 10/13/23, 07:56:22 AM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
That looks absolutely awesome Roony.  What are the different colors and heat range? As compared to Schiracha.  I do like a few drops of that on things.
Batch 1: hallows eve orange, orange hab, orange hab crossed with scotch bonnet, yellow reaper, lemon spice jalepeno
Batch 2: Blood Ghost, purple bubblegum, Chinese 5 color, red jalepeno
Batch 3: Carolina reaper, Trinidad scorpion, apocolypse scorpion, ghost, cayenne, red jalepeno
I put jalepenos in each batch to tone down the heat a little but they all are fiery.
The warden says I stunk up the place. Her cats fled.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' comrades! 45 at choretime heading for a high in the low 50's. Rainfall totals were 1.27" at the ranch & 1.5" in Bugtussle. Another .05" in town and we will have matched the total for the entire month of September. Got my annual blood draw & butt jab coming up in about a half hour. Had to abstain from two of the things guys enjoy most for the last 24 hrs. so am getting cranky. Well, more than usual anyway. Used to going without any nooky but food? What a joke. Had to fill out at least 4 stupid questionnaires prior to this appt. After the last one, they asked for feedback. They got 'er too! Good grief, consolidate the crap you fools! No wonder a lot of people hate going to the doctor. 
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Looks like a good day to clean off the trailer full of stuff from the North wall of the garage and put it (most of it) back up and away. Some of it is going on a "Free" trailer, some of it is going on a "For sale" trailer and some of it is going to the dump. May take a day or two. Later.....  :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
The warden says I stunk up the place. Her cats fled.
No doubt.  I once walked into a spice shop where they make hot chili powder and there were warning signs on the door for folks with breathing issues - because of the micro dust.  I was OK, but I could see what they were talking about - all those little capsaicin particles floating around everywhere.  It must have been a hot time just being in your kitchen.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I read that Siracha doesn't even advertise.  It is all word of mouth.  They can barely keep up it seems.

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
What the hell happened?  Was it pandemic/supply chain related?  Or did they just get so popular so fast that they had no hope of catching up  / keeping up with demand?  You'd a thunk after 2 years of shortages they'd have figured out how to increase supply.  How hard can it be to stand up a new sauce factory?

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
They were way behind and I don't know how they are doing now.  Heck of a good product to sell so good without advertising.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
decided to skip Wadena and went to Long Prairie,  got some of Glenn's favorite food!!!   cottage cheese with chives!!!! good eats right there!!!   
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Afternoon peoples 48 here and wet. Dumped out 3" when I got home from bustinazzville , good thing it's not snow is all I gotta say. Might just suck for tomorrow's opening day of pheasant chasing, could keep some folks home but I'm going, wonder if HD and G will be out, we won't be near em but just curious is all. Anywho might hafta see if my field pants still fit, probably not I'm thinking....See ya!!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
good luck tomorrow Bobber!!!!   and any one else going out!!!   :happy1:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Later boys.  Headed out to camp to get a fire going. I have the cooler too.

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I'm going out tomorrow but not for pheasants. I plan to crawl into a tree and ambush a big buck.  :azn:
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
I'm notta sayin what I'm a goona do tomorrow, but I hope to post up some pics when I'm done.  Prolly ain't what 'chr thinkin either.

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Didn't get as much done yesterday as planned. Back at it today unless BIL calls and we decide to jack up the corner of his garage and replace a bad floor plate between the door and corner. As far as roosters go I usually leave them alone until Thanksgiving. Good luck today to the rest of the rooster hunters. Have a great day all, later... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 42 here and hope to see 52 today..   way less wind and no rain too...  have to check the rain gauge after sunrise...  got a couple things I want to do today but nothing pressing...   have a good day all!!   :happy1:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' comrades! 44 at choretime heading for a high in the low 50's. Another .25" of rain at the ranch in the past 24 hrs. Been a while since we've seen fall rain like this one. Got thru my welcome to Medicare visit yesterday. Got a clean bill of health so had to be happy about that. Make a feed run this a.m. then we've got folks coming to get some produce this afternoon. If the weather straightens out will have to see what we can do about manufacturing a corn shock yet if there are enough sweet corn stalks left standing after the rain & wind. Wind blew a huge bur oak tree on the kindly neighbor's tractor & auger night before last. As rotten as the tree was inside, it was amazing it didn't blow down sooner. Wrecked the cab on the tractor & the auger is toast. Think there's a tree down in the pasture but it didn't hurt anything.
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents, 46 here & 51 will be the high. I just put a load of clothes on the line & it's actually pretty nice out there already. :cool: Probably mess with the OSB in the new shed again today but we'll have to move Sis's boat 1st. 'Bout it here, hopin your Saturday's a good day.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  43 and headed to about mid 50's.  Will be in the 60's the next few days.  Had a great fire and cooked brats over it yesterday evening.  Had a great time.  May do the same thing tonight.  I need to get out fishing sometime today.  Will have to see when the Gophers play.  Still have some leaves hanging on.  Have a good one.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
About the only Gopher sporting event on TV today might be Gopher men's hockey against St. Thomas. Wife claims that'll be on Fox 9+ or Channel 29 at 6 p.m. We shall see. St. Thomas gave 'em all they wanted last nite but the Gophers won in OT.
« Last Edit: October 10/14/23, 10:21:35 AM by Dotch »

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
SO much hockey talent in the state!  It used to be just the Gophs, but now it is the Gophs, UMD, St. Cloud, Mankato (MN) State, plus - you say - St. Thomas stepping up?   :happy1:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Took the wife out fishing for awhile.  Only fish boated was a big mooneye.  Beautiful fish.  It is still swimming.  I don't even think people smoke them.

Offline Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
Good morning All.   It feels like fall this morning at 27.  Hoping they are right and this wind stays down.  I have bacon to get smoked.  It just smokes better if the wind is not howling. 

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Got the rest of my junk on the selves yesterday. I also moved all of the cabinets and benches back in place along with a fire-proof cabinet for oil and gas cans. That cleared out a bunch of space in the others. Still more cleaning and putting stuff away. Need to get a LP tank headed this way tomorrow and then a furnace hung up and then insulation blown in the ceiling and then get the sewer pumped out and then I might be kinda done for the Fall.  ;) ;)Does it ever end? Have a great Sunday, later.... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all 38 here and could see 57 today!!!   Mark it sounds like a full agenda for ya!!!  always something!!!  got a few things to do today and then just go with the day!!   have a good day all!! 

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Mike, might be a rest and watch tv day today.
mm

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Mike, might be a rest and watch tv day today.

napcar!!!    :happy1:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin guys, 39 here & we might hit 60. Made some good progress on the shed project yday, probably 1 more good day there. Not sure it'll be today though. :scratch: Probably go for a paper & go from there today. No more now, have a good day.
« Last Edit: October 10/16/23, 07:24:08 AM by Gunner55 »

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' comrades! 43 at choretime heading for a high in the low 50's. Definitely a go with the flow day. Should pick up the remaining apples under the Honeycrisp tree then hopefully get back to the corn shock project. I wound up going over to the neighbors yesterday to help clean up the mess from the big tree that fell on his tractor & auger. Neighbor Jon walked his big excavator across the picked corn field and another guy brought his heavy duty skidsteer with pallet forks on it. Enough of us grunts running shovels, rakes, etc., so it made short work of what was a huge bur oak. It had been dead/dying for a while so there was crap all over. There's another one down in the pasture but it's a lot smaller and not in the way of anything. Sheep can eat more of the leaves off of it so will be easier to manage. Better get at it. A lot of work deciding what I'm going to do!  :scratch:   

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Morning fellers still kickin  :happy1:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!