Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 5441895 times)

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
G'luck JB.  How old is the granddaughter?  Nothing better than watching the kids when the deer are coming in.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
morning fellers..........done at the store. a trip to the apple orchard later. wanna do some vehicle stuff......nuttin serious. just check air pressure in tires and my passenger door on the truck wont lock when i hit the button, thinkin a fuse. an i'll find other things to occupy my time.

LPS.......think Mikey has his puter at the puter doctor!!!!!!! :happy1:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
afternoon all, yup my puter needed help...   windows 10 and outdated already!!!!  going to need to upgrade one of these days I'm told, so the gal will find a new one..  she's around them all day long, not me...   only thing missing is mt emails, but that should be back on line later...   have a good day all!!! 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
G'luck JB.  How old is the granddaughter?  Nothing better than watching the kids when the deer are coming in.
She is 17. This is her last year of the youth hunt. Yes it is fun watching her when a deer comes out. We are back in the blind for the evening. Finners crossed.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
GL to her on the hunt. She is already lucky to have a Grandpa take her.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, nice to have my PC back, still not 100% but oh well...   49 here and should see the mid 60's for sure today!!!   another bike ride today!!!   I'm also finding my legs are so much better because of the surgery so I'm glad I was talked into do it!!  have a good day all!!   

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Good to hear that Mike.  Early in the week I had a hard time getting on the site and even the USPS site.  Must have been the system cuz it all works good now.  It is 39 here with 97% humidity.  I can see the fog building now.  Should get into the 60's today.  Showers this afternoon.  Wear your rain coats JB.   :happy1 I will pay some bills today and pat myself on the back since I got the carb back on the WD and it started right up.  Now I think I will sell it since I don't use it much anymore.  Runs great and doesn't use any oil.  Will be sad to see it go.  I have had it for about 17 years.  I used to move snow with it but have the 98 Dodge truck for that now. Well TGIF and lets all stay out of trouble today.  If it doesn't rain we may have a fire later on. 

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin guys, 43 @ 1st peek here & we may see 63 later on. No rain in our hourly but it's pretty foggy. Did some prep work for the dock coming out yday & I'll mess with that a little more today. Moved some pine needles & a few leaves, mulched a bunch more along the driveway too. Had a fire which was mostly for more pine needles. Not certain where I'll start today yet. 'Bout it here, hopin your Friday's a good day. 
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. Had 44 this morning and heading for 60s today. Out in the blind with the granddaughter again this morning. The fog just finally lifted. Another calm morning. Keeping our finners crossed for a deer to come out and play. Hunt hunt hunt. That is the plan for today. Glad to hear your legs are feeling  better Mike. Good job on the WD LPS. Have a good one boys.

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Curious, JB...  What's the leaf cover where you are.  Does your GD prefer to sit in the blind?  Has she ever done a little still hunting?  (Stalk up to the next rise and lean against a tree for 15-20 minutes.)  Maybe the land you are hunting isn't conducive to that.

I always get restless sittin' in the same spot if I'm not see anything and get the urge to go make something happen.  (But maybe that's why DE tags big ones and I get tag soup.  :bonk:)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers........great to hear about your surgery doing good Mike!!!!!!! :happy1: already got the blood draw out of the way for the physical on monday!!! :happy1:

next up cooking up some chicken carcasses for homemade chicken noodle soup!!!!! and putting some fish on the smomer!!!!! havent decided on a fire yet??????? probably since today and tomorrow are supposed to be nice and times a runnin out!!!! :pouty:

SteveO....cant but not add to your post. when i was up i was surprised to see how many leaves where still hanging on the birch and poplar. most the maples are off and i'd expect it from the oaks to hang ont o the leaves yet. but they were starting to drop.

as far as sitting in a stand.........i may get down twicw a day.....usually about 10 for a bit to get circulation going ., maybe walk a 100 yards then back.......then again maybe about 2. where i hunt i've shot and seen alot of deer between 11 and 1!!!

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
I'd just as soon sit thru the noon hour too, but the old timers ;) I hunt with like to go in for lunch. 

Every once in a while my walk-abouts are fruitful.  I made one a couple of seasons back - trying to be really slow, quiet, and stopping frequently - doing my best to walk thru the woods the way I think deer walk.

I must have been doing something right, or this young deer didn't have the experience to know better, but while I was leaning up against my tree, this young buck comes trotting up right towards me and slams on the breaks 20 feet away.  We looked at each other for a while and it finally decided it was time to skedaddle, so it skipped back over the ridge.

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Hurrying up and waiting in a waiting room. At Mayo in Rochester. Going to be a long day. Some decent scenery anyway.

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
You mean all today?????    :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
  Yep and managed to go to sportsmen's meeting too last night along with another trip to FF for a battery before that. That first beer tasted reallllly good about 7:45 when I sat down for a few minutes. So it's load up the four wheeler with it's new $134.21 battery and head to deer camp to set up a couple more stands tomorrow and replace some window treatments on the windows of the schoolhouse. Should be a fire and some beverages consumed also. Have a great all, later.... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Hoping all goes well and that the scenery stays in view.   :sleazy:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Hurrying up and waiting in a waiting room. At Mayo in Rochester. Going to be a long day. Some decent scenery anyway.
:happy1: here's to hoping you hear positive news Mr. Roony!!!!! :happy1: :happy1:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
:happy1: here's to hoping you hear positive news Mr. Roony!!!!! :happy1: :happy1:

yes 2nd that roony!!!!   

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Afternoon comrades! 32 when I awoke.  High heading for 50-ish at nearby Flanders International Airport.. Slept in until 7:30. Too many G&T's methinks.  :scratch: Lots of putz projects here on the Canadian side before HH. Good luck roony. I'll have several extra ones thinkin' about how yer doing while getting my assets kicked at cribbage.
« Last Edit: October 10/20/23, 01:19:59 PM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Hoping you det good reports Roony.

Steve-o, the leaves are probably 70% down up here. As for still hunting that could be an option if she wanted. I have always had better luck just waiting them out though. We will see what happens. This is her 4th year and she was successful the first 3 years. Almost spoiled if you ask me. I hunted for 7 years before ever getting my first deer.

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Yeah, there were some pretty lean years before I got my first deer.  Heck, I think it was 3 or 4 seasons before I even saw a deer in the woods. 

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Not really anything bad but they think I need to wait until after Thanksgiving to return to my part time job.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Not really anything bad but they think I need to wait until after Thanksgiving to return to my part time job.

so only heal, no surgery???   I think that's good!!   

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman

so only heal, no surgery???   I think that's good!!
X2. Definitely better if you don't need surgery. As long as it heals good.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 46 with a NW wind this morning. Heading for 54. Little cooler than yesterday. Cloudy, so really dark this morning. Can't see the crack of dawn to the east. Back 9ut in the blind this morning. She got a crack at a doe yesterday evening. 190 yards and when the bullet hit the rocks behind the deer it appeared she shot over it. Darn. Her spirits she went down after that. I told her we all miss deer at some point. There is a lot of air around them. So hoping some come out to play some reindeer games today. Have a good one boys.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, about the same here for temps JB..  we could see 57 for a high..  just going to go with the day today, nothing lined up but I'm sure I'll find something to do...   I did get a few things done yesterday so that was nice...   have a good day all!! 

tell your GD to keep the faith too JB!!!    :happy1:
« Last Edit: October 10/21/23, 07:13:13 AM by mike89 »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers.....momma left me unsupervised for the day!!!!!!! :evil: :sleazy: :happy1: gotz me some cooking to do this morning getting food prepped for deer camp!!!! need to get that done fo i can play with fire again later!!!!! :happy1:

yea Roony......best do it right the first time then have to do it again and maybe end up worse!!!!!!  :happy1:

JB....at least she seen one and had a crack at it!!!!!!! :happy1: boar would of never seen it laying back in his recliner!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin all, 51 here & 54 will the high. Got rid of some of the old dead wood yday with another fire but it looks a bit windy for that again today. Messed around down at the lake for a bit too. So nice that I even went for a boat ride yday afternoon. Nothin really on the list for today yet. No more now, have a good day.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  49 here and 56 with a chance or rain today. The wife is taking her AARP driving course online so I fill up her coffee cup for her.  I have a couple of little elm trees that are dried up and ready for a fire so I should cut them up today.  My hip is hurting like heck so when the ibuprofen kicks in I will be happy.  May have to take a pain pill.  We shall see.  I see a lot of maple leaves fell overnight.  The wind is blowing here too.  LOL  Well you all have a good one.  Good luck JB and GD.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Afternoon comrades! 40 at wakeup time heading for a high in the low 50's..5" of rain at camp. Grouse picking at clover in the clearing before breakfast. After cutting & splitting wood yesterday, we're coasting today. Were numerous passing showers in the forenoon so it takes some of the fun out of it. Got to play with a Milwaukee 16" cordless chainsaw. Very nice, seemed about the same heft & handled a lot like the old McCullough 510 I once had. Well best get at it. Be bloody Mary time pretty quick.  :happy1:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Bloody Mary sounds yummy. Afternoon boys. Back in the blind again. No deer this morning. She is a trooper. She keeps at it. The grandson and his gf went grouse hunting this afternoon. Grandma took them out to show them some of the trails. Well, here's to hoping one steps out this evening.  :toast: Also got 14 cord of tamarack delivered today from the guy LPS knows. We will do some cutting tomorrow afternoon after the kids leave.
« Last Edit: October 10/21/23, 03:21:19 PM by Jerkbiat »