Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 5441939 times)

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Evening peoples 56 as we speak.  The kid me and Remi went west a town here some this morning looking for some Roosters and all we put up was a measly hen, lots of other hunters out but man was that wind blowing.  Remi is getting close to 10 and he sure has slowed down,   he's been a high flying pointing lab that had no quit over the years so it's tough or different for us, he can't hardly jump up in the backseat anymore.  Sooo we're likely headin to the cabin next weekend to finalize that and try some bird chasing out yonder but did you guys see the forecast a week out!! Not good, I'll leave it at that.  Gonna  grab some couch and watch some hockey....See ya!!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
yup getting colder!!!  I guess I'll putting the Harley's to bed...   :pouty:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Evening peoples 56 as we speak.  The kid me and Remi went west a town here some this morning looking for some Roosters and all we put up was a measly hen, lots of other hunters out but man was that wind blowing.  Remi is getting close to 10 and he sure has slowed down,   he's been a high flying pointing lab that had no quit over the years so it's tough or different for us, he can't hardly jump up in the backseat anymore.  Sooo we're likely headin to the cabin next weekend to finalize that and try some bird chasing out yonder but did you guys see the forecast a week out!! Not good, I'll leave it at that.  Gonna  grab some couch and watch some hockey....See ya!!!
damn boober......... :doah: i can relate.....sorry to hear Remi is slowing down.......sure suxs! :doah:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 46 here and heading for 50 something. Nice and calm out in the blind this morning. One last hura for the granddaughter. Got my finners 🤞. Sorry to hear about the pup slowing down bobber. Age gets us all sadly. Yep, the weather is going to turn. We will be starting up the wood boiler this week. Tuck them bikes in nice Mike. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, going for 58 today and less wind...  not much going on again, but i ended up getting a few things done yesterday I hadn't planned on yet..  that's good too..  give Remi an extra treat today Bobber..   luck to you GD JB!!!   have a good day all!! 

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin boys, 48 to start here & we'll see 55 later. Found enough to do outside yday to get to about lunch time & will most likely do the same today. Probably go get a paper 1st though. 'Bout it here, have a good 1.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers.....got alot done yesterday.......wind died down enough had a nice late afternoon early evening  fire!!!!!! could be possibly the last here at home!!!!! :pouty: gonna head to the house of the 11% rebate sometime today........da dawg needs food, so do the birds!!!!!!

cook up my world famous sketti for sunday nite deer camp. it'll also be our supper tonight!!!!! :happy1:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin peoples 38 here, paper is read and coffee is drank up. Gonna go warsh the pick em up,  head to home dump for a few things then it sounds like the kids are coming over to go walk some trails later. Other than enjoy your Sunday gents....See ya!!

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman

This is about as pretty as the Silver Maples get here. They really changed in the last couple days.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  It is a nice 46 degree morning here.  Will be in the 50's here too.  Hopefully your GD gets another shot at a deer JB. No Vikes today so my schedule is all out of wack.  I will cut that campfire wood today. May even wet a line if I have time with my busy schedule.  Gonna take a friend fishing tomorrow if weather permits.  Time for another cup.  Have a good one. PS:  Give Remi a hug from me!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Afternoon comrades! 31 whenever it was I almost fell on the frosty porch. Luckily my cat like reflexes kept me upright. Kinda dreary heading for the upper 40's. Got brunch & tinctures out of the way now onto wandering aimlessly while searching for more dead bitch trees. We got a bunch of wood cut up & split so some of the entitled young slackers who come up here can burn it in their bonfires then whine when it gets low. Dummies almost tipped a couple of the ricks over on themselves trying to get at some of the bigger pieces in the back. Left a mess. 🙄 We just feel fortunate to have enough to fire up the sauna & shower up with heated lake water. Leaves are roughly 90% down. Tree pic from the 19th not far from Big Falls. The rapids at Big Falls campground same day. Nice chitter there. Bill down for the count after a nasty bloody Mary.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: October 10/22/23, 02:04:55 PM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Almost forgot, 54 years ago today Led Zeppelin released Led Zeppelin II in the USA.

https://youtu.be/LzGBQerkvWs?si=jWnJMX8g51wmUbqz
« Last Edit: October 10/22/23, 04:53:07 PM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Unreal!   Still classic stuff even though I haven't heard it for years.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 48 here and heading for 58 today. Granddaughter never did get her deer this year. Maybe during regular firearms season she will get one. Got the wood stove ready to fire and winterized the camper after the kids left yesterday afternoon. Then the wife and I went for a little ranger ride in the evening. Managed to find one grouse on the way. Otherwise just getting ready to head back to the salt mines. Have a good one boys.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, same temp here, 48 and hope to see 61 today..  it was a nice day yesterday overall..   a bit of wind but not howling at least...  did a few outside things yesterday and inside stuff too..  have a good day all!! 

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Today's projects are move camper to where it's going to spend the Winter and cut the yard for the last time. Have to remove the wheeler from the back of the truck first. We put up the new box stand on Saturday, moved one ladder stand and put up two others in new locations. Later..... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  With no Vikes yesterday we got some things done too.  Got the elm cut up and ready to burn.  I will need to check the weather and get the camper winterized too.  This camper is real easy to do.  May be time to get it into storage too. We talk about not storing it so at Christmas or New Years we can spend a weekend in it.  When winter comes we are happy that it is in storage.   I have to get up early tomorrow and bring Jake to the Vet in Greenbush to get his noogies taken off.  So no breakfast for him.  That will be a challenge and he won't like that one bit. Weather permitting I may take a friend fishing today.  We shall see.   Have a good one. 

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gang, 48 here as well & hopin to see 59. I got a few things done yday early & then it was NFL time. With the change in weather coming, we'll be working on getting our gear out of the lake today. That starts with the canopy coming off the lift, so that's project #1 today. That can be a 3-person project so we will go get the neighbor as he'd like to do his today too. Might pull the boat too, if everything goes well. No more now, have a good day.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' comrades! 45 on my 1st trip to chitter, might get to upper 40's. Damp, drizzly & chilly out there right now. Rained overnite but didn't check the gauge yet. Last full day in camp. Bittersweet day always. Supposed to rain most of the day so prolly done cutting & splitting wood. Will finish getting everything zipped up so we can blast out of here tomorrow a.m. Quiet this morning. Were lots of dogs barking around the lake this weekend. Be great to see Poppy when I get home.

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
I was driving up to fix deer stands yesterday and saw my first timber wolf yesterday morning.  I was northbound on highway 6 between Outing and the Hwy 7 turn-off and it was trotting along the southbound shoulder going the other way.  I know we got too many of them, but actually seeing one was pretty cool.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers. Steveo shoulda had a car accedent with it!!!!!  :happy1:

done at the store for the week....got my physical at 3..... busty getti g ready to head nort in the morning. hope i can stay away at least till the Viking s a down by 20!!!!!! :rolleyes: :rotflmao:

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Glenn, the funny thing is - despite how I feel about how wolves aren't being managed in MN - or how I might approve or disapprove of illegitimate means to control the population - my first reaction to seeing it was excitement.  I reckon it would have been a different emotion if I was grouse hunting and it was standing on the trail 20 yards ahead of me.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Glenn, the funny thing is - despite how I feel about how wolves aren't being managed in MN - or how I might approve or disapprove of illegitimate means to control the population - my first reaction to seeing it was excitement.  I reckon it would have been a different emotion if I was grouse hunting and it was standing on the trail 20 yards ahead of me.
same here.......i've maybe only seen 2-3 in all my times up north but they are a magnificent critter!!!!

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
same here.......i've maybe only seen 2-3 in all my times up north but they are a magnificent critter!!!!
And for the record, the emotion I was referring to would, in all likelihood, involve a change of undergarments afterwards.  Just keepin' it real.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I have seen a few of them and it is cool to see them. 

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
I have seen a few of them and it is cool to see them.
X2. I have seen a few too living up here. They are cool. Just need to be managed better.

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
They are a very cool creature,  we loved hearing them howl when we stayed near Ely, BUT, having one or several chasing not only my pooch or whoevers I'm with in the woods would definitely change the feelings fast.

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Man markn, you gotta pace yourself. Everything doesn't need to be done today.  :azn:
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 44 here and heading for 46 today. The wind is whipping straight out of the north coming off of the lake this morning. Guess that means the front must have moved in last night. I am hoping to start the wood boiler tonight and cut some firewood. Tis the season. We made it longer than usual without starting this year. Otherwise just getting ready for another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.

Offline tangle tooth

• Master Outdoorsman
      Morning, folks. Wide awake at 3:45. We got a little rain last night. Won't be tilling the last garden today. We did, finally, get the garlic planted.
      Might be a good day to take care of a few fix-it projects in the shop.
      Take care, everyone.
I used to be cute and adorable. Then, I had my first birthday. Been downhill ever since.