Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 5441551 times)

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  It is dark.  LOL  Should hit about 45 today.  I will pull the boat later today.  First it is off to Greenbush to get Jake taken care of.  Poor kid.  Now my knee is hurting from walking funny from my hip hurting.  Have my knee brace on for good luck.  Maybe it will loosen up when the ibu's kick in.  Once the boat is out I can relax for a few days since the wife will be gone for some work training session.  Caught a 29" yesterday that I will get posted later. 

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 46 here and hope to see 56 today..   chance of rain too..  bring it on..  getting things wrapped up fall here too..  mostly little things left..  have a good day all!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
morning fellers........got the football thing taken care, finish packing stuff and hit the road north!!!!! in about 1/2 hour as i see it!!!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
safe travels bud!!   :happy1:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents, 49 @ 1st peek here & they're sayin we'll hit 50 later. :scratch: We had the lift canopy in the 60* garage & the boat on the trailer out in front of the new shed a little before 10 yday. :happy1: :cool: The neighbor wanted to wait a couple hours on his, so I did a little more prep work on the dock. My brother started to winterize the boat. The neighbor's canopy came off & his lift came in after lunch yday too. The lift cover will get put away today & we'll see how far we get on dock too. 'Bout it here, have a good day.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin comrades! 40 at 7:30 not sure where the high will be. Be upper 60's at home methinks. Another .7" of rain in beautiful downtown Flanders. Breaking camp. Lots of crap others left to contend with, mainly food. 🤔 Safe travels glenn!
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
safe travels to you too Dotch!!!   

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Safe travels to Glenn a Dotch.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Yes, be safe!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I'm home with Jake.  He was whining some on the way home and it took some time before he would lay down.  He will sleep well now at home.  I have the boat trailer hooked up and will have the wife pick me up at the access and then I will bring the boat down after lunch.  Will be nice to have it out of the water.  What a change.  Yesterday was so nice.  Not today. 

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Nice fish lps!! Good to hear the youngster is doing good, I always hate having a dog put under, they seem to let em go home early and super groggy.  As always Afternoon peoples 53 and soggy in the south metro, had some small hail stack up around 2, hopefully the vehicles pulled thru ok. Other than that it's an inside day looking out...See ya!!!!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 43 here and that is supposed to be the high today. I got the wood boiler rolling last night. While that was working it's way up in temp I cut a bucket load of firewood and put that in the woodshed. Let the good times roll. Otherwise just getting ready for another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.
PS. Nice fish Barry. That is my PB.

Offline tangle tooth

• Master Outdoorsman
      Good morning, folks. 52° and damp. Think I'm going to tie a few wooly buggers today. Just an FYI for you, Christmas is 2 months from today.
I used to be cute and adorable. Then, I had my first birthday. Been downhill ever since.

Offline Iowaboy1

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Good morning everyone, walked into the shop at 6:15 AM this morning with temps at 61, a bit humid with rain on the way, I sure hope so its so dry here it wont be long the catfish will be carrying canteens.
72 for the high and a full list on the schedule so I had better get after it.
Have a great day !

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 46 and going for 53 today.. sating rain tonight...  going to Alex this morning for a few things..  always something..   I see BB ribs for $1.99 so maybe a couple of them..   have a good day all!!!   

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Morning fellers 39 and damp but no rain here in the north woods. Having coffee waiting for more daylight then see if I can find grouse or 2. Mulched leaves yesterday need to finish today.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin guys, 43 for our start & we're headed for 49. We had something pop up yday early that took most of our morning to get straightened out. So, we didn't get very far with the dock. We did get the decking, it's real Alaskan Cedar so it's heavy, off & kind of covered up. Going to put a tarp over it today too. Then the 1st 16' section will be unbolted & the rest will be pulled up the steps by the Grizzly. :scratch: Have to see how that goes before making any other plans. No more now, hopin your Wednesday's a good day.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Got the boat in it's shed, the wood splitter put away too.  Drop the lower unit oil today and blow out the line to the campgrounds.  May even get the floating dock turned today.  I feel good getting it all done.  The wife just left till Fri so Cooper, Jake, Bob and I are going to be raising some he77 around here.  LOL  Gonna be steaks grilling and all kinds of fun going on.   :sleazy:  It's been awhile since I have been unsupervised.   :smoking:

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Beautiful Walleye Barry!
« Last Edit: October 10/25/23, 09:21:30 AM by roony »

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Thanks Roony.  I had a friend fishing with me and I thought it was a sturgeon for a few seconds till I felt the head banging.  Was great that he was there to see it and so I got a nice pic taken. 

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Loaded up a pickup load of aluminum cans yesterday and was bringing them in today. $.35 a pound is enough for me. Got camper put away for the winter too. Need to get our deer hide collection stuff together ready to roll soon too. Later…….
mm

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' comrades! 52 at choretime heading for a high in the low 60's. Broke camp, got my Sapphire at Duty Free, & made it thru customs with a minor delay due to a couple oranges that got into a cooler. Guy was pretty understanding. Were several other minor things he could've been snotty about but wasn't. Had my customary Heath bar Blizzard at the Motley DQ. Drove in some heavy weather from about Hutchinson on down to Nicollet, then again on the east side of Mankato. Saw lots of football field lights on at scattered little bergs in the process and was betting they were getting wet. Poppy jumped all over me when I got home. The wife did not. Imagine that! Feel like I landed here from another planet this a.m. We got a lot done at the cabin, ate some wonderful food, had a great time & looking forward to going back. Nothing too earth shattering happened while I was gone. Sounds like I'll be unsupervised Sat. again. I like yer thinkin' Barry. Nice fish too BTW... :fish2: 

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: October 10/25/23, 11:17:00 AM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Morning people,
Looks like everyone is getting their stuff in order for winter.  :azn:  After yesterday I think I'm about ready around the homestead. That is except for leaves.  :angry:  dakids and I plan to head up to "The Land" after lunch. Should be a good evening to sit in a tree and contemplate life's adventures.   
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
morning.....39 here this morning. Spent the last 3 days getting my gardens and flower beds ready for winter. Only thing left to do is cover the strawberries after the ground freezes next week. Doesn't look like we will get much snow. Maybe an inch or so.
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
welp finally got both Harley's put to bed for the winter and got my lawn tractor with snow blower back home...   rode the bike over my friends place, Jim, and drive home on the other..   end one season and prep for another!!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I hope you stopped at Dairy Queen on your way back... :coffee:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
naw they are close to home..  but that sounds great!!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Always room for ice cream.  Well usually.  Well got the docks moved, oil draining on 115, water line to camp blown out.  Ranger loaded with nice dry wood. I am ready for a cocktail.  Rewards do work.  LOL

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Afternoon peoples 55 at the moment,  arrived home bout 2 from bustin buttville to have momma make my ears bleed cuz we have no wifi before I even had my shoes off, and here she comes again,  probably the motem, the pleasures of working from home. The pooch and I headed for peace outside,  sprinklers put away,  the A/C unit cleaned out and covered ( the breaker is off just incase momma has a hot flash....again) and the last 6 plants got the boot otta the garden. Still need to bring more wood  into the garage but that can wait, like lps says there's always tomorrow....See ya!!!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 41 here and 40 is the high today. The wind is whipping straight off of the lake again up to 19 mph. Sounds like some rain or snow sometime today. I did a little shooting lane clearing last night. Then I went and cleared a big popple that had blown down over a trail. Somebody had to do it, so might as well be me. Hauled some of it home and threw it in the boiler. A little reward for my efforts. Lol. Otherwise just getting ready for another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.